I'm In Love With You

Tied By a Thin Thread

Chapter 20: I'm In Love With You

Youngmin is standing in front of all the Paran students. It’s the first day of school. The first day he’s the president of Paran high school. The first day he’s able to do what he wants at this school.

He clears his throat before starting his speech.

‘Good morning everyone. I hope you didn’t have a hard time coming out of bed this morning.’ A few people start mumbling about missing the holiday and sleeping but they stop as soon as Youngmin continues. ‘I am the new president of Paran high school, Jo Youngmin. I will try hard to do my best, even though I’ve never been assigned to an important job like this before. I hope you will also do your best this year and give your all. It doesn’t matter if you’re in your final year or in your first year, let’s work hard.’ He laughs at the complaining echoing through the enormous room. ‘Of course we’re all high school students so we should have fun too. I hope you’ll have fun with your friends or your club mates after school.’ He says. He feels satisfied when the crowd cheers.

‘Then, I would like to continue to the first years. Welcome to everyone that’s new at Paran high school. I hope you’ll be having a great time here. You have classes today as every other student. After classes you will have the time to look around the club rooms or visit the student council to find out if you would like to join one of those.’ He explains. ‘One other thing. Paran high school is welcoming its first female student ever. So, don’t be too surprised when a guy in a female uniform passes by you.’ He switches his gaze to the girl in the corner. Moriya Yukari turns bright red as all the guys in the room try to take a better look at her. Her big, deer like, eyes are shaking from being nervous. ‘Please stay calm. You’ll scare the poor girl. If I see any of you harm her I will make sure a female uniform gets sewed for you to wear for a week.’ He knows he has to warn the guys. They’re like a pack of wolves sometimes…

He stops talking to get the attention of the crowd again. When it’s quiet and everyone’s focused he suddenly feels nervous. He thought he was prepared for this moment, he really did, but right now his mind is a complete mess. His eyes search the room at terrible speed and stop when they find Donghyun. He’s standing between the other final year seniors. He smiles at him reassuringly. Youngmin takes a deep breath before speaking. His strong voice fills the room. It sounds less cold then it did in the past.

‘And another important message. You may or may not have read the rules on your door this morning so I will explain. If you saw it, rule 5 of the written rules had disappeared.’ His voice has so much authority in it that everyone stays quiet. A lot of people nod without saying anything.

‘If you’re happy about it or not, that rule is banned from now on.’

It’s quiet for a long while but then the first boy starts cheering and soon others follow. Before Youngmin knows it everyone has stood up from their chairs and are going crazy yelling, shouting, cheering and whistling from satisfaction.

Youngmin stares at them in disbelief for a long while. It takes him some time to realize he was worrying about nothing. It’s fine. No one hates me for getting rid of the rule. I’m going to be all right! He lets out a sigh of relief and smiles. Then he realizes he has completely lost control of the crowd in front of him and he sighs another time, this time of concern.

 

~

Kwangmin has finished his first lesson of the new school year. ‘I’m already sick of class. I want to dance.’ Minwoo whines. Kwangmin can’t help smiling. He and Minwoo are lazy in the same kind of way. If they have to choose between studying and their passion the second one always goes first.

 

Suddenly the door of the classroom is being opened violently. It’s a girl from the class next door. Everyone’s attention is focused on her as she runs towards the teacher’s desk and positions herself behind it. She takes her breath.

‘I’VE BEEN DATING KIM KYU JONG FOR THREE MONTHS NOW. I LOVE KIM KYU JONG! I LOVE KIM KYU JONG TILL DEATH!’ She shouts. Everyone stares at her in disbelief. Kwangmin is also surprised. Everyone, without overreacting, everyone knows about Kim Kyu Jong. He’s the head of the music club at Paran high school and has a one of a kind voice that everyone loves.

He watches the girl suspiciously. What is she doing? Just when he thinks that he sees she’s finally thinking the same as her face turns pale. She leaves the classroom at the speed of light.

‘She’s lying.’ Minwoo says immediately.

‘What the heck are you talking about? She lost a bet with Kim Kyu Jong oppa. If she didn’t do it he said he would kiss her in front of the gates.’ One of their female classmates, standing near the window says. Kwangmin opens his eyes wide. ‘Why would he do that?! He’ll get expelled!’

‘Haven’t you heard?’ The guy seated in front of him has turned around and drops his head on Kwangmin’s desk. ‘Paran high school got rid of the dating rule. This morning Se Mi also confessed she’s dating one from Paran.’ The girl standing near the window immediately runs towards him. ‘Aigoo! You’ve been liking her for two weeks already your heart must be broken!’ She says in a playful voice. The boy turns his head and gives her the ‘just die’ look. Kwangmin can only stare at the two as he feels Minwoo watching him with a playful smile.

 

What am I going to do? Youngmin has repaid Hyunseong now. will he dump me now? What if he never wants to see me again?!

 

~

‘Moriya-san!’ Youngmin calls after the girl that’s leaving her classroom. She turns around and bows. ‘Iinchõ!’ She reacts before bowing down 90 degrees. Youngmin can’t help smiling. She’s kind of like him when he was a freshman, apart from wearing a skirt and having long hair..

‘How is your class? Are the guys nice to you?’

‘Yes, I really like them!’ She says with a big smile. ‘Because everyone is new I seem to fit in so I’m glad.’

‘Good to hear that.’ Youngmin says. He was really worried about a girl transferring to Paran. It’s probably the biggest task he got and will get as the president. He had to take care of a lot of things for her but it seems like it wasn’t for nothing. ‘I will give you a tour around the school later this afternoon.’

‘Thank you very much.’ Yukari says, folding herself again. ‘Have a good lunch.’ Youngmin says and he turns around. ‘You too!’ The girl shouts. Youngmin doesn’t have to turn around to know she’s bowing 90 degrees again.

 

He takes a left turn and goes outside. Another good thing about being part of the student council is, is having a phone. He enters the student council room. There are only a few students inside. They greet him politely. ‘Are you having lunch here?’ The vice president asks. Youngmin shakes his head. ‘I’m going to be in my room for a while. Don’t disturb me please.’ He says. The others nod. Youngmin thanks them and enters the room. He drops down on the big chair that used to be Sehyuk’s. He used to think that if he were to sit in the big presidential chair one day he would feel really powerful but he doesn’t. It’s the complete opposite. He feels really small, sitting on the big chair in the empty room. He takes his phone and dials Kwangmin’s number.

 

~

Jeongmin, Hyunseong and Minwoo stare at Kwangmin’s vibrating phone on the table.

‘This is the third time he’s calling you!’ Jeongmin says.

‘He has no patience.’ Hyunseong admits.

‘Why won’t you pick up hyung?’ Minwoo asks.

Kwangmin eats his rice. ‘This stuff tastes better than last year.’ He says. ‘Don’t change the topic hyung.’ Minwoo says in a stern voice.

‘I don’t want to.’

‘Why? Did you confess to him?’ Jeongmin asks. Kwangmin’s eyes widen and he looks up. ‘How did you know?!’

‘SO YOU DID?!’ Minwoo yells in surprise.

‘I told you so.’ Hyunseong says. He’s the calmest out of all of them as he takes a bite of his slice of pizza. ‘I’m sorry I didn’t believe you babe. I thought you were saying bull.’ Jeongmin admits.

‘Wait… what?’ Minwoo asks, completely confused. Jeongmin sighs watching his still confused dongsaengs.

‘Let me explain. Kwangmin confessed to Youngmin. We knew this was going to happen one day because we all knew Kwangmin’s head over heels for him. So, when did you confess? Why aren’t you picking up his phone call?’ Jeongmin immediately goes in question-mode after explaining the current situation.

Kwangmin is surprised and also embarrassed everyone knew about his feelings for Youngmin. He wants to ask them for how long but when he sees Jeongmin’s face he knows his hyung is losing patience.

‘I confessed this summer. We’re not dating. He told me he couldn’t date me.’ Kwangmin confesses. This time it’s Hyunseong’s turn to be surprised. ‘What? I think you misunderstood.’ He says.

‘Answer his call hyung, even better, go see him. Right now!’ Minwoo says.

‘No way! I’ll only get rejected again.’ Kwangmin says.

‘I’m sure that if you don’t go see him you’ll regret it Jo Kwangmin and I’m sure you know about it too.’

Yes. Of course he wants to see Youngmin and confess again. But what if it isn’t the right timing? What if Youngmin isn’t calling him about the confession? What if he’s the only one thinking about this kind of stuff? Every time with Youngmin felt like a blessing but he also realized the pain of it. Their kiss hurt him more than that it healed him. The love turned into sadness too quickly every time. If he wants Youngmin to be in love with him one day he has to wait patiently. Even though it hurts he promised Youngmin to wait. He can’t go.

But…

‘GO ! YOU ING IDIOT!’ Jeongmin’s cursing is the only last motivation he needs to lose his mind, get up and run.

He runs to where Youngmin is.

To love.

To pain.

 

~

Youngmin takes out his phone. Kwangmin hasn’t called back yet. ‘Is something the matter Iinchõ?’ Yukari asks. ‘I’m sorry about being this rude. I’m fine. Did you have any more questions?’

‘Not really. Well, only one. Could you walk me to the dormitory? It’s already late so…’ She says, her cheeks turning a slight shade of pink. Youngmin smiles and pats her head. ‘Nothing to be ashamed of. The dark can be scary here, especially on the first day.’ He says. She smiles gratefully.

 

Then loud footsteps approach them and stop behind them. Someone is catching his breath like a crazy person. Youngmin turns around and he’s completely lost when he realizes who the boy in front of him is.

‘Iinchõ… is he from Jiso high school?’

‘Yes.’

‘Is he your twin brother?’

‘Yes…’ Youngmin says. He quickly turns towards her. ‘I’m sorry but could you wait in my room for a bit.’ Yukari smiles and shakes her head. ‘No. I’ll walk back by myself. I’ll make sure to let the head of the dormitory know so take all the time you want.’

‘I’m really sorry Moriya-san.’ Youngmin says. The girl bows 90 degrees and quickly leaves.

 

‘Hyung… I’m sorry… I said I would wait but when I heard about the rule I…’ Kwangmin says. Youngmin approaches him slowly. Seeing Kwangmin out of breath makes him feel disgusted with himself. Why did he have to hurt Kwangmin like that? He never intended all of this.

‘I’m not worth to be your boyfriend… I have no patience to wait for you.’ Kwangmin confesses before looking up at him. Youngmin can feel the tears welling up in his eyes. ‘You have no patience? You should’ve seen me! I banned a Paran rule my first day as a president just to make you mine.’

Kwangmin looks up. He still hasn’t fully controlled his breathing.

‘What did you say?’

‘Kwangmin. The only reason I told you to wait for me is so I could remove rule 5. I wanted to do something that would touch you and then confess to you like a man that’s capable of taking care of you but I guess that wasn’t the right decision.’ Youngmin says. His tears start to fall when Kwangmin’s eyes turn moist.

‘I’m in love with you. I know I made a lot of mistakes and hurt you in the past but I regret it all. Please be my boyfriend.’

____________________________________________________________________________________________

This chapter is way too long.. I hope you don't mind it...

I didn't plan to write anything at the end for this chapter but I just wanted to say the one in the gif is Youngmin.

Youngmin is such a cute crybaby. He cries more than Kwangmin but I always forget when I'm writing about them.

I guess it's because Kwangmin's younger...

<3 thank you for subs & comments, you guys inspire me to write more and I feel like I'm improving reading your advice and wishes for the next chapters <3