22 - Don't Leave

Not The Right Cinderella!

Chapter 22

Sunggyu is all ready to go to his father’s company, but for some reason he didn’t feel like going today. He took a seat on his bed, and his hand reached for a drawer of the small table near the bed post.

He opened the drawer and slowly, he took out a hard covered thick book from it.

The cover is white in colour.

“Because it’s your favourite colour!”

It has been four years, but he can still hear that voice clearly.

He flipped open the book, and he took a deep breath upon seeing the first page. There is a cute drawing of a hamster in the middle, and a short handwritten wish.

“For the cutest hamster in the world, Happy Birthday!”

Slowly, he moves his fingers on the handwriting, touching it, reminiscing memories at the same time.

Everything was beautiful and perfect.

“Why does it has to end like this..” Sunggyu whispered to himself and keeps the book back in the drawer.

After a couple of minutes, he stood on his feet and grabbed his case. He walked to the door and opened it, only to find Hoya suddenly running passing his door hugging a pink teddy.

“Hoya, why are you running in the mansion?!” he shouted a bit.

“Sunggyu oppa!”

He quickly turned to the opposite side when he heard Seorin’s voice. He saw her running to him while shouting “Please stop him! He stole my teddy!”

“That voice..”

Seorin was about to run passed the eldest son when Sunggyu suddenly grabbed her arm and forces her to face him.

“Eh?” Seorin is a bit shocked as she was forced to look into the Sunggyu’s eyes.

“Seorin, can you promise me something?” he asked.

Though the grip on Seorin’s arm is a bit tight, his voice is still as gentle as usual.

“Um, promise you what..?” Seorin asked, started to feel uncomfortable.

“To always be here..?”

“Listen to your self, Sunggyu!”

“To never leave the mansion..?” his voice started to shivers as the memory from ‘the day’ started to appear.

The day she left.

“You’re so selfish!”

His grip is tightening on Seorin’s arm, causing the girl to wince a bit in pain.

“If I were to choose, then I’ll choose to leave you..”

Sunggyu still remembers everything she said that day, word by word. She was crying at that time. And she was still crying when she left him.

“To never leave again..?” he continues, and at this point, tears started to pool in his eyes.

“Sunggyu oppa.. what.. what happened?” Seorin asked, panicked.

“Promise me..”

“O-okay, I promise..”

Sunggyu took a deep breath. He feels better when he heard that. Slowly he let go of Seorin’s arm.

“T-thanks.. and sorry, for acting like this,” he apologized, and without looking at the girl, he quickly made his way down the stairs, heading straight to the mansion’s entrance.

Leaving Seorin dumbfounded.

 

*     *     *

 

It was nearly 10 am, and Woohyun just woke up.

He doesn’t have morning class that day, so he’s just resting on bed.

He was thinking about how he should spend his day today when suddenly his mobile phone beeped, marking the incoming of a new message.

He reached for his phone and sit up at the edge of his bed.

“Hmm..”

The message is from an unknown number.

He slides his finger on the screen to open the new message.

“Hey. Lynn’s here. Just in case you change your mind, this is my number.”

“Gosh~ what a psycho,” he muttered as he throws his phone away.

 

*      *     *

 

Seorin is sitting in the university’s library, doing her assignment. Hyunki and Nara are sitting on her both sides, doing other things.

Although she tried to focus on her assignment, she can’t help but to keep on thinking about Sunggyu earlier.

“Um, guys..” she suddenly spoke. Her tone is low enough not to make noise in the library.

Hyunki looks at her, while Nara is still reading Attack On Titan manga on her phone.

“Sunggyu oppa is acting weird,” she said.

“What do you mean, weird?” Nara asked as she stopped reading.

“This morning, he asked me to promise not to leave the mansion,”

“Oh, wow. Maybe he is liking you?” Hyunki suggested.

“Nah~ how can that be,” Seorin chuckles.

“Well, maybe, he’s .. liking you as his sister in law.” Nara continued.

“But, he.. he asked me not to leave again.. “ Seorin said, and she herself sounds counfused.

“Again..?” Both Nara and Hyunki repeated after her.

“Yes. It is like.. it had happened before,”

“Um, Seorin. Have you ever met him before?” Hyunki asked.

“No. I’m pretty sure I met him for the first time after I met Hoya,” Seorin responded.

Both Nara and Hyunki were just keep quiet and listens to her.

“But, come to think about it, I do think Sunggyu oppa is familiar the first time I met him..”

Her friends were about to ask more when suddenly Hoya stepped into library and shouted.

“Yah Shin Seorin! Why didn’t you pick up your calls!”

He is standing in front of the library entrance, and his voice can be heard to the every corners of the every corner of the library.

Seorin is so shocked she choked on her breath.

She quickly get her phone in her bag, and she saw 31 misscalls on the screen, and all of them from the same person.

Her husband.

“Why are you shouting! This is the library!” Seorin responded, shouting at the same time.

“Look who’s talking,” Hoya chuckles as he walks to her.

Seorin can’t help but to notice that right at that moment, almost all pairs of eyes in the library are on her.

“Let’s go,” Hoya said as he made Seorin stands on her feet.

“To where?” Seorin asked as Hoya dragged her by her arm. Gently.

“Lunch!” Hoya responded, and everyone started to whispers.

“So what we read in Maximum is true!”

“Are they together?”

“But I like him so much, let me die!”

“Why her, though?”

“I heard Seorin is an orphan..”

Upon hearing that, Seorin stops her steps abruptly.

Hoya, who happened to had accidentally heard it, stops as well. He turns to Seorin and found her already looking into his eyes.

“What is wrong with being an orphan..?” she asked, and Hoya can see that she is really hurt by the talkings just now.

“Nothing is wrong with that. I’m an orphan too,” he replied as he smiles. He took Seorin’s hand in his and pull her closer to him.

“I lost my mom long ago, and as for my father, let’s just say I don’t even care if he exist or not. So we’re even,” he chuckles a bit and plants a kiss on Seorin’s forehead, much to her surprise, and everyone else in the library as well.

“She’s really a lucky Cinderella,” Nara muttered and Hyunki nodded, smiling.

Seorin smiles a bit and muttered a soft thanks, that can only be heard by Hoya.

Hoya then turns to a girl hiding in the crowd. The girl quickly hides his camera in her bag as soon as she realized she is spotted by Hoya.

“You’re a reporter from Maximum right?” Hoya asked with a stern voice, causing the girl to lose her ability to speak.

“Shin Seorin is my wife. We are married. Remember to write this in the next issue of Maximum,” Hoya smirks as he hugged Seorin’s waist and walked her out of the library. For the first time, the university’s library is noisy.

 

TBC~

 

Hello readers!

I am so sorry I was really busy last week.
I didn’t get to write anything at all ><
Anyway, here’s the new chapter <3
I hope you guys will like it and keep on supporting NTRC!

Don’t just leave, a couple of words from you will definitely motivate me ^-^

 

p/s : The family conversation will be back in the next chapter, keke.
p/s again : From now on I will reply all comments personally in the comments section ^-^

 

Love,
PYNK