Tell 'm

Tied By a Thin Thread

Chapter 21: Tell 'm

‘Kwangmin. The only reason I told you to wait for me is so I could remove rule 5. I wanted to do something that would touch you and then confess to you like a man that’s capable of taking care of you but I guess that wasn’t the right decision.’ Youngmin says. His tears start to fall when Kwangmin’s eyes turn moist.

‘I’m in love with you. I know I made a lot of mistakes and hurt you in the past but I regret it all. Please be my boyfriend.’

 

Kwangmin can’t believe what he just heard. It seems like a dream. A dream that will become a nightmare the moment he wakes up.

‘Am I troubling you?’ Youngmin’s worried voice makes him realize he hasn’t said anything for a long while.

‘No! You’re not troubling me at all! It’s just… it’s just that I didn’t expect this at all.’ He says the tears in his eyes are finally streaming down his cheeks. ‘I thought you would tell me to stay away from you.’ He admits before breaking out in heart breaking sobs. Before he knows it Youngmin is in front of him. Youngmin takes Kwangmin’s face between his hands. Their red and wet eyes meet.

‘I never thought that. There are times I forced myself to think I could tell you to stay away but that was a really long time ago and I never succeeded anyway. I’ve been in love with you and I still am Kwangmin.’

‘I… sob… I love you too.’ Kwangmin answers, finally smiling. As if it’s an automatic reaction a smile also spreads over Youngmin’s face. ‘Thank you.’ He says.

‘Why are you thanking me?’ Kwangmin asks, a bit confused. ‘For loving me.’ Youngmin says before pecking him on the lips. Kwangmin just stares at him in disbelief. Youngmin tilts his head. ‘Hmm?’ He hums watching his new boyfriend’s reaction. He pecks Kwangmin’s lips again and Kwangmin finally seems to realize what’s happening. He breaks out into a broad grin.

‘It’s getting late. You should go home.’ Youngmin says. He wraps his arms around Kwangmin’s waist and pulls him closer. Kwangmin hugs him back. ‘Okay.’ He says softly, enjoying the hug. He nuzzles his nose against Youngmin’s neck.

‘Call me when you get home, alright?’ Youngmin asks. ‘Okay.’ Kwangmin says, even softer than the first time.

‘You don’t want to go, am I right?’ Youngmin asks. Kwangmin doesn’t answer but presses his lips against Youngmin’s neck. Youngmin laughs out loud and pulls Kwangmin back and lets him go.

‘Don’t keep me occupied. I’m busy.’ He says. Kwangmin pouts. ‘How can you say something so mean after confessing?’

‘That’s my charm, and you know it!’ Youngmin says. Kwangmin watches him in disbelief and then shrugs. ‘True. But still…’

‘If you’re not going I am.’ Youngmin says. Following his words he turns around and starts to walk away.

‘WAIT! STOP!’ Kwangmin screams. He watches how Youngmin disappears in the darkness. Before he isn’t able to see Youngmin anymore the other waves at him without turning around. Kwangmin smiles and wipes away his remaining tears. ‘He’ll never change.’ He says before turning around to make his way home.

 

~

‘I’m going to do it.’

‘Do what?’ Kwangmin asks. It’s their break time. It has only been 2 days since Youngmin’s confession and girls and even some guys made known about their relationship with Paran students at Jiso high school.

‘I’m going to do what everyone is doing.’

‘And what is that in god’s name?’ Kwangmin asks, getting annoyed slowly. Minwoo doesn’t answer and gets up. Just like the girl a few days ago he positions himself behind the desk and takes his breath and clears his throat.

‘Could I get your attention?’ He asks. It immediately turns silent. Normally people wouldn’t care but because Minwoo is a popular guy amongst nog only the girls but also the guys, the attention is immediately focused on him.

‘You know about the Paran rule right?’ Everyone nods and Kwangmin can see from the corner of his eye one girl takes out her phone.

‘I want to tell something I have kept quiet for way too long.’ He says. Kwangmin doesn’t get it. Minwoo seems different. Determined. Sadly, Kwangmin doesn’t know why and he doesn’t know what Minwoo is going to get himself into.

‘I… I’m gay.’ He says. Most people catch their breath. Kwangmin can hear the people having PE outside, which is never the case with their class.

‘And I realized that because I fell in love with someone. I’m dating Kim Donghyun from Paran high.’ Minwoo says.

Kwangmin can’t believe his ears. Did he hear that right?! Minwoo is dating Donghyun?! How could he have missed that?!

‘Well he’s hot.’ One of the girls says.

‘Hot guys are always gay.’ Another girl adds. Now the whole class laughs.

‘Why didn’t you tell us.’

‘Well… not really everyone accepts gay people and there was also the rule at Paran…’

‘You let it out for sure now.’ One of the guys in class says and everyone laughs again. They then turn to Kwangmin who still has a shocked expression on his face.

‘From his face I’m sure he doesn’t know.’ One of the guy says as one girl starts typing fiercely on her phone.

 

~

It’s almost night time and Youngmin is sitting behind his desk in his room. He still has to finish some paperwork and then he can finally sleep.

Suddenly the door is thrown open and Donghyun barges inside. ‘I’m screwed!’ He yells throwing his hands in the air. Youngmin immediately turns around on his chair and gives his hyung a stern president expression.

‘Keep quiet.’ He warns him. Donghyun grins. ‘Yes sir.’ He says. He drops down on Youngmin’s bed.

‘What’s wrong hyung? I’m kind of busy right now…’ Youngmin turns around again and starts writing.

‘Minwoo told everyone he’s gay and that we’re dating.’

Youngmin drops his pen and in a flash he’s standing in front of the bed. ‘You guys are dating?!’ He asks, completely surprised. Donghyun raises an eyebrow. ‘I knew you were dense but I didn’t know it was this severe.’ He admits. ‘Well, I’m sorry for not being some kind of cupid. Since when? How?’ Youngmin asks. ‘This is the first time I’ve seen you this interested in my life.’ Donghyun announces. ‘Of course. Everything about you is super obvious but this is something I didn’t expect to be confronted with regarding you.’

‘Are you saying I’m a predictable person?’ Donghyun asks. He sighs when Youngmin nods without hesitation.

‘Everyone is asking me if we’re dating now…’

‘You must be happy then.’ Youngmin says but Donghyun shakes his head. ‘Not really. It’s super awkward. Everyone looks at me weirdly.’

‘Well, of course. Even I didn’t expect you to date dancer No Minwoo from Jiso high school as your best friend, but hey!, look at you!’ Youngmin says. Donghyun sighs. ‘You’re no help.’ He says and he gets up from the bed. Youngmin laughs. ‘I’m not alive to give you advice. Be happy I listen to your story. I’m a busy person you know?’

‘I know, and now my life will become busy too.’

‘Weren’t you busy already? You’re in your final year hyung.’

‘Yes, but I swear. Dating is much more tiring than studying. Kwangmin will probably make you realize that soon enough.’

‘The number one thing on the ‘list of people I don’t get tired of’ is Kwangmin.’ Youngmin defends.

‘You’re just a LB babo.’ Donghyun says.

‘What’s that?’ Youngmin asks. ‘love blind idiot.’ Donghyun says. ‘That was your worst joke ever.’ Youngmin says. Donghyun grins. ‘I know, and probably my last.’

Then his phone rings and his smile immediately disappears.  ‘Is it Minwoo?’ Youngmin asks. Donghyun nods. ‘Good timing. Leave my room and pick up the phone. If you don’t talk about it now you’ll regret it later.’ Youngmin says. Donghyun pouts but then nods. ‘I should trust the guy with experience.’ He says before leaving the room.

 

He picks up the phone in the hallway, quickly moving towards his room.

‘Why didn’t you call me?’

‘Sorry. I was at Youngmin’s room.’ Donghyun says. He tends to call Minwoo almost every evening but now he couldn’t for some reason. The fact that people know about their relationship puts him into an awkward position. If he’s honest about it, he wasn’t prepared to reveal it yet…

‘Is Youngmin more important than me?’

‘Of course not!’ Donghyun shouts. Minwoo giggles and then it’s quiet. Donghyun takes his breath. ‘Why did you reveal our relationship?’

‘Why? Because everyone did. They seemed happy. I wanted to be happy too.’

‘Minwoo, I still feel troubled about it.’

‘What? Why?! Do you think our relationship won’t last?’

‘That’s not it. I just liked it when it was something between us. Sharing it with others is a bit… still…’- ‘ARE YOU ASHAMED OF DATING ME?! AM I SO MUCH OF AN EMBERASSMENT YOU WANT TO KEEP IT BETWEEN US?!’

‘I think we’re having a misunderstanding over here.’

‘WELL I THINK YOU’RE JUST A STUPID JERK!’ beep beep beep….

Donghyun puts his phone down and stares at the screen in disbelief.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Sorry if there are many mistakes, I didn't read it again as a check-up

The main image is EXACTLY how I imagined Donghyun would look at the end like... Oh.. ㅜㅜㅜㅜ

Thank you for commenting and subbing! ^_^