CHAPTER 14: THE KISS

Love
CHAPTER 14 THE KISS
 
 
Italy...
 
 
Italy...
 
 
Italy...
 
 
 
That's the one and only word registered in my mind right now, the location of Seung Hyun's movie shoot is in Italy. Am I lucky or not? I scoff. I snort. I scowl. I even curse in every language I know. After being dumped, now i'm going to the place where my memories of him are all over the place. My legs suddenly feels like jell-o, my palms are sweating and my heart is about to leap out of my chest. I don't understand what Manager Lee and Mr. Yang are talking about, my mind is somewhere else.
 
 
 
"So all of you will leave 2 days from now." Mr. Yang's voice pull me back to reality. Me, Manager Lee and Eun-Ji unnie will accompany Seung Hyun.
 
 
"Then we will stay there for a week." Oppa said. I promise myself that I won't go to Italy anymore.
 
 
"Are you listening Gian?" Nikki look at me with a worried look on her face.
 
 
"Yes. We will leave in 2 days." Can I leave ahead of time? Leave as in resigning here in YGE. "And we will stay there for 1 week." I continue. After the meeting I went home straight, I want to runaway for a week, how I wish my fever will comeback so I will stay here in Seoul instead of torturing myself in Italy. I consume two bottles of red wine, thinking a plan to ditch the Italy trip but I failed. I just become dizzy.
 
 
 
I drag my luggage out of the walk in closet and dumped it on my bedroom floor, I start to stuffed it with clothes because I don't have any choice. I think its much more better if I will face my fear. Fear of remembering every damn good thing that happen between me and him, I sniff as my eyes saw the ring box. Should I bring the ring with me or just leave it here?
 
 
 
Today is our departure bound to Italy, I puff my cigarette while waiting for oppa and Seung Hyun, I decided to just wait for them in the car because i'm not in the mood to wake up someone else plus the fact that i'm too shy to face Seung Hyun's mom and dad. I puff another lungful of my stick when someone bump my shoulder and unfortunately I drop the stick.
 
 
 
"Ouch!" I whine. "My shoulder." I click my tongue and hold my shoulder and i'm sure its dislocated.
 
 
"Sorry." Seung Hyun say then pick the cigarette bud and flick it in the trash can.
 
 
"You owe me a pack of cigarette." I say madly. "Ouch." I said again still holding my shoulder.
 
 
"In your ing dreams." He look at me with burning eyes that can kill. I scoff as he walk towards the car, I grab another packet of cigarette in my bag and I lit another stick.
 
 
"!" I squeal, someone grab my hand and yank the stick in my hand. "What's your problem?" He stab the cigarette in the trash can.
 
 
"Where's the whole packet?" He snarls.
 
 
"What?"
 
 
"Where's the packet of cigarette Gian?" He half shouts. He yank my bag and get what he's looking for. He open the water bottle he's holding and pour the contents in the cigarettes. I scream in annoyance but he didn't even flinch then he throw the packet together with the empty bottle of water in the trash can.
 
 
"Yah!' I said quietly, the packet is half full. I glare at him and scoff. Good thing I have another pack of cigarette in my bag and the best part is he didn't see it. "Get lost."
 
 
"You're so dead when I see you again with a cigarette in between your fingers or mouth." He say to me then drag me towards the car, Every time I try to yank my hand from his, the grip gets even more tighter. 
 
 
"It hurts." I complain.
 
 
"Get in." He said. "I said get in the car." He push me in the front seat then ducked down to snap on the seat belt, his scent is to die for. The combination of cigarette and perfume lingers in my nose, my mind went blank and the next thing I know i'm in the VIP lounge, waiting to board the plane.
 
 
 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
 
 
"What?" I snap. It's Tori.
 
 
"Where are you?"
 
 
"Airport. Why?"
 
 
"I... just miss my friend." She scowls on the other line. "What are you doing in the airport? Going somewhere?"
 
 
"I'm going to Italy."
 
 
"What? Italy?" I heard another, voice. It belongs to Sasha. "Are you trying to kill yourself?" She shouts.
 
 
"Its for work." I said.
 
 
"Work for what? Don't tell me YG is expanding the business and he wake up one morning then decided to build an office in Italy."
 
 
"It's for Seung Hyun's movie." I stand up and quietly walk away from everyone.
 
 
"Ohhhhhhhh" The two of them say.
 
 
"Yes. Ohhhhhh." I mimic them.
 
 
"You want us to follow in Italy?" Tori ask.
 
 
"We will join you reminiscing every ing thing about that er." Sasha butted in with full of hatred in her voice.
 
 
"I'm fine." 
 
 
"You're always fine." Tori replied. "But you aren't."
 
 
"I said i'm fine." I sighed. "I have to go, were going to board now."
 
 
"Call us when you arrive in Italy."
 
 
"Okay! Bye."
 
 
"Bye."
 
 
 
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
 
 
I rooted on my spot when me and Eun Ji unnie arrive at Sueng Hyun's suite, its a shocked for me when I found out that this is the hotel where were staying. Never in my wildest dream that I will step in this hotel and suite ever again, the room is still the same, some of the furniture are new but the rest still remains. This suite is the only witness when he proposed to me, where I say yes to his question, I mindlessly walk around the room. It feels like i'm just here yesterday.
 
 
 
 I can still picture it with rose petals scattered on the floor, the smell of scented candles all around the suite. I slowly walk in the bedroom, I still picture in my mind what I saw that night, Love's standing in front of the floor to ceiling window his back facing me. He's wearing a crisps black suit, I hurriedly walk in the bed checking one of the bedpost. Its still there the small heart with his and my initial, he engrave it, the night he proposed to me after the love making we did. I run my fingers slowly on top of the heart while smiling but with a bleeding heart.
 
 
 
"You like to hear a romantic story about that heart on the bedpost." I turn around and found a girl in uniform smiling at me.
 
 
"Story?" I ask.
 
 
"What story? Let me hear it." Eun-Ji unnie enters the bedroom.
 
 
"The old Manager told me  that the initials belong to a newly engaged couple." She starts. "He said that the guy ask for his help, for his soon to be fiancee." She smiles at us. "Then the day they were about to check out the guy confess about the engrave heart. He knows the Manager will be mad at him and the fact that the bedpost is literally belongs to the hotel." She giggles. "He ask the Manager not to remove the bedpost, he wants everyone to know about their love for each other."
 
 
"How sweet." Eun Ji smiles.
 
 
"The Manager said that the man promise him that they will go back here for their honeymoon." She said. "That's why this suite is named as the lover's nest suite."
 
 
"Did they comeback?" Eun Ji excitedly asks.
 
 
"No!" The girl smile sadly. "Until now they didn't comeback."
 
 
"So sad."
 
 
"I know but the Manager said that they will comeback no matter what, he said that the honeymoon will surely happen." She explains. "He said that the couple is head over heels in love with each other."
 
 
"Where's that Manager?" I want to know how Mr. Santiago is doing now a days.
 
 
"He's now the Vice President of the hotel." She smiles again. "He's in the meeting right now." I want to say that i'm back but not married nor engaged, i'm all by myself. I look again at the heart shape with our initials, I roam around again  checking the bathroom, the walk in closet and even staring at the windows.
 
 
"If you need anything just look for me at the reception desk." I heard her say. "I'm Heidi." She said again and leave.
 
 
"Unnie, do you need my help? Can I go to my room now?"
 
 
"I'm fine, go and rest now." She dismisses me. "I'm just waiting for Byung yung and Seung Hyun."
 
 
"Okay!" I smile. "Bye unnie."
 
 
 
I walk out of the suite with a heavy heart. Honeymoon? Bull! He didn't even show up on our wedding day and now I found out about this. I ruffled my hair and sigh, I just want to be on my own right now. I open the door and saw Byung Yung oppa followed by Seung Hyun, I just bow at them and continue to walk. When I walk passed by Seung Hyun I feel his hand hold mine but I just shrugged it off. I'm not in the mood for anything right now.
 
 
 
==================================================================================================================
 
 
 
T.O.P'S POV
 
 
 
The way she yanked my hand away from her somehow leave a sad part in my heart, I just wanted to comfort her, to say sorry in silence what happen in the villa. I shouldn't do that. Who am I to say to her what she need to do or not? I don't have the right to dictate her what she will do and I want to talk to her about Scarlet's attitude towards her and Marcus last time they saw each other.
 
 
 
The suite is nice, it feels like home for me I roam around when noona and hyung went to their respective rooms. The living room, bedroom is spacious and i'm liking it a lot. I sit on the edge of the bed staring at the window with a perfect sunset in front of me, I trace my finger in the engrave heart shape on the bedpost I spotted earlier, I look at the other 3 bedposts but I didn't find any engrave shapes or initial. I stare at it for a couple of minutes before bringing back my attention to the sunset, I bet whoever engrave that heart are both in love with each other.
 
 
 
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
 
 
"Are you sure you don't want to join us for dinner?" I hear Eun Ji noona ask Gian. I'm leaning on the wall while noona talks to her.
 
 
"Unnie i'm not hungry." She said. "Just eat without me."
 
 
"Seung Hyun decided for us to eat out."
 
 
"I'll skip this one unnie." I heard her say.
 
 
"Are you sure?" Noona ask again but I didn't hear her response. "Are you drinking red wine?"
 
 
"Yes. I bought a couple of bottles earlier."
 
 
"Seung Hyun, if you want we can just call room service and eat here in Gian's room." Noona ask me.
 
 
"Okay." I replied and walk straight inside her room. This is more in favor for me, I sit on her bed and grab the wine glass that's placed on the bedside table then drink what's left on it.
 
 
"What do you want?" Noona ask me as she hands me the hotel menu. I scan the menu and told her what I want then Gian call the reception desk and place our orders.
 
 
 
 
I knock once again in her room, inhaling and exhaling multiple times. Its going to be awkward if just the two of us. Well that's what i'm aiming for, for us to be alone just a little bit like when she's sick. That moment I wanted the time to stop, I just wanted for me and her to talk, quality time that's all.
 
 
 
"What?" She snap when she opened the door, I stop and stare she's wearing super short shorts and a loose shirt in a cold night here in Italy.
 
 
"I left my phone." I simply said. She open the door widely, a silent invitation for me to enter and look for my phone. She went to the bathroom while I grab my phone on the bedside table then go back to the door, I lean on the wall and waited for her to finish.
 
 
"Did you find it?" She ask me while wiping her face with a towel.
 
 
"Yes." I lift my hand with my phone in it. "I just wanted to apologized about Scarlet's attitude last time." 
 
 
"Its fine." She said with a small smile.
 
 
"And I wanted to talk about the last time..."
 
 
"Seung Hyun, did you find it?" What I was trying to say cuts off because of Byung Yung hyung.
 
 
"Yes." I show him my phone that i'm holding.
 
 
"Let's go its late, you have a shooting tomorrow." Hyung said. "See you tomorrow Gian, good night."
 
 
"Good night." She replied.
 
 
 
Both me and hyung went back to my suite. I toss and turn in the bed, I missed the chance to talk to her. I missed another chance. I sigh. I bolt up right from the bed, I drag a chair and place it in front of the window, looking at the buildings and establishments around the hotel. I can't sleep, my mind is filled with thoughts about her. This is the first time I saw her that relaxed, that happy and not to mention the smile that plastered in her luscious lips. I grab my phone and scroll on the pictures, I stare at the stolen shot I took earlier of her. I smile and sigh again after I turn her picture as my wallpaper.
 
 
 
===============================================================================================================
 
 
 
I walk slowly savoring the cold breeze and the scenery here in Italy, I decided to walk for a while since Seung Hyun is so engrossed with the filming of his movie. I want to meet someone, and I hope he's still here.
 
 
 
"Gian!" He shouts from the other side of the street. It's Lucas, he become my and Love's friend. He's half Filipino, half Italian, he also runs his own cafe. I wave at him and then cross the street.
 
 
"Hi." I smile at him, really happy to see him again after a long time.
 
 
"I knew it." He exclaimed. "That bastard is playing tricks on me." He smiles and hug me. "How are you and where is that husband of yours?"
 
 
"I'm good." I smile. "But I don't have a husband."
 
 
"Stop joking around." He chuckles. "Where's your Love? He told me that the wedding got cancelled but here you are."
 
 
"How did you find out?" I'm confused.
 
 
"He's here last night, we even had a couple of drinks in the club." He chuckles. I froze and smile weakly at Lucas.
 
 
"The wedding didn't happen." I said. "He never showed up."
 
 
"Don't you ing lie to me." He snarls. I lift my left hand to show him i'm not wearing any ring. "Get the out of here."
 
 
"He's here? Last night? Promise?"
 
 
"Yes. But he said that he will leave today." He look at me with a confused look. "I'm freaking out right now. Let's go inside, want some iced coffee?" He smiled at me and I nod.
 
 
 
Both of us enter the cafe, the aroma welcomes me and all the memories played in front of me, I inhale the sweet and strong smell of coffee. I sit on a bar stool and waited for Lucas to serve me my iced coffee. The cafe didn't change a thing, I can still recognize some of the employees, I roam my eyes around, I miss this place.
 
 
 
"Here you go." He said. 
 
 
"Thank you. The place is still the same."
 
 
"Yes! Thank God its still standing." He smiles.
 
 
"Lucas." I said. "Did he tell you something about the wedding?"
 
 
"I ask him but he just smile at me, you know his signature smile." He stops and drink his own coffee. "I really thought that he's bluffing but here you are right now, flashing your ring-less fingers."
 
 
"I see." I sip my own coffee and there's a silence between us.
 
 
"Seriously he didn't show up?" I shake my head in response and stare at him. "Really?"
 
 
"Let's not talk about him, shall we?" I sigh. "How's your Mom and Dad?"
 
 
"Good." He smiles again. "They're living in Manila now."
 
 
"Really? I was there a few weeks ago."
 
 
"Where are you working now?"
 
 
"In an entertainment company."
 
 
"I'm really happy to see the both of you again." He smiles again. He's like Daesung, his eyes disappear every time he smiles. "By the way meet my wife." He grab a girl by the waist and slowly drag it towards us. 'Gian, this is my wife, Isabella. and our 2 year old daughter, Katrina."
 
 
 
"Hi." I smile at Isabella. "Hi little one." I look at Katrina, she smiles at me then lean her head on Isabella's shoulder. "You want to come with me?" I held my arms to Katrina and she come with me.
 
 
"She like you." Isabella smiles.
 
 
"You're so pretty." I look at Katrina, she giggles and play with the bracelet i'm wearing but what I say made Lucas and Isabella giggles. I wonder why? "What?"
 
 
"That's the same reaction I saw with Lucas' friend when he saw Katrina."
 
 
"They're a couple." Lucas butted in.
 
 
"Was." I look at them. "Was a couple."
 
 
"You know what, you're his girl version." Isabella blurted out. "The mannerism, the way you both smile and move. Very the same." I just smile and focus my attention to Katrina. What reaction is appropriate to show them? I play with Katrina for a couple of minutes then leave before I forgot that i'm here for work.
 
 
"Where have you been?" I bumped into Oppa, good thing my iced coffee didn't slipped on my hands.
 
 
"I buy iced coffee."
 
 
"Iced coffee? in this cold weather?" He ask and I nod. "Let's go back where you bought that, Seung Hyun wants coffee." He said. "He doesn't want the coffee they serve on the set."
 
 
"Okay." We went back to Lucas' cafe and buy three more coffee.
 
 
 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
 
 
After a week, the four of us are back in Seoul. Traveling really drains my energy but who am I to complain? Its work and i'm getting paid for it. I stretch my hands as we wait for the elevator, instead of going straight to his villa Seung Hyun decides to stay at the dorm for a couple of days.
 
 
 
"Gian!" I heard a familiar voice, it's Jin-hee. I smile and wave at her then she bow at Seung Hyun and oppa.
 
 
"Are you going to Marcus' unit?" I ask her.
 
 
"Can I talk to you about him?" She ask with a sad look in her eyes.
 
 
"Sure."
 
 
"Talk to Marcus." She starts. "He's been avoiding me after my birthday."
 
 
"Why?"
 
 
"I don't know." She shakes her head. "He never answered my calls, never replied to my messages and he even didn't open his door every time I go to his unit."
 
 
"Don't worry i'll talk to him."
 
 
"Tell him if he doesn't want me anymore just tell me, I don't like being treated this way. I don't deserve this." She wipe the tears in her cheeks. "I don't like people important to me just vanish in thin air without saying anything." She sniffs. "Just tell him to text me, one text that's all I need. If he wants to end this relationship i'll respect his decision."
 
 
"I'll just talk to him but I won't promise anything." I wipe the tears that stream down on her cheeks. "Don't cry."
 
 
"Sorry." She look at me then the two guys who just stare at us.
 
 
"Here." Seung Hyun offers his handkerchief to Jin-hee.
 
 
"No thanks."
 
 
"Take it." He insist. Jin-hee finally takes it and pat it to her cheeks.
 
 
"Thank you." She said. Seung Hyun just smile and went inside the lift. "Let's go out later, girl bonding."
 
 
"Sure just text me what time." I smile. "I'll talk to him, see you later."
 
 
 
Silence engulfs inside the elevator, for sure the two guys behind me is shocked to their core. Seeing a girl cry in front of them is somewhat make them feel uncomfortable. What happen to Marcus? He knows the feeling of being left alone and now he do it to someone else. I press the button of his floor because someone needs a banging on the head.
 
 
 
"Oppa, give this to Suengri, tell him its from me." I said and gave him a plastic bag.
 
 
"Okay." He said. The elevator door open and I stepped out then walk to Marcus' unit. I press the door bell couple of times before the door opens.
 
 
"You're back." He smiles.
 
 
"What do you think are you doing to Jin-hee?"
 
 
"How did you know?"
 
 
"Let's just say gossip have wings." I replied.
 
 
"I don't know. Come in." 
 
 
"What do you mean you don't know?"  I ask him as I place my bag to the kitchen table.
 
 
"Something messes with my mind."
 
 
"What?"
 
 
"I don't know."
 
 
"She cried earlier. She's broken." I said. "You've been in that situation before."
 
 
"We've been." He corrects me.
 
 
"So we both know how it feels, right?" I sigh. "Talk to her, explain everything."
 
 
"I will but not now."
 
 
"You will wait for another year?" I scoff. "The sooner, the better."
 
 
"Yes Mom!" He tease me. "I'll talk to her, tomorrow. I promise."
 
 
"Good. I have to go, i'm tired."
 
 
"I'll come with you, I want to buy some food in the grocery downstairs." I nod but when he opens the door we found Seung Hyn leaning on the wall staring at us.
 
 
"We have an agreement, right?" He said while looking intently at me. 
 
 
"Come in." Marcus opens the door widely. "I'll go downstairs." He said and leave.
 
 
"Yah!" I shout but Marcus just laughs, Seung Hyun grab my arm and drag me back inside.
 
 
"I told you never go to a man's apartment." He said with gritted teeth. I scoff and cross my arms to my chest. To my surprise he grab both my arms and snake it around his waist causing my bag to fall on the floor.
 
 
"What are you doing?" I hiss.
 
 
"Shhh"
 
 
"Move away from me." I said but he hugs me tightly. Rubbing my back over and over again. I lost for a moment, I smell his scent again, the combination of his perfume and cigarette.
 
 
 
He tilted my chin using his forefinger and thumb, our eyes met, he suddenly crushed his lips on mine. Trapping my body to his and the wall behind me. Our lips dance in sync while our tongues battle for dominance, he won from our little fight and his tongue explore my mouth not missing even an inch. I savor the moment, forgetting everything. His hands travel down my sides, the feeling is exquisite but then my senses went back from insanity of heaven, I push him away from me, both of us are catching some air but still staring at each other.
 
 
 
"Gian." He finally said. He grab again my arms and wrap it around his waist.
 
 
"Get away from me."
 
 
"Please. Few more minutes." He whisper. "Few more minutes." We both just stay still, just hugging. He keeps kissing my forehead and temple. "Sorry." He said then lets go of me. I bend down to grab my bag then leave the apartment.
 
 
 
I know he's behind me but I never look back, both of us just waited for the lift. He goes up while I need yo go down, one of the lift pings and we found Suengri, he looks surprise when he saw me and his hyung but he didn't bother to open his mouth.
 
 
 
"Noona thank you for the gift." He smile.
 
 
"Welcome."
 
 
"Hyung, let's go up." He said and Seung Hyun complies. "You're not coming with us noona?"
 
 
"I'm going home."
 
 
"Take care." He waves at me then turn his attention to Seung Hyun. "Where have you been hyung? you suddenly disappear. We thought you follow Hyung in the basement parking." He continues. "Is that a lipstick?"  He ask as he points at Seung Hyun's lips, the bastard didn't even wiped his mouth. "Don't tell me you and noona kiss. Unless you borrowed her lipstick." He smiles naughtily. "I like the shade." He continues then look at me before the elevator door closes.