Nicknames

Tied By a Thin Thread

Chapter 37: Nicknames

“5 days ago, when the Min brothers met again” Flashback:

 

‘HYUNG!’ Kwangmin and Minwoo yell at the same. Jeongmin waves at them and runs towards his dongsaengs. Kwangmin feels incredibly happy when the older boy, that has always taken care of them like a mother, wraps his arms around his friends.

‘I’m so happy to see you guys again!’ He says. Kwangmin and Minwoo both agree. They quickly sit down.

‘How are you guys?’

‘Good. Just ruining our tests like always.’ Kwangmin says, making the other laugh. ‘You missed a few tests, right hyung?’ Minwoo asks. Jeongmin bites his lip and nods. ‘Yeah. It was the weekly evaluation so I couldn’t skip it to make the test. The school gave me permission to repeat it though.’ He says, reassuring the two people in front of him who look at him with worry and pity. ‘So, how’s love life going?’ Jeongmin asks. This hyung won’t change. Kwangmin thinks. Jeongmin places his elbows on the table and supports his face with his hands. ‘Flower boy.’ Kwangmin teases him. Jeongmin shoots him a glare, making Minwoo chuckle. Now his gaze switches to Minwoo. ‘And, did Donghyun you yet?’ Jeongmin asks. Minwoo immediately turns red. ‘N-n-n-No! We haven’t seen each other for a while now. Hyung’s final exams are coming up so it can’t be helped…’ Minwoo mumbles. ‘That guy is really something.’ Jeongmin says, rolling his eyes. ‘Are you sure he still loves you? The fact that he hasn’t made a move yet is either amazing or just scary as hell.’ Jeongmin states. Jeongmin and Kwangmin are both surprised when Minwoo drops his gaze to the table. ‘Well… he has been avoiding me more than normally. Maybe he really doesn’t love me anymore.’ The boy mumbles. Jeongmin immediately feels guilty, seeing Minwoo upset. Kwangmin’s death glare towards him doesn’t help either.

‘That’s not true Minwoo. Donghyun hyung loves you. He’s just really busy right now.’ Kwangmin calms the other. ‘Kwangmin is right. I was just making a joke Minwoo.’ Jeongmin adds. ‘And how about Kwangmin?’ Jeongmin quickly asks. He has known Minwoo for a really long time and he now knows that Minwoo is going to keep thinking negative thoughts if you don’t distract him. Kwangmin always gets the hint. ‘We’re doing good. He calls me a lot and we’ve been able to go out on dates more often too.’ Kwangmin says. ‘And, any physical news?’ Jeongmin asks. immediately asking what he’s the most interested in. Kwangmin can’t even get mad, he’s just too happy to see Jeongmin again after a while. ‘No, nothing.’ He says. Jeongmin makes a disgusted face and crosses his arms over each other. ‘Are the two of you really my dongsaengs?’ He asks no one in particular. ‘What do you call Youngmin by the way?’

‘What do you mean?’ Kwangmin asks. ‘You know, a nickname.’ Minwoo explains. Kwangmin makes an ‘o’ shape with his mouth. ‘That’s right. I call Hyunseong all kind of nicknames. What’s yours for Youngmin?’

‘I don’t have one.’ Kwangmin admits. His friends seem surprised by his statement. ‘But you look like you would have one for him!’ Minwoo exclaims. ‘It’s not like I can call him Minnie. We are the Minnie brothers so I can’t give Youngmin the same nickname. Hyung wouldn’t like it anyway.’ Kwangmin says. ‘How do you know?’ Jeongmin attacks. ‘If you call him by a good nickname he will bang you right away. Trust me, I have experience.’ Jeongmin says, earning disgusted looks from his friends. He laughs seeing the two of them. ‘Just kidding guys. But Youngmin looks easy to seduce compared to Hyunseong.’ Jeongmin says. ‘It’s impossible to seduce that hyug.’ Kwangmin whines. ‘I don’t agree with that hyung. Youngmin hyung looks at you like you’re his favourite ice cream.’ Minwoo says, earning a warm smile from Jeongmin for his childish comparison. Kwangmin also grins at the statement. ‘Why is always everyone but me able to see how much Youngmin hyung likes me?’ Kwangmin asks. ‘Cuz you’re dumb. I’ve seen your test results Jo Kwangmin, how did you ever get into this school?’ Jeongmin asks, earning a death glare from the younger. ‘I just wasn’t in the mood to study.’ He defends. ‘He never is.’ Minwoo adds, causing Jeongmin to burst out into laughter. Kwangmin pouts. ‘Meanie Minnies.’

 

End of flashback

 

~

Kwangmin jumps up when someone knocks on his door. He quickly opens it and smiles at the person in front of him. Youngmin greets him with a slightly awkward wave. ‘Good evening.’ He says. Kwangmin can only laugh and pulls Youngmin inside his room. ‘Come on in. You called me so suddenly and asked if you could come over.’ Kwangmin says. Youngmin nods and takes a seat on the bench in Kwangmin’s room. ‘Hyunseong hyung was acting really weird yesterday evening. Did you hear anything from Jeongmin?’ He asks. Kwangmin’s smile immediately changes into a worried expression. ‘I haven’t. Hyung is really busy right now. I did see something I wasn’t supposed to see though…’ Kwangmin says.

‘What was it?’

‘I’m not sure but I think I saw them fighting the last time when Jeongmin hyung came to school. But maybe I was mistaken! I was far away and I couldn’t hear what they were saying.’ Kwangmin quickly says but Youngmin shakes his head. ‘They must’ve gotten into a fight. Well, it’s obvious. The two of them haven’t been apart a lot so I guess Hyunseong hyung is having a hard time to accept that he can’t spend a lot of time with Jeongmin anymore.’ Youngmin says. Kwangmin also takes a seat on the couch. ‘Maybe you’re right. Jeongmin hyung didn’t say a word about Hyunseong hyung the last time we met.’ Kwangmin says. He feels like a real idiot. He’s together with Hyunseong and Minwoo all of the time and still he didn’t notice something was up. Hyunseong had been more quiet than usual and Youngmin had noticed even though he hardly sees Hyunseong. Thinking about that Kwangmin buries his face in his hands. ‘What should we do?’ He whispers. ‘Nothing.’ Youngmin says, placing his hand on Kwangmin’s shoulder. ‘Don’t blame yourself. It’s between those two.’ Youngmin says. Kwangmin nods slightly.

Youngmin smiles and takes Kwangmin’s hands. ‘I didn’t only come here to ask you about that. I wanted to chill at your place because we haven’t seen each other in a while.’ He says. Kwangmin seems surprised by this statement which causes a chuckle from Youngmin. ‘Want to play a game?’ He asks. Kwangmin doesn’t react. Youngmin quickly moves forward and pecks Kwangmin on the lips. ‘You awake now?’ Kwangmin has now gone completely numb. ‘Guess you’re not.’ Youngmin shrugs. He gets up and searches through Kwangmin’s games. ‘What should we play…’ he wonders. Kwangmin finally snaps awake when he realizes something.

‘HYUNG! I’ve been working on a dance choreo. Do you want to practice together with me?’ Kwangmin asks. Youngmin looks up and smiles at him. ‘Of course.’ Youngmin says, smiling brightly at his boyfriend. Kwangmin gets up and takes some clothes out of the closet. ‘Here, you’re going to need it.’ He says as he throws a shirt and training pants in Youngmin’s arms. ‘You’re going to need them.’ Kwangmin warns. Youngmin sighs. ‘Is it hard? It’s been ages since I danced.’ Youngmin complaints. ‘That’s why we should practice hyung. You’re locked in the student council room all day. You should do some movement and get rid of all that body fat that has built up over the past months.’ Kwangmin says, receiving a annoyed glare from the other. ‘You will be surprised when I change my shirt.’

‘Can I watch?’ Kwangmin asks with a naughty twinkle in his eyes. ‘No.’ Youngmin says. Kwangmin starts pouting immediately but the older doesn’t budge. ‘Turn around Jo Kwangmin or I’ll kill you.’ Youngmin says, with a stern face. ‘Turn around or I’ll kill you.’ Kwangmin repeats in a childish voice, still doing his one man self-pity show. Youngmin doesn’t budge and in the end Kwangmin turns around. ‘You better dance well!’ He warns as he hears Youngmin pulling his shirt over his head.

 

~

Youngmin blushes when Kwangmin grabs his sides seductively as they sway along to the music.

‘Why am I the woman?’

‘Because the man leads the woman. You haven’t danced in a long time. So I should lead.’ Kwangmin answers. Youngmin wants to react but the hard steps are coming and he has to leave his comments aside to not ruin the whole practice.

 

Kwangmin on the other side is very satisfied. He is actually making the dance for the theatre club. In his mind he was thinking of how he wanted Youngmin to hold him. He even added a kiss performance as a highlight at the end of the performance in all his excitement. Of course he and Youngmin won’t do it now. Kwangmin still regrets throwing himself at Youngmin the last time. It was a complete disaster and he won’t make the same mistake again.

 

They end the choreography they know and Youngmin drops down against the wall on the floor. Kwangmin takes a seat next to him and gives him a bottle of water.

‘Hyung?’ He asks as he watches Youngmin drinking his water. Youngmin gives  the bottle back when he’s finished. ‘What’s up?’

‘Why don’t we have a nickname for each other?’ Kwangmin asks. ‘What?’ Youngmin asks, surprised by the question coming out of the blue. ‘Well, they say that if you have nicknames for each other you will be more affectionate. Like honey, darling, etcetera…’ He explains. Youngmin just laughs. ‘Way too cheesy.’ He says. Kwangmin pouts. ‘What’s wrong with being affectionate?’ Kwangmin asks. Youngmin ruffles Kwangmin’s hair. ‘Nothing. It’s just not my thing.’ He answers, not sure what else to say. ‘How about a nickname with our names?’ Kwangmin asks. ‘Well, we both have ‘Min’ so then we would have the same nickname.’ Youngmin says. ‘What about I call you Youngie, and you call me Kwangie?’ Kwangmin asks. Youngmin immediately makes a disgusting face. ‘Why?’ He whines. Kwangmin folds his arms, annoyed by the rejection. ‘Ok, I got it. Try it then.’ Youngmin says, feeling guilty seeing Kwangmin’s sulky face. Kwangmin smiles and immediately moves forward.

‘Youngie~’ He says in his cutest voice. Youngmin doesn’t budge. ‘Cutie~ Darling~ Honey~ My Love~~~’ Kwangmin says, attacking with all of the aegyo he knows. Youngmin still doesn’t move an inch and there’s no smile to see on his face. ‘Youngmin.’ Kwangmin says, defeated. This time the other pecks his lips. ‘It doesn’t matter what you see Kwangmin. I only need the voice calling out to me to be your voice.’ Youngmin says. Kwangmin immediately starts blushing at the other’s statement and closes his eyes when their lips meet again. Kwangmin pulls back first. ‘Don’t kiss me in the dance practice room you ert.’ He says, sticking out his tongue. Youngmin rolls his eyes and gets up. ‘Let’s keep on practicing Kwang.’ He says. Kwangmin grins brightly at the half of his nickname coming out from Youngmin’s mouth. ‘You’re amazing.’ He admits.

 

~

Hyunseong is in one of the recording studios. He has locked himself up there since early in the morning. He didn’t feel like going to class and decided to skip it. He has been singing dance songs to forget about the fight he and Jeongmin had over the phone. He is still surprised with himself. He didn’t think he would find it such a big deal. Jeongmin got the opportunity to fulfil his dream and Hyunseong is truly happy for him. But still, his boyfriend seems to be in a completely different world already. Hyunseong doesn’t even want to know what will happen when Jeongmin debuts. When Jeongmin had told him 6 days ago that he had news he hadn’t told the others yet Hyunseong had been happy he was the first to hear. But then Jeongmin started to talk about how he was already placed in a group and that they would be narrowed down until the best trainees remained to debut. In advance the CEO had asked questions about their private life. Jeongmin told Hyunseong that he had denied being in a relationship because he would lose the chance to debut because of that. Hyunseong had gotten mad at that and in response Jeongmin got even more mad. Hyunseong feels like every minute passing by makes him more miserable. The last time his heart ached like this was when he and Jeongmin were told to break up by the previous president of Paran high school. Everything seemed to be lost at that time. But Hyunseong gave up on studying at Paran, for Jeongmin. And now that the situation is reversed, Jeongmin won’t choose him. Hyunseong is nothing compared to Jeongmin’s dreams. That is what causes the most pain. Their love isn’t mutual anymore. And that means it should end.

 

With that in mind Hyunseong takes his phone and sends his text to Jeongmin.

_______________________________________________________________________

Gotyaaa!! Thought I wouldn't write YoungKwang anymore?

Of course I did. Sorry to the JeongSeong fans ....

And the reason I talked about Youngmin's body is of course Real Men, for those who haven't seen that :