Donghyun ~ Minwoo

Tied By a Thin Thread

Chapter 22: Donghyun ~ Minwoo

It has only been a few hours since Minwoo’s confession in class and now Kwangmin is already summoned to Minwoo’s room.

When he enters Minwoo is sitting on his bed crying with Jeongmin next to him, comforting him but looking like he doesn’t know why.

‘What happened?’ He asks and as he thought Jeongmin shrugs. ‘I wanted to lent his headphones and when I came in and asked he started crying. I thought you would maybe know what’s wrong…’

‘I have no idea.’ Kwangmin admits. Throught the conversation Minwoo sobs and rubs his red eyes constantly.

‘Crying won’t solve anything Minwoo. Tell us what’s wrong.’ Jeongmin says.

‘D- sob D- *sob* hyung’-  Minwoo bursts into tears again. Kwangmin sighs and drops on the bed. ‘Did something happen between you and Donghyun?’ He asks. They know he’s right because Minwoo starts whining even louder.

‘That bastard! What the hell did he say to you?!’ Jeongmin shouts.

‘He was mad.’ Minwoo exclaims through his sobs. ‘WHY?!’ Jeongmin screams in disbelief. ‘Because you revealed your relationship?’ Kwangmin asks. Minwoo nods fiercely while crying.

‘WHAT AN ! DON’T WORRY I’LL GO TO PARAN AND KILL HIM RIGHT NOW!’ Jeongmin yells, already getting up shocking his two dongsaengs.

‘Don’t overreact hyung!’ Kwangmin warns him before turning to Minwoo. ‘Are you sure he was mad at you?’ Minwoo nods.

‘Oh god, if he breaks up with you, you’ll be made fun of by all the kids. I won’t let him do that. I knew that Donghyun was trouble from the first time I saw him. You’re never allowed to see him again Minwoo!’ Jeongmin warns him. Kwangmin can’t help laughing at Jeongmin’s mother-like reaction.

‘I’m sure Donghyun hyung won’t break up with him.’

‘On who’s side are you? You want to protect your boyfriend’s friend, right? It’s us or them, Jo Kwagmin.’ Jeongmin says. Kwangmin laughs. ‘Stop overreacting hyung.’

‘So you’re against us. Then leave.’ Jeongmin says, surprising Minwoo. ‘Hyung~’ He whines through his sobs while tugging Jeongmin’s shirt. Kwangmin flashes Minwoo a reassuring smile. ‘I’ll leave and come back when this misunderstanding is cleared. I’ll help Minwoo.’ He says before leaving the room.

 

~

Youngmin finishes his last bit of paperwork before turning around. He stares at the clock.

01:54

Then his eyes wander to the bed. Donghyun has been lying there with his hands covering his face for almost two hours now.

‘Why are you still here?’

‘If I’m alone I’m going to go crazy.’ Donghyun says.

‘Do you want to talk about it?’ Youngmin asks, disgusted by his own question. Donghyun and Youngmin don’t really have the talking kind of friendship. That’s way too gay. Guys solve problems with their actions. Donghyun seems to know his thoughts as he shakes his head. No words follow.

Youngmin shrugs and turns around. He starts tidying his desk and when he’s almost done his phone rings. The name on the screen makes the sides of his lips curl up automatically.

‘What’s up?’

‘Hyung… it’s me.’

‘I know.’ Youngmin says. ‘Groce…’ Donghyun mumbles in the background. Youngmin decides to ignore his friend and continue in his head over heels -  in love – sweety voice.

‘Why the call?’

‘Sorry to bother you but Minwoo was crying. He said Donghyun hyung became mad at him and now he’s really sad. Do you know anything about it?’

‘What?!’ Youngmin immediately turns around. ‘You got mad at Minwoo?!’ He asks, shocked. Donghyun gets up immediately.

‘Me? Mad? Is that what he told Kwangmin?! It was the other way around. I tried to tell him it was going too fast and he god mad at me!’ Donghyun says as he points at the phone and at himself.

‘Donghyun hyung says Minwoo got mad at him.’ Youngmin says immediately. Kwangmin sighs on the other side of the phone.

‘I already thought it would be something like that. Once again sorry but can you ask if Donghyun is going to break up with him?’

‘Do I really have to ask that Kwangmin?’

… please?’

‘This is their problem Kwangmin. Let’s not interfere okay?’ He asks, his voice sounds completely different from when their conversation started. It has already become firm and full of worry. Donghyun gets up and walks towards him. ‘Tell Kwangmin not to worry. I’ll talk to Minwoo tomorrow.’

‘Wait for a little bit Kwangmin, I’ll call you back later.’ Youngmin says and he hangs up without hearing an answer. ‘What about school?’ He asks.

‘Can’t the president help me for once?’ Donghyun asks in an affectionate tone. Youngmin sighs but then grins. ‘Well, we’re friends so why not?’

‘ASAA!’ Donghyun shouts and he’s immediately silenced by Youngmin again. ‘Don’t think it’s for free. You’re going to clean my room, wash my clothes and buy me drinks for two months.’

‘Ok! As long as I can make up with Minwoo.’ Donghyun exclaims. ‘Thanks man!’ He pushes Youngmin hard against his shoulder before leaving the room happily.

Yougmin laughs and rubs his shoulder that’s completely turned red. The pain means he’s happy I guess…

 

~

Minwoo looks up from his notebook when a girl from his class puts her hands on the table. ‘What?’ He asks, obviously annoyed. The girl seems a bit shocked at first but quickly puts on her smirk.

‘I heard you and Donghyun aren’t dating. Why did you lie?’

‘Don’t be so mean to him, Min Ah.’ A girl from the other side of the room says. ‘He probably said that because he was afraid of not being accepted because he’s homoual. It must’ve been hard on him.’

Min Ah sends her friend a cunning look before turning back to Minwoo. ‘Why did you lie?’ She asks. Kwangmin watches the scene. He would love to interfere but he feels like Minwoo won’t appreciate his help. His dongsaeng clenches his fists. ‘I wasn’t lying.’ He mumbles.

‘What?’ She asks.

‘I wasn’t lying.’ Minwoo says again, now a bit louder.

‘Bull.’ The girl says.

This is the punchline for Kwangmin and he immediately gets up. ‘You’re the one saying bull. You’re just jealous Hee Yeon. Shut your mouth if you can only say y things.’ Kwangmin says.

The reactions from the class are very different. Some hum in agreement while others gasp from the student council member his words.

‘I don’t think I was talking to you.’ Hee Yeon says.

Min Ah gets up and takes her friend by the arm. ‘Just leave it.’ She whispers.

 

The air in the classroom stays cold until one of the girls seated near the window screams.

‘ISN’T THAT KIM DONGHYUN?!’ Everyone immediately gets up and runs towards the window. Then, the bell for the break rings and everyone hurries to get their bags. ‘We can’t miss this.’ Some guys say.

Minwoo and Kwangmin are also looking out of the window. There are already a lot of people near Donghyun, talking to him. It doesn’t seem like he’s answering their questions.

‘You should go. Before a crowd gathers.’ Kwangmin warns him. Minwoo seems incredibly insecure and it just makes him want to punch the guy.

‘Are you planning to keep fighting?’

‘What if he breaks up with me in front of everyone?’ Minwoo asks with big eyes.

‘What the heck?! Are You Hee Yeon or something?! Stop saying bull and go!’ He yells. Minwoo seems shocked by Kwangmin’s behaviour at first but then nods and runs out of the classroom.

 

~

Donghyun has been asked a millions of questions. He has already decided. He won’t say anything. he won’t listen to these people. He will only hear Minwoo out. He will only answer Minwoo. He will show Minwoo and everyone about how much he loves him and then hopefully Minwoo will calm down so they can take it slow again. At their own pace, the two of them. That’s how he wants it.

 

After waiting for around ten minutes since the break started the crowd starts to scatter. Before Donghyun knows it a path has appeared. At the end of that path Minwoo is standing.

Without hesitating Donghyun walks to his boyfriend first. He will show Minwoo.

I’m going towards you. I’ll go to you so please don’t leave me. I will show them how much I care so please, forgive me and do the same!

The closer he gets, the clearer it becomes how hurt Minwoo is. His eyes look sad and everything about him seems to give him an urge to turn around and run away from this terrible situation. It’s hard to ignore the people watching him.

He keeps walking and before both of them realize it they are standing face to face.

‘Hi Min.’ Donghyun says, trying to sound confident. Now Minwoo’s sad face turns into a confused one. Donghyun smiles slightly as he knows what’s going on in his boyfriend’s head. Why is he so casual? Weren’t we fighting?

‘What?’ Minwoo asks. Now, Donghyun finally laughs out loud.

‘You’re looking at me like I’m some kind of alien! What? you ask? Can’t I even go to see my boyfriend anymore?’ He asks. He ignores the reactions from the crowd around him.

Donghyun becomes even happier as he sees Minwoo trying to hide his confusion and embarrassment. He’s not sure of how to react. He seems to hold a debate with himself about becoming angry at Donghyun or playing along with his act. Donghyun is glad when the younger chooses the second option.

‘You can. But shouldn’t you be at class?’

‘I missed you too much.’ Donghyun says before reaching over to peck him on the lips. The reaction from the crowd is incredible. It’s like they’re at a football stadium and one of the teams has scored. The supporters go crazy with happiness and anger. Minwoo’s eyes widen.

Donghyun takes his boyfriend’s hand tightly and pulls him along. They leave the school ground with the speed of lightning.

 

Donghyun pulls Minwoo along all the way to the bus stop. When they reach their destination he immediately wraps his arms around Minwoo.

He hears how Minwoo lets out a sigh of relief.

‘I’m sorry Minnie.’ Donghyun says. He can feel Minwoo tugging on his shirt. ‘It’s okay.’

‘I didn’t mean to hurt you. I just want us to take it slow without other’s interference.’

‘Yeah… I know. I just really wanted to make you mine. I know how much you’re liked. I was too possessive I guess…’

‘I felt bad at first but now you just sound cute.’ Donghyun says, laughing. Minwoo giggles along.

 

~

Kwangmin walks down the stairs to prepare for his break. He stops when he sees two people standing in the shadows of the corner near the stairs.

‘I really didn’t know. I really thought Minwoo was lying.’ Hee Yeon says. Min Ah shakes her head, wiping away her tears. ‘It’s my fault. I confessed to him three years ago and got rejected. I guess my unrequited love from four years ends here.’ She says with a weak smile.

‘I never thought Kim Donghyun would be gay. But I guess it’s better that you got rejected because of that reason right? There are better guys out there for you.’ Hee Yeon says.

Min Ah cries again from her friend’s kind words. ‘Aigoo! You’re such a crybaby.’ Hee Yeon says. ‘Should… we apologize… to Minwoo?’ Min Ah asks.

 

‘You better do that.’ Kwangmin says. The girl’s are starled by his sudden appearance. ‘I’m sorry to interfere your girl time but I agree with Min Ah. You two don’t know him as well as me but I saw he was incredibly hurt by both of your words.’ He says. Both girls look very guilty and regretful. ‘We’ll apologize. I was jealous and hurt. I didn’t have to be like that to Minwoo.’ Min Ah says and Hee Yeon nods. ‘I’m also sorry to you Kwangmin.’ She says. Kwangmin smiles slightly. ‘Me too. I cursed at you without knowing Min Ah’s feelings.’ He says. Then Kwangmin turns around. ‘I’ll tell the teacher you’re at the infirmary so cry till your heart’s content.’ He says.

 

~

Youngmin jumps on his bed. It’s only 10 o’clock. Donghyun has to do his student council work which means he can FINALLY catch up on some sleep.

Just when he wants to set his alarm his phone rings.

‘Hi hyung. It’s been a while!’

(‘…’)

‘Seriously?!’

(‘…’)

‘Can I take whoever I want?’

(‘…’)

‘Daebak!’ Youngmin announces happily. He finishes the call and then he immediately gets up to stalk Donghyun.

 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

OH GOSH!

CAN YOU BELIEVE THEY'RE COMING BACK TOMORROW!

I decided I just had to update. I'm so freaking busy if I have inspiration I don't have time to write. It's SO annoying.

I wrote the chapter longer than normally though ^^

I also got the songs from the Seventh Color album and I'm totally addicted to Don't Stop :')

MinwooXKwangmin kills me everytime they are way too perfect!!!

They're all too perfect... You guys know the feels >.<

Thank you for reading/supporting Tied By A Thin Thread <333