The Results

Tied By a Thin Thread

Chapter 6: The Results

Kwangmin can’t help but feeling awkward. Paran high school looks really different from Jiso. It has a modern feel to it which honestly, Kwangmin dislikes. The whispers around him are also very annoying. Well, it’s obvious because some people are wondering if he is Jo Youngmin wearing a Jiso uniform.

It takes Kwangmin a while to find the room he was told to go to hand in the papers. When he finds it and goes in he can’t help feeling disappointed. He hoped Youngmin would be the one picking up the signatures but sadly it’s some first year kid from the Paran student council.

Kwangmin waits.

 

~

Youngmin sighs when the first year student hands him the huge amount of paper. ‘Thank you.’ He says, not hearing any sincerity in his own voice.

He already had a feeling Kwangmin would be coming to hand in the signatures himself and that’s why he asked the new member of the student council to get it. He didn’t have much choice because the only one he can order around is the new kid. The others would’ve probably punched him in the face for asking for a favour.

 

Going against what he was told to do, he goes towards the president’s office. There are a lot. I can’t be sure… maybe he’ll change his mind?

He realizes he’s wrong after knocking on the door and hearing the annoyed voice of president Sehyuk.

‘WHAT?’

Youngmin quietly opens the door and steps inside. ‘I’ve got the signatures.’ He announces.

‘So what?’

‘I thought you would maybe want to look over them once.’

‘Wrong thought. Go and tell that Jiso kid there’s no way we’re removing the rule.’

Youngmin can feel his mind going blank and his body heating up. How can someone be so uncaring and despicable?! He thinks. Every single thing inside of him tells him to just run over to that desk, pull that guy by his collar of the chair and to hit him. Hit him over and over to pay him back for all the time he got beaten by him and the other student council dogs.

But of course, that’s not what happens. He nods and leaves the room.

I’m also one of his dogs.

 

~

Kwangmin has been waiting for only ten minutes when the boy comes back and gives him a paper. Kwangmin opens it and reads:

 

The student council of Paran high school is not convinced with the amount of signatures collected by Jo Kwangmin, the one in charge of affairs for Jiso high school.

Therefore the deal between Jo Youngmin (Paran) and Jo Kwangmin (Jiso), regarding Shim Hyunseong (Paran) and Lee Jeongmin (Jiso) has ended. The conclusion is that the two of them will end their relationship.

 

We’re sorry for all the trouble you’ve had these past days.

 

When reading Kwangmin immediately notices the last sentence is written by another person. It’s written by Youngmin.

It’s obvious that the president didn’t read the messages. He probably didn’t even look at the papers from the beginning.

Kwangmin drops on the ground feeling exhausted from the work he did for the past few days. ‘I can’t believe I worked like that for nothing! It’s not fair!’ Kwangmin says loudly before getting up and stomping out of the room. he smashes the door behind him to leave some extra impact.

 

~

It’s midnight. Kwangmin watches Jeongmin lying on Minwoo’s lap. His eyes look lifeless. He hasn’t found the courage to call Hyunseong yet and Hyunseong hasn’t called either.

Minwoo the side of Jeongmin’s head. ‘It’s going to be alright hyung. The fact that Hyunseong hyung hasn’t called yet is a good sign. He doesn’t ‘want to break up with you.’ Minwoo says but both Kwangmin and Jeongmin hear the unsure base of his statement.

 

It’s quiet for a while.

 

Then suddenly the door flies open startling the three boys in the room almost to death. The three of them watch Hyunyoung who still has her leg up from kicking against the door. She’s on her bare feet, wearing her pyjamas with a bathrobe over it. Her hair is a total mess and she’s holding a huge cushion.

‘I CAN’T STAND IT ANYMORE!’ She screams as she throws the pillow towards Kwangmin. When it hits him Kwangmin falls back from the heavy force that made the pillow fly at painful speed.

‘What the-?!’

‘I’m so annoyed! Ten minutes you said? That son of a didn’t even look at the work we put into this. He’s the lowest!’ Hyunyoung mumbles a few more curses causing Minwoo to chuckle slightly.

‘I can’t sleep from the irritation and that’s incredibly bad for my skin. I’m going to make an appointment with the president.’ She announces.

 

~

The next day Kwangmin and Hyunyoung appear at Paran high school again to make an appointment but they are sent away immediately, being told that the deal is over and done with and that other negotiations are out of the question.

Kwangmin can barely stop Hyunyoung from barging inside of the student council room but he can’t stop her from throwing her temper. Actually, he doesn’t want to. When Hyunyoung curses and scolds it’s not out of madness but she knows how to say the words that hurt a person or the words that will help one to think.

 

The most horrible thing was coming back to the dorms and having to destroy Jeongmin and Minwoo’s hope once again.

 

‘And?!’ Minwoo asks when both of them enter the room. Kwangmin just shakes his head.

‘They didn’t even take the trouble to see us.’ Hyunyoung says in an irritated tone.

Kwangmin is surprised that not Jeongmin, but Minwoo is the one that starts crying. Jeongmin himself just nods with a sad and lifeless smile.

‘I’m sorry hyung.’

‘It’s alright Kwangmin. It’s not like I had any expectations left to begin with.’ Jeongmin says before turning towards Minwoo and patting him on the back.

‘And why are you crying?’

‘No *sob* reason *sob*. I’m just *sob* really sad!’ Minwoo stumbles over his words from crying resulting in Jeongmin pulling him closer to put another arm around him. Hyunyoung bites her lip. ‘I really don’t know what to do with that school. I’m sorry I wasn’t helpful to you guys.’ She says.

‘No president!’ Kwangmin says immediately. ‘I’m glad that you stood up for us. That means a lot to me and probably to them too. You are an amazing president.’

‘If I am what you claim me to be this all would’ve never happened.’ Hyunyoung says. Then suddenly two phones ring at the same time and Jeongmin and Hyunyoung pick them up.

Both of their expressions turn different after listening to the voice on the other side of the line. While Hyunyoung’s face turns completely white, Jeongmin’s cheeks finally get some colour.

‘WHAT?!’ They both yell out at the same time.

 

~

‘Don’t worry Jeongmin. It’s all going to be alright. – Ok. I’m hanging up.’ Hyunseong says before hanging up the phone. Then he looks for the Y in his phone and calls the first person that pops up on the changing screen.

‘Hello?’

‘Youngmin ah, let’s meet up.’

 

~

Youngmin takes another corner before walking up the stairs. He and Hyunseong have decided to meet at the rooftop. Just because Hyunseong mentioned the rooftop, says it all. Youngmin is going to hear something he rather doesn’t want to hear, or something that will make him dislike Hyunseong overall. Most of the time that he, Donghyun and Hyunseong have a discussion that will probably lead to exchanging a few punches, the three or the two in question meet at the rooftop.

 

Youngmin opens the door to the rooftop. The sun is already setting and the colour of the sky has turned an orange-pinkish colour. He sees Hyunseong’s shadow in the distance. He’s like a black dot leaning against the fence. When Youngmin comes closer he sees Hyunseong is facing his shoes and when he is heard by his older friend they face each other.

‘I’m sorry Youngmin.’

‘Why so suddenly?’ Youngmin asks, forcing a smile. He can’t really read Hyunseong’s expression. It looks happy but for some reason also sad.

‘I’m transferring to Jiso high school.’ Hyunseong says. Youngmin can’t believe it at first. It’s like someone just put a gun at his head and pulled the trigger without a single bit of hesitation.

‘What the hell...’ He mutters. ‘When?’

‘I handed in the paper this morning.’

‘Hyung!’ Youngmin yells. Then he drops his shoulders and sighs. ‘Do you love him that much?’ He asks.

‘Yes.’ Not even a second has passed since Youngmin asked the question. He expected at least some hesitation before the other would’ve answered his question.

‘I can’t let you transfer hyung.’ He says. Hyunseong looks surprised but then his eyes turn darker. The sun has almost disappeared fully  by now and it will only take a while before the two of them will be at the same spot, but with a darker sky around them, and a definite change in the air.

‘It doesn’t matter what you say anymore. I’m going.’

‘Well, I won’t let you.’ Youngmin announces before turning around and leaving the rooftop. Hyunseong doesn’t call after him when he slams the door and starts to speed up his pace until he’s running through the empty hallways.

Just when he is about to enter the student council room other members come out and stop him.

‘Wow! Why such haste?’ One of them asks, smirking when he sees the boy he loves to annoy. Youngmin catches his breath before answering. ‘I have to speak to the president about Hyunseong’s transfer. Is he inside?’

‘He is but he’s not planning to see you.’ Another guy says. Youngmin rolls his eyes and tries to pass them but the third one blocks his way with a wicked smile.

‘Didn’t we say you couldn’t go?’ He asks before punching Youngmin against his chest. The impact causes Youngmin to stumble and another boy pulls out his leg. He trips over it and falls on the ground, his back hitting against the wall.

Before he knows it the boys are kicking him against his legs and stomach. The pain in his ribs slowly builds up and his breath is getting even more uneven. He hears himself scream and beg for them to stop. His yelling and whining only stimulates the boys to kick him harder and to make fun of him. Even though he doesn’t want to show pain it’s just too much. Betraying Kwangmin and one of his most precious friends leaving was already hard enough and this beating is the tip of the iceberg.

__________________________________________________________

Thank you for waiting so patiently.

Sorry Sorry Sorry Sorry Sorry Sorry Sorry!!!!

I finally got my inspiration back >_<

I love reading your comments, everyone is TOO nice :')