What Can I Do

Tied By a Thin Thread

Chapter 24: What Can I Do

Kwangmin wakes up by someone shaking his knee. When he opens his eyes he’s facing Youngmin. He immediately realizes that he fell asleep on Youngmin’s shoulder. He quickly moves his head and wipes the drool from his cheek. Youngmin smirks at him.

‘Don’t you dare tease me.’ Kwangmin warns him.

‘But I really want to.’ Youngmin admits. Kwangmin pouts. ‘Why did you even wake me up?’

‘Because the plane is already preparing to land. I even put your seatbelt back on for you.’ Youngmin says.

‘Oh! Sorry hyung, thanks.’ Kwangmin says with an apologetic smile. Youngmin shrugs. ‘It’s nothing.’

 

‘We’re going to die. We’re definitely going to die!’

Youngmin and Kwangmin laugh at the high pitched voice behind them. Kwangmin turns around and takes a peek between the chairs. He can’t help laughing when he sees Minwoo clinging himself around Donghyun’s arm and hiding in his shirt.

‘Minnie, everything went well didn’t it? Don’t be afraid.’

‘But…but…’

Donghyun sighs. ‘I guess it’s my fault for watching that movie yesterday.’

‘What movie?’ Jeongmin asks, on the other side of the room. As one of his best friends, Kwangmin notes the naughty thoughts in his hyung’s voice.

‘We watched a horror movie with zombies in a plane and in the end the whole thing collapsed and everyone died, except for the zombies and it kind of ended with them starting to attack earth.’ Donghyun explains. At his explanation Minwoo shrinks and lets out a high pitched whine. The other’s laugh at the maknae’s cute appearance.

‘We’ll make it up to you and give you and Donghyun some alone time.’ Jeongmin promises.

 

~

Youngmin takes one of the keys that he got from the neighbours and opens the fence. They are almost immediately attacked by two dogs.

‘YAH!’ Jeongmin yells when the white dog puts his ground covered paws on Jeongmin’s light coloured jeans.

Kwangmin gasps. ‘They got so big!’

‘What are their names?’ Hyunseong asks as he starts pampering the dog that ruined Jeongmin’s fashion.

‘The white one that you’re patting is Shiro and the one with Minwoo is Kuro.’ Youngmin explains. ‘Such original names.’ Jeongmin’s sarcasm makes the others laugh.

‘Where’s the erted parrot? I think I’ll like him better.’ Jeongmin announces. ‘Probably inside.’ Youngmin says. With those words they start their walk through the front garden.

 

It doesn’t take long before they have discovered everything about the house, that could probably fit around 12 people inside. The first thing Youngmin does is reading the list that Hyunjoong left behind on the rules of the house.

 

In the meantime Jeongmin has already claimed the room with the best bed and Minwoo and Donghyun the one with the best view. Kwangmin decides to enter the room that is farthest away from the other couples. He’s on holiday and he doesn’t want to wake up in the middle of the night by some weird noises.

 

It’s already past 12 and Kwangmin starts unpacking. He looks up when the door opens. He sighs when he realizes it’s Jeongmin

‘I’m going to bed darling. See you tomorrow!’ Jeongmin says. ‘You’re sleeping with Hyunseong right?’

Jeongmin laughs brightly. ‘Of course I am! Don’t worry dear, I’ll behave.’ He says, sending is dongsaeng a wink as a bonus before leaving.

 

Only a few minutes later his door opens again. ‘Goodnight hyung.’ Minwoo says. ‘Don’t let Donghyun hyung lay a finger on you.’ Kwangmin warns. Minwoo laughs awkwardly. ‘Jeongmin hyung said the exact same thing. You guys are like my parents.’

‘If he touches you me and Jeongmin hyung are going to kill him.’

‘I’m sure he won’t. He’s better at waiting then you are.’ Minwoo says. Kwangmin raises his eyebrows. ‘What are you trying to say?’

‘That it’s obvious you were expecting Youngmin hyung to come in just now.’ Minwoo says, sticking out his tongue before leaving the room.

 

Why do they know me so well? Kwangmin wonders.

 

~

It’s been an hour since Kwangmin went to bed. He stares at the ceiling, not sleepy at all. He jumps up when he hears the soft knock on the door.

Before he knows it, Youngmin is in front of him.

‘Did I wake you up?’ He asks. Kwangmin shakes his head immediately. ‘I couldn’t sleep.’ He says.

‘You were never good at adapting to new places.’ Youngmin remembers. Kwangmin nods. ‘When I was scared of being alone at a stranger’s house you were always completely fine.’ He pouts and Youngmin smiles slightly. ‘It’s a good thing that I stayed calm. Otherwise we would’ve been terrible guests.’ He says.

‘Can I ask you for a favour?’ Kwangmin asks. ‘What is it?’ Youngmin asks gently. Kwangmin blushes. ‘Could you put me to bed?’ He asks. Youngmin sighs almost immediately. ‘Kwangmin, try to understand that the situation we’re in is different from then.’ He complains.

‘I know that.’ Kwangmin says, slightly offended. ‘You don’t have to stay, you can leave when you want to.’

 

~

Youngmin watches Kwangmin sleeping in his arms. His eyes are closed and his even breathing fills the room.

‘My pizza…’ Youngmin chuckles at Kwangmin’s sleep talking. Such a dork. He thinks.

‘My…

I told you it’s mine…’

 

~

Kwangmin wraps his arms around Youngmin’s waist. ‘It smells weird in here.’ He says. Youngmin wipes Kwangmin’s tears sloppily.

‘What are you talking about? It’s delicious. It smells like pizza.’

‘Pizza?’ Kwangmin asks, looking up at his brother with teary eyes. Youngmin nods and takes the other’s hands.

‘This is one of my houses. In this house, I bake pizza’s for the restaurant that I own.’

‘Your restaurant in Japan?’ Kwangmin asks, excited.

‘Of course not, babo! That’s my okonimiyaki restaurant. This is for my pizza restaurant in Italy.’ Youngmin explains. ‘So tell me, what kind of pizza do you want?’

‘I want… Hawaii?’

‘That’s mine. Choose another one.’

‘No! It’s my pizza!’

‘I’m the owner so I decide your pizza.’ Youngmin says. ‘And I’m also your hyung so choose another one.' He adds. The tears stream down Kwangmin’s cheeks once again. ‘I told you it’s mine!’ He whines.

Youngmin laughs and hugs him. ‘Alright, it’s yours. Stop crying now.’

‘But- But-‘ Kwangmin sobs.

‘Kwangmin, stop crying. Don’t cry over pizza. Don’t cry over being in a strange place. These things happen all the time. You’re lucky I’m here for you.’ Youngmin says, squeezing Kwangmin’s hand. Kwangmin nods around a millionth times before wrapping his arms around Youngmin’s neck, almost choking him. ‘Don’t ever leave me. What will I do when you leave?’

‘If I leave you wait for me. But don’t worry, I won’t leave. I promise.’

 

~

Youngmin’s heart is throbbing can be felt in his throat. Kwangmin told that he could leave when he wanted to and he knows he should leave before he does something he’ll regret.

‘My Youngmin.’

 

Youngmin realizes only after 10 seconds that he stopped breathing. DAMN IT! I have to get out of here before I die from his cuteness. Youngmin decides. He carefully slips his arms from under his brother and climbs out of the bed. He takes a last look at Kwangmin, restraining himself from kissing those perfect lips, he leaves.

_________________________________________

The dates between the couples are coming up!!

YoungKwang, DongWoo & JeongSeong ><

Please inform me about which date you want to read first/last

Thanks for the comments in advance! <3