And Goodbye

Tied By a Thin Thread

Chapter 33: And Goodbye

Youngmin checks the score board.

‘Well done hyung.’ He says. Donghyun is standing next to him, drenched in sweat. He just won the soccer game and now the three schools scores are tied. ‘It’s nothing. It didn’t make much difference so I made an effort.’ Donghyun says. ‘That sentence made no sense.’ Youngmin says. Donghyun ignores him. Youngmin realizes the other just made a slip of the tongue. ‘Wait a second. Did you promise Minwoo you would help Jiso high school to win?’ He asks.

‘No! I promised Kwangmin.’ Donghyun says. Youngmin raises an eyebrow. ‘And with what reason did you do that?’ He asks, now very curious. Donghyun raises two eyebrows in response. ‘

‘Why would you care about that when you broke up with him?’

‘We didn’t!’ Youngmin yells. Donghyun makes an ‘o’ with his mouth and Youngmin blushes slightly from the embarrassment of his heated response. ‘We didn’t okay?’ he whispers.

 

Their conversation is interrupted by a buzzer, alarming the start of the dance competition. Both of them quickly rush to the stage without talking any further. There is only a bit more than one minute to impress the judges and students. By the time Youngmin and Donghyun arrive, the competition is already over.

The first thing Youngmin sees is Kwangmin, the boy is standing behind the dancers with his hands in his hair, his eyes big and desperate.

The first thing Donghyun sees is Minwoo, looking at Junghwa, who’s arm is hold up by the judge to announce her win. ‘.’ He hisses. And to Youngmin’s surprise, he immediately leaves to Kwangmin’s side, laying an arm on the younger’s shoulder. Youngmin’s eyes narrow. What the is he doing? Donghyun pats his boyfriend’s shoulder and then moves closer to whisper something in his ear. Youngmin can feel his heart beating painfully against his chest. His head hurts. Seeing Kwangmin being comforted by someone else hurts more than all the times he was beat up by the student council.

Then, Kwangmin turns around and their eyes meet. The younger’s eyes look devastated and incredibly sad. But Youngmin can’t do anything. If they weren’t fighting he would have probably gone to his side already. Why is he standing next to another man? Why isn’t it me? Why does he never come to me? Youngmin thinks, finally breaking their eye contact and turning around.

 

~

‘He’s mad…’ Kwangmin whispered.

‘I told you. He wants you so badly. Quickly apologize.’ Donghyun says, giving his friend’s lover a push against his back. It’s the only motivation Kwangmin needs to start running.

‘Good luck hyung!’ Minwoo yells after him.

‘FIGHTING!’ Junghwa yells. Her laugh keeps ringing in Kwangmin’s head as he runs through the gym and pushes himself through the doors. He doesn’t even feel the cold wind and rain falling onto his body as he steps outside.

Uta has won. He won’t see Youngmin anymore at all if he doesn’t apologize. Everything will be over between them if he doesn’t. He knows that now, and he feels bad for not realizing earlier.

 

~

Youngmin is in the changing room. He isn’t very familiar with Uta high school so he just decided to sulk at a place he could find, that wasn’t outside in the cold rain.

A shiver runs down his spine as he hears a knock on the door. It’s soft and hesitant.

‘Yes?’ Youngmin asks. He inhales nervously as the only answer is another knock on the door. He gets up and slowly opens the door. His eyes immediately meet Kwangmin’s.

‘Can you listen to me hyung?’ He whispers, seeming to be too scared to hear an answer he already turns around to walk away. Youngmin sighs and closes the door.

It’s always the same. He won’t change. Not for me.

Then there is another knock and the door is immediately opened.

‘I kissed you at the wrong timing and place, I know that now. Please forgive me!’ Kwangmin yells as he runs into the room and immediately makes a deep bow after his words.

‘Kwang’-  Youngmin is cut off by Kwangmin looking up.

‘Hyunyoung told me I could become president and be with you more if I won the competition. But because of the competition we only fought more, even though I really want to be with you. I realized I’m not meant to be president, I’m meant to be a love fool. Then Jeongmin said I could definitely take our relationship a little bit further in terms of skinship and I could only think about that.’ Kwangmin says, blushing like a madman from his own honesty. Youngmin just watches the other with confusion. He’s not sure if he should be happy or mad, laugh or cry. Kwangmin looks so adorable but his love for him becomes weirder by the day.

 

‘That’s why I kissed you. I’m sorry. The only thing I was  thinking about was skinship.’ Kwangmin admits, closing his eyes, waiting to be scolded. When the scolding doesn’t come the younger runs up to Youngmin and grabs his hands. ‘At least say something!’ He yells. He tries to make eye contact but he can only see Youngmin looking at their hands. Kwangmin’s heart breaks as he has to let go. ‘Sorry, you never told me to touch you again…’ Kwangmin whispers. By now he’s fighting the tears from falling from his eyes.

Then, the other’s arms wrap around him. The tears fall freely from his eyes as he absorbs Youngmin’s warmth.  ‘Don’t cry. I’m sorry I said that. I was really shocked. I can only give you all of my love when it’s the two of us. I couldn’t do it in school, I thought you knew that and got mad, but I regret it so ing much Kwangmin. I felt so terrible.’ He says. Hugging the boy close and drawing circles on the younger’s back to calm down his sobbing. His head is on Kwangmin’s shoulder, his breath brushing over the other’s neck.

‘Don’t ever try to become president again Jo Kwangmin.’ Youngmin says with a chuckle. Kwangmin feels his whole body tense as Youngmin’s hot breath tickles his neck. Youngmin has already forgiven him, how can his boyfriend be this forgiving? How can someone this perfect be in love with him?

‘I….I…I heard you were sick.’ Kwangmin whispers. ‘Uhm, a little.’ Youngmin admits. He can feel Kwangmin’s arms wrapping around his waist and tugging his shirt. ‘Did you need me?’ He asks. Youngmin, lost in his own self-pity hugs the boy closer and nods against the other’s body. ‘Moriya-san confessed to me. I didn’t want you to find out from someone else like what happened with Hyun Joo. I wanted to tell you myself about her confession and that I rejected her. You’re the only one I’ve ever loved Kwangie. I wanted to call you so badly after that but I just couldn’t.’

‘God, I’m so sorry Youngmin. I’m so ing sorry.’ Kwangmin whispers, holding the other close.

As if someone has pushed a switsch both let go slightly to look at each other. Kwangmin closes his eyes first, and it feels like his whole body melts when Youngmin’s lips connect with his. Their kiss is sweet and loving. Kwangmin feels incredibly happy as Youngmin his lower lip playfully. They pull back at the same time. ‘Love you.’ Youngmin whispers, his eyes dreamy. Kwangmin immediately pulls the other in for another kiss, capturing his lips and preying them almost open immediately and forcing his tongue inside. Youngmin pulls the boy closer against his body, French kissing the other back. Kwangmin can feel his mind going blank. And Youngmin feels like this is how it should be. Having the boy close to him, understanding him. The closeness off their bodies is so comforting but yet awkward. He wants this boy. He wants the boy that is desperately clinging to him, exploring his mouth and body at the same time. It all feels so right. Except for the timing and the place. And it’s heart-breaking for Youngmin to take Kwangmin’s hands as he pulls away from their kiss.

Kwangmin’s eyes jump open. He looks incredibly scared and sad.

‘Not here baby.’ Youngmin says, soothingly squeezing the other’s hands in his. Kwangmin pouts. Youngmin pecks his lips to make the boy smile again. ‘Let’s change and go back together.’ Youngmin says. ‘I still have to talk with Junghwa about something so you go first.’ Youngmin narrows his eyes. ‘Why?’ He asks. Kwangmin shakes his head, laughing. ‘She gave me the last push to apologize to you so I should report to her.’ He says.

‘Report? You’re not saying she knows about...’-  ‘Of course not!’ Kwangmin cuts him off. ‘Let’s change. Kwangmin says.

 

~

Thirty minutes later the two of them are at the bus stop. They can see Youngmin’s bus nearing the roundabout close to the bus stop.

‘I promised you we would eat out after the championship. Let’s do it next weekend okay?’ Youngmin asks. Kwangmin nods happily.

The bus arrives and Youngmin pats Kwangmin on the head with a smile. He then turns around. Before he’s able to get on completely Kwangmin grabs him by his wrist.

‘I’ll call you tonight.’ Kwangmin says. Youngmin tries to hide his smile but he can’t help it. ‘Ok.’ He says, in the sweetest voice Kwangmin has heard of him yet.

‘Bye bye.’ Kwangmin says, realizing it’s the first time he’s able to say these words without feeling scared or sad about what will happen after.

‘See you.’ Youngmin says before getting on the bus completely. Kwangmin steps back and goes to the window where Youngmin sits down. Youngmin flashes him another smile and Kwangmin automatically giggles out loud.

I love you. he moves his lips. Youngmin acts like he doesn’t understand. Kwangmin pouts and Youngmin sticks his tongue out.

 

Then the bus leaves.

 

~

He has been eyeing him for a while. The small boy that comes to the park on sutarday, playing his guitar and singing in a sweet voice for an audience from every age.

 

The boy’s eyes are dark and captivating. His cheeks squeezable, adorable. He smiles in such a perfect and calm way as he sings a sweet song, that suits the slightly warmer autumn day.

It’s been a while he has seen a small guy like this. Seeing someone he wants.

His name is Lee Jeongmin, in his fifth year of high school. Young, fresh, talented, popular.

 

He’s sure, Lee Jeongmin will be his new project.

___________________________________________

Hi guys! It's been a while. I thought I would write this chapter quickly but I kind of failed

I'm busy and all that stuff and I am so happy you guys are all patient and still with me as this story moves on.

I can't seem to end it. Your comments make me want to keep on going but really, I have to end this story soon...

Emotional speech all the way... thank you guys, pyyong!