The Chaser

Angels and Demons

 

Don’t be sorry, you can abandon me spitefully and leave
If that’s what you want, yeah, good bye
But that doesn’t mean I have given up too
My love wins
Even if you’re ahead for a bit, I will catch up

Forget it, I knelt down and beat my heart that paused in front of the words of separation
Go away, I drag myself, who is burnt with sadness that is like rotton firewood
Why is your cooled heart making my heart race and wander every day?
I’m calling you, making myself stronger with love

Narrow the streets so I can catch you
I will risk everything to find my person

Yes, I tried to cast you out with a spiteful heart as I trampled on my instincts
My obsession toward you became faint
And I’m calling it all love once again
Again today, I can’t let you go or cut you out
As if I’m possessed, I chase after you, who is filled in my eyes

~The Chaser- Infinite

 

“You can go ahead and run, I will be there to chase you- even if it brings me to Hell.”

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Chapter Eleven: The Chaser


“Sunggyu!” Sungyeol’s voice resonated through the empty apartment as he searched for Sunggyu. It was weird that the red head was not on his bed and it was too early for him to be awake. Sungyeol searched all the rooms in the apartment for Sunggyu but, he was nowhere to be found.


Feeling annoyed, the tall angel slumped onto Sunggyu’s bed as he looked at the warm burst of lights on top of him. He stretched his tired and long arms, accidentally hitting the side table beside his bed.


“Ouch!” The lanky angel hissed in pain as he glared childishly at the side table. At that moment, he noticed a letter on the table. Sungyeol’s eyebrows narrowed at the sight of the strange letter lying on the table.


His strong curiosity won him over as he stretched and reached out for the letter. To his surprise, the letter was actually for him. It seemed like Sunggyu did write a letter to inform him where he went. Sungyeol was dying with curiosity and he tore open the letter without hesitation.


‘Sungyeol, even though this period was short, you had done your best- supporting and helping me through this toughest time of my life.


You have done so much more than my cousin- I’m so lucky to have a cousin like you. I cannot always be hiding away- I’m not that kind of person. The trainings that I had with the two strong Sunbaes, I had learned well and I’m thankful towards them.


I wish I had more time to know you better. But, there are things that need to be done no matter how hard it is- things that I can’t let go so easily.


Now that I’m stronger, there is something I need to accomplish. Don’t worry, I will be back when I’m done, I hope you would understand. Thank you for everything you have done for me.  


-Sunggyu’


After reading the letter, Sungyeol dashed out of the house. Sungyeol had noticed Sunggyu’s strange behavior but, he would never have imagined Sunggyu to leave. It was true that ever since Sunggyu met with Woohyun, two months ago, Sunggyu was thrown into a mess. Sunggyu refused to eat and cried for at least one full week.


However, after the first week, it was as if Sunggyu was determined to forget Woohyun, he stuffed himself with food- lots of food. Sungyeol will never forget how shocking it was when Sunggyu came to the lanky man with a determined look on his face, forcing Sungyeol to teach him how to fight.


The tall angel was caught by surprise, nevertheless still taught Sunggyu basic combat moves. The lanky angel was glad as learning to fight was good defense for a weak and ethereal angel like Sunggyu.


Training Sunggyu was easier than what Sungyeol had thought as Sunggyu learned things really fast. With his strong determination, he managed to outshine most newborn angels just like him. By the end of the second week, he was able to master all the combat moves which Sungyeol took at least two months to learn. Sunggyu was definitely a talented angel.


After a month passed, Sunggyu constantly pestered Sungyeol to teach him how to control and use his powers. With Sunggyu being an extremely fast learner, Sungyeol gave in and brought him to train under two experienced angels. The two angels were the last few purebloods around with powerful skills and incredible good powers.


Sunggyu trained hard under the two strong and invincible angels and came back to the apartment, looking drained and worn out for the entire month. Sungyeol’s heart broke at how tough and tiring it was for Sunggyu and almost blamed himself for putting him under the guidance of two of the strongest angels in Eplis. However, Sunggyu always ensured the tall angel that he was doing fine and was thankful to have such wonderful and patient Sunbaes training him.


Just exactly two days ago, the two unbeatable trainers even told Sungyeol that Sunggyu was getting stronger and was learning exceptionally well. If he continued learning under their guidance, he could even beat the both of them one day. The only thing Sunggyu had to improve on was his speed and other than that, he was exceling well in controlling and using his powers.


Sungyeol had a bad intuition that something was going to happen to the reckless red head. The tall angel was extremely worried for Sunggyu’s safety and contacted the two trainers for help. The trainers were shocked by the Sunggyu’s sudden disappearance and they still agreed to help without a second thought. After all, the two trainers didn’t want to lose their most precious and talented disciple who they adored dearly.


Haahhh….hah…. Sunggyu panted heavily as he continued to climb to the top of the mountain. The only way that he could get to the other side to Eplis- known as Hell, was to cross this humongous mountain. He haven’t learned how to teleport yet because teleportation was the last skill to be taught- being one of the hardest skills.


However, even if he had learned teleportation, it cannot be applied in his case- It was impossible to teleport to Hell from Heaven. Teleportation can only work in the human world or within a region- Heaven or Hell.


The mountain was the barrier that anyone had to cross regardless of the skills one had. Teleportation only works when one think of the exact destination. The image in their mind must be extremely accurate and not just a small imagination of the destination.


Sunggyu was almost reaching the top of the mountain. He could already feel the vast difference between Heaven and Hell. Sunggyu reached his hands and grabbed onto the rock above him- the last one before he reached the top. He took a sharp intake of breath as he stood up, tall above the mountain. He felt so proud of himself for reaching the top of the mountain on his own.


Sunggyu stood high up above the mountain as he easily differentiated Heaven and Hell. The eerie, creepy and devil looking Hell was on his left side, filled with endless darkness, wind howling as he felt the strong gust of wind blew across him- threatening to send him off his feet.  


Whereas, the pure glow and warm bright lights were on his right side and the comforting warmth was radiating towards him- as if it were calling him to return back to Heaven. Sunggyu stood in the center and he never felt so conflicted in his life- a part of him, probably his angel side, begged him to return to Heaven, where he would be safe and sound.


However, his desperate and longing side, which had been ignored and growing since two months ago, reminded him the motive of his whole journey. Sunggyu clucked his tongue, his lips as he gave a bitter smile.

 

I guess it’s time I do what I have to do…….Woohyun, I told you that you can’t run away from me…….I will chase you right into Hell even if I have to………


With his last thought, he stretched his fingers to feel the last burst of warmness emitted from the bright lights before turning to the left side, shivering slightly from the cold air and threw himself off the mountain. 

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: THE UPDATE IS FINALLY HERE! Which also means that my weekends are here! I just had my first week of intern (so tired that I just slump on my bed everyday) Oh and look there, a cliffie. Opps.... :/ I guess you have to wait for the next weekend when I'm free again. Hehehehe. And yeap, Gyu being the chaser. And honestly, The Chaser is really one of my favourite songs!!!!! :D

Okay anyways, THANK YOU READERS FOR YOUR SUPPORT (IT MEANS A LOT!!!) PLEASE CONTINUE TO SUPPORT THIS FIC! :)

So, please upvote, subscribe (welcome new readers! :D) and comments (it makes my day)! :))))

And all I can say about this story is that the drama is about to start (actually honestly, the drama started since like what chapter 2?) HAHAHAHAHA. 

Yeap, this is honestly one of my fav chapts that i wrote and i have absolutely no idea why? Hehehehe. 

Support my another ongoing fic with my friend! :D >>>>The Survivors<<<<

LOVE YOU ALL READERS (MY FAV PEOPLE ON EARTH BECAUSE YOU ALL SUPPORT THIS TOTALLY LAME STORY THAT I CREATED AND DOESN'T MAKE ANY SENSE)