Without You

Tied By a Thin Thread

I know… I have no good excuse for why I never updated this fic, or why I didn’t write fanfiction in general. I hope some of you are still around and are still interested in reading this fic. The chapters will probably become shorter because I don’t have as much time as I used to have (you may have noticed that already). Ok, now you can read XD >>>

__________________________________________________________________________________

‘What did you want to talk about?’ Jeongmin asks. They are in the recording room. Jeongmin nervously plays with the strings on his guitar. Hyunseong notices and sighs. ‘I think you already know.’ He says. Jeongmin doesn’t stop the movements of his hands, but he doesn’t say anything either.

‘Stop playing.’ Hyunseong says. Jeongmin ignores him. ‘Stop it.’ Hyunseong says again. Jeongmin closes his eyes to hide his tears. Hyunseong sounds like a different person. So fierce, so distant.

‘DIDN’T I TELL YOU TO STOP IT!’ Jeongmin’s eyes widen in surprise when the guitar is pulled from his grip and smashed to the wall behind them. The sound of the guitar hitting the wall echoes through the tiny space for a few minutes. After that the only sound left in the room is Jeongmin’s crying.

‘Why are you crying?’ Hyunseong asks, sounding cold. ‘Why did you throw my guitar? You know how important it is to me.’ Jeongmin says, trying not to sob too much. He tries wiping his tears but they keep on falling from his eyes. ‘Why do you think I did? That guitar is more important to you compared to me.’ Hyunseong whispers under his breath. ‘You’re wrong. I treasure it because you are the one that gave it to me. You were the one that said you would support even my most impossible dream. So why are you not doing that?!’ Jeongmin asks.

‘Because I never thought you would ok?!’ Hyunseong’s answer brings even more tears to his eyes and he turns around and walks to the door, pushing it open slightly.

‘Tell me now.’ He says. ‘What?’ Hyunseong asks behind him. ‘Break up with me. I don’t want to see your face doing that. Calling me a failure in my face was more than enough.’ Jeongmin says, his voice quivering in fear.

‘Jeongmin, I… I didn’t mean it like that.’ Suddenly Hyunseong’s arms around Jeongmin’s shoulders. Jeongmin turns around and hugs his… boyfriend? He’s not sure about that but it feels so right crying on Hyunseong’s chest. The space between Hyunseong’s arms feels like home. ‘You are so handsome, your voice is beautiful and you can even write songs. I just hoped no one would realize how perfect you are. I want to keep you all to myself but I can’t. And I don’t think I can handle that Jeongmin.’ Hyunseong says. His voice sounds weak. ‘That is why I’m breaking up with you.’ Jeongmin’s eyes widen. He wants to push himself away but Hyunseong pulls the boy back to his chest. ‘I’m sorry. But I don’t want you to get in trouble with your agency, I really don’t know what to say…’ Hyunseong says, hugging Jeongmin even tighter. ‘You are so hard to let go.’

‘This is the part where we say we are in love.’ Jeongmin says, with a smile. ‘I love you.’

‘I love you.’ Hyunseong says, choking on his voice. ‘I know. So when you are ready, definitely come back to me. Confess to me. My answer will never change so don’t hesitate, alright?’ Jeongmin asks. Hyunseong’s head when the other nods slightly against his head.

 

~

‘Youngie~!’

Why me. Youngmin thinks, embarrassed of Kwangmin, who comes running from the other side of the street. Seeing Kwangmin’s puppy face the embaressment naturally disappears and he smiles. He has been waiting for Kwangmin in front of the dormitory of Paran high school. It hasn’t been that long since they met up. For some reason Youngmin ended up inviting the other to his room. Honestly, they could’ve gone out on a date but for some reason Youngmin was really looking forward to having some private time with his boyfriend. ‘Hi, how have you been?’ He asks. Kwangmin smiles. ‘Good, a bit busy preparing for the dance with the theatre club.’ He answers. ‘I see. It is the end of the year performance, right?’ Kwangmin nods. Youngmin can already see the question marks in his boyfriend’s eyes. ‘I’m coming.’ He says, immediately earning an affectionate hug from Kwangmin. ‘YAY! I thought you wouldn’t have time.’ He cheers. ‘It’s also the end of the schoolyear for me. I’m getting less busy. Paran high school doesn’t have anything like that.’ Youngmin says, sighing in relief.  ‘Why are you happy about that? It just means your school is boring.’ Kwangmin says, sticking out his tongue. ‘I think boring is my style then.’ Youngmin defends himself. When he sees Kwangmin wants to say more he quickly takes his hand and pulls him along. ‘Just come.’ Kwangmin lets out a bubbly laugh. He’s such a love fool. Just because I grabbed his hand. Youngmin thinks. He smirks, you know you love that about him, Youngmin. He thinks.

 

The two of them end up playing a game for two hours. Kwangmin bought the game because he knew Youngmin wanted it. Even though Youngmin had other plans for the two of them, seeing Kwangmin’s proud puppy face he naturally ended up thanking the boy and playing the game with him. Not that he didn’t like it. The game was amazing!

Finally thinking back to his original plans he pauses the game. ‘Weren’t we supposed to practice for your play?’ He asks. ‘Ehhh?! I don’t want to!’ Kwangmin whines. Youngmin laughs and tickles the boy in his side. ‘Yah! How can you be so irresponsible?’ He asks playfully. Kwangmin quickly defends his side from more tickles. ‘Hahahaha-no-hahahha-gaming-hahaha-is more fun- ugh! No air… Dying…’ He whines as Youngmin keeps on tickling him.

 

~

Kwangmin desperately tries to defend his sides and thighs from getting tickled but Youngmin is too strong for him. He can hear Youngmin laughing at him in his ear as he quickly switches to the side Kwawngmin cannot defend. Kwangmin tries to grab the other’s hands to stop him but Youngmin is way too fast for him. Kwangmin was so focused on stopping the tickling that only now he realizes that Youngmin’s lips are on his neck, placing a few kisses on the same spot. He flinches. Act like you don’t realize it, Kwangmin. Or you’ll ruin this beautiful moment. He warns himself. He focuses on stopping Youngmin’s hands. The other laughs, pulling his hands out of Kwangmin’s and tickling him again before nibbling on his neck. Kwangmin automatically leans his head back to give Youngmin more space. Youngmin seems to appreciate this and starts kissing up and down his neck. Kwangmin desperately tries to hold back his moans. The walls are thin, I can’t. He’s surprised when Youngmin takes his hands and locks their fingers together. Their eyes meet for a brief moment. Youngmin closes his eyes and moves in for a kiss. Kwangmin happily accepts and allows Youngmin to kiss him. Starting more fiercely from the pecks he has now become used to getting. The pleasant surprise makes him moan slightly but Youngmin catches it and Kwangmin can feel the other smirking against his lips. ‘How cute.’ Youngmin whispers, their lips still brushing against each other.  Kwangmin wraps his arms around Youngmin’s neck and pulls him in for another kiss. There are times he forgets that he and Youngmin are tied on such an intimidate level and when Youngmin makes him realize, he loses sanity every once in a while. Allowing Youngmin’s tongue inside his mouth to deepen the kiss. His body grows hot. Their tongues battle for dominance in the kiss but for some reason it stays a tie. They both pull away to gasp for air. ‘Why don’t you let me win?’ Youngmin whines, his eyes are hidden by his bangs. Kwangmin laughs, brushing Youngmin’s bangs away. ‘Because I missed this.’ He says. Youngmin laughs and plants a kiss on Kwangmin’s forehead. ‘Me too. I’m glad I invited you to my place instead of going out.’ Youngmin says. ‘Wait? This was your plan all along?’ Kwangmin realizes. His eyes have become bigger for the surprise. ‘Oh my god hyung! You are such a ert!’ He accuses the other. Youngmin sighs and rolls his eyes. ‘You are the one with a here though…’

 

~

‘What are you trying to say?’ Minwoo asks. His hands trembling. His face has turned pale. Donghyun’s eyes look harsh and distant.

‘I’m breaking up with you.’