Chapter 36

Crush

Thank you for subscribing: asadsd100, sone1225, qqwatwatqq, Kpop_09, CSY_shikshin, eyesmileHwang, km3bty, Morgane_blackjack21, cookymus, xperia, & ItzBree!

____

{36}

 

It felt good to have my siblings know about me. It felt good to have Xiumin know I love Tiffany. It felt good to love Tiffany in the way I wanted to love her. It felt good to be closer with Jessica. Everything felt good, everything felt great. That is, until I had to write my poem about the passing school year as if they were a person. The first person that came to mind was Tiffany. I know it was a poem to the year but I felt like Tiffany perfectly portrayed it. Every bump in the road, obstacle, beautiful moment, frustrating night, contradicting feeling I felt with school I also felt the same thing when I thought of my best friend. So, as everyone else struggled to think of the year as a person, I poured my heart to Tiffany using the assignment as a shroud. “Writing about the same person?” Xiumin guessed as he sat with me at my desk and I looked up with a slight nod. “Can I see?” he held out his hand. I wasn’t near halfway done but I was quite content with what I had written so far and I gave it over. I took a look at his expression, but once again, he only expressed himself after reading. “That’s amazing.”

“Thanks, I just think of this person…and everything just comes out,” I shrugged. Even if I was writing acceptable work, I went back along the year and opened up little scars and wounds in order to express myself naturally. Every emotion I ever felt I wanted to show it in my writing.

“She’s a lucky girl, Taeyeon,” Xiumin whispered and I smiled a little, turning back to write.

“Nah, I’m pretty lucky too,” I said and let the pencil ride its way throughout the paper.

I couldn’t work on my poem efficiently with Tiffany hanging around so I kept the paper in my backpack. For some reason she’s been hanging around during family times very often, such as during dinner and such. Whenever my parents or grandparents were around she would even pay attention during studying a little better. I was interested in why she was acting the way she was, but I kept mum and studied while I could. I kind of enjoyed the time I wasn’t thinking about our relationship, the simplicity of being together was bliss in itself. “TaeTae, can you get my Coke over there?” Tiffany asked, mulling over her math notes and I stood up to grab the cooled can on the other side of the coffee table.

“You gotta stop drinking Coke, you’re gonna get sick if you keep it up,” I advised as she took a long gulp which probably finished it off.

“Whatever, you still gave it to me,” she grinned and I sighed.

“Because you know I can’t turn you down,” I mumbled and she giggled, smiling extra brightly tonight.

“I love you,” she cooed and pecked my cheek, causing me to smile goofily.

“I love you too.” It became easier to express my feelings; I realized that there were some people who could see through me and others who couldn’t. Tiffany seemed to be like someone who didn’t.

“Mm, you better,” she smirked and wrapped her arms around my neck, leaning her head on my shoulder. My hand s its way around her waist as I held her close to me and it wasn’t long until I felt her slow steady breaths against my neck. Ai, seriously Tiffany? Is this the game you want to play? I leaned forward and closed the books without dropping Tiffany’s head before returning to my original spot. My free hand gently the back of her right and I kissed her head. You must be tired from all that studying you’re not used to.

“Hey Taeng,” Hayeon walked in, speaking quietly as she saw Tiffany lying on my side.

“Hey, can you recycle the cup for me?” I pointed and my younger sister grabbed the empty can. “Thanks.”

“Tiffany’s staying over again? Doesn’t she have her own home?” Hayeon inquired and I scoffed. I never understood why my little sister didn’t like Tiffany, it was kind of random.

“Let her stay, I like it when she sleeps over,” I admitted and gently pulled the sleeping girl closer to me. I can totally go to sleep like this.

“Hey, Tiffany’s a girl,” Hayeon stated in a completely obvious tone and I stretched my neck to look behind me.

“Yeah, and the books are on the table, are we done stating the obvious?” I raised an eyebrow and Hayeon walked over so I could face her properly.

“Don’t you like girls?” she raised an eyebrow, her voice just below a whisper, and I glared at her. Don’t get smart on me now, Hayeon.

“Go to sleep, Yeonie,” I grumbled and she held up her hands, walking back to her room without another word. I looked over at Tiffany and kissed her head. I don’t like girls, I just love you.

I woke up with Tiffany gone and the sun flashed in my eyes. Is it Friday? But then I remembered it was Saturday now, meaning, in a couple days I would have to start testing for finals. I looked around and brushed my hair with my fingers as I searched for Tiffany’s presence. Wasn’t she here last night? The table was cleaned of both my stuff and Tiffany’s so I assumed she was still around. I stood up and walked over to the fridge, immediately finding an omelet with saran wrap and a sticky note. I took out the plate and read the sticky. TaeTae~, ur parents wanted to go 2 church but I didn’t want to wake u up. Ur dad made this, don’t worry, we’ll be back at 10. Love you Bae~ <3 I smiled a little at the note and folded it up into my pocket before heating up the omelet to eat. My dad always made good food and today was no exception. I noticed that this time my father gave me a lot of ham and bell peppers even if he was strict about what I ate and didn’t like bell peppers. He must be in a good mood. “What’s Tiffany doing at church with my family?” I asked myself, suddenly realizing that she was with them. Again, she has been spending an awful amount of time with not just me but my family members. By the time I finished eating, the others had come home from church.

“Taeng! You’re up!” Jiwoong waved, dressed in a light blue button up and khakis.

“Mm, I just ate,” I chuckled and slipped my plate in the sink. Tiffany then bounced up from behind me and gave me a tight hug from behind, letting me feel her smile on my neck. I melted a little bit.

“Did you enjoy your breakfast?” she asked and I nodded, looping my arms around her own body. “Are you tired? Hungry? Do you want to eat anymore?” she questioned and moved her arms so they wrapped around my neck. I chuckled and turned around to face her, immediately, I just rested my arms on her waist without another thought.

“No, I’m okay, Hun,” I grinned and she leaned her forehead against mine. Suddenly I registered just how fast my heart was beating and how close she was to feeling it. Pull away. I stepped back, out of her arms, and patted down my red cheeks.

“I thought I was going to have to break you guys up, stupid married couple,” Hayeon said, passing by me, and I blushed even more.

“Shut up Hayeon.”

I was dragged out of the house not an hour later by Tiffany to go to the mall and get our minds off of studying. I was glad she didn’t hear what Hayeon had said, or at least didn’t react to it. With my wallet in my pocket and Tiffany’s hand holding mine I felt like we went into every store at the mall. I was beginning to get tired with the amount of clothes the two bags in my hands were gathering. “Yah, Fany-ah, can you hold up for a second? My wallet is getting awfully light,” I warned her and she turned back, grinning. She quickly came back and wrapped her arm around my neck, leaning on me which did not help with my slowly fatiguing body.

“You know I love buying things!” she said excitedly and I rolled my eyes. It’s been a while since I went out shopping with Tiffany, but she did in fact love it. “Besides, not all of it is mine, I picked out some stuff for you too,” she added and I furrowed my eyebrows.

“You did?” I asked and she nodded happily.

“I like dressing you, it makes me feel good,” she smiled and I felt my lips curve up a little bit.

“Why?” I wondered and she leaned a little closer.

“That’s for me to know and for you to find out,” she teased and I sighed as she ran ahead, leaving me wondering and standing in my place. I groaned a little bit and set down the bags in order to regain my strength. Aish, Tiffany and her shopping.

“Taeng?” I glanced up and saw a familiar blonde smiling at me.

“Hey Sica,” I stood up straighter.

“What are you doing with all of those bags?” she chuckled and I sighed.

“I’m shopping with Fany,” I mumbled and she smiled even more, understanding the situation I was in.

“That’s cute, the fact you hold all of her stuff,” she complimented and for some reason I felt glad.

“I always do, I don’t mind. What are you doing here anyway?” I asked, switching the topic of conversation to her.

“Shopping with my other friends, they ran off into a store I didn’t want to go in,” she shrugged and gestured to a lingerie store behind her. I blushed and looked away. I still got easily uncomfortable, no matter if I’m also a girl or not, I’d probably react the same way. “Why are you blushing like that?” Jessica smirked at me and I nervously brushed my hair back.

“Tae!” I instinctively grabbed the bags and looked to the side where Tiffany walked back to me. She did not look pleased.

“Uh, sorry Fany-ah, I was talking with Sica—.”

“Sica?” Tiffany repeated and I stopped speaking. Oh dear God you’re making this really bad for yourself, Taeyeon. I bit my lip and turned my attention to the floor. But instead of being totally upset, I felt her arm loop into mine. “Jessie, I’m gonna steal Taeyeon now, ‘kay?” it sounded awfully like a command, the way she said it.

“Alright, I’ll see you guys in a couple days,” Jessica responded in an equally icy tone and I followed Tiffany away from that strangling atmosphere. I gulped and finally looked up, only to be met with Tiffany staring straight ahead with a stiff jaw. .

Once we got into my house I let the other girl take the bags up to my room where she stayed quiet. I was kind of worried, because she usually doesn’t stay up in my room alone like that unless she’s truly upset. I waited for an hour to hear something from her before going upstairs and knocking on my own bedroom door. “Fany-ah, can I come in?” I asked softly, hearing a hum of approval inside and I opened up the door. She was curled up in a ball on the center of my bed, her head tucked in between her legs, and I sighed deeply. “Fany-ah, Hun, what are you doing?” I closed the door behind me before crawling onto the bed with her, wrapping my arms around her waist and pulling her into my lap.

“Nothing…” she muttered and I rested my chin on her shoulder, tightening my hold. It felt so good to hug her, I loved the feeling.

“I’m sorry I forgot to follow you and just talked to Jessica,” I mumbled and she hummed again, letting go of her legs and she touched my hand.

“It’s okay…I just got a little overprotective,” she said and I kissed her shoulder, a little daring, but she relaxed.

“I like it when you are,” I smiled and she kissed my head with a gentle smile. I buried my head a little deeper into her shoulder and told myself to calm down.

“You liked your breakfast right?” she suddenly asked and I raised an eyebrow.

“Yeah…?” I replied.

“Good, because I wasn’t sure how it was gonna turn out.”