Youngmin ~ Kwangmin

Tied By a Thin Thread

chapter 0: Youngmin ~ Kwangmin

Beep beep beep beep beep beep-

Youngmin slowly opens his eyes. It’s five in the morning. At first he used to hate to get up at six but now it has become a habit to get up at five, go for a run around the campus, clean and change, and then going to school to study or do his work for the student council.

He has been part of the student council for a while now and is now the head in charge of the school affairs which involves introducing the school to new ideas from other schools, nationally and internationally but it also involves the boring jobs which mostly includes what every member of the student council has to do: making sure everybody follows the rules.

 

You may think, the normal school rules like, no gum, no weapons, no alcoholic drinks but those are ‘unwritten’ rules at Paran high. They are the ones everyone knows without saying them. The ‘written’ rules are the ones that are forgotten once in a while. They are the rules made by students of Paran high themselves to remind the forgetful students.

 

Youngmin has put on his track suit and opens the door. He’s immediately faced with the rules, that are shown on every single door in the dormitory. Youngmin closes the door. Even though he knows them in and out he still reads:

     The 5Paran reminders:

  1. Not fully putting on the uniform is forbidden
  2. It’s not allowed to be back at the dorm past 11 without permission
  3. Mobile phones aren’t allowed in class
  4. Non-Paran students can't enter the dormitory
  5. Dating with students from Jiso high is forbidden

 

 

Youngmin takes out his earphones from his pocket. ‘Let’s go for a run. This is going to be a long day.’ He mumbles to himself.

 

~

‘YAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!’

Kwangmin opens his eyes in shock. When he wants to jump up he realizes he can’t because something heavy is sitting on  top of him.

‘What the heck are you doing? Not getting up?! Minwoo isn’t even part of the student council like you and he went to the gym like… half an hour ago?!’

‘Relax Jeongmin hyung.’ Kwangmin murmurs. ‘Now get off. You’re heavy.’

‘Don’t want to.’ Jeongmin says playfully and he starts jumping up and down on Kwangmin’s stomach.  Kwangmin turns around in frustration. The rolling of Jeongmin’s body of Kwangmin is followed by a loud thumping sound.

‘Ouch…’

‘Did you fall of the bed?’ Kwangmin asks.

‘Of course I did.’ Jeongmin says with a complaining voice before getting up. Kwangmin gets up. ‘But really, why are you yelling so early in the morning? Everyone is still sleeping.’

‘Early? How late were you planning to get up?’ Jeongmin asks.

‘Did I not hear the alarm again? Is it not 6 right now?’ Kwangmin asks in shock now that he finally realizes Jeongmin is already wearing his uniform.

Jeongmin takes out the phone of his pocket and shows him his lock screen.

 

7:53

 

‘Class starts in 7 minutes darling!’

 

~

Youngmin watches the boy in front of him holding out his phone.

‘Don’t you see? It’s this late!’

Youngmin checks the lock screen. 7:55 ‘You’re right, but you should wear your tie and I think you know phones are forbidden so go back before I confiscate it.’ The boy opens his mouth to say something but Youngmin immediately reacts with a deadly stare. The boy closes his mouth and turns around.

‘Well, you’re on a roll today!’ Youngmin turns around and he can see Donghyun stand behind him.

‘I guess I am. Not that I really like this job…’

‘You used to be bad at this, letting everyone through because you didn’t want to get beaten up.’

‘I know hyung, stop it. Why are you here?’

‘To take you with me to class, you can be a few seconds late but not a full minute.’ Donghyun says with a broad smile.

 

Youngmin goes with Donghyun towards his class. He really hates checking appereances at the gates. What Donghyun said was true. He used to say something but just the body action of the other student alarmed him to not complain any further and let them through. After 2 days he was called and he got a good scolding from the president and a (very) good beating from student council members. He realized that no matter what he did, it was wrong. He was already hated because he joined a club and the student council. He knows he should have focused on one thing but he didn’t want to give up the music club. There is no separate dance or singing or musical club which he could join. Still, his passion for music made him join the music club. It was a good thing because he met his first and only support there: Donghyun and Hyunseong. Their voices are as clear and calm as their personality and as strong as their loyalty towards friends. There were many times Hyunseong saved him from a beating and Donghyun always keeps an eye on him to be there when needed. It was a big step for Youngmin to go to Paran high alone. It was the first time he had to stand up for himself instead of for his little brother, that used to always follow him around like the cry baby he was.

In the end Kwangmin went to Jiso. I don’t get why he had to choose a rival school instead of Paran

 

~

Kwangmin runs through the hallway. He’s too late to notice the neon green sneaker in front of him and he trips and falls on the ground.

‘Ya…’ He groans.

‘Get up, you retard.’ The voice alarms him to immediately jump on his feet and stand straight. He’s facing a girl with long black hair in a high ponytail. Her bangs cover her eyebrows. She’s fully wearing her uniform, only the sneakers ruin her model student look. She’s the president of the student council, Hyunyoung.

‘It’s 819 right now. You’re late.’

‘I’m sorry, president.’ He says, lowering his head. ‘Wait, aren’t you part of the student council?’ She asks. ‘Yes…’

‘WOW! How can you be late of you are part of the student council?! I should fire you then right?’

‘I’m sorry! I know this happened a lot but I really, really, re-al-ly won’t do it anymore!’

‘You are late a lot?’Hyunyoung asks, quasi shocked. Kwangmin immediately shuts his mouth. I thought she would know about that!

Well, let’s get to it. Because you are part of the student council your punishment will be organizing the library for 10 days, you will get up at 4 in the morning and you’ll work till 7. Understood…’ – ‘Jo Kwangmin.’

‘Understood Jo hagsaeng?’ Kwangmin nods. ‘I’ll write it down.’ Hyunyoung says. ‘I’m going to class then. Kwangmin says and he turns around.

‘Before you leave, what did you say your role in the student council was?’

‘I didn’t tell you but I’m charge of the school affairs. Then..’ Kwangmin turns around and quickly starts running.

 

Hyunyoung smiles. ‘I see. How did I end up giving such an important role to such an idiot?’

 

__________________________________________________________________________ ______

‘How could this have happened?! WHO IS IN CHARGE?!'

‘Vice president, please calm down. This belongs to school affairs… Jo Youngmin.’

‘Get that ing idiot over here immediately!’

 

~

‘JO KWANGMIN! I'm sorry for screaming my fellow students. This is president Hyunyoung. Jo Kwangmin, could you come to the student council classroom? HURRY UP YOU USELESS IDIOT!’