Bonus chapter

30 y ... divorcée

The little girl was patiently waiting for someone to pick him up, sat on the bench. She was gently playing with her short hair, trying to relieve her anger.  She was patient because she knew that both of her parents were busy. With her little brother, with their work, with everything. And anyways herself had her own life. But well, she spent a quite awful day.

"Ya, Jin Ri , you're sure that your dad is the youngest ? " A little boy asked her before bursting into laughs.

She looked at him with black eyes, not saying anything. She was really angry now. The boy looked confused for a moment, he didn't exppect a such scary look from her and ran away, catching up his mom that came to pick him up.

She got teased all day for that. All started from normal questions about parents, their profession, their age. And this is where it went wrong. Jin Ri knew for sure that her dad was 31 year old, and that her mother was 37, so why no one  believes her ? Even her teacher told her that she was mistaking.

She took her breath, she'll show her when when one of them will come that she's right !!

"Jin Ri !!"

She raised her head at this familiar voice. Her dad. The girl ran up to him and got lifted by the man.

"Did you spent a good day at school, my love ? And, sorry for the wait" He dropped her back on the floor with a kiss. Bang Yong Guk considered how stiff and angry she looked. She was even holding up tears. 

"Appa, you're 31 years old , right ?" she asked with a angry tone. He nodded, only to be asked one more question.

"And mom is 37 ?"

He nodded once more and this time his daughter took his hand and dragged him to her class, where her teacher was packing her stuff.

"Teacher !"

The middle age woman looked at the little girl and her dad walking in her direction. "Well, Bang Jin Ri, what can I do for you ?"

"I was right, I didn't get their age wrong." Jin Ri stopped herself, getting all flustered and hided herself behind her dad and said enough for him to hear. " Appa, tell her."

Yong Guk shared a confused look with the teacher , the woman laughed nerviously."I'm sorry, usually the dad is older so I just thought that she was mistaking..."

He nodded. " But, more than that , Jin Ri don't milite for things that she's not sure about. I wish you consider that fact in the future." He told her gently , still showing her that what she did was quite mean for a child. Jin Ri was a shy girl and if she wasn't sure of what she was saying, she wouldn't get all flustered by it. She must have been really angry about this and frustrated.

The teacher realized her mistake and tried to justify herself : "I don't know if I can say that, but her mom look way younger than her age .... so i'm deeply sorry."

He retained his laugh. Hyuna surely didn't change at all after all those years. She actually got some wrinkles but rocked them so well. After two children, she's still the active and kind woman that he fell in love with. People could mistake her for way younger than her age. But here, the teacher was implying that she looked younger than him. 

"It's okay, she often gets that. We'll get going."

They were walking back home and surprisingly Jin Ri got calmer after the misunderstanding and went bacj to her usual calm yet happy mood. Yong Guk holding Jin Ri's hand couldn't realize sometimes that he's her dad. Four years after. Well, almost five. Time flies away too fast. His little baby became a little girl but her high height was hinting that she'll no longer be that. Damn those genes from her mother, he thought. 

"Appa."

"Yes, Jin Ri  ?"

" Why are you younger than Mom ? Isn't that unsual ?"

"Hmm, it's not common. But look, Erin auntie is older than Himchan uncle." Yong Guk explained simply to her. She nodded before pouting, no one in her class was in her case, she would have feel less alone otherwise. Yong Guk tried to cheer her up. " I guess that when God make me for your mom , he really wanted to make a perfect man, because your mom deserved the best of the best, so he took 6 years to create me."

Jin Ri looked at him with disbelief. "Appa, I'll be five soon."

He tickled her. "No, you're only three year old and you love the three bear song." He said with a gummy smile before lifting her in his arms and hugging in in a bear style. A childish side of him wants that Jin Ri stays that amazed little girl she was at three y.o when his single move was an achievement in her eyes.

She shook her head and tried to move away. "I'm four and half , Appa. I'm just so grown up now. So I don't belive your story."

"It's romantic, don't you think ?" he asked her, still not digesting the fact that his made up stories didn't amaze her anymore. He put her back on the floor and was waiting for her answer. 

"Well, I guess that for a dummy like you..."

She sticked her tongue out and ran away from him. He got vexed and quickly, he catched her path and grabbed her. Now they're were fighting like little kids in front of the house, in the garden.

"Jin ri." He pleaded. "Let's stop, daddy is tired, you won." He said, almost breathless. They hugged and decided themselves to enter the house.

"Jin Guk. If you don't eat that in the next second, i'll tickle you ... to death."

Yong Guk ran dramatically to his child. "Who are you to threaten my son this way ? "

"Ga Yoon, the baby sitter." The yound girl rolled her eyes, her uncle was too much to handle. Erin was supervising the thing from the couch , the seven year old girl wasn't alone. He chuckled, with two strong character as her parents, Ga Yoon was like bruning fire. A perfect combo, as her parents called her all time.

"Where is Mom ?" Jin Ri asked, now grumpy.

"She's upstairs, reading a book. She needed a break from taking care of Jin Guk." Ga Yoon answered. 

Yong Guk took his son in his embraace and motioned the girl taht he'll take care of him now. She flicked her long hair and went to wake up her mom.

"Mom, wake up ! Wake up !" AFter repeating it several times, Ga Yoon just punched gently her mother to speed up the process. An instant fight started.

He left the two fire personnalities together and went upstairs. Jin ri accelerates her pace to be the first to see her mom. She opened the room door and found the woman sleeping in the bed, the book now closed.

Hyuna had woken up at the sound of someone calling her. "Jin Ri ? You're here ? What time is it ? Did your father-"

"I did." The deep and caring voice pronounced. Hyuna looked up and she sighed of relief. She was supposed to go pick her daughter, but got so tired after one day of working home on her new articles and taking care of Jin Guk. So when she get in this bed, it was just for half and hour before heading to school. She mouthed a thanks you to him, and he winked back.

Jin Ri walked to the bed and lied next to her mother. They briefly hugged before Jin Ri starts to speak.

"Mom, today my teacher was so irritating ..." The little family was settled in the bed, while Jin Ri was telling her day to her mother, comfortably sat on her lap. She bursted into laughs at the end.

"So was she thinking that your dad was older that me ? Youngster ?" She asked, absolutely amused to hear that. Jin Ri confirmed the information

"So, did you know what appa said when I asked him about you being older than him ? He told me that god wanted to give you a perfect man because you deserve the best of the best , and took 6 years to create him."

Hyuna bursted into laughs and Yong Guk was a little hurt by this. She comtemplated his grumpy pout and kissed his cheek. The man instantly brightened up , and his famous grin was back.

"MOM !"

"What ? Dad is too cute for me to handle." She kissed back Yong guk on the lips this time and Jin Ri yelled once more.

"But in fact, you're just jealous. Aigoo, you got that from your dad. " Yong Guk had a jealous nature, and Hyuna noticed that Ji Ri could be as clingy as him sometimes. She lifted her daughter and covered her with kissed. The little girl faked to be disgusted by this affection, but her laughs were telling otherwise.

"But then, i'll guess that my little toddler too would get jealous ..." She took him and himself got the same treatment, that he received with big giggles. Hyuna immersed herself into the comtemplation of his cute puffy arms and legs and those heavy cheeks of her 9 months son. Jin Guk was a baby born before term and it was only now that he took some weight that Hyuna was relieved. Her precious little baby. She gave him back to the man that didn't leave her and his son off eyes the whole time with a smile. Yong Guk was the perfect father, even if he was the "kind" parent, letting his children rule him completely. But well, he took good care of his daughter , of his son and obviously, of her. He wasn't a visionary and going ahead problem. But with a lot of communication and patience, he was able to cut off  crisis. Hyuna looked at Yong Guk swing a little his son that he held in one hand, and with the other one, holding his daughter's one.

So sweet.

Hyuna stood up and she stumbled a little, before sitting back on the bed.

"Whauh, Mom, are you okay ?"

"I stood up too quickly, so I got dizzy." Damn, she wasn't weak, please, just tired.

She stood up and took the time to put her slippers on. Then, she lifted Jin Ri and kissed her. "So, let's just head to the kitchen to cook for tonight."

They all get downstairs and while the parents were cooking something decent, the children were in the living room. Jin Ri got the task to keep a eye on her brother that were in his chair. Yong Guk left the kitchen for a moment and went to see how things were doing in the living room.

"So it's a pig. You see that animal right there !" Jin Ri told Jin Guk, that were just giggling at everything she was saying. 

She sighed and sat on the couch, taking another book, that Hyuna bought just for her and yet she didn't know how to read, she loved having book around her. She'll be a book addict like her mom. Yong Guk looked at her flipping the pages, and admiring the pictures in here.

"Do you want me to put some music ? Three bears song ?" He asked her. She looked at him, realizing his presence only now. She stayed silent a second, deciding.

"No, I want Epik High." 

Yong Guk sighed. Hyuna raised her daughter so well that the little buddy was a complete fan of Epik High. When himself was a producer and produced so beautiful songs ! He tried to make her change her mind.

"Some rap ? Well, dad can make you listen to his songs too." He smiled , full of hopes.

"Epik High." She repeated stubbornly.

He surrendered and put the album they just released. He heard a familiar voice humming and returning himself saw Hyuna with a big grin.

"I raised her so well." She bragged herself.

He suddenly understood the seconds that Jin Ri took to decide herself, the seconds she took to understand what her mother was saying with her lips. He shook his head in disbelief. "You forced her to choose Epik High, you're such a manipulative woman."

She flicked her hair and posed. "Thanks."

He looked at her , revolted and got closer to her. " You leave me no choice."

One of her eyebrow raise, but she was defenseless against Yong Guk tickles. She was sensitive about that so she finished on the floor where she surrendered. She realized that everybody was laughing now, even her son. He was even clapping for her.

Yong Guk looked at her standing up with the rest of dignity she had left.

"Don't you smell a funny thing ?" She gained back her seriousness looking at the door of the kitchen.

He grinned. "Hyuna, I know that you 're humiliated bu-"

She ran to the kitchen, not letting him finish his sentence. "No vegetables for tonight. They became all dark." She yelled.

Yong Guk shared a look with his daughter. It wasn't a big loose. Jin ri winked at him.

"I'll go take care of those ugly vegetables, huh." Yong Guk told his daughter. She nodded and went back to her book.

"Yong Guk, you're such a distraction. I forgot about the vegetables that were cooking." Hyuna nagged him as soon as he entered the room.

"I love this compliment. " He smirked and Hyuna just punched his chest gently. He added, still amused : "And we clearly ameliorate ourself since our debuts."

She chuckled. Yes, she tried to learn Yong Guk to cook and he was quite a good student. But once the thing was on the fire , he couldn't help himself and cuddle with her until it was ready. Too often, they stopped themselves too late for having eatable things. 

"I'll take care of that, so just start to prepa Jin Gu-" He looked at her and realised that she was already carefully preparing the baby soup for her son.

"Thanks for listenning to me until the end."

"You're welcome" She retorted. Few minutes later, all the family was gathered in the kitchen. Yong Guk looked at each of them and realized how lonely the house was before Hyuna came in his life. Since his grandmother left this world, he ate his meals alone and quickly so he'd do something else after. But since she appeared, meals became more enjoyable and obviously, after finally having children, meals were even funnier. His favourite time of the day.

"Eat a little of that, Jin Ri." Hyuna motionned Jin Ri to open and she carefully put some vegetables in it. The little girl closed back , tasting the food. First she frowned before noticing the little piece of meat that her mom hided in the veggies. 

"Your turn,Youngster." Hyuna said, she gladly repeated the operation with him. Herself was immersed in feeding Jin Guk , her little toddler that she wasn't really eating. Yong Guk frowned. He took some big spoonful of his meal and went to take Jin Guk.

"You need to eat, too, Hyun." He said the mouth full.

"Appa !" Jin Ri yelled, gaining the attention of everyone. "You always say that people shouldn't talk the mouth full !!!" Jin Ri said, shocked of her father, breaking rules he was always repeating.

He quickly chewed and explained himself. "Sorry, I won't do it again."

"I don't see why you're always bickering about that." Hyuna said, obviously the mouth full.

"After all those years, you still do it, it's right. But Jin Ri has the chance of becoming a decent human being." He retorted with a grin. She pinched his cheek, vexed but didn't say anything more.

Yong Guk feed Jin Guk himself, ridiculizing himself so the baby will take one spoonful. Hyuna admired the scene with loving eyes, while playing in Jin Ri short hair.

"Mom ? Mom ? Earth to Mom ? Mom stop staring at Dad !"

"Oh sorry Jin Ri" Hyuna kissed the girl's nose under the amused eyes of Yong Guk. They shared a look and Hyuna just had to bear with his so-you-were-staring-at-me look. Jin Ri laughed. Growing older, she'll realize how lucky she is, with those loving parents.

After this eventful dinner, a even more energetic bath, it was now time for the story to each child. They didn't divided the share, first it was about making Jin Guk sleep. Then, it was time for their daughter's story. Both adults invaded the little girl bed and both read a book to her. Yong Guk was officially the reader of the family, because of his voice. They read together a few chapters and then Jin Ri curled up in her bed, already sleepy.

Hyuna caressed her hair and properly put the blanket on her.

"We should let her sleep , Hyun"

"It's just that she really looks like you when she sleep, like at that slight angel smile."

He looked at Hyuna, quite in disbelief but she confirmed him the information. "I'm serious, you both smile in your sleep, it's super cute." She said going out of the room.

They were now back on their room.

"I really love that story, you know ?" Hyuna said , closing the book that she left on the bed.

"What, Brave ?!" He almost rolled his eyes. Even her, a full grown up woman ? He lsot the count of times he read this to Jin Ri. "Our daughter contamined you. Oh My god, you should really find some other books for her. I'm tired of that ginger i'm telling you !" He warned her gently. She chuckled

He lied on the bed and closed his eyes. His lover did the same , before hugging him. 

"I was talking about what you said to Jin Ri, the 6 years that God made to create you."

He got surprised that she was talking about this but remembered of her reaction when Jin Ri told her. " You laughed."

"It doesn't mean that I don't love the idea. It's quite romantic !" She reassured him.

He chuckled, remembering that Jin Ri thought the total opposite.  "She told me that i really got a wicked romantic sense." 

She kissed his collarbone. "She doesn't konw anything about romantism, me either, but I really love that idea."

"Really ?"

She nodded and Yong Guk pecked her lips, happy that they got the same wicked romantic sense.

 


THE END 

This fanfic finally ended. I hope you loved that journey with me ! 

I have several ideas of fanfics and started to write them down but well, I don't know if i'll post them. Obviously, one is about Yong Guk. Yes, told you that I loved him.

Plus, I don't know if you saw the pic he posted on instagram , the hashtag is "indian ocean". PLEASE, are you kidding me ? I live in that ocean, where is this ing awesome guy ? On my island ? Plus, our volcano erupted recently...

Yes, i'm building hope that he's here on my lost rock in Indian Ocean x)