31 - February

Not The Right Cinderella!

PLEASE READ THE “RECAP” SECTION ABOVE FIRST. THANKS. NGHEE.

 

Chapter 31 : February

 

Seorin dislikes being in a hospital.

The clean and white environment, and the smell of drugs, well, medicines, is everywhere.

She dislikes all of them, because they reminded her of a bad memory.

 

** Three years ago..

 

Seorin was lying on bed, staring blankly into the ceiling.

Not because the ceiling is interesting, but because everything around her is just the same as the ceiling.

It was her third day being hospitalized.

There was a camp organized by her school and knowing how protective her sister is, Seorin decided to went to the camp without her sister’s permission.

Turned out she failed to take care of herself. She fell during the mountain climbing and broke her leg. Her sister, Seojin has every right to scold her for being stubborn and careless, but no. She just smiles, gives Seorin a hug and thanked God because her sister is still alive. Little that Seorin knows how angry Seojin was that she went to her school to scold the teacher in charge during the accident.

“Riiiin!”

Seorin quickly woke up from the bed as soon as she heard the voice.

Seojin’s voice.

“Unnieeee~!” she whines as soon as she saw her elder sister.

“I’m here, I’m here! And guess what? I made your favourite waffles!” Seojin said as she took a seat besides the bed, smiling cheerfully.

“Yes! I love your waffles the most in the world!”

“You love my waffles more than me?” Seojin asked, pretending to be sad.

“No, no! Waffles is at the second place, of course I love you the most, unnie!” Seorin corrected her sentence and hugs Seojin at the same time.

“I know. I’m just joking,” Seojin chuckles as she ruffles Seorin’s hair.

One thing about Seojin that Seorin loves the most is no matter how bad the situation is, no matter how big the problem Seorin caused, her sister will never be mad at her. Her sister will never scold her. Her sister will never be angry at her.

Just like today, she is all smiling and cheerful.

Not that she isn’t worried.

Seojin is sick worried whenever it comes to Seorin. Both of them had been orphans for 14 years. Seojin was only 5 when both of them were sent to an orphanage after their parents died in a car accident. Seorin, who was only 2 at that time, remembers nothing. Only Seojin remembers how lonely and abandoned both of them at that time, and she swore to take care of her younger sister, since she’s the only one she has. Seorin has to be happy no matter what.

That’s why she never shows how worried and upset she was. She doesn’t want Seorin to feel guilty or sad, so she always acts all energetic and hyper so her sister can feel at ease. So Seorin will not feel burdened.

An angel, yes.

But one day, she cried.

Seorin was sleeping at that time. It was her seventh day in the hospital. She woke up upon hearing her sister sobbing. The first thing she saw when she opened her eyes was Seojin’s wet eyes and cheeks. Seorin can see that her elder sister is trying to calm herself, but failed miserably.

“Unnie, why are you crying..?” Seorin asked, holding her sister’s hand. It’s hard for her to give Seojin a hug since she can’t move much thanks to her broken leg.

“Someone hates me..” Seojin tries to force a smile on her face, wiping her tears at the same time.

“You never cry this much before.. Who’s that person?” Seorin quickly asked, as she got angry all of a sudden. How can anyone hate her sister? She loves Seojin so much she will never forgive whoever that person is.

“Just someone..” Seojin replied, trying to force a smile on her face.

“You’re not telling me who, unnie?” Seorin asked again for the second time, holding Seojin’s hands in hers.

“It’s better if you don’t know his name. He’s a bad person,”

 

“I’m sorry,”

Seorin opened her eyes upon hearing Dongwoo’s voice. The voice that woke her up from her past memories.

“Why are you apologizing, Dongwoo oppa?” she asked, but her voice came out hoarse, since she was crying way too much earlier.

“Because you heard the conversation before.. before the accident,” Dongwoo explained himself, and he sounds really sorry. Seorin can tell that he is feeling really bad at the fact that Seorin had heard all the painful from Hoya right before the accident.

“It’s not your fault at all, oppa,” Seorin responded, looking at the floor, trying not to remember anything from the hurtful conversation. All of them are in the hospital right now, waiting for Hoya in front of his room. They take turns, so that Hoya is never alone.

Seorin never leaves his side.

Only today she stepped out of the room.

Because Sunggyu insists that she should get some fresh air. So she did left the room, only to settled down on a bench in front of Hoya’s room.

She doesn’t want to be too far from him.

Dongwoo, Sungjong and Sungyeol joined on the bench soon after that, leaving Sunggyu, Myungsoo and Woohyun inside the room.

It has been three months, and Hoya is still not waking up.

Seorin and everyone are praying really hard day and night for Hoya to wake up really soon.

“I think he’s joking, though,”

“About what?”

“Everything. You see, Seorin. No one knows Hoya better than me. I am more than sure that he is in love with you. He changed a lot. You. You changed him. He’s a better person now.”

“And he said he’s just using me..”

“That must be a joke, Seorin! I’m sure of that!” Dongwoo said, and he sounds so convinced with everything that came out from his mouth.

Deep inside her heart, Seorin can also feel that Hoya must have been joking that night. All the sweet memories they shared together, it is hard for her to believe that Hoya fakes all that. And the fact that he kept on saying that he was just joking before the accident took place made Seorin thinks a lot.

Perhaps, Hoya was really joking about using her?

And Seorin was too blind to see the joke.

“I just thought of something,” Sungjong suddenly broke the silence.

“If you want to talk nonsense, then shut up,” Sungyeol responded lazily.

“I still want to share with everyone. What if, when later Hoya hyung wokes up, we found out that he had lost his memories?”

Dongwoo and Seorin stared at him while Sungyeol hits on his head lighly.

“Do you think we are in dramas? This is Hoya we are talking about, not Goo Junpyo!” he snapped at his younger brother.

“But hyung, usually things like this happened in fanfictions!” Sungjong responded, rubbing on his head lightly, causing Dongwoo and Seorin to chuckle a bit.

“You read fanfictions, Sungjong? Aigoo~” Sungyeol shook his head a bit. It was then when suddenly Myungsoo appeared in front of them. It looks like he is in a rush, but he has a big smile on his face.

“Hoya hyung is up!”

For the first time in three months, Seorin finally remembers how to be happy. She quickly stood on her feet and quickly runs into the room, followed by everyone.

“Oppa!” she calls for him as soon as she reached his bed. She was about to throw her arms around him when she noticed Hoya got a little bit surprised and avoid her hug.

“What.. what are you doing?” Hoya asked, staring straight into her eyes.

He confused her with his question, but Seorin seems to not notice Hoya’s question, and she’s too immersed in her happiness upon seeing Hoya, sitting on his bed, looking a little pale but as good looking as before.

After three months, and finally Hoya is up.

Seorin is thanking God too many times in her heart for bringing back Hoya to her.

“Where’s Dongwoo hyung?” Hoya suddenly asked, looking around since Seorin didn’t respond to his question.

“I’m here!” Dongwoo suddenly appeared from behind Seorin, and he gave Hoya a hug.

“Why is everyone hugging me today? Sunggyu hyung hugged me as well just now,” Hoya said as he broke the hug awkwardly.

“Because we missed you, pabo!” Dongwoo chuckles.

“Miss? Miss, what, you guys are acting so weird. Now tell me, did you manage to find me the Cinderella slippers?”

“How many pairs do you need, Hoya? I already got you a pair last time,”

“Last time.. when?” Hoya looks confused.

“Not sure. Six, seven months ago, I guess,"

“But why did you get me a pair, hyung?”

“Because you asked to me look for one, pabo!”

“But I only asked for it last night.”

“Last night, yeah right,” Dongwoo laughs a bit together with the rest. They had heard the story of the Cinderella slippers not long ago from Dongwoo himself.

Sungjong then suddenly squeezed himself in between everyone to be near to Hoya.

“Hyung!” he called for him as soon as he get to stand near to Hoya’s bedpost.

“Why are there so many strangers today? First, that girl just now tried to hug me. And now, you, skinny boy.”

Being referred to as ‘that girl’ caused Seorin to feel hurt, but she didn’t get to feel sad for too long as she is paying full attention to the conversation between Hoya and Sungjong.

“I am skinny, and I’m proud of it. Now tell me hyung, is this month February?”

“Why are you asking me the obvious? Of course it’s February, gosh~ everyone is making me angry,” Hoya looks angry now.

“February?” Dongwoo and Seorin asked, almost at the same time. It’s August, though.

“Jackpot!” Sungjong said.

“What, aish, what are you saying?” Sungyeol asked, staring at his brother.

“Hoya hyung didn’t remember me and Seorin noona. He’s all angry and moody like he used to before. He doesn’t understand why people are hugging him today, which shows that he is unaware that he just woke up from a comma. And he asked for the Cinderella slippers, which happened last February. Please accept it, everyone. Fanfictions are real. Hoya hyung is the new Goo Junpyo!” Sungjong ended his explanation with a cute, seal clap, causing the rest to drop their jaws.

“The new Goo Junpyo?” Woohyun, who happened to be a little bit slow than the rest, asked.

“Aish, Woohyun hyung. Hoya hyung lost his memories, duh?” the youngest responded, answering Woohyun’s question, and breaking Seorin’s heart at the same time.

 

TBC ~

Oh yes hello everyone, I am crazy. As much as it sounds like a terrible excuse, I was trapped in an extremely busy schedule for months (not sure how long, wuuu), that’s why this fic was abandoned. Please forgive me dear readers; I have NO intention stop writing. Pynkfaery is really sorry!

I hope my readers are still here somewhere~ Uuu..

And yeah, Sungjong read fanfics. LOL. Do leave your comments and boost up my motivation! Thanks everyone! Lots of love from Pynkfaery, please keep on supporting INFINITE and BAD! <3

Love, PYNK

p/s : I will reply again to everyone's comments in the next chapter! Lots of hearts and hugs and kisses to my readers