Close To Confessing

Tied By a Thin Thread

Chapter 19: Close To Confessing

Their first kiss is sweet and full of bitter love. It’s short but seems to make up for all the pain both of them have felt for all this time.

Youngmin pulls back first. They open their eyes at the same time.Youngmin swallows the lump in his throat away to speak. Kwangmin stops him from saying something. ‘Me first.’ He says, with a determined tone in his voice. Youngmin nods weakly. Kwangmin gathers all of his courage and tries to stop himself from thinking about the obvious reaction he’s going to get.

‘I love you.’ When he sees Youngmin’s expression he immediately regrets confessing. ‘Can’t you accept me?’

‘I…I’m sorry Kwangmin.’ Youngmin says before wrapping his arms around the other and pulling him closer. Kwangmin doesn’t have the strength to push him away and buries his face in Youngmin’s t-shirt. The strong chest comforts him a little bit but mostly makes him feel sad. This could be the last time Youngmin hugs him like this.

 

~

Youngmin can feel his heart throbbing in his throat. He loves me… Kwangmin loves me! But I can’t ask him to date me right now. I have to change the rule at Paran first as the new president. That was my plan from the beginning but, damn, I want to change it even more now! He takes some time to think of the right words to say.

‘I can’t accept you right now. Can you wait for me?’ It’s silent for a while.

‘Do I really have to?’ Kwangmin mumbles.

‘If you want to give up on me easily you don’t have to wait.’ Youngmin announces.

‘I hate you.’ Kwangmin sighs. Youngmin releases the other from his embrace so that they face each other again.

‘Don’t say such things after confessing to me. It makes you look pathetic Jo Kwangmin.’ He says in a playful tone. Kwangmin can’t bring himself to laugh at his brother’s words. He releases himself from Youngmin’s grip and leaves the hall.

 

~

Hyunseong softly opens the door of his boyfriend’s room and goes in. it’s only 8 in the morning. He sneaks towards Jeongmin’s bed and sits down next to his sleeping angel. He watches Jeongmin’s peaceful facial features before laying his hand on Jeongmin’s cheek.

‘Wake up, sleepyhead.’ He says softly. There’s no reaction until Hyunseong ruffles his hear with a bit of force. Jeongmin slowly opens his eyes. The light of the day is still to strong for him. He smiles at Hyunseong with half-opened eyes. ‘Good morning.’ Hyunseong says. ‘

‘ppo ppo.’ Jeongmin says in a cute tone. Hyunseong smiles and gives his boyfriend a gentle kiss on his forehead. Jeongmin wraps his arms around Hyunseong’s neck and pulls him close. Hyunseong accepts the hug immediately. Jeongmin is always incredibly cute in the mornings. He’s almost like a five year old in the way he asks for non-stop love when he wakes up. Hyunseong points at his cheek. ‘Where’s my ppo ppo?’ He asks. Jeongmin giggles cutely. ‘I don’t want to.’ He says and he sticks out his own cheek. ‘Give me ppo ppo.’

‘No. I want one first.’ Hyunseong says In a srict tone. Jeongmin pouts but then pulls him close and gives him a kiss on his cheek. Hyunseong rewards him with his kiss. Jeongmin seems to be very satisfied with waking up like this and Hyunseong can’t say he dislikes it either.

Jeongmin pecks Hyunseong’s lips and the older smiles.

Normally, Hyunseong would be really careful with Jeongmin in his own house. Jeongmin seems to have earned the same characteristics as his mother. Both of them barge in at the most terrible timing. They were almost caught kissing once. Jeongmin likes being affectionate but Hyunseong doesn’t feel like it’s needed in public. It’s a different case when someone is hitting in Jeongmin of course… if it was like that he would probably even kiss him in the middle of the street to show him he’s his. There are times that Hyunseong feels that he is way too selfish but when he looks at Jeongmin, who is incredibly lovely, he can’t help but feel anxious.

‘Don’t go anywhere ok? Be right here in the mornings so I can find you.’ He says. Jeongmin watches him with big, questioning eyes. ‘Hmmm? Are you mad?’ He asks. He rubs his eyes and yawns. ‘No. You look really tired.’

‘That’s alright because you always think I look cute when I’m tired.’ Jeongmin announces. This is also the sign for Hyunseong that Jeongmin is in progress of waking up. The real Jeongmin is coming back.

‘I’m going downstairs to help your mom with the preparations. She shouldn’t be doing everything on her own birthday.’ Hyunseong says.

‘Yeah. Thank you for helping out babe.’ He hears Jeongmin say before he shuts the bedroom door behind him.

 

~

Youngmin watches Kwangmin barging through his closet. ‘You should take this shirt.’ Kwangmin says. He takes it out and throws it towards the other. Youngmin catches it. ‘You’re so messy.’ He complains. He folds up the shirt and puts it in his bag.

‘You should also take this hoodie.’ Youngmin catches the item and scans it. ‘This is not mine though…’

‘Of course not it’s mine. Kwangmin says. Youngmin raises his eyebrow. ‘Why would I take your hoodie?’ He asks. Kwangmin doesn’t hide his annoyed expression. ‘You’re so senseless. When you miss me you can put it on and it will feel like I’m hugging you.’

‘Eww! What are you? My girlfriend?’ Youngmin says with disgust in his tone. Inside he’s cheering from Kwangmin’s cheesy love for him but if he doesn’t react the way he does he would’ve definitely forced a kiss on those cute pouting lips. ‘Do you have to be so mean?’ Kwangmin asks. Youngmin dismisses the thought of kissing the other and nods. ‘Of course. You will have to wait for your whole life before you meet a nice version of me.’ Youngmin says.

 

He can’t believe the summer vacation has come to an end already. He’s going back to Paran high tomorrow and the day after he will open the ceremony as the new president. The thought of it already makes him incredibly nervous. He looks at the hoodie in his hands and then at Kwangmin. He silently folds the hoodie and puts it in his bag. Kwangmin doesn’t notice.

 

~

The next day Kwangmin wakes up from the sound of the door closing. He opens his eyes wide and jumps up. He runs and stumbles over his laptop, that he put on the floor after using it before sleeping. He curses but still hurries towards the window and quickly opens the curtains. He doesn’t see Youngmin anywhere.

 

His two little toes have turned red when he walks downstairs. Youngmin’s shoes are gone. The manga that was lying around for the whole holiday on the couch in the living room has also disappeared. Even Youngmin’s dishes have vanished from the table when he enters the kitchen. It feels like Youngmin has never been home at all.

Kwangmin takes his seat and eats alone in silence. He cleans up on his own, goes downstairs alone and enters his room without saying “see you later” to anyone. He’s surprised when he notices the piece of paper peeking out from under his pillow. He quickly takes it.

 

To. Jo Kwangmin with a terrible sleeping face and a poisonous morning breath

 

You were sleeping so tight that I decided to not wake you up. Thank you for everything. Don’t forget to call me!

 

From. Youngmin

 

Kwangmin laughs. ‘He’s always mocking me.’ He whispers. He puts the note in his book from the student council to keep it safe and decides to take a shower.

 

~

Youngmin has spent the whole day unpacking his bags and instructing the student council for the upcoming year. Everyone was surprisingly well-behaved during his instructions. It seemed like the previous bullies, that he was most afraid of, were more scared of him from now on. Their desperate eyes seemed to beg him to not get back at them now that he has the power too. Of course Youngmin won’t do that. He did think about it. He always swore he would get back at them after being beaten up but he knows he has to show a good example and not do that. He doesn’t want people to get the wrong idea about him. He has to be a model student for others to improve Paran high school. He can’t say he’s confident. He’s very anxious. Tomorrow he will be telling everyone about the changes made in the written rules. On top of that, this is the first time that a female student will attend Paran high school. She didn’t want to go anywhere but Paran high and her parents decided to pay a lot of money to get her here. Youngmin still has to figure out what to do about her dorm stay. Normally, first-years share their room but for her that would be impossible.

There’s so much to do… Youngmin thinks in despair. He gets up and walks towards his closet. He takes the hoodie from its hanger and puts it on. He wraps his arms around himself and closes his eyes. The smell of Kwangmin enters his noserils and Youngmin can slowly feel his tensed body relaxing.

Should I give him a call? No Youngmin! Let’s wait just a little bit. Tomorrow you’ll finish all of that work and then there’s only one thing left to do. You have to confess to Kwangmin!

 

~

Kwangmin is in the dorms of Jiso high school. He decides to sleep early because he’s sure that if he doesn’t he will miss the opening ceremony just like his previous year. Because he was late he had to come to president Hyunyoung. She got incredibly mad and told him he should learn something about responsibility. She made him take care of the transfer papers for exchange students. He was surprised when Hyunyoung said she liked his quick handwork and how he was good with words. She immediately gave him a job in the student council. Kwangmin still can’t believe he accepted something like that. He really hated it at first. He couldn’t sing, dance and obviously sleep as much as he actually wanted to. Now he doesn’t mind these things anymore at all because he was able to meet Youngmin through his head of affairs job.

 

A knock on the door pulls him out of his thoughts. ‘Come on in!’ Kwangmin says. The door immediately opens and Minwoo runs towards him, giving him an affectionate hug.

‘Three Min brothers in the house baby!’ Jeongmin yells as he also enters Kwangmin’s room. The other two laugh. ‘Good to see you hyung.’ Kwangmin says. ‘I’m in such a good mood. Let’s go karaoke!’ Jeongmin decides. ‘Alright. Let’s go.’ Kwangmin says and Minwoo’s eyes widen. ‘Are we really going?’ He asks, his eyes switching from one hyung to the other. ‘Why not?’ They both ask.

‘Well tomorrow is the opening ceremony and…’ –‘Who cares! Kwangmin is going to oversleep even if we don’t go so, why not?’ Jeongmin exclaims. ‘That’s the best reasoning I’ve ever heard coming from your mouth hyung.’ Minwoo says. ‘I hate you guys.’ Kwangmin says. ‘I can’t oversleep. President Hyunyoung will murder me.’ He warns.

‘That’s why you should have some fun before you die.’ Jeongmin says. Kwangmin just sighs and allows his two friends to pull him out of his room.

___________________________________________________________________

Sorry for updating so late!

I kept on thinking: I should write now... I should write now... 

I had no inspiration and I didn't want to write a ty chapter. 

I'll try hard to write better and also quicker from now on *deep bow*

+ I saw Youngmin's wang (king) like pic and it made me think of him teasing Kwangmin like the older brother king so that's where some inspiration came from ^^  I thought it would be nice to put in some more of their affectionate teasing because you guys liked the one with the wraps and I liked writing it too! >.<