My Love

Tied By a Thin Thread

Chapter 26: My Love

Jeongmin wraps up his final roll of kimbap and puts it with the others in a lunch box. it’s still early. Normally Hyunseong tends to wake Jeongmin up but this time the younger decided it should be the other way around for once.

 

He almost dances upstairs and quickly enters the room. He watches Hyunseong sleeping and can’t hide a smile.

‘Morning sunshine.’ He says, opening the curtains. Hyunseong reacts by turning around. Jeongmin quickly runs up to him and jumps next to him on the bed. He takes his boyfriend’s face with his two hands and kisses him on his forehead exactly four times. When Hyunseong opens his eyes Jeongmin pecks both of his cheeks. Hyunseong gives him that cute half-awake morning smile and wraps his arms around Jeongmin’s waist, pulling the boy on top of him. Jeongmin giggles and closes his eyes to accept Hyunseong’s morning kiss.

‘You awake?’ Jeongmin asks watching the boy underneath him with his eyes closed. ‘Need one more.’ Hyunseong mumbles. Jeongmin smiles and kisses him again. ‘I made lunch. You should get ready in a bit.’ Jeongmin says. Now Hyunseong finally seems awake. ‘You didn’t have to.’ He says, surprised and also a bit guilty.

‘I wanted to do something to repay you.’

‘You’re so sweet.’ Hyunseong says.

Jeongmin loves this Hyunseong. His boyfriend always tells him he is affectionate in the morning but he wonders if he is as cute as Hyunseong. Being as amazing as him in the morning seems almost impossible.

Jeongmin slips his hands under his shirt to feel his abs. ‘Cut it out.’ Hyunseong says, squeezing the skin around his waist that he was holding gently just now. Jeongmin lets out a shriek and quickly removes his hands. ‘Don’t pinch me there.’ He whines while rolling of his boyfriend. Hyunseong gets up from the bed and walks towards the closet. Jeongmin watches him from the bed and whistles when his boyfriend takes of his shirt.

‘So hot!’ He screams. The reaction is a shirt thrown into his face. ‘Get out, I’m going to take a shower.’

Jeongmin pouts as Hyunseong takes his clothes and towel and leaves towards the bathroom.

I shouldn’t have gotten up early. We could’ve probably showered together and do some early morning dirty things. He laughs, knowing what his Minnie dongsaengs reaction would have been if he had said those words out loud.

 

~

Jeongmin puts on his hiking shoes. ‘I’ll leave my sleeping beauty to you, Youngmin.’ He says. Youngmin rolls his eyes. Jeongmin is sure it won’t be long until Kwangmin will tell him about his first time with Youngmin. Jeongmin personally wants it to never happen. He likes his dongsaengs innocent. He also keeps an eye on Donghyun as the motherly figure he is. Hyunseong takes his hand and pulls him to the front door. ‘I’m sure Youngmin will do well today. You can trust me right?’ He asks. Jeongmin pouts at his boyfriend and then peaks another side glance to Youngmin, not trusting the guy at all. He does trust his boyfriend so he has not much of a choice. ‘I trust you babe.’

‘See you tonight.’ Hyunseong says, while pushing Jeongmin out of the front door. Jeongmin decides to keep quiet and let things happen for once.

 

~

‘Guess summer is ending soon.’ Hyunseong announces. He and Jeongmin are sitting in the bus. Jeongmin sighs and drops his head on Hyunseong’s broad shoulder.

‘We’ve already passed every season in our relationship when summer ends. We’ve been together for a long time I guess.’ Jeongmin announces. He watches Hyunseong in the reflection of the glass. His boyfriend smiles satisfied. Jeongmin, who is finally awake now immediately goes into teasing mode.

‘I guess it’s time for us to switch partners.’ He says. He can’t stop laughing when he sees Hyunseong’s expression change 180 degrees and pushes Jeongmin of his shoulder.

‘Are you kidding me?’

Jeongmin laughs out loud. ‘Of course not you big idiot!’ He yells. Hyunseong puts his hand on his boyfriend’s mouth to stop him from getting any louder and apologizes to the other people in the bus. He keeps his hand on Jeongmin’s hand until the other stops laughing.

‘I was kidding cherub. ‘ Jeongmin says.

‘Don’t make fun of things like that. You know I care too much.’ Hyunseong says, very annoyed. Jeongmin immediately puts on his aegyo voice. ‘Sorry ~! I just love seeing my other half jealous.’ Jeongmin whines, clinging to his boyfriend’s muscular arm.

 

Hyunseong hates how easily Jeongmin always makes his mood go up and down in a second.  He sometimes can’t believe himself. He never thought he would be head over heels for an idiot like Jeongmin. It hadn’t been easy to make Jeongmin his but now he doesn’t regret the hard work he put in.

‘We’re here.’ Jeongmin pulls him out of his thougts with his words. They get off the bus and start strolling. Away from the road, away from the laid out paths. Both of them love to explore roads that haven’t been walked on yet. It is something they could never really do in Seoul but it is much easier now that they’re at an island.

 

The road they have laid out for themselves starts to get steep. Hyunseong hears Jeongmin panting behind him. ‘I’ll carry your guitar.’ Hyunseong offers. Jeongmin flashes him a thankful smile and takes the bag of his shoulders. Hyunseong loosens the straps before putting it on.

‘You’re the best boyfriend Shim Hyunseong.’ Jeongmin announces while stretching out his hand. Hyunseong smiles and takes his boyfriend’s hand. Like that they walk for a while. Pulling each other up the steep hill.

The last bit up makes even Hyunseong pant but when they stand on the top they both gasp from the view in front of them.

‘It’s beautiful!’ Jeongmin says. Hyunseong nods and walks towards a flat stone. He takes the bag with Jeongmin’s guitar and Jeongmin starts unpacking the bag with lunch.

‘I’m happy we switched on the way. If we didn’t I would’ve given up on going all the way up and then we would’ve missed this view.’ Jeongmin says.

Hyunseong nods and takes a piece of kimbap. Jeongmin takes a piece of kimchi and feeds it to his boyfriend. Hyunseong takes it, knowing that this is what people call happiness. They eat in silence, catching their breath and enjoying the view. After that Jeongmin takes out his guitar and notebook and starts playing, softly humming some random guide words. Hyunseong loves this side of Jeongmin a lot. The boy can be an incredible weirdo and the biggest ert on earth but he’s probably the most serious person about music.

 

Hyunseong takes his camera and starts to take pictures of the view. ‘Yah, Jeongmin. You can see dolhareubang from here.’ Hyunseong says. Jeongmin stops playing. ‘Really?’ He asks.

‘Yeah. We should go there and rub its nose to prevent epidemics happen to us and our loved ones.’ Hyunseong says.

Jeongmin laughs immediately. ‘That’s not why you rub it’s nose pancake. You do that to be sure to get a baby boy.’ He says, grinning to his ears. Hyunseong’s cheeks turn red instantly. ‘Really? You’re kidding with me again, right?’

‘No I’m not. If you don’t believe me go look it up.’

‘I will.’ Hyunseong says, fanning his cheeks to get rid of the heat. Jeongmin squaks from his boyfriend’s cuteness.

‘I won’t get pregnant for you Shim Hyunseong. That’s something I can’t do.’ He says. Hyunseong growls to hide his shame, making the playful Jeongmin incredibly satisfied. ‘Want to go wish for a baby boy?’

‘Shut up and just write your song.’ Hyunseong says, very annoyed.

 

Jeongmin jumps up and runs towards his boyfriend. Kissing him on the cheek. ‘How can I write a love song when you’re mad at me?’ He asks. ‘So that’s why the tune of your guitar sounded that playful.’

‘Yes, I was teasing you and your cute reaction made the notes come out just like that.’ Jeongmin announces, giving his boyfriend a grateful hug. Hyunseong hugs him back.

‘ppo ppo?’ Jeongmin asks with puppy eyes. Hyunseong pecks him on the lips. ‘Let’s go down and do some other things. Finish your song in the house.’

‘Okay.’ Jeongmin says, immediately running towards the bag that’s empty. ‘You take the guitar?’ He asks.

‘Do I have any choice?’ Hyunseong wonders out loud. ‘Not really.’ Jeongmin says. Without further complaining Hyunseong puts Jeongmin’s guitar in the bag and takes it with him. ‘Let’s go then.’