CHAPTER 6: DEPRESSING BIRTHDAY

Love
CHAPTER 6 DEPRESSING BIRTHDAY
 
 
 
First day of my birthday month, i'm starting to feel the familiar pain i'm carrying all this time. I remember more than 5 years ago i'm very happy, happy bubble surrounds me. Each passing day is heaven for me but now each passing day is hell, if I can only skip this whole month I would do that or if I can die for a month I won't hesitate to under go death just not to experience this pain, If I can hide from everyone just for a month I would so everything and anything just for me to experience a pain free life but I guess that won't happen. Why would I fell in love with him? Why him? Why not the other guys that like me? Is this some kind of a joke or something? Why me? There are a lot of people who is much stronger than me, who can take this kind of ordeal easily.
 
 
"Here." Nikki place a bowl of rice in front of me. I know she's worried about me but sometimes I want to be on my own, I just want to be alone. "Its our rest day, where do you want to go?"
 
 
"I just want to rest." I simply said, staring at the bowl of rice.
 
 
"Want to go in the mall? Spa?"
 
 
"Just go without me." I stand up. "Just leave everything on the table, i'll just clean it up later." I went to my room and lock myself.
 
 
"There's rice and side dishes on the table, please eat it later." She said. "I'll leave now."
 
 
 
I didn't answer her, I just lie in my bed. I wonder how he is right now, did his love for me disappear? Well what am I thinking? Yes! his love for me evaporates just like a snap of finger, he wouldn't ditch me on our wedding day if he loves me. I miss him terribly, I can't even be mad at him, I can't even let myself to be free from him. How can I move on if he is all I can think of, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and 365 days a year. All the memories are flashing right in front of me, the dating, our trips, misunderstandings and our plans. His love for me, our love for us, the past have a big hole in my heart. NO! In my life, after all this year I still don't know how to pick up the pieces, how to start my life and how to forget him.
 
 
I lie on my side and think again, why didn't I make a move before? I know where he lives and work but I didn't go there to confront him or just look at him from a far. Why didn't I ask his friends? I bet they know something but still I didn't do anything.I have many questions for him, I want to know the reasons to all the questions but i'm too afraid to hear what he has to say, i'm afraid to find out the truth, i'm afraid that I can't handle whatever that will come out from his mouth.
 
 
I stand up, pulling my luggage and grabbing a small black box. I sit again on my bed while opening it, tears stream down my cheeks, its my engagement ring. I sniff and sob uncontrollably, I slip it on my finger. Love, it still fits in my finger perfectly. Please tell me that you love me, what we have is real, what we have is magical but why did you do this to me? I cry, the pain is unbearable. I think I might die not because of illness but because of heartache caused by the one I love.
 
 
 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
 
 
"It feels like you have a rough night Gian." Byung Yung oppa said. Were in the elevator with the five boys, we just fetch them in their dorm, they have a meeting in YGE today.
 
 
"I went out last night." I lied. I fell asleep after crying the whole day, I almost forgot to remove the engagement ring on my finger this morning.
 
 
"It shows." He laughs.
 
 
"Where did you go noona? Bar?" Suengri ask, the elevator door opens on the 17th floor. I just nod at Suengri and look at my phone just to kill my boredom.
 
 
"It's you." A guy's voice said while a hand covered the top of my phone. When I look up I saw Marcus. He's wearing a black suit, looking all neat and clean not to mention he smell so damn nice. "Hi!." He smiles.
 
 
"Hi!" I feel uneasy again.
 
 
"Did you live here in this apartment building?"
 
 
"No."
 
 
"Then what are you doing here?" He stand beside me. I want to answer his question but I can't open my mouth. It feels like everyone's attention is on us. He grab something from his back pocket, his wallet then get something from it, he look at me again and smile while grabbing something again this time in his coat pocket. Its a pen and starts to write.
 
 
"Here." He hands me a card. "That's my number, let's eat out sometimes."
 
 
"Gian, I forgot to give you this." Oppa turn to me. "It's Tabi's schedule."
 
 
"Gian!" Marcus chuckles. "So your name is Gian? Finally!" He exclaims. I look at Manager Lee, I want to strangle him. The elevator door opens and we're in the basement parking.
 
 
"I have to go." I said following the boys and Manager Lee.
 
 
"Give me your number." He stops me.
 
 
"I won't."
 
 
"I give you mine so its appropriate that you give your number." He smiles. I grab the pen on his coat pocket then his hand and write my number on it. "Thank you."
 
 
"Bye!" I wave at him and went to the company van. I stop when I saw Jiyong and Youngbae staring at me, I didn't mind them. I just open the door in the front and hop on.
 
 
"That's the guy in the bar right?" Oppa said while driving. "He's the guy right?" He repeats.
 
 
"Yes" I nod.
 
 
"Hyung, drop me off to Scarlet's apartment." Seung Hyun said.
 
 
"Hyung, we have a meeting." Youngbae said.
 
 
"Were just going to eat breakfast." Seung Hyun said. "It won't take long."
 
 
"Okay." Oppa said. He just keeps driving until we reach in another high end apartment, oppa park the van beside a heavily tinted red car. Seung Hyun went out of the van when a very beautiful girl also went out of the red car. They smile at each other then kiss.
 
 
"Hyung, let's go." Jiyong blurted out tapping oppa's shoulder.
 
 
"Yah Seung Hyun you want someone to see the both of you?" Oppa shouts, annoyed even.
 
 
"Fine." He turn to us and smile. He open the driver's side of the car for the girl then he walks around to the other side and hop in.
 
 
The ride all the way to YGE is silent again and i'm hating every single bit of it. My phone beeps for sure it's Nikki, checking on me again. Its unregistered number, I look for the card in my bag and my guess is right, it's Marcus. I sigh, i'm thankful that Kangin is still in Japan, I still have time to think on how to say to him that i'm still not ready to go on a date but Marcus came and he even know my name now, I just stare at the window glancing at my phone when it beeps. Marcus is nice but we certainly meet at the wrong place and time, how I wish I meet him in a different circumstances, maybe we can be good friends. We can still be friends but we start at the wrong foot. Wait! maybe we can start again as friends, let's just erase the thing in the club.
 
 
I didn't realize that we arrive in YGE, the boys are quiet even oppa is not talking. They all went first in the recording studio to say hi to Teddy oppa, he's nice actually, all of them are nice and friendly. Nikki is nowhere to be found, maybe she's doing something outside the office, I just settle in the cafeteria still exchanging text messages with Marcus.
 
 
"Gian, here's Suengri's schedule." Oppa hand me a paper. "I'll just go to fetch Seung Hyun."
 
 
"Okay!" I said glancing at the paper.
 
 
"Byung Yung-sshi." Boram oppa shouts. "Let Gian fetch Seung Hyun." He said. "Sajangnim wants to talk to us."
 
 
"Okay!" Oppa said. "I'll call Seung Hyun i'll tell him that you're the one who is going to pick him up." He look at me. "You know where Scarlet lives right? You remember the way?" I just nod in response.
 
 
 
===================================================================================================================
 
 
T.O.P'S POV
 
 
 
"Just tell her to wait for me at the basement parking."
 
 
 
I press the end button and place my phone on the bedside table, we both just decide to stay in her apartment rather than go out and eat. We just cuddle and end up in bed.
 
 
"Who's that?" My girlfriend ask.
 
 
"My manager, he told me that the assistant manager will fetch me instead."
 
 
"The one your with earlier?" She ask again, hugging me.
 
 
"Yup" I replied. "We will be busy for the next couple of months so I won't be able to see you."
 
 
"Its okay, i'm used to it." She smiles and look at me.
 
 
"What time will she pick you up?"
 
 
"30-35 minutes, I guess."
 
 
"Do you know her?"
 
 
"Of course." I chuckle. "She's our Assistant Manager."
 
 
"What I mean is do you know her personally? Are you two talking?"
 
 
"I really don't know anything about her except that she's Nikki nonna's cousin."
 
 
"She's pretty, you might  fall in love with her." She pouts.
 
 
"What?" I laugh, clutching my stomach. "Are you kidding me?"
 
 
"Woman's instinct." She pouts more.
 
 
"Don't think something like that, it won't happen." 
 
 
"Are you sure?"
 
 
"Yes."
 
 
"What if you fall in love with  her?" She said in a serious tone. I stop, fall in love with her? Is that possible? We didn't even have a chance to talk and now someone ask me about falling in love.
 
 
"Stop talking." I kiss her and crawl on top of her. My mind is clouded with questions, i'm having but thinking about someone else. Like what I said before she's pretty, everyone in YGE talks about her, praising her simple looks. Even the managers, staffs and dancers are talking about her.
 
 
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
 
 
"Bye." I kiss her one more time, i'm sitting comfortably in front of the car. 
 
 
"Call me later." Scarlet smiles while peeking her head on the rolled down window.
 
 
"I will."
 
 
"Hi Gian." She greets her and wave. "Drive carefully okay."
 
 
"Don't worry." She smiles back.
 
 
"We have to go." I said. "Go back to your apartment."
 
 
"I love you." She said wholeheartedly.
 
 
"I love you too." I said back.
 
 
 
We go to YGE in silence, my mind is still reeling about what Scarlet told me earlier, me falling in love with Gian? I discreetly glance at her, she's wearing simple shirt, shorts, and high cut chucks with no make up at all. When you compare her to other girls with make up, wearing short dress and heels, I will still choose her, that is how beautiful she is, we both jerk when we heard her phone rings, she's trying to reach her bag from the backseat of the car.
 
 
 
"Let me get that for you." I said while reaching her bag. I look for her phone and found out that Byung Yung hyung is the one who is calling her.
 
 
"Hyung." I answer.
 
 
"Why are you answering Gian's phone?"
 
 
"Because she's driving.I state the obvious.
 
 
"Can the two of you buy coffee?"
 
 
"Fine hyung." I replied.
 
 
"10 Americano."
 
 
"Okay! Is that all?"
 
 
"And donuts."
 
 
"Okay."
 
 
"Bye."
 
 
"We need to buy coffee for them." I said while placing back the phone in her bag.
 
 
"Okay!" She simply said and with that its dead silent again inside the car. Both of us are awkward with each other but what bothers me a lot is the conversation earlier, I wonder what Scarlet is thinking when she ask those questions to me. "I'll just buy coffee." I suddenly heard her say.
 
 
"Okay!" I look at her. "10 Americano and donuts." She just nod and leave me inside the car. My eyes follow her as she enters the coffee shop. I don't know what i'm thinking, I turn off the engine of the car and follow her. "Buy me Iced coffee." I said and stand beside her.
 
 
"And one Iced coffee please." She said to the cashier and hand the company's credit card.
 
 
"What are the two of you doing here?" We both turn around, it's Nikki noona.
 
 
"Were going to YGE." I replied. "You?"
 
 
"I'm doing some errands." She smiles. "Where are the others."
 
 
"YGE." I said again.
 
 
"You went to Scarlet's place?" She smiles.
 
 
"Yes."
 
 
"Why don't you marry her?" What she said made me hard to breathe. "Wait for me i'll come with you guys. I'll just grab my bag."
 
 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
 
 
 
"What do you want to do on your birthday Gian?" Noona said from the back of the car.
 
 
"Nothing."
 
 
"Nothing? For a change let's have a party with all the stuff." She excitedly said. "Right Tabi?" I just nod in response.
 
 
"I don't like to do anything on that day."
 
 
"Seriously?" Noona sighs. "Tabi, please help me here."
 
 
"Just drop the topic."
 
 
"Can you please move on." Nikki noona half shouts. "If I know that er is somewhere in this planet, happy with his life. Probably he has a girlfriend or he has his own family." She suddenly stops and shocked because of what she said. "Sorry." She quietly say. I look at her and noona's face is laced with sadness. My mind went blank for a few minutes, glancing again discreetly at her. If I can do anything to ease here pain or have a piece of her mind I would to it. I will find a way to make that pain stop. "Your phone is ringing." Noona said. "Marcus?"
 
 
"Don't answer it, i'll just call him later."
 
 
"Okay." We arrive in YGE, the three of us went straight to the meeting room and after that I didn't see her again.
 
 
 
========================================================================================================
 
 
 
After the dreadful meeting Gian decided to leave YGE since she's not needed anymore, she went straight in a coffee shop and just stay there for the whole afternoon. This is what she need right now, all alone by herself. Her thoughts are filling up her mind again, about this and that. She hates it but she hates it more when people surrounds her. When people tell her what to do or what should she do, like what Nikki do earlier in the car, how she wish that her birthday won't come or just be an ordinary day but she can't fool herself. It will come whether she likes it or not and pain will envelop her once again. She sips her Iced coffee and just stare at the window.
 
 
"Hi Gian." She heard a familiar voice. She turn around, it's Scarlet.
 
 
"Hi." She smile back.
 
 
"What are you doing here?" She said. "Can I join you?"
 
 
"Sure."
 
 
"I thought you guys have a meeting?"
 
 
"Yes and its already done, they don't need me there so I decided to just go here."
 
 
"I wish that Seung Hyun can finish early, its going to be hectic starting next month." Scarlet look at Gian. "For sure I won't see him for a long time."
 
 
"I know, just by looking at their schedule i'm staring to be restless."
 
 
"Are you going to be with him while she shoots his film?"
 
 
"I still don't know."
 
 
"How old are you?"
 
 
"I'm older than Seung Hyun."
 
 
"Can I call you unnie?" Scarlet smiles. "Please."
 
 
"Of course." She replied with a smile on her face. Scarlet's phone started to ring, its her turn to smile widely.
 
 
"Hi.... Really? I'll go home now.... You know I can't cook, i'll just buy dinner for us. What do you want?... Okay... I'm with Gian unnie... Yes, i'm not messing with you, I saw unnie in the coffee shop so I approach her... Yes! Bye. See you later... I love you too..."
 
 
"It's Seung Hyun, they're rehearsals are done so he's going to my apartment." Scarlet is a happy goofball right now and its very evident, with her body language and smile.
 
 
"Go ahead."
 
 
"How about you unnie?"
 
 
"I'm waiting for a friend."
 
 
"Okay, I have to go now." Scarlet gather her things. "Unnie, please take care of my boyfriend. You two will be together most of the time."
 
 
"Everyone is taking care of them so you don't have to worry about it." Gian smiles to assure Scarlet.
 
 
"Okay! I trust you unnie." She stands up and bow slightly at her. "Bye."
 
 
 
Gian just stay there for another hour, mind is somewhere else again. She's in a total mess right now, how she wish that she can go home to her parents and just hug them tight. Both of them have some kind of healing powers, just by being with them she become calm. She decides to call Marcus and ask him for a couple of drinks in the bar, she chuckles. Gian, just make sure that nothing would happen between the both of you. 
 
 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
 
"Why the hell did you ask me to go here?" Marcus said as he slumped his body on the couch. He just arrive at the bar where Gian is.
 
 
"Let's drink, my treat." She said, pouring brandy on her glass.
 
 
"Fine, I don't have any choice right?"
 
 
"No you don't." Gian smiles. "Let's just drink okay?"
 
 
"What's the occasion, why did you drag me here?"
 
 
"Nothing." She shakes her head. "I just wanna drink, get drunk and pass out."
 
 
"So why am I here?"
 
 
"You're going to take care of me." She smiles.
 
 
"Why me?" Marcus points at his self.
 
 
"Because I don't have anyone else but you." She sadly say, smiling bitterly at her new found friend. "So whether you like it or not, you will take care of me when I pass out."
 
 
"Arasso." Marcus scoffs and pour him self a brandy on his glass.
 
 
"I'll just go to the restroom." Gian said and leave.
 
 
 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
 
 
Her shirt is covered is full of vomit. Marcus talks to himself. He decides to bring Gian in his apartment since he didn't know where she lives. Should I give her a bath? He said again. He walks to his closet and grab a shirt. This will do. He look at the shirt then at Gian trying to figure out how will he clean her up. He get a basin and a small towel in the bathroom then carefully undress the girl. I saw your whole body so this is not a big deal for me. With that he remove all her clothes then wipe her face and arms with the towel and then put his shirt on her.
 
 
 
Why do I need to wash her clothes? Instead of taking a rest, here I am doing the laundry. He whines. She can used my clothes tomorrow when she go home, i'm too tired to do the laundry right now. He dumps Gian's clothes in the hamper and went straight to his bathroom to take a shower after that he grab the spare pillow and blanket and lie on the couch. Its not appropriate to sleep beside her. He chuckles. What the hell am I thinking? We already had and now its not appropriate to sleep beside her? That's bull crap Marcus. He wanted to go back in the bedroom but he's too tired to move a muscle and soon enough he fell asleep.
 
 
 
The next morning Marcus prepare a breakfast for him and Gian, he keeps on waking up last night because of her, checking on her once in a while but she is just completely knock out. Her clothes are still in the hamper so he decides to check if she can wear anything from his clothes. Maybe one of my boxers and a shirt, that won't be bad but how about under garment? Marcus scratched his head and think again, should I buy her undies and clothes? I'll just think about that when she's awake, we can solve that in an instant. 
 
 
 
"Hi." It's Gian.
 
 
"I take off your clothes because its full of vomit." He explains. "And I bring you here since I don't know where you live."
 
 
"That's fine, you don't have to explain anything." Gian sits on the bar stool waiting to be fed. "I'm hungry."
 
 
"I know." He place a bowl of rice, kimchi and soup on the table and the two of them started to eat. "I'll just take a shower then I will drop you off to your apartment."
 
 
"Okay!" Gian said. "I'll do the dishes." Marcus just nod and went to his bedroom and get ready for work. Gian also took a shower, wearing one of Marcus' shirt and boxers. He chuckles when he saw Gian, everything she's wearing right now are three to four times larger than her body.
 
 
"Ready?" He ask. "Let's go."
 
 
"Wait, where's my clothes?"
 
 
"I'll just return it to you when its all dry up." Marcus explains dragging Gian out of his apartment. "Hurry up, i'll be late for my meeting."
 
 
"Fine, don't drag me my head is still spinning." While there waiting for the elevator Gian keeps massaging her temples, it feels like someone is pounding her head with a hammer. Good thing she has the whole day to sleep since the guys will be on YG at night
 
 
"Who's Love?" Marcus said. "Last night you keep repeating 'Love please don't leave me.'"
 
 
"I don't know." She lied. "I might be dreaming last night."
 
 
"Liar." He  chuckles. The elevator behind them suddenly pings but both of them didn't turn they just keep on talking about Gian's dream.
 
 
"Gian!" Someone calls her. When they turn around Gian found Nikki in the elevator with Manager Lee, Manager Kim with T.O.P and Jiyong. "What are you doing here?" Her cousin hiss.
 
 
"I'm about to go home." She replied. Nikki just look at her from head to toe with a smirk and disbelief on her face.
 
 
"Okay!" Nikki replies. "See you later at work." 
 
 
"Gian, let's go the elevator is here." Marcus grab her hand and walk inside the lift. When the elevator door closes Gian sits on the elevator floor and sigh. "My head is spinning." She said and look at Marcus.
 
 
 
 
 
==================================================================================================================
 
 
 
 
I just sleep for the whole day, when I arrive at my apartment I didn't even bother to change my clothes, I just flop myself on the bed and drift to dreamland. This is the first time I get drunk like this, usually the alcohol is no match in my body but last night is a different story, right now even my eyes are close it feels like the whole world is spinning like never before. I sigh and drag myself to the bathroom, I need to be in YGE at 8PM and its already 7 in the evening.
 
 
 
"I saw you last night in Itaewon with a guy in a bar." Sung-min oppa said. He is one of the dancers in the company.
 
 
"Really? So you see me pass out?" I chuckle.
 
 
"Yup!" He smiles. 
 
 
"Why didn't you come to me so that we can drink together oppa."
 
 
"I would ruin your date." He teases me.
 
 
"Date?" I laugh. "That's not a date."
 
 
"If that's what you say." He nudge my shoulder. "Too bad there's a memo."
 
 
"What memo?"
 
 
"Here." He hands me a paper. "It says that all the staff, Managers and Bigbang members are not allowed to go out in a bar starting tonight." He chuckles and shake his head. "So no more dates and drinking for you."
 
 
"Have you read the whole memo?" I smirk. "Even the dancers are not allowed to have a night life, so you're included oppa." I tap his shoulder smiling widely at him and find Manager Lee.