Closer

Tied By a Thin Thread

I'M BACK!

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hyunseong is in one of the recording studio’s. He’s so busy singing his lines he doesn’t realize the door opening.

He’s startled when two arms wrap around his waist but composes himself when he feels the familiar, small head resting between his shoulder blades. He finishes his lines and then signs to the student behind the glass that he’ll take a break.

‘Hi.’ He says. He takes the small hands and releases himself from the grip. When he turns around he’s facing Jeongmin. He can’t help smiling at his boyfriend sulky face. ‘You don’t even react anymore.’ He whines. ‘You should be happy about that.’ Jeongmin pouts. ‘Why would I? It could’ve been someone else but me and then you would just stand there. That’s cheating Shim Hyunseong!’ Jeongmin shouts. Hyunseong’s smirk seems to make him realize he said something obsessive because Jeongmin turns red instantly. His head drops to his feet.

‘Not that I care…’ he mumbles, already to turn around and run as far as he can to hide his embarrassment.  Hyunseong realizes in time and quickly takes his boyfriend’s hands. ‘Of course you should care.’ He says seriously. Jeongmin raises his head and looks his boyfriend in the eyes.  ‘Why are you so sensitive today?’ Hyunseong asks. He’s surprised when his boyfriend’s eyes shoot lasers. ‘I knew it.’ He hisses. He wants to pull away from Hyunseong’s grip but the older holds his hand tight and uses his other hand to take Jeongmin’s chin and force him to keep looking at him. ‘Just tell me why you’re upset.’ He says. Jeongmin’s mad expression now changes into a sad one. Making Hyunseong feel guilty without knowing the reason why.

‘How could you forget?’ He asks, almost impossible to understand. Normally Hyunseong would get frustrated but Jeongmin looks so sad that he’s not able to say anything without thinking. ‘I forgot something important I guess. Tell me what it is. Please?’ Hyunseong activates his puppy eyes and he can see the boy in front of him swaying.

‘Do I really have to tell you everything. It’s our 250th day! How could you forget?’

‘Why are you counting? Didn’t you say we’ll be dating forever?’

‘You promised me we would celebrate special days together.’ Jeongmin whines.

‘I never heard day 250 was special.’ Hyunseong says. Jeongmin’s eyes widen. ‘YA! Isn’t every day you are in a relationship with me special?’ He asks, his eyes sparkling from the satisfaction of his own cheesy lines. Hyunseong laughs and puts his head on Jeongmin’s cheek and pecks him on the lips. ‘They are special indeed.’ He says. ‘You could just tell me you wanted to hang out. Do you have to make such a big deal out of it?’

‘You don’t like it?’ Jeongmin asks, shocked. Hyunseong shakes his head. ‘Ani! I love your overreaction.’ Jeongmin smirks. ‘No. You love me!’ Hyunseong rolls his eyes and Jeongmin laughs playfully.

‘Where do you want to go?’

‘Can’t we just go to your room?’ Jeongmin asks. ‘What do you want to do?’ Hyunseong asks. Jeongmin, still in his playful mood slaps his boyfriend’s . ‘I think you know.’ He says. Hyunseong laughs. ‘Don’t joke about thinks like that. I could attack you you know?’ He reacts. Jeongmin shrugs before turning around. ‘Sounds good to me. I’ll get my bag.’

 

~

Minwoo and Donghyun sit next to each other against the wall in the practice room.

‘I thought Kwangmin hyung would be happy because Youngmin hyung isn’t dating that girl but he became even less cheerful.’ Minwoo says.

‘That’s strange… I gave up. Youngmin keeps on being grumpy when I talk about the events. He blames me.’ Donghyun pouts.

‘Of course he does! You set up that date.’

‘Yah No Minwoo… shouldn’t you be on my side?’ Donghyun asks. Minwoo laughs and takes Donghyun’s hand.

‘I sincerely apologize.’ Minwoo says, laughing at the other’s face but Donghyun doesn’t seem satisfied. ‘Sorry hyung.’ Minwoo repeats. Donghyun mumbles something Minwoo can’t hear and he turns his face away.

‘WAAH HYUNG I’M SORRY!’ Minwoo yells. ‘What can I do to make it up to you?’ He regrets asking when Donghyun turns to him with a big smirk.

‘Give me a kiss.’ He says without blinking his big eyes. Minwoo’s shoulders drop. ‘Do I really have to?’ Donghyun copies his body language and adds a pout. ‘You haven’t kissed me yet.’

‘It’s too fast.’ Minwoo defends.  Donghyun looks surprisingly disappointed. It’s the first time he looks this aware of Minwoo looking at his reaction. He hides his face with his hands before brushing back his bangs and letting go. Minwoo watches how Donghyun’s forehead appears and disappears again. ‘You don’t want to? I want to because I really like you. You know that right?’ Donghyun flashes him a side glance that causes his heart to stop. His eyes wander from Donghyun’s left, double-eye lidded eye to his right. He never knows which one to look at. Donghyun keeps staring at him. Minwoo swallows his saliva before answering. ‘I like you too. I just don’t want to go too fast. You’ll get sick of me.’ It’s a lame excuse and Minwoo is not sure if Donghyun sees right through it or not.

‘I would never get sick of you. You pushed and pulled me for a few months. I can’t relax when I’m with you.’ Donghyun says seriously before breaking out into laughter. Minwoo blushes, a bit embarrassed remembering how desperate he was to get the older male to think about him 24 hours a day. He couldn’t be happier. Donghyun is sitting next to him, smiling for him and telling him his true feelings. It’s like he’s been living in a dream for the past days.

 

Donghyun immediately stops laughing when he feels Minwoo’s lips on his cheek for a brief moment. When he turns around Minwoo’s face is completely red. Donghyun is sure he’s smiling like an idiot at the moment because Minwoo quickly hides his face with his hand.

‘I must be crazy!’ He whines, stomping his feet on the floor. Donghyun laughs out loud and quickly takes Minwoo’s hands. The boy tries to refuse him from removing them but Donghyun is stronger. He’s surprised when he realizes Minwoo looks like he’s going to cry. ‘What’s wrong?’

‘I’m just really embarrassed.’ Minwoo says, turning his face away. Donghyun lets go of Minwoo’s hands. He quickly gets up and runs towards the other side and sits next to him again. Minwoo doesn’t turn away anymore but doesn’t meet his eyes either. Donghyun lays his hand in Minwoo’s, surprising the younger. He slowly moves closer. When their noses almost touch Minwoo looks up. Donghyun can feel his heart thumping in his throat. Get yourself together Donghyun. This is a mission! He thinks. His heart doesn’t seem to follow his mind as he drowns in the other’s eyes.

‘I won’t do anything if you don’t want to.’ He says. Minwoo’s breath feels hot on his skin. Slowly Minwoo’s eyes start to look gentle. ‘Ok.’ He says before closing his eyes. Donghyun approaches the younger’s moist lips.

 

‘HOLY !’

Donghyun and Minwoo quickly pull back and turn towards the door. Jeongmin and Hyunseong are staring at the two with open mouths.

So close! Donghyun thinks. He can’t help feeling a bit sad when Minwoo gets up and quickly runs towards Jeongmin, giving his hyung a big hug.

‘Minwoo you~’ Jeongmin teases his dongsaeng while patting him on the back. Hyunseong smirks and gives Donghyun a big thumbs up.

‘How could you do nasty stuff like that in a club room?’ Jeongmin still teases. Minwoo’s face turns red again.

‘Says the guy that got caught kissing in a classroom at Paran high on a weekday.’ Donghyun says. Jeongmin laughs at his attack. ‘I know right?! That’s why I’m warning you Kim Donghyun. Don’t break up with Minwoo when you get caught.’ Jeongmin says, playfully.

‘Of course not.’

The other three are surprised by Donghyun’s serious response. It’s quiet for a bit before Jeongmin cheers and hugs Minwoo even tighter. His dongsaeng whines in his arms.

 

‘So… you’re dating?’ Hyunseong  concludes. The four of them are walking Donghyun to the bus stop. Jeongmin and Hyunseong hold each other’s hand tightly as they walk.

‘Don’t tell anyone.’ Donghyun warns. ‘Of course not!’ Jeongmin answers immediately.

‘You’re so lucky Jeongmin hyung. You can date Hyunseong hyung in public…’ Minwoo says.

‘Don’t worry Minwoo. Donghyun hyung is in his final year next year. If you keep it up for a year you can date like us!’ Jeongmin says happily.

‘That’s not very encouraging, Jeongmin.’ Hyunseong warns him. ‘You’re right babe. Sorry guys.’

‘Don’t sweat it.’ Donghyun says. He can’t help feeling apologetic towards the boy walking next to him.

 

~

The same evening Minwoo drops down on his bed and takes out his phone. He opens his kakao chat with Donghyun.

 

Sleeping?

 

He stares at the screen until the short answer pops up.

 

Nope.

 

He smiles. He’s finally used to Donghyun’s short replies that mean he wants Minwoo to say what he wants first.

 

I really enjoyed today. Jeongmin hyung came in at a terrible timing though

 

Remembering the kiss they almost had makes him happy and nervous all over again.

 

Don’t worry. I was really nervous like a dork. I’ll make up for it and kiss you like a man next time!

 

Minwoo blushes.

 

I liked this too. Sorry for saying I didn’t want to. Honestly, I really want to kiss now!

 

After realizing what he sent he turns red immediately. ! Minwoo you’re such an idiot! He’s going to make fun of me. What if he thinks I’m a ert? What if he wants to break up with me?!

He feels nervous when his phone vibrates. After taking a deep breath he takes the phone and reads Donghyun’s message.

 

Me too

 

 ~

Kwangmin is surprised when his phone rings. He almost gets a heart attack when he sees Youngmin is the one calling him.

‘Hi hyung!’

‘Kwangmin. I’m such an . I know I asked to eat samgyupsal tomorrow but I have to finish my student council work for the first of august.’

‘You are an .’ Kwangmin concludes without mercy. Youngmin’s laugh melts his heart.

 ‘Let’s do it on Friday. We can go to the festival on the 15th together with the others.’

‘With the others?’ The words slip between his lips before he knows it. His voice sounds like Hyun Joo nagging, if she was Youngmin’s girlfriend.

‘We’ll sneak out together to have our samguypsal. Don’t worry, I’ll make sure we will have our alone time together.’

Kwangmin can’t stop the smile spreading over his face. How can he not fall for this guy? He decides to push a bit further.

‘Am I the only one wanting to spend it only with you?’

‘YAH Jo Kwangmin. Can you stop trying to make me say mushy things?’ Youngmin asks, fake annoyed.

So close! Kwangmin thinks. He closes his eyes and pictures Youngmin lying on his bed with the phone clenched between his hand.

The following words are so unexpected Kwangmin doesn’t know how to react.

‘I want to be alone with you.’

 

The last thing he hears is the sound of the phone call being ended.

 

____________________________________________________________

*DongWoo alert: Forever shy cutie pie Minwoo <33