Noticing You Without Wanting To

Tied By a Thin Thread

I apologize in advance for grammar faults or writing the wrong words. I'm so excited to update so I'm just uploading thas chapter without reading it over...

____________

Chapter 4: Noticing You Without Wanting To

Youngmin can’t hear the girl next to him anymore. He feels something stinging when Kwangmin turns away and talks again happily, like nothing happened. For some reason Youngmin can’t look away. He can only feel hurt as he sees Kwangmin smiling at the other boy and patting his head. Why the heck is he here? Is he not collecting signatures? Isn’t he taking this seriously?’

‘So you’re looking at those boys from Jiso high!’ Youngmin is pulled out of his thoughts by the girl next to him. She watches them from the back. She probably didn’t notice Kwangmin as his twin. ‘I recognize the uniform. Do you know them?’

‘No. As I already told Paran and Jiso don’t know each other.’ Youngmin answers her, smiling his best polite gentleman smile. ‘I see.’ The girl says.

 

~

Kwangmin can only stare in disbelief. While I’m working hard collecting those signatures he’s going around playing with girls. He thinks. When the girl next to Youngmin puts her hands around his arm Kwangmin can’t help feeling jealous. That .

‘What’s wrong hyung? Your eyes are shooting lasers!’ Minwoo says, very surprised. Before Minwoo is able to identify what Kwangmin was looking at Kwangmin has already averted his gaze towards the wall, far away from Youngmin and the girl.

‘Do you hate the colour of the walls that much?’ Minwoo asks. Kwangmin can’t help laughing at the other’s innocent question. ‘I don’t hate the colour. It’s beautiful. Eat your ice cream before it melts.’

‘Ah!’  Minwoo announces in realization, only now noticing the ice cream dripping onto his shorts. ‘WAAAAHH!’ In surprise Minwoo lets go of the ice cream and the whole thing falls on his shirt. Minwoo pouts. ‘My new outfit…’ It’s silent for a short while before both of them burst into laughter.

 

~

At one point the little boy smiling at Kwangmin annoys Youngmin so much that he gets up. ‘I’m going to the bathroom.’ He says when the girl that was clinging onto him a few seconds ago looks surprised. She nods.

 

~

Even though Kwangmin his turned away and is facing Minwoo, after their laughter about the ice cream he can’t concentrate on the other’s words anymore. He can hear the chair Youngmin was sitting on moving and a few seconds later a voice calls out to him.

‘Hello there! You’re Youngmin’s twin brother right?’ It’s been a while since I heard that question. Minwoo has already turned around towards the table where the Paran and Uta students are siting. ‘Yes, he is.’ He says. Kwangmin watches Minwoo, who for some reason looks really happy. Then he turns towards the guy that called out to them. He’s definitely older than them. Even though his height is average he has a calm and steady voice and big clear eyes that immediately draw one’s attention.

‘Who are you?’

‘I an Donghyun. I’m a friend of Youngmin and Hyunseong. I heard you’re collecting signatures against the ‘Paran can’t date Jiso students rule.’ Before Kwangmin is able to answer Minwoo pulls the papers out of his bag. ‘We are! Want to sign ‘m?’

‘Yes. I’m actually on Hyunseong’s side. He shouldn’t be locked up or expelled.’

‘That’s why we are collecting them, handsome hyung.’ Minwoo happily says, as he quickly hands Donghyun paper and a pencil. Donghyun signs his name and gives it to Minwoo. Kwangmin laughs. Minwoo blushes when his hand and Donghyun’s hand touch. He’s like a little kid sometimes.

‘Can I also sign it?’ Kwangmin immediately recognizes this voice. It’s the voice of the girl that had her arms locked with Youngmin a while ago. ‘If you want to.’

‘How cold’ The girl says despised but she still gets up and signs the paper. Kwangmin can’t say anything. She was just trying to be nice. Why did he react in such a rude manner? ‘I hope Youngmin oppa won’t hate me.’ She says, giggling. YOUNGMIN OPPA?! What is their relationship? Is she his girlfriend or something?! He’s so caught up in his thoughts that he doesn’t realize other people getting up from the table and going towards Minwoo to sign.

 

After their work is done they get up. Kwangmin pays the bill and they leave the café. ‘Hyung, are we still going karaoke?’

‘We should. It helps against stress.’

‘It will be lonely without Jeongmin hyung though. Who’s going to sing the rated songs?’ Minwoo whines. Kwangmin nods. ‘Even worse, we are missing him for singing Sistar’s So Cool.’ Minwoo realizes, now almost crying. ‘It’ll be okay. We’ll give him a video call and then sing it together.’ Kwangmin assures his friend. Minwoo seems satisfied with his idea.

‘Ah ah…’

‘What’s wrong?’

‘I feel sad today. No Jeongmin hyung at karaoke and I should have asked Donghyun his phone number.’

‘I see. I feel sad too.’

‘Why?’

I’m sure Youngmin looked at me but he completely ignored me and he was linking arms with another girl. Is she his girlfriend or is she just an annoying clinging to him? If you’d ask me it’s the second one.

‘No reason.’

‘I see.’

 

~

After returning from the bathroom and being seated again, Youngmin realizes the change in atmosphere. For some reason everyone is avoiding his gaze. Youngmin raises an eyebrow towards Donghyun who shrugs and makes a face that seems to say: How would I know?

Youngmin decides not to care and automatically his gaze turns towards a table not far from his. It’s empty. Even though there was a short exchange of looks it ended with that. No conversation at all. Well, that’s how it should be. It was just like a meeting of two strangers, staying strangers forever.

‘Youngmin, we’re going.’ Donghyun announces. Youngmin nods and gets up. The two of them pay for their drinks and then leave the café. Just when they want to leave the door opens and the girl that was sitting next to Youngmin only a few minutes ago appears.

‘Youngmin oppa?’

Youngmin smiles gently, encouraging her to speak.

‘Could I… maybe…’ Youngmin eyes her curiously as the girl’s face turns tomato red. ‘Could you maybe give me your number?’ She blurts out. Donghyun tries to hold in his laughter. Youngmin gives the other an unnoticeable kick against his ankle to shut him up. ‘If we meet again okay?’ The girl seems surprised by the answer, her eyes getting big and her face turning even redder. She quickly averts her gaze towards her heels. ‘Okay.’ She says before quickly entering the café again.

‘Wow. I can’t believe you gave her false hope. You’re a bad boy Youngminnie.’ Donghyun announces. Youngmin puts his sunglasses on and turns around. ‘You never know. If she’s the one for me or thinks she is we will definitely see each other again right?’ Youngmin asks, smiling innocently. Donghyun rolls his eyes. ‘Forget about what I said. You’re not a bad boy, you’re a player. “Nice to meet you” is your innocent pick up line and that one just now is the one you use to get rid of them.’ Donghyun decides. Youngmin just laughs. ‘It’s not like I have time for a relationship anyway.’

‘Your thoughts are too occupied with fighting your twin?’

‘What fight? It’s a challenge the winner was already decided for.’

‘I bet Kwangmin collects many signatures and you will be so touched that you’ll immediately ban the rule.’

Why the heck is he calling Kwangmin by his name? Did they meet? Did they talk just now? What did Donghyun do in the time I was away? Relax Youngmin, keep your straight face.

‘We’ll see about that.’

 

~

Jeongmin stares at his phone. 22:34

He’s surprised when the screen suddenly changes in a request for a video call. Jeongmin quickly accepts it and soon he is facing Kwangmin through the screen.

‘Hyung! How are you?’ Kwangmin asks.

‘Bored to death!’ Jeongmin announces. Kwangmin pouts and Jeongmin laughs when he hears Minwoo screaming his name in the backround. He laughs even more when he hears Kwangmin and Minwoo quarrelling and soon the screen is black because Kwangmin’s phone has found his way to the ground through the violence.

‘Look at what you did!’ Kwangmin screams. ‘But… but…’ Minwoo defends poorly. Only a while later Jeongmin is facing the two of them.

‘Are you calling me to annoy me?’ Jeongmin asks jokingly. ‘No! We called you for this!’ Minwoo happily announces. Tears form in Jeongmin’s eyes from laughing when he hears So Cool starting in the backround and Minwoo and Kwangmin look like crazy people holding the microphone.

‘Rocking like this. Rocking Rocking like this. SISTAR!’ Jeongmin quickly joins them and adds a few extra ad-libs. He feels a little bit better after singing but after they’re done and Minwoo giggles and hangs up on him Jeongmin immediately feels even lonelier. They’re doing everything and I’m just sitting here. I’m so useless.

 

In the middle of the night Jeongmin stares at the ceiling He’s surprised when his phone rings. He puts his hand under his pillow and checks the screen. He quickly gets up when he reads the name.

‘Hi baby.’

‘How are you?’ The soft voice on the phone makes the ends of Jeongmin’s lips curl up. ‘I’m bored! I was going to go karaoke with my cute ‘Minnie Dongsaengs’ today but I can’t. they went without me! They’re so cruel!’ Jeongmin whines. Normally Hyunseong would laugh but there is no reaction. After a long silence Jeongmin’s lips part.

‘What’s wrong?’

‘Your voice is beautiful.’ Jeongmin closes his eyes and drops down on the bed. He turns on his side, gripping the phone tighter. ‘Don’t say such cheesy things. It’s not like you.’ He says.

‘I miss you.’

‘Those are supposed to be my lines.’ Jeongmin says. He turns on his back again.

‘Well you didn’t call and I really wanted to hear it.’

‘Hear what?’

‘Your voice, whining about loving and missing me.’ Jeongmin can feel his whole body getting hot. He’s sure his cheeks are bright red. ‘I just embarrassed myself.’ Hyunseong announces. Jeongmin laughs brightly. ‘You’re SO cute! I love you baby ~ ♥ Jeongmin squeaks in his special ‘only for Hyunseong’ aegyo voice. On the other side Hyunseong chuckles softly.

‘I’m going to sleep.’

‘What?!’ Hyunseong’s voice sounds surprised.

‘I didn’t sleep for days but now that you’ve called me I can finally sleep well. It’s good to know that not calling you first results in you saying you miss me, I will properly use this weakness against you for as long as we’re dating which will be forever. Bye my cute little apple pie ~’

‘YAH! Lee Jeongmin!’ Before Hyunseong is able to lecture (or curse) him Jeongmin hangs up. He nods in satisfaction and sticks his tongue out. ‘Shim Hyunseong babo! Mehrong ~!

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

YAHOO! Boyfriend’s comeback was the perfect healing for my writer’s block. When I was writing the “‘If we meet again okay?’” I immediately sang: YOU DON’T EVEN KNOW WHAT TO SAY NO MORE GIRL! >_< I’m such a dork. What’s your favourite song of the new album? Mine is ‘Deny’, I listened to it 3 times writing this chapter.

I found this gif, I thought it showed why Donghyun and Youngmin are popular and handsome and just... perfect *sigh*

Thank you for always subscribing and commenting! Look forward to the next chapter ^^