25 - The Library

Not The Right Cinderella!

Chapter 25 : The Library

 

Woohyun is sitting on his bed, alone.

His right hand is holding a tall glass, and slowly he took a sip of his lemon juice.

His brain is working hard. He feels really confused if he is on the right track or not. He wonders if bringing Lynn into the mansion is the right thing to do.

“But I just can’t stand seeing Hoya being so happy,” he whispered more to himself, and the incident just now makes him even angrier with that step brother of his.

 

*** flashback
 

“Meet my girlfriend, Lynn,” he introduces the lady to both Hoya and Seorin.

Hoya smirks and looks away, while Seorin is acting awkward. As much as she wants to feel happy both Woohyun and Lynn, but when she remembers how rude Lynn was towards her earlier, she can’t helped but to dislike her.

“Ah.. congratulations!” somehow she managed to fake a happy expression on her face, which caused Lynn to hate her even more.

“Don’t congrats them, they’ll break up really soon,” Hoya said as he walks to the stairs, dragging Seorin with him.

“Don’t say that, oppa~” Seorin said slowly as she follows her husband.

“What did you mean by that,” Woohyun asked as he stopped Hoya by grabbing Seorin’s from him. That act of his caused Hoya to turned to face him quickly and gave him a push on his chest.

“Don’t touch her ,” Hoya hissed as took Seorin’s hand in hers.

“Explain what you said just now, then,” Woohyun asked, trying to control his anger.

“What is new in you having girlfriends? You have like, ten at a time. That’s what I meant,” Hoya responded. Seorin looks at him and she must admit she doesn’t like this side of Hoya.

“And what does that has anything to do with you?”

“I only said that the two of you will break up soon, as usual, that’s all,” Hoya said as he climbed the stairs with Seorin in her arms.

 

“I really hate you, Hoya,” Woohyun whispered to himself.

 

*     *     *



“What was that?” Seorin asked as she jumps on Hoya’s bed.

“What was what?” Hoya asked as he took a seat at the edge of his bed.

“You were so angry just now..” Seorin said as she slowly crawls to her husband and sits properly besides him. Hoya said nothing but only let out a heavy sigh.

Seorin looks at her and slowly cups Hoya’s cheeks, leaving him no choice but to look at her.

“Do you know that you are really charming? No matter what you did, you’re just.. charming,” Seorin chuckles a bit as pink blushes started to stain her cheeks. Hoya, on the other hand, almost choked on his own breath as he listened to Seorin.

“But when you smile, when you’re caring and nice, I love that side of you the most,” Seorin continues and she gave Hoya’s right cheek a kiss.

Both of them stared into each other’s eyes for a few seconds before Seorin quickly let go of Hoya’s face and runs to the door.

“Byeee!” she shouted as she stepped out of Hoya’s room and slam the door, causing Hoya to laugh.

“Yah, Rin!” he called for her as he opens the door and finds that Seorin is still in front of his room.

“I need to tell you something,” he said as he took Seorin’s hand in his.

“Um..?” Seorin looks at him. Not knowing why, she is wondering if Hoya is going to confess right now.

“I have to go to Vegas tomorrow. There’s a meeting with one of the stockholders, and Father said I should go this time since Sunggyu hyung and Woohyun hyung went to Vegas numerous times already. I’ll be there for three days,”

Seorin pouts as she heard what he said. She is a little disappointed that Hoya still dindn’t confess to her, and she is sad since she won’t be seeing Hoya for three days because of the trip.

“Go then,” she responded, still pouting.

“Will you come with me?”

 

*     *     *

 

Woohyun was about to fall asleep when suddenly he heard someone is knocking on his door.

“Come in,” he said as he knew most likely it will be Sunggyu. Other won’t even try to disturb him at night.

And he is right when the eldest opened the door and stepped in.

“What is it that you can’t wait till tomorrow to talk about?” Woohyun asked as he looks at Sunggyu.

“Explain the stranger,” Sunggyu asked, and he doesn’t sound pleased to have Lynn in the mansion. He just got home and heard about the new guest from Myungsoo.

“She’s my girlfriend,” Woohyun responded lazily.

“You have like tons of girlfriends, and you never bring any of them home. So why her?” Sunggyu asked again as he sensed something is fishy with Woohyun.

“Why can’t I bring her home? You let Seorin in so easily,” Woohyun started to get annoyed.

“Seorin is our family. She’s Hoya’s wife,” Sunggyu explained his stand.

“Wife, yeah. I bet my whole fortune, hyung. There must be a contract or something between those two,” Woohyun smirks, which surprised Sunggyu a little bit.

“What do you mean..?” he asked.

“I don’t know, hyung. But I know both of them are hiding something from us, and I will find out what and why,” Woohyun responded as he lay down on his bed.

“Why are you doing this..?”

“Because I hate him. I can’t stand watching him happy,” Woohyun said as he turns the other way.

“Why? I know Hoya is annoying sometimes, but so do you. Both of you are equally ill-mannered, so I don’t see any reason for you to hate him,” Sunggyu said as he took a seat on the single couch besides the bed.

Woohyun says nothing.

He believes he has a strong reason to hate Hoya, but he knows Sunggyu will never understand.

“Woohyun?” Sunggyu called for his name when the other guy was in silent for quite sometimes.

“I want the library,” Woohyun suddenly said, changing the topic.

“No, you don’t want it. There’s nothing in the library!” Sunggyu said, slowly losing his patience.

“So why do you want it too?” Woohyun asked as he changes his position and sits properly, looking into Sunggyu’s eyes.

“Because of the bedtime stories Mom told us every night before! There are always treasures in the library! Whoever wins in the stories get the library! And whenever there are monsters attacking the mansion, the library is the only place can protect us! The bedtime stories made the library sounds special! Unlike other kids who have their parents by their sides as they grow up, we only have the bedtime stories! And the library appears in all bedtime stories Mom told us. I don’t know about you and Hoya, but I grew really fond of the library because of these silly reasons..” Sunggyu finished his explanation, trying hard to shout at Woohyun.

Woohyun, on the other hand, is staring at his toes. He understands everything Sunggyu said just now really well. Yes, all three of them know there’s nothing special with the library. But more than anything, it has the biggest sentimental values ever to the three of them. It is just a place that occupied their minds the most since forever. For other kids, their special dream place would be a palace or a castle, where kings and queens lived in. Where everyone woke up with luxurious breakfast and tons of delicious food to chew on. But for Woohyun, Sunggyu and Hoya, it will always be the library. Because Mom said the library is the best place in the whole world. Mom is the kindest person all of them ever met, and they know she is telling the truth.

“Those are not.. silly reasons..” Woohyun muttered. Not knowing why, his eyes started to get all teary. Carefully, he is trying to control his emotions. He won’t let anyone see his tears just because of this ‘the library’ talk.

“Bedtime stories, are bedtime stories, Woohyun. Let it go. You don’t need the library,” Sunggyu said as he stood up on his two feet.

“I still want it,” Woohyun responded, not looking at the eldest anymore.

“I just don’t understand you! It’s like you’re doing this on purpose just to annoy our brother!”

“Yes, I am doing this on purpose. And he is not my brother!” Woohyun hissed.

“But- but why, Woohyun? Why is it so important for you to take the library from him?”

It is then when Woohyun turns to him as he stands.

“Because the library makes him happy! Because the library makes him smile! I can’t stand his happiness! I don’t want him to be happy!”

His raised his voice for the first time at Sunggyu, and Sunggyu is more the surprised.

“And why is that? Why did you hate him so much?”

“Because Mom loves him more than me!”

And for the first time in so many years, Sunggyu saw pearls on his brother’s cheeks.

 

TBC ~

Annyeong, readers!
The new chapter is here o/ Tell me what you think about this chap!
Don't just leave! A few words from you will really motivate me ^-^
I will try to update really soon, most likely by Wednesday. Nghee.

Much love,
PYNK