24 - The Missing "I Love You"

Not The Right Cinderella!

Seorin was walking in a rush to her class as since she woke up late in the morning. She and Hoya were having a movie marathon the night before and went to bed really late.

It was then when she suddenly bumped into someone quite hard and all her books fell on the floor.

“Sorry!” she quickly apologized as she kneels down to pick up her books. Lucky for her the other person didn’t drop anything.

Seorin was about to grab her pink notebook when the person she bumped into just now stepped on it with her flashy, red heels.

She looks up and now both of them are looking into each other’s’ eyes.

“Watch your step next time,” the pretty lady muttered.

Seorin didn’t say anything. She’s afraid she might say bad things if she opened , so she thought it’s better to keep quiet.

The lady is still staring at her, so Seorin decided maybe she should say something.

“Can you please move your heel? I need my notebook back,” she asked politely.

The lady smirked as she pressed her heel even more on the notebook, Seorin thought this lady must have grown up without a loving sister like Seojin, that’s why she’s so rude.

“Give me a reason why I should,” the lady said.

Seorin was about to respond to her when she saw Hoya is walking to her class. She got excited and quickly pulled the notebook from under the lady’s heel and runs to her husband.

“Howon oppaaa!” she screamed as she jumps on Hoya’s back, hugging him. Hoya just laughs as he holds on her to secure her from falling.

Her act just now caused the lady to lost her balance and fell on her .           

“Ugh!”

She was about to get up what she saw Seorin and Hoya from afar.

“That , is naturally annoying!” she muttered to herself as she wipes the dust off her pants as she stood up.

*     *     *

“Lunch?” Hoya asked asked as Seorin wrapped her arms around his neck.

“Um.. but I have class,” Seorin replied, though that offer is really inviting.

“Well, have you ever skip this class before?”

“Nopes..”

“Let’s just skip this once? You won’t be getting a warning letter for being absent the first time,” Hoya chuckles.

Seorin was about to agree when she suddenly thought of something and quickly shook her head.

“Ani, my unnie says I should never skip class, unless I’m sick,”

“Okay, okay. So let’s go to your class?” Hoya asked as he walks to Seorin’s class, carrying Seorin on her back effortlessly.

“Okay!” Seorin nods on his shoulder. Some people are taking their pictures secretly, but both Hoya and Seorin do not find it disturbing.

It has been almost a month since Hoya announced to everyone that he and Seorin are husband and wife. It caused a big chaos back then. People are still snapping their pictures whenever they are seen together, but the crowd is more controlled compared to the earlier days.

Hoya lowered his body when he reached the lecture hall and Seorin hops down.

“Komawo, oppa,” she smiles.

“No need to thank me for small stuff like this,” Hoya chuckles.

“Neh. So see you later..?” Seorin asked, pouting at the same time. The class will only be two hours as usual, but not knowing since when, she wishes for Hoya to always be with her.

Not knowing since when, if Hoya is away from her, even two hours are enough to torture her.

“Well, I think I’ll just join you in the class,” Hoya said as he took her hand in his and pull her into the lecture hall.

“Ehh? But you’re not in this class. You don’t even take this subject. Wait, you’re not a Literature student! You’re from another school!”

“Rin, the lecture hall is big. There are like, 150 students here. It won’t be easy for your lecturer to spot an additional student,” Hoya smiles, and Seorin thought what he said really makes sense. And yes, ‘Rin’ is what Hoya is calling her now. Shorter, and closer to her heart.

Both of them choose to sit at the end of the 10th line, and yes, like Hoya stated just now, it is actually impossible for the lecturer to suddenly notice a new student in such a big crowd.

“So.. about your unnie,” Hoya starts a conversation when both of them settle down.

“Um..?” Seorin looks at her.

“Did she know about me..?”

Seorin looks at him for a while before she shook her heard slowly.

“Why..?” Hoya asked again.

“I don’t know.. everything happened too fast. I’m not sure what will be her reaction, but I can feel that she will be angry,” Seorin muttered.

“Well, I think I understand. You are her only family member, and you got married without telling her,”

Seorin nods slowly, and now she started to feel guilty. Everytime Seojin called her on the phone, she always thought if she should tell her about the current situation.

But she never did.

“She always told me to be careful with guys,”

“Really..?”

“Um. It’s hard to find a guy who will love me for who I am, that’s what she said,”

Upon hearing the sentence, Hoya quickly changes his gaze from Seorin’s eyes to his own fingers on the table.

Seorin and him are really close together.

They joke around a lot.

They watch movies together till late night.

They sit next to each other at the dining table.

He still make her did house chores, only to play with her while doing it together with her.

They hold hands.

And Seorin started a habit of jumping on his back.

But none of them ever confessed their true feelings.

There is still no “I love you” between them.

“Love..” he repeated after Seorin.

“Neh..” Seorin nods again. Deep inside her heart, she really wishes for Hoya to say that three words.

Their relationship right now is obvious but confusing. Yes, they are married, but the contract is ending in 30 days.

It looks like they are in love, but no one has actually declared their feelings to another.

Just by thinking about it, Seorin let out a heavy sigh.

And the two hour class went on with both of them remain silent.

*     *     *

 

Nara was doing her assignment at the library when suddenly Sungyeol appeared out of nowhere and took a seat in front of her.

She looks at him, and as usual, Sungyeol started to sweat. He’s really nervous every time Nara is around. Ever since Nara stepped into the mansion, he had made countless of efforts to talk to her, but failed miserably each time. He never utters even one word to her.

Sungyeol closes his eyes, trying to find strength to at least say hi. It has been a month, and he should at least greet her.

He took a deep breath when suddenly he heard a Kakao Talk alert tone from his phone. He let out a sigh in frustration as he slide his finger on the phone screen to check whoever texting him and disturbs his 37th attempt to talk to Nara.

His heart skipped a bit when he realized the message is actually sent by Nara herself. He looks at Nara who is sitting in front of him, and he can see she is holding her phone.

Nara smiles to him and Sungyeol can feels his cheeks are boiling, and he quickly read the text.

“If you’re uncomfortable to talk, we can chat here,”

He smiles and his fingers automatically move by themselves to reply her.

“Hi. I’m Sungyeol.”

Nara chuckles a bit when she read Sungyeol’s reply.

“I know.”

Sungyeol started to worry when he saw the short reply. After all the failed attempts to start a conversation with this girl, and she finally be the one to greet him first, he cannot let this chance to get to know her better blew off just like that by being boring. What if Nara’s replies getting shorter and shorter and finally stopped texting him?

He won’t let that happened, Sungyeol decided.

Nara stares at her phone screen for quite long, but no reply appeared. So she looks at Sungyeol, and what she is seeing is shocking, and funny. Sungyeol is looking ever so serious Nara can actually see his vein popped on his forehead, and his fingers punching his phone screen, typing something that looks like a death threat.

Thirty seconds after that, Sungyeol’s reply finally appear on her screen.

“I am so sorry for being so nervous all these time. I really want to say hi on the first day, but I keep on failing up until just now. 37 times. You can laugh now. But I really want to be your friend. If you still have quota open, can I fit myself in as a friend? But you should know even if you don’t have any quota left, I still want to be your friend. Or, even if you don’t want to be my friend, I still want to. Oh wait. I think I am your friend now! Yes, I’m already a friend! So you can’t say no! Arasseo? I’m Sungyeol, I know you already know that. And you can call me Yeol for short. That’s what my friends call me. Since I already opened a quota for you to be my friend, you can call me that too. I love playing games. And I love watching anime. If you love anime too, let’s watch anime together tonight!”

Nara can’t help but to laugh as she read what Sungyeol wrote to her. Sungyeol on the other hand is resting his forehead on the table. He is too excited to reply Nara just now and was so eager to continue the conversation and he ends up writing like an idiot.

“She must’ve close her friend quota and I can never be her friend,” he sobs inside.

It was then when he heard the Kakao Talk alert tone again. He quickly sit properly and tap on the new notification.

“Hi Yeol. Do you want to watch Attack on Titan together with me tonight? I feel like rewatching the whole series again (=^^=)”

Sungyeol quickly stand up on his feet and jump in delight.

“She called me Yeol!” he screamed before he realized he’s acting idiotic in the middle of the library and quickly stormed out of the building.

Nara laughed as he did that, and some of the students near them were laughing as well. And then came in a reply from Sungyeol.

“See you tonight!”

And she smiles.

 

*     *     *

 

“And you didn’t do anything?” Hoya asked as he get out of his car.

“I was about to tell her that she’s being rude but then I saw you, so I just grabbed my book and runs to you,” Seorin laughs as she get out of the car as well. They just arrived at the mansion. Seorin was telling him about the lady who stepped on her notebook earlier on their way home.

“Next time if you see her again, just step on her heels or something,” Hoya laughs and Seorin joins him.

Both of them stepped into the mansion when Hoya suddenly saw a lady sitting on the couch at the living room, drinking something that looks like wine based on the colour from a tall glass he recognized as one of his collection.

“Excuse me, but no one sits there,” Hoya said as he put up his usual cold expression. The expression he shows to everyone except to those who are dear to his heart.

“Oh, why?” the lady asked, and Seorin quickly recognized her and she quickly pokes Hoya’s waist.

“Howon oppa, she’s the one who stepped on my notebook this morning!”

“Ah, so you’re the one? First you stepped on her notebook, and then you sit on my spot. You see, I am the only one who can sit there. And you’re using my glass without permission. Even if you asked for permission, I will say no, so now if you please. Apologize to my wife, move to another couch, and return the glass to where it belongs.”

Seorin blinks as she watches Hoya. It has been months since the last time Hoya was this cold. He was really bad tempered and annoying when they first met, but he changed.

And now he’s back to his old self.

He must’ve dislike this lady a lot, Seorin thought.

“Oh hey, welcome home!” suddenly Woohyun appeared from the kitchen.

“Woohyunnie,” the lady suddenly walks to him and hugs his arm, much to Hoya and Seorin’s surprise.

“He asked me to sit on another couch and didn’t let me use the glass,” she said as she plays her finger on Woohyun’s neck.

“Come on, Hoya. Don’t be too harsh on her,” Woohyun said as he turns to face Hoya.

“I’m not used to having strangers touching my belongings,” Hoya said as he grabbed the glass from the lady’s fingers.

“Well, you better get to know her because she will be staying in the mansion starting from now on,” Woohyun smirks as the lady smiles, hugging on his arm even tighter.

“What do you mean?” Hoya asked as Seorin reached for his fingers, trying to calm him down.

“Meet my girlfriend, Lynn,” Woohyun introduced the lady.

 

TBC ~

Dear amazing readers, I am sorry for the late update >< I was busy the whole week, wuu.
The new chapter is here o/ More Seorin x Hoya's moments. And Nara x Sungyeol is progressing as well.
Plus, Lynn is now is in the mansion! More on the stories in the next chapter ^-^ <3


Please, please don't just leave. A few words from you will mean a lot to me ^-^
Happy reading!

Love, PYNK