CHAPTER 2: MY NEW LIFE

Love
 CHAPTER 2 MY NEW LIFE
 
 
I’ve been here in Seoul for couple of times, for business trips and personal vacations. I’m still contemplating if I should pursue this job Nikki is telling me or just go back to Manila or somewhere else, is this really right or a wrong decision? I do not trust myself lately with this kind of decisions, I’ve just turn down a big promotion back in Manila, and I chuckle. Now I realized how stupid I am, if I just accepted the promotion I’m now the head of the Financing Department of the most successful company in the country.
 
 
 
“Can you give me a hand here? Your luggage is so heavy” Nikki is beside me dragging both our luggage, I get mine from her hand and we walk in silence. She insisted that I should stay with her in her place but I decline, I want my own place, I don’t want to share, I don’t want people around me all the time.
 
 
 
Before we go to her work place, we dump our luggage in her apartment and find a place of my own, and good thing we found what I want, of course it’s within Seoul. It’s a simple apartment, 2 bedrooms with baths, spacious walk in closet and a wide kitchen area. I really don’t care about the rest of the place, just those three I’m most concern of. The floor to ceiling window in my room is breathtaking, I have a full view of the famous Han River, I sigh once more and look at the sun who is about to set.
 
 
 
“Are we going to meet up with your boss?” I look at Nikki who is busy wondering around the apartment.
 
 
 
“Yup, why?” She simply looks at me and head towards the bathroom.
 
 
 
“I need to buy some stuff.” I said as I look again outside of the window.
 
 
 
“We can do that but I told you I will be more comfortable if you stay with me.” She blurted out.
 
 
 
“Can you please just drop the topic? I already sign the contract and pay my deposits.” I mutter and grab my bag.
 
 
 
“Fine!” She replied in a hush tone. “Let’s go to the office then to the mall.” She continues and went outside.
 
 
 
====================================================================================
 
 
 
T.O.P’S POV
 
 
 
The five of us completed our military duties with flying colors and the best idol group is back, strong as ever. Since our discharge, every single talk show, variety show and music programs wants us as guests. Right now we are in the waiting room of one of the radio station in the country, we’re here to rock the whole country down, giving them some insights about our much anticipated comeback, concert and probably another leg of world tour. It’s been two long years since our fans see the five on us in one stage to perform.
 
 
 
“Hyung, where have you been? The radio show is about to start.” The maknae of the group blurted out when our Manager entered the waiting room.
 
 
 
“Nikki came back from her vacation and I met the new assistant manager.” He said casually as he sits in the couch beside Youngbae.
 
 
 
“Our stylist Nikki noona?” Suengri blurted out while grinning from ear to ear. He and Nikki noona are close to the point that they look like siblings.
 
 
 
“The new assistant manager is her cousin.” Our manager continues and looks at the five of us.
 
 
 
“Nikki noona has a cousin?” Jiyong is shocked and I don’t know why.
 
 
 
“I thought that noona is from outer space? How come she has a cousin?” I join in the chaos that made everyone laugh, including the staffs.
 
 
 
“I just hope the new assistant manager is not like noona.” Daesung added and smiles.
 
 
 
“She’s not.” Manager Lee stated. 
 
 
 
“She?” Our manager got all Suengri’s attention in a blink of an eye.
 
 
 
“We just came out of the military and all of a sudden we’re having a female assistant manager?” Jiyong smiles, the five of us can’t believe it. Since we debuted we never had a female manager or assistant manager.
 
 
 
“She fits with the job description perfectly and Sajangnim trust Nikki so much.” 
 
 
 
“I need Bigbang inside the booth in 3 minutes.” One of the radio staff said and we all went to the booth and wait for the start of the radio show. We take our seats inside the booth and bow to Yoo In-na-sshi, this is her radio show and she is a part of YG Family. After playing our Haru-Haru song in the background, the radio show starts.
 
 
 
“I’m so happy that all the Bigbang members are here.” In-na noona said and everyone claps in the radio booth, including our managers.
 
 
 
“In-na noona, I miss you so much” Our maknae fired away with his flirting and the four of us just listen to him.
 
 
 
“Suengri-sshi stop flirting with me, I’m older than you.” She shot back and that everyone makes laugh.
 
 
 
“Noona, I just miss you. You never go to the camp to visit us.” Maknae fired back. “I’m just happy that you’re still with YG” 
 
 
 
“Why would I visit you?” Noona said and laughs. “Anyway, let’s starts the show. I have a couple of questions for the five of you, I hope you will answer them truthfully, Arasso?” 
 
 
 
“Okay first question.” She started. “Are you guys dating right now?”
 
 
 
“We’re all focus on the new album that we are doing right now, so the five of us have no time to date.” Jiyong answered. Well that’s true. The five of us are single.
 
 
 
 “Who broke up with their girlfriends before enlisting?” She eyed the five of us and waiting for some answers.
 
 
 
 “Like what Jiyong said we’re all single.” Youngbae answered but In-na noona raised her brows.
 
 
 
“I’m not buying your answer Youngbae-sshi.” She replied and smile at us. 
 
 
 
“Some of the members broke up with their girlfriends before enlisting.” Youngbae answered again and that made the people in the both scream.
 
 
 
“Can we know who are the members that broke up with their respective girlfriends?” She asks again but no one speaks. “No one wants to answer? Okay let’s do these, just raised the hands who broke up with their girlfriend.” She smiles and the five of us nods. “Sorry to all who are listening right now, I’m the only one who will know the answer” She continues and said. “Raised your hands at the count of three. Hana… Tul… Set.” Her eyes wide open when she saw Youngbae, Suengri and Daesung raised their hands.
 
 
 
“Omo, the members that I didn’t think have a girlfriend just raised their hands” She squeals. “So the other members are single for a long period of time?” I and Jiyong nod, answering her question in silent. “So what will the VIPs around the world expect from Bigbang’s comeback? I want to hear it from the eldest member of the group.”
 
 
 
“The songs will be more matured but the Bigbang style will still be there, the five of us really work hard for this comeback album and we will promise you that this will be the strongest and greatest Bigbang album” I said. It’s true a month before our discharge we started planning about this comeback, we started to write songs inside the camp when we have free time, when we have vacations we usually in YGE to have a meeting with Sajangnim and with the producers.
 
 
 
The radio show went well, the listeners increase more because of us. Nothings change maknae still talks about our personal lives, he can’t stop his mouth. Revelations after revelations which made us want to free fall, I think he can be a millionaire in a flash if he will sit down with the media in less than an hour. He loves to talk and we all love to listen to him but the problem is, he talks about us, our personal lives which is so unfair right?
 
 
 
“Sajangnim needs the five of you in YGE. I think the new assistant manager is still there.” Our manager simply said as we went back to the waiting room.
 
 
 
“Let’s go, I want to see Nikki noona.” Suengri said while bouncing up and down. “I want to see our new assistant manager.” He continues and didn’t bother to wait for us, he just went outside and goes straight in the car.
 
 
 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
 
   
“Sajangnim, why did you let Nikki noona and the new assistant manager leave?” Suengri whines while we are in Sajangnim’s office.
 
 
“Don’t worry, you will meet her soon. She will accompany you most of the time.” What hyung-nim said made Suengri smile from ear to ear.
 
 
“Really hyung-nim?” He beams and hyung-nim nods. “She will come with me in Japan?”
 
 
 
“Yes she will and she is way prettier than Nikki.” Hyung-nim said and that makes us become curious. “Am I right Manager Lee?”
 
 
 
“Yes Sajangnim.” He simply answered.
 
 
 
“When can we meet her?” Youngbae butted in, he is also too eager to meet this new assistant manager.
 
 
 
“Maybe tomorrow.” Hyung-nim simply said.
 
 
   
Okay this is it, every one of us is freaking excited with this new assistant manager. I myself is excited, knowing Nikki noona’s genes, I think that assistant manager is beautiful. Well according to hyung-nim she is prettier than noona. I can’t wait for tomorrow.
 
 
 
=====================================================================================
 
 
 
“This is where I work.” The cab pulls over. It was nice but it’s odd because the office is surrounded with apartment buildings and there are a lot of girls outside the building. “This is YGE, the most successful Agency here in South Korea.” She said with so much pride.
 
 
 
“Okay!” I simply said and she frowns.
 
 
 
“Don’t tell me that you don’t know anything about YGE or Korean wave or KPOP.” I just shrugged my shoulder because I really don’t care, I just want to get this over with and go home. “You’re hopeless my dear cousin.”
 
 
 
“Let’s just go in, can we?” I said in irritation. We pass through the two securities, she just bow and place her security card in the scanner then the door open.
 
 
 
“This is the entrance for the employees, artists, dancers and sometimes trainees.” She said and presses the button for the lift.
 
 
 
“Okay” I simply said again. “What is your actual work here?”
 
 
 
“I’m one of the stylists for Bigbang.” She presses the number 6. “They just got discharge from the military couple of months ago and now they’re preparing for their comeback.”
 
 
 
“Okay” And she knows that I’m not interested to what she says. We arrive in the 6th floor, we head straight in the meeting room, we walk through a hall and there are banners or posters, whatever you call them with the pictures of the singers, I think. The meeting room is so posh and so beautifully designed and there is a man sitting at the end of the long table.
 
 
 
“Oppa” My cousin bows at him and smile. “Oppa, meet my cousin, Gian.” He stands up and bows at me, I do the same and we shake hands. “Why are you alone?” Nikki asks again as she sits.
 
 
 
“They’re in a radio show, I just came here because sajangnim wants to talk to me.” Both of us settle in the seat, they just talk animatedly until a man wearing casual clothes enters the room. The three of us stands and bow.
 
 
 
“Nikki, good to see you again, how’s vacation?” He said and sits. 
 
 
 
“It was nice Sajangnim, by the way this is my cousin Gian. The one I’m talking about.”
 
 
 
“Gian, nice to meet you and welcome to YGE.” What he said shocked me in an instant, that’s it? I got the job? No interviews or whatsoever. “Manager Lee, meet Gian the new assistant manager of Bigbang.” He continues. “I know that you just arrive earlier, can you come by here tomorrow?” I nod. Well I can’t say no, right? “Manager Lee update her with Bigbang’s schedule tomorrow, you can leave now and follow the boys.” 
 
 
 
“Okay Sajangnim.” He simply said and stands up. “See you tomorrow Gian.” He bows and leave.
 
 
“I hope you enjoy your stay here in my company, don’t worry I know that the boys and you will get along. Just asks Nikki if you want to know something.” He stands up and we follow. “See you girls tomorrow.” He said and leaves. 
 
 
 
“Welcome to YGE.” Nikki smiles and I’m in complete shocked. “That was fast, don’t you think?” I nod. Its fine with me, I thought we will be here for another hour or two.  “Let’s hit the mall, Manager Lee will probably text you later what time you should be here tomorrow.”
 
 
 
The day drags by, we went to the mall and buy some staffs for my apartment. I don’t buy much because according to Nikki the groups schedule is jam packed, so most of the time they will be out for TV guesting here and outside the country, mostly in Japan. 
 
 
The night falls and again I’m all alone in my new apartment, I call my mom to say that I got the job Nikki offered me. I know she is still worried about me but I assure her that I will be fine, I arrange my clothes and clean the apartment, I need to constantly move, I don’t want to sit around because I will remember him for sure and I don’t want that to happen, I don’t want to cry and be sorry for it. I need to be strong and move on. I sigh for the last time, I just finish taking a shower, I’m tired and not too soon I drift. This is the first time I didn’t think of him before I sleep and that for me is a huge progress.
 
 
====================================================================================
 
 
 
The following morning, Nikki and Gian went to YGE, Nikki introduce her cousin to all the staff, especially the staffs that’s been working for Bigbang. Since Manager Lee is the main manager of the group, he discuss carefully to Gian Bigbang’s schedules and activities. As for the moment she is assigned to the youngest member of the group, Suengri.
 
 
 
“They will be here any minute.” Manager Lee said. “Maknae is excited to meet you.” He smiles and hand her the paper that consists of Suengri and Bigbang’s schedules.
 
 
 
“Really?” Gian simply said. “Manager Lee, so it means I’m going to Japan too?” She continue, she know it’s a dumb question but Gian want to make sure.
 
 
 
“Yes” He replied. “And please just call me oppa, calling me Manager Lee is too formal.” He smiles and she nod in response. “Later you can come with me and I will tour you to the boys’ dorm. Big Seung Hyun is living with his parents, so only the four boys stay there most of the time.” He said while both of them walk towards the YGE building, they just finish having coffee in the nearby coffee shop. “Don’t worry about them, they won’t bite. They like to goof around.” 
 
 
 
“Do I need to know something in particular? I know you will not be beside me all the time.” Gian asked again.
 
 
 
“Don’t worry about that, you will be accompanied by their respective managers. We just need an extra hand right now because the boys are all around the place and I in particular is going crazy.” He explained. “And by the way I can’t believe that you don’t know Bigbang.” He raised an eye brow and look at her expectantly.
 
 
 
“I don’t have time because of work” She simply response and he nods.
 
 
 
“Hyung!” A black van stop in front of them and a very handsome man shout. He walks towards the two with a smile that could reach the heavens. “Is she our new assistant manager?” He beams at Gian and she immediately like him.
 
 
 
“Yes” Manager Lee says. “Gian, this is Suengri. Maknae, this is Gian” He clasps Gian's hands and shakes it repeatedly. “She will accompany you for the whole week.”
 
 
 
“Really?” He smiles again but never let go of her hand. “You and hyung-nim are right, she is prettier than Nikki noona.”
 
 
 
“Thank you and you can let go of my hand now.” Gian  said and slightly pull her hand away from Suengri's grip.
 
 
 
"Sorry about that noona." He smiles and scratch his head.  "Welcome to YGE."  
 
 
 
"Thank you." She smiles.
 
 
"Let's go back to the office a lot of people are gathering around us." The Manager said and Gian is stunned when she saw a lot of girls taking pictures of Suengri.
 
 
"Let's go to YGE, I'll introduce you to a lot of people nonna."
 
 
"I already do that." Manager Byung yung said. "Bring her to the dorm and give her a tour."
 
 
"That's right, let's go noona." Suengri literally drag her inside the van and they went to the dorm with the managers.
 
 
=====================================================================================
 
 
 
We arrive at a high end apartment building, Suengri keeps on asking me questions throughout the whole ride. Asking typical and personal questions but I really don't mind, I just keep answering everything. I know if his not satisfied he will ask Nikki for more answers. Their dorm is spacious and the view is breathtaking not as breathtaking as the view in my apartment but its so beautiful.
 
 
"Tour her in the entire dorm, me and Jung guen-sshi will buy food for you guys." Byung yung oppa said, Jung guen oppa is Suengri's manager.
 
 
"I'll take care of noona, don't worry hyung." He said and drag me to the elevator and he press the 20th floor. "Noona, I can't believe that you will accompany me in Japan. I bet my hyung's will be jealous of me."
 
 
"Why?"
 
 
"Baecause i'm going to be with you for a whole week and not to mention that i'm the most popular member than them in Japan." He smiles at me.
 
 
"Okay! Sunegri-ah since i'm new in this work just tell me if i'm doing something wrong okay?"
 
 
"Don't worry noona, I got your back." He said and the lift pings indicating that we're in the 20th floor. "Come, I think my hyung's are still asleep. Our schedule yesterday ended so late."
 
 
He punch the door code and both of us entered the dorm. It's a five bedroom apartment, the unit occupies the whole floor, spacious living room and kitchen, with balcony and I don't know what else this apartment has. The  dorm is quiet so I bet the other members is still asleep, I just follow Suengri, giving me a tour around the dorm.
 
 
"And this is Seung hyun hyung's room but most of the time he sleeps in his villa with his parents." He look at me and smile again. "He's not here so we can come in." He opens the door and we both went inside. "It's full of toys, that's his collection. Let's go back to the living room i'll wake up my hyung's."
 
 
"No need, they're still sleeping." I stop him.
 
 
"What are you talking about? All of us are excited to meet you, this is the first time that we have a female assistant manager. Just sit over there." He hurriedly run towards one of the rooms, I think that's Youngbae's room, then he went inside Daesung's room and lastly he wakes Jiyong up.
 
 
"I'm still sleeping can't you see?" I heard Jiyong scream.
 
 
"Gian noona is here."
 
 
"Gian?"
 
 
"The new assistant manager." 
 
 
"Wait." I heard Jiyong grumble.
 
 
"They will go out any moment from now, just wait okay."
 
 
I bow to each one of them when they go out of their respective rooms, Suengri introduces me to them but I feel a little bit shy. I didn't even research last night about them but Suengri got me covered, when Youngbae ask me about their popularity in Manila Suengri suddenly said that he's the most popular among the five of them. The two managers arrive with breakfast and we all eat together.
 
 
"Where's your suitcase maknae?" Jung guen oppa said.
 
 
"In my room hyung."
 
 
"Let's go, we have to go back to YGE. We have to pick up Nikki and our suitcases."
 
 
"Noona nice to meet you." Jiyong smiles. "See you next week."
 
 
"Okay! Bye." I bow at them and followed the two managers outside the dorm.
 
 
"Hyung." Daesung shouts. "T.O.P hyung will be here in 10 minutes he said that you have to wait for him."
 
 
"I'll just call him, we can't wait for him or else we will miss our flight."
 
 
"Okay."
 
 
"Noona bye." Youngbae shouts. I wave back at him and bow at the three of them.
 
 
"Your not going to say bye to me hyung?" Suengri look at the three guys but Jiyong just close the door. "My hyungs love me so much." He clicks his tongue but his still smiling.
 
 
"Too bad big Seung hyun is not here to meet you." Byung yung oppa said and look at me.
 
 
"There will be some other time." I replied. Its my first day of work so I have time to meet all of them unless I go crazy and leave all of them in Japan. Actually i'm so tempted to just disappear when we step foot in Japan especially that I can keep my passport, should I runaway or should I continue to work in the field i'm not familiar with?