Only Hope

Angels and Demons

I don’t care if it’s poison, I will gladly take it
No other temptation can be sweeter or stronger than you

The dazzling you swallows all the darkness of the world
And that light blinds me
Any kind of darkness loses its strength in front of you
I only need you

Shine on my path, whether I want it or not, the decision has been made
I will put everything at risk
I will protect you no matter what hardships come
I can’t see anything else but you.

~Last Romeo- Infinite

 

Chapter Twenty Six: Only Hope

 

It can’t be.... Myungsoo thought. As a demon himself, a pretty strong one too, it is kind of impossible to get shot so badly- unless, the bullets are lethal. The only lethal bullets in the entire world that could hurt demons, especially a strong one like Woohyun, would be the bullet known as 'Gemz'.


I thought these bullets no longer exist? Myungsoo thought in disbelief. The person must have been targeting Woohyun from the start since the bullets doesn't hurt the angels. After all, the angels were the ones who created these bullets.

 

In the previous century, the angels created these bullets to kill the demons when the new system was created where demons started hunting angels for their blood. However, the demons outwitted the angels by creating an ultimate bulletproof vest which was strong enough to protect them from getting hurt.



At that time, the rebels formed an army and raid the angel's castle for the bullets and disposed all of them so that the demons would be safe. The creator of the bullets had a horrid death when the leader of rebel found him. That was how the bullets went into extinction.



Myungsoo wondered who were behind this and how did they get hold of these bullets? With an injury like this, Woohyun....he could......he could even die. The bullets were the reason behind of how the demons’ population reduced by almost half.



Only one bullet was needed to kill any demon and that was how deadly the bullet was. It is a miracle why Woohyun is still alive even after getting hit by so many bullets. No doubt, he is one of the strongest Pureblood around…. Myungsoo had no more time to think. He had to take out those poisonous-like bullets within Woohyun.



However, he knew that even if he had the bullets taken out, Woohyun wouldn't recover from the gunshots. There was an extremely high possibility that the strong demon would die. Looking at the way how the angel was so worried, Myungsoo can't seem to bring himself to tell Sunggyu this bad news.

 

Sunggyu's hysterical cries didn't stop and his head was duck in between his knees. Myungsoo shook Sunggyu slightly to inform him that Woohyun was fine for now. Sunggyu could sense that something was not right; Myungsoo didn't give the angel the full assurance he needed.



His fearful eyes looked into Myungsoo's suspicious avoiding eyes. Myungsoo couldn't hide the truth anymore- not when Sunggyu was staring at him. "He is in a critical stage," Myungsoo said softly. Critical stage?..... Sunggyu couldn't believe his ears, how could the almighty demon be in a critical stage? The demon was the strong one, never getting hurt, so why is he even in critical stage.



"Yah....Myungsoo....this is not even funny," Sunggyu said as he doubted Myungsoo’s words. What Myungsoo said sounded more like a joke instead of the truth. The angel realized what Myungsoo said was the truth when Myungsoo returned the angel a sad look.



"W-Will he die?" Sunggyu choked out those words- sounding so foreign in his tongue. How could Woohyun and the word 'die' fit in one sentence? "I don't know, Sunggyu, I'm scared too," Myungsoo whispered in fear. This is too unbelievable.... how is it possible that Woohyun had chances of dying? 



He looked perfectly fine laying on the bed- just that he was slightly pale due to the loss of blood. Nevertheless, he looked normal, especially not like there was a chance he could be dead. I will wake him up... Myungsoo got it all wrong...



Sunggyu cleaned his tears away as he walked forward and shook Woohyun up violently. "Woohyun.....Hyun…….Hyunnie....Wake up," Sunggyu said like how he would normally wake the demon up. However, the sleeping demon didn't even move an inch.



"Hyunnie, wake up, don't joke anymore!!" The angel increased his volume and shook him frantically. "Yahh....wake up, it’s a prank right? I promise not to get angry, just wake up," Sunggyu started to get scared when Woohyun continued to lay on the bed unconscious.



Why wouldn't Woohyun wake up? Maybe this was just a dream, a horrible nightmare…. Sunggyu tried pinching his cheeks- in fact any part of his body to force himself to wake up from this horrible dream. The pain was real and so was the unconscious demon in front of him.



"HYUNNIE YOU BETTER WAKE UP!! STOP ACTING!!" Sunggyu shouted angrily, banging his fists against Woohyun's chest repeatedly. The angel was hoping to wake Woohyun up by showing his anger. Sunggyu knew one of Woohyun's weakest spot was seeing Sunggyu being angry with him. 

 

However, this time round, it was different. The demon didn't response to him and he continued to sleep on the bed in silence. That was when it hits Sunggyu- the cold hard truth was slapped onto his face. His demon was not going to wake up, he might even die.



"Please tell me there is a way to save him, please Myungsoo, please tell me that," he begged Myungsoo to save his lover. Sunggyu started sobbing sorrowfully and uncontrollably. Myungsoo felt so sorry for the angel, looking at the angel brawling crazily next to him. Myungsoo's face was filled with hopelessness, he never felt so useless and helpless in his life.


I will save you Woohyun, you have saved me so many times and I will save you too.... Sunggyu thought, his face filled with determination. 
 



[‘The rare and most wanted Angels were called 'Purest’’........."Purest?"……...‘Yes, the 'Purest' is on the edge of extinction’……...."Why?".........‘The demons- every single one of them lusted for them....the perfect Angel existed- the Angel who could heal all kind of wounds and sickness.’



‘Most importantly, increasing the demon's strength and powers tenfold- making the demon almost unbeatable’……"So, are there anymore 'Purest' around?”……‘Your father is a Purest’……"My father?"........‘Yes, Sunggyu, you too, are one of the last few Purest in the world’]

 

Sunggyu recalled the conversation he had with Sungyeol when he just turned into an angel.



If my blood is the source of your survival, I will give every single drip of my blood to you, as long as you are alive.....even if I were to die. The tattoo on Sunggyu's chest started to change color from black to white, matching his creamy pale skin. 

 

“Myungsoo, there’s a way out for this,” The red head wiped his tears away as he said with a serious look on his face, staring at Woohyun lying lifelessly on the bed. Sunggyu gathered his fists into a tight ball- he had made up his mind. “What are you-” Myungsoo replied, feeling confused but his words were cut off by the angel’s words.


“Use my blood to save Woohyun,” Sunggyu eyes’ were full of determination- as if nothing could stop him. “But-” The grey haired demon retorted back. “I’m a ‘Purest’,” The next words that uttered out from Sunggyu’s mouth had Myungsoo in silence. The grey haired demon could only stare at the angel with his mouth apart, eyes widened in shock.   

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Hello guys!!!! Sorry for the long wait, here's your long awaited chapter!! My job kinda ended and I'm starting to find time to write this fic. Thanks for the wait, poor readers, you guys suffered so much! I will try to update as fast as I can alright? :D I miss you guys so much! Please leave a comment below!!! <3 <3 <3 <3 

Back to the story, WOW OH WOW, GYU IS NOT JUST AN ETHEREAL ANGEL AFTER ALL HUH! HAHAHAHAH. What is gonna happen to Woogyu??? Even this author here, doesn't know! hehehe. 

And guys seriously....250 subbies...I'm crying....T.T....You guys are amazing! <3 Hello to my new readers!!! :)

large.gif

Comments are loved and appreciated! <3 I miss my reader's comments! <3 <3 <3 <3 

25227612.gif

//gifs are not mine and credits belongs to their respective owners//