CHAPTER 41: TO SEOUL WHERE 'LOVE' IS

Love
CHAPTER 41 TO SEOUL WHERE 'LOVE' IS
 
 
 
I vow that I wont go to this place again, I have a lot of memories here but I also share a lot of painful experiences. Marcus have a business conference here in Seoul, I really want for me and Zoey to just stay in Manila but the little one is excited to see, touch and play with snow. I can't just leave Zoey to Marcus because for sure there's going to be chaos between the two of them, so I don't have a choice but to come, we'll stay in Marcus' apartment. The place is still the same and bad memories starts to torture me again.
 
 
 
"Daddy, your house is so small." Zoey blurted out as she walk around Marcus' apartment, inspecting every corner of it.
 
 
"Because I stay here alone." Marcus said. "I don't need a big house before."
 
 
"I see." She nods. "Where will I sleep? Where will you sleep? Where will Mommy sleep?"
 
 
"There." Marcus points in his room. "Its up to you where will you sleep, there are two bedrooms. You choose."
 
 
"You choose where we will sleep Daddy." She points back at her Dad.
 
 
"Just choose Zoey." He said. "Ask Mommy."
 
 
"Mommy, where are we going to sleep?"
 
 
"Zoey, the room is the same."
 
 
"Okay." She smiles and skip back to the living room. "I want to sleep alone."
 
 
"Fine." Marcus said. "So its settled? You want to go out? Let's just eat somewhere."
 
 
"Yes." Zoey jumps. "Let's go but still no snow?"
 
 
"It will snow, trust me my princess."
 
 
"Okay Daddy." So we went out and spend the day walking the streets of Seoul, Zoey is very happy, walking inside every single shop. I think this is Zoey's wonderland and I don't know why. 
 
 
 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
 
 
The following day Marcus left early for his convention or meeting or whatever he calls it. Since we came back to Manila from New Jersey he started a business and eventually becomes successful, I really don't know what his business is all about but it survived after these years. He worked hard to keep his business running, I told him that I will help him and i'm willing to work for his company but he said that I just focus my attention to our daughter. 
 
 
 
I'm putting the dirty dishes in the dishwasher while Zoey is watching TV in the living room, I stop and look at the surroundings this place has a lot of memories. I sleep here when i'm too drunk to go back to my apartment, I stay here when i'm too sick to even go to my own car. I'm really thankful that I met him even in a wrong period of time and situation, who would have thought that we will come this far after that s*x in the bar? 
 
 
 
"Mommy, someone's at the door." I furrow my brow when I hear the door bell.
 
 
"I'm coming." I said. I rush to the door and look at the intercom. The crest in my eyebrow got deeper when I saw who is it.
 
 
"Is it Daesung oppa and Youngbae oppa Mommy?" Zoey jumps up and down trying to peek at the monitor.
 
 
"Huh?"
 
 
"I'm asking if that's them?"
 
 
"Yes." I said and open the door.
 
 
"Noona, you open the door too long. It's cold outside." Daesung whines as he remove his winter jacket.
 
 
"What are you doing here?" I said in confusion.
 
 
"You didn't know that we're coming?" Youngbae asked.
 
 
"No." I shake my head.
 
 
"Zoey told hyung that the three of you will stay here." Daesung said again while pointing at the beaming Zoey.
 
 
"Hyung?" I frown not understanding anything. Zoey told hyung?
 
 
"Seung Hyun hyung." Daesung said.
 
 
"Zoey?" I look at her. "What did you say to him?"
 
 
"I told Love that we will go here because of Daddy's business then I ask him his number, I told Daddy to save it to his phone." She stops and breathe. "Then I called him last night I told him I want to go to his house."
 
 
"What did he say?"
 
 
"Love said 'Okay Zoey, Daesung and Youngabe will pick you tomorrow morning, where are you?'" She smiles then continues. "Then I told him that we're staying at Daddy's house and Love said. 'Okay, see you tomorrow.'
 
 
"Why didn't I know these kind of stuff?"
 
 
"Daddy said its okay. He and Love talked last night while you're taking a shower." She pouts. "Are you mad Mommy?"
 
 
"No." I shake my head. "Do Daddy approve about this?"
 
 
"Yes." She nods a couple of times. "He said its fine since you and your friend will meet later."
 
 
"So." Youngbae rub his palms together. "Can we take Zoey now?"
 
 
"Don't worry noona we will just go to hyung's villa. We will stay there all day long." Daesung rubs my back.
 
 
"Mommy, picked me there later okay?"
 
 
"Can Daddy do that instead of me?"
 
 
"Mommy." She whines and stomped her feet. "Please."
 
 
"Fine." I sigh. "You should get dressed now." I told her. "Is your manager waiting in the parking lot?"
 
 
"Yes." Youngbae said. "But take your time noona and don't worry hyung's umma is there."
 
 
"Mommy, hurry up!" Zoey runs towards the bedroom, rummaging through her luggage. 
 
 
"Are you sure about this?" I look at her. I grab her backpack and start to put some extra clothes for the day, I also put extra diapers and a couple of bottles for her milk. Then I give instructions to Youngbae and Daesung, I repeat it a couple of times just to make sure that they remember everything I said. 
 
 
"Noona, don't worry. We will take good care of Zoey."
 
 
"What time should I pick her up?"
 
 
"Just give me your number so that Zoey can call you instead of Marcus."
 
 
 
I sigh and take his phone to save my number, then I turn to face Zoey and give her instructions as well. I'm freaking out right now and I know Daesung and Youngbae can see that, I even went down to the parking with them, I mean who wouldn't be freaking out right now, Zoey will go to Seung Hyun's villa and his mom is there as well! While i'm nervous, Zoey on the other hand is very excited and I don't know why. When I go back to the apartment I will call Marcus and asked him what is he thinking for letting Zoey go to Seung Hyun's villa.
 
 
 
===================================================================================================
 
 
 
LOVE'S POV
 
 
 
I'm excited at the same time nervous, I don't know why the hell i'm fidgeting right now. For God's sake, i'm in my own house and I think I will have panic attack any moment from now. Zoey will be my visitor, I REPEAT! ZOEY! Its just Zoey, a girl who is three years of age and i'm acting like a teenager. My mom laughs at me when she saw me walking back and forth in our living room, she told me, to stop acting weird. I can't help it and beside I have a reason why i'm acting like that.
 
 
 
"Love, you have a nice house." Zoey beams at me while I remove her pink fur coat.
 
 
"Thank you."
 
 
"My mommy said you live with your parents here."
 
 
"Yes, I am." I was taken aback for a while, so she and her mom talks about me?
 
 
"My Mommy also said that you have a lot of toys."
 
 
"Yes. You can see them everywhere in my house." I look at Youngbae and Daesung. "You can look around if you want."
 
 
"Okay." She walks around the house, inspecting every corner of it. She just nods and beams at me then points at something. "I saw this in the picture." She said.
 
 
"What picture?" Daesung asked her. 
 
 
"The pictures Mommy kept in her closet." She puffs her cheeks and smile. "She have a bunch of pictures with the five of you and other people I don't know but she have a lot of pictures of Love."
 
 
"Really?" Youngbae nudge my shoulder. "Noona, kept your pictures hyung." He whispers.
 
 
"And I saw a ring, in a black small box."
 
 
"Ring?" I kneel down in front of her. "You mean a ring with lots of small diamonds around it?"
 
 
"With a big heart shape stone, it sparkles a lot." She said with eyes wide open.
 
 
"So your mom kept it?"
 
 
"Did you gave that to her?" She pinch my cheeks. "Did you Love?"
 
 
"Yes" 
 
 
"Why did you give my Mommy a ring? You like my Mommy?" Youngbae and Daesung coughs. "Don't lie, I saw you in the wedding. You keep staring at her while she's talking to Daddy."
 
 
"I didn't stare." I lie.
 
 
"Don't lie." She pinch my nose. "I told Daddy that you keep staring at Mommy and he just laugh."
 
 
"Will you be mad if I like your Mommy?"
 
 
"No!" She shake her head. "But..."
 
 
"But what?"
 
 
"You always made my Mommy cry." I stop and stare at her.  Raking my hair with my fingers. Cry? I never saw Gian cry, not even once.
 
 
"She cry because of me?"
 
 
"Yes." She nods. "I saw her a couple of times crying inside the walk in closet while looking at the pictures."
 
 
"I'm sorry about that Zoey."
 
 
"Don't worry my Mommy is not mad at you." She smiles and caress my cheeks.
 
 
"You have dimples just like me." I smile back.
 
 
"I know." She giggles. "Love, i'm hungry."
 
 
"Okay let's eat. My mom cook different kind of dishes for you." I said and stand up. When I turn around umma is standing not far away from us, staring and smiling. "That's my umma."
 
 
"I know." Zoey smiles and walk towards umma. She bows and wave at her. "Hi! I'm Zoey.." She said. "I also saw her in the pictures Love." She turns to me.
 
 
"Really?" My umma said.
 
 
"And my Mommy said you're a great cook."
 
 
"And i'm hungry." Daesung said. "Can we eat here?"
 
 
"Of course you can." Umma smiles and walk towards the dining table with Zoey.
 
 
"Hyung, I think you still have a chance if you will decide to pursue noona." Youngbae whispers as we walk.
 
 
"Of course i'll pursue her." 
 
 
"But she's married." Daesung said. "I think you're late hyung. Too late."
 
 
"If i'm right and Zoey's my daughter I will fight for my right as her father and I will take them away from Marcus." I said with finality. My fist clench into a ball. "Remember that." I look at them.
 
 
"You're looking for trouble hyung." Daesung said.
 
 
"Yeah! A big trouble. What if Gian don't want to be with you?" Youngbae asked. "I mean Don't get mad but this is all your fault hyung."
 
 
"I know and I will make it right this time."
 
 
"What if you can't undo everything happen in the past?" He asked again and I don't know how to answer that.
 
 
"And you have a chance to make it right before but you throw it all away. Remember?"
 
 
"The three of you, aren't going to join me and Zoey to eat lunch?" Umma said behind us.
 
 
"Love, let's eat." Zoey shouts and she chews. "The oxtail soup is delicious." She waves at me while holding her chopsticks. "Can I have some more?"
 
 
 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
 
 
After a few hours of playing and talking to Zoey she fell asleep in my bed, she ask me to make her a bottle of milk. I don't know how so she teach me how to make one. This whole situation is driving me crazy, I can't sleep since the day I saw Zoey in Singapore, I can't take her off my mind. What if she's really my daughter? What if I really got Gian pregnant? Wait so it means that when we're in Italy she's pregnant? Did she knew it or not? My mind is going to explode. I sigh and stare at Zoey, she's sleeping while hugging a dolphin stuff toy. 
 
 
 
I went out of the balcony for a while and lit a cigarette, I need and I want to talk to Gian but the last encounter we had is not good at all. I mean who am I kidding? How can I talk to her? I want her to tell me the truth, I want her to be honest to me. I have the right to know everything but what if she keeps on denying it? I sigh once more as I stab my cigarette in my ashtray, I went back inside the villa, in my room and lie beside Zoey. I will just enjoy this day with her, i'll just think about the problem later or tomorrow.
 
 
 
"Love, wake up." Someone whispers to my ear. It feels like music to my ears, I can feel myself smiling. "Why are you smiling?"
 
 
"Hmmmmmmmm"
 
 
"Love." I heard again that word and someone is shaking my shoulder. "Love." I heard it again then someone pinch my cheeks. "LOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" I jerk up, I look at my surrounding, I saw Zoey looking at me with brows mashed up together. "You fell asleep beside me." She smiles.
 
 
"Did umma change your clothes?"
 
 
"No! Mommy's here, we're leaving."
 
 
"What?" I stumble in my bed and Zoey laughs. "Why are you laughing?" I make a sad face.
 
 
"Because you're funny." She giggles. "We have to go, my Daddy is waiting for us in the house."
 
 
"I see. Let's go. Thank you because you woke me up before you leave."
 
 
"I want to tell you something." She pat the bed and motion me to sit beside her. 
 
 
"What is it?" I look at her and she crawl on my lap then whisper something to me. 
 
 
Gian is waiting in the living room when me and Zoey get out of my room, she's holding Zoey's bag and coat. She smiles when she turns her attention to us, she's with umma and appa. And i'm about to faint! 
 
 
 
"Go back here and I will cook again something for you Zoey." Umma said, all smiles to Zoey.
 
 
"Can we go back here Mommy before we go back to Manila?"
 
 
"If they're not busy."
 
 
"We're not." Appa said laughing.
 
 
"Mommy, they're not busy." She said. "And you will like here because Love have lots of red wine, Mommy you like red wine right?" Gian just nods and kiss Zoey's cheeks.
 
 
"Okay! You can go back here." She smiles. "Let's go!" She look at Zoey and help her wear her pink fur coat. "We have to go." She now turns her attention to my parents. "Thank you for taking care of Zoey."
 
 
"No problem." Appa said. "Just come back here anytime you want. You know that you'e always welcome here,"
 
 
"Thank you."
 
 
"i'll drive the both of you to Marcus' apartment." I offer.
 
 
"No need." She said without even glancing at me. "Jin-hee's outside." She talks to my mom.
 
 
"Mommy, its snowing." Zoey squeals while looking at the floor to ceiling window.
 
 
"Yes baby."
 
 
"Let's go outside Mommy. Bye everyone." She waves then drag Gian out of the door. "Bye Love."
 
 
"Bye." I said but I followed them out. I walk with them until I saw Jin-hee's car park outside the villa.
 
 
"Bye Love. Go inside its cold."
 
 
"Call me when you arrive home okay."
 
 
"Yes. Bye." Gian help her fasten the seat belt. Jin-hee just wave at me and off they go, I just stay in my spot until the car turns right and out of my sight. When I get back inside the villa my parents are still in the living room, waiting for me.
 
 
"You want to talk to us son?" Appa breaks the silence.
 
 
"Yes." I said and sit down in front of them.
 
 
============================================================
 
 
MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE....
 
 
AGAIN I WANT TO THANKED EACH AND EVERYONE OF YOU. TO ALL THE SUBSCRIBERS, YOU ALL ROCK! TO MY SILENT READERS (IF I HAVE ANY) THANK YOU...
 
 
PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE, UPVOTE AND COMMENT.