Chapter 27

Crush

Thank you for subscribing: forever17, MissFaWa, locksmiths4ever, xperia, miharuie, 09SONE09, janesy, Onakvol, RadicalShark, apinklover2013, SONEROYALFAMILYALLY, cimollollol, asdfkryber, BM0910, & rainbowy!

A few quick things: I apologize for not updating in a while, life happens though, and I hope I get to update more regularly, I am grateful for the people who may have worried about me. Also, on a previous chapter, I kinda made a mistake with names >< to those who saw, I can't ask you to forget, but what I do ask of you is to not think badly of this person. You don't know this person, only having insight with this story that might not even be true. Thank you for reading, I'll get to the update now!

____

{27}

 

“Taeyeon, ready for California this week?”

“Psh, it’s this week, Seunghyun. I have to be ready either way,” I scoffed and he shrugged.

“True, you just seem to be off. I don’t want you to be stressed because you always take it out on us,” he noted and I rolled my eyes.

“Thanks for being concerned,” I said sarcastically and he grinned. I’ve been stressing out about everything happening, I couldn’t do anything productively. I haven’t even been able to talk with Tiffany. Out of the corner of my eyes I noticed Jonghyun, and then all of a sudden something flung at me and struck me in the thigh.

“Oh my !” Jiyong covered his mouth and I noticed Jonghyun’s eyes flash pure fear. Initially it hurt, but honestly I was just plain angry right now. I was stressed, and the pain just launched me over the edge. In a second he was gone and I picked up the leather coin bag he had propelled towards me.

“Jonghyun! You little prick get back here!” I barked, causing everyone else in the room to look, but I was focused on the swift drummer.

“I’m sorry! I wanted to hit Seunghyun!” he insisted and I crawled under the xylophone to intercept him.

“Yah! You hit me, I get to hit you back ten times harder!” I grabbed him by the arm and he stiffened up.

“Oh this’ll be fun,” Wooyoung grinned and the other percussionists sat down. I always joke about hitting Jonghyun, yet ever since the 5th grade, I’ve never actually done it.

“Okay, okay, I’ll be a man. Just hurry up,” Jonghyun mumbled and stood as stiff as a rock while I twirled the bag, wondering where to hit the latter. There was no doubt, I’d be even more feared by them, but I was in a bad mood and I needed some sort of release. Jonghyun just happened to anger me at the wrong time. Let’s hit the back. I wound the bag faster and the blonde pressed his lips tighter together. I whacked him on the shoulder blade and his face reddened. “Holy !” he cursed and I tossed him the bag of quarters.

“That sounded like it hurt!” Baekhyun groaned and Jonghyun fell over the latter, pressing his hand against his back.

“Oh God, Taeyeon, that hurts!” he moaned in pain and I smirked.

“Honestly, it didn’t hurt that much at first, but then you just made me so angry!” I confessed and they all stared at me, awestruck.

“Hearing you talk about how angry you are is so scary!” Jonghyun nervously laughed and I grinned again.

“Hey, I’m stressed out, it’s your fault you hit me with a bag of quarters!” I said. That was one of the most interesting starts of my days in a very long time.

I admit I like to focus on Tiffany. I try to keep my mind away, but somehow I always end up going back to her. I smile when I go back to thinking about Tiffany; I like how she can simply make me so happy. During lunch I decided to sit with her and her friends again, of course this time, Nichkhun was nowhere in sight. In fact many of the guys that usually sat with them were gone, but I didn’t mind. I was just glad Tiffany seemed okay with everything going on. “So, TaeTae how’s the practice going in Band? Are you guys okay?” Tiffany asked me, leaning her head on my shoulder and I shrugged slightly.

“Kind of, we have the parts down but we keep screwing up. I don’t think we’ll place,” I said honestly and kissed her head gently.

“Oh, I’m going on the trip too,” Jessica mentioned next to me and I raised my eyebrows. “I’m in the choir.”

“That’s right! The whole music program is going on the trip!” I turned over to the blonde, suddenly feeling excited that she was coming along, and Tiffany jolted in shock next to me. Oh dang, I forgot she was lying on my shoulder! I’ve never done that before, I’ve never moved when Tiffany was lying on me. I looked back and saw a flash of some unknown emotion across her face but it disappeared just as quickly as it came. She said nothing and turned around; leaving me feeling guilty and awkward so I continued to talk with Jessica about the trip that no one else seemed to be going on.

Tiffany and I walked back to my house, after I apologized and she said it was fine. I was still bothered by the fact I let that slip my mind. I never let that happen, I was always concerned when she laid on me. Am I so stressed out about everything that I couldn’t even remember about the girl I love? I didn’t even know who I was going to share a bed with on the trip; the thought of sleeping next to a stranger freaked me out. Not to mention thinking about performing for scores and prizes made my hands shake. I was afraid that I’d be the one person holding us back from placing 1st – 3rd. We entered the house and kicked off our shoes, Tiffany immediately made her way to the couch while I the fridge. “Coke, Hun?” I called, examining the frosted can.

“Please!” she responded and I grabbed two sodas before making my way beside her.

“I’m not allowed to bring my laptop along on the trip so I might not be able to talk to you that often,” I told her as she took a sip. She sighed but shook her head.

“It’s fine, I’m sure you’ll have so much fun,” she smiled gently and patted my cheek. I smiled at her. I wanted to say something about my emotions; I really do, but now was not the time to talk about it. Especially since I was so stressed out, if Tiffany rejected me I wouldn’t know what to do.

“I don’t know if I will, I’ll miss you a lot,” I confessed and she grinned.

“Aw, Baby, I’ll miss you too but you have to perform well and get me stuff from Disneyland,” she smirked and I rolled my eyes playfully.

“Sure, sure I’ll get you something when I’m down there,” I told her and she leaned her head on my shoulder.

“You’re not gonna move away, are you?” she joked and I sighed. I honestly felt guilty.

“I’m still sorry about that,” I said and she wrapped her arms around my stomach, easing my nerves.

“Don’t worry about it! Yeah, I was a bit hurt at first but it’s nothing,” she insisted and kissed my cheek. I smiled again. “As long as you love me.”

“I do, I promise I won’t let it happen again,” I assured and she rested her body on my arm, holding my waist securely. My heart beat heavily against my chest as she tightened her arms around me. I loved the feeling. “Go to sleep, you’re tired.”

“Mm, wake me up when there’s food,” she mumbled and I nodded, kissing her head. If things went well between us, this wouldn’t change would it? This would be how I’d live? I grinned at the thought and kissed her head again. She looked up with cutely wrinkled eyebrows and smiled a little.

“What was that for?” she asked and I shrugged a little, feeling kind of nervous when she suddenly asked.

“I’m just happy right now,” I replied and she smiled wider, giving me that eye smile that never failed to melt my heart. I always thought it was attractive when someone smiled with their eyes, but I’ve yet to see another smile that could kill me like Tiffany’s.

“Same, I haven’t been exactly this happy in a long time…” she sighed, implying her bruised emotions from Nichkhun and I shushed her. I didn’t want to even think about that guy and what he did to my girl.

“I know, just lie down and finish your Coke later. I’ll wait to make you food,” I combed my fingers through her hair and she leaned back onto my shoulder once more. My smile wouldn’t go away.

“Night Bae.”

“Night Hun.”

Staring at Tiffany, napping on the couch, with two unfinished cans of soda and cooking in the kitchen made me feel like such a housewife. I laughed a little at my crazy thinking. Marrying Tiffany? Having a life with Tiffany, outside of school? Outside of friendship? Crazy, crazy thoughts but I couldn’t help but think about them. I was only a teenager, what did I know about eternal love? How did I know that what I feel for Tiffany is real? What if it isn’t? I sighed deeply and shook my head, continuing to fry the rice I had in a pan. I shouldn’t think that way; I’m in love with Tiffany. It’s something different, something amazing. I grinned some more as I shoveled the fried rice into bowls. Hayeon and Jiwoong were in their rooms, probably sleeping. My grandparents were out, probably at the casino. My uncle, aunt, and baby cousin left the house, probably still awake in their own home. My parents hadn’t come home yet, probably still at work. It was just Tiffany and I, but it was probably better that way. I walked back to the couch with the steaming hot bowls and poked Tiffany’s ribs. She frowned and moaned. “Wake up, Babe,” I said and she shifted positions, not wanting to get up. I shook my head and leaned down, kissing her head. “Fany-ah, I made food, and unless you want me to eat it all, wake up,” I threatened and she pushed me back, crinkling her eyebrows and stretching.

“What’d you make?” she wondered, in her groggy, half-awake voice. The one that sent shivers up my spine.

“Fried rice, no one else is around, so eat,” I handed her a bowl and she ate happily. I smiled at her, somehow finding it easy to smile. “Careful, it’s hot.”

“No Sherlock,” she replied with a mouth full and I scoffed. “It’s good though, I think I’m gonna stay the night so you can make me breakfast in the morning,” she smirked and I rolled my eyes.

“I only cook for you when I feel like it you know,” I reminded.

“Whatever, you know you have that soft spot for me,” she poked my chest, approximately where my heart was, and it lurched unexpectedly. Oh damn, that stupid little soft spot.

“Just eat so we can go to bed,” I shoved her with my foot and she shoved me back, harder.

We never did finish eating dinner; we crash studied for an English test and then Tiffany dragged me out to watch a 9 o’ clock showing of Spiderman 2. Even if Andrew Garfield was an actor who would never know Tiffany, it bothered me how much she liked him. I couldn’t even focus for those two hours and twenty-two minutes because of her obnoxious fan-girling. I never truly liked it when she went crazy over guys. So, I was in a bit of a sour mood when we got home, especially since I was tired and it was 11:30 on a school night. I didn’t talk to Tiffany any longer and hit the sack. I wanted to be mad, but I woke up in the middle of the night with the girl’s arms around my neck and mine pulling her by the waist so our bodies pressed together. Stupid sleeping habits. But I didn’t want to wake her up so I didn’t move until the latter woke up and we got ready for school.  I still didn’t say much when I put on my shoes, until I looked up and saw a couple of bare thighs. At first I had to stop my mouth from dropping to the floor, but then I realized she was planning on going to school dressed like that…where anyone could stare at her the way I was. “Tiffany, go put on some longer shorts,” I mumbled and she looked down at me with an eyebrow raised.

“It’s hot out,” she responded curtly and I sighed exasperatedly.

“I’m wearing jeans and a button down, I’m pretty sure you can cover your knees,” I replied and she bit her lip.

“If I don’t change will you keep bothering me about it?” she wondered and I nodded.

“Yes,” I said and she slipped on her converse.

“Then let’s go.”

She was only doing it to make me angry, to make me talk to her, and I felt a little guilty for it. I mean if I didn’t get so childishly upset last night she probably would’ve changed into longer pants. But then again I still felt upset about her refusing to change even if she knew I didn’t like it. It frustrated me. I was still fighting with her until she left for first period, leaving me behind to glare at every guy who suddenly walked behind her. Freaking erts. I ran my fingers through my hair and stomped into Band, to see that the roommate list had already been put up. The other, male, percussionists had decided to be one of the only few rooms with five people in it and we always talked about what would happen to me. I would be sharing a room with three other people, probably people I didn’t know. Until I saw a name next to mine that made me feel a little bit more at ease, for some odd reason.

Jessica Jung Sooyeon.