Prologue

Angels and Demons

Prologue

 

 

I wanna hide the truth, I wanna shelter you, but with the beast inside, there's nowhere we can hide. No matter what we breed, we still are made of greed, this is my kingdom come, this is my kingdom come.

Curtain’s call, is the last of all, when the lights fade out, all the sinners crawl.
So they dug your grave, and the masquerade will come calling out, at the mess you’ve made.
Don’t wanna let you down, but I’m hell bound, though this is all for you.

They say it’s what you make, I say it’s up to fate.
It’s woven in my soul, I need to let you go.
Your eyes, they shine so bright, I wanna save that light.
I can’t escape this now, unless you show me how.

When you feel my heat, look into my eyes, it's where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Don't get too close, it's dark inside, it's where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.

- Demons by Imagine Dragon 

 

 

 

They told me I was an angel, I laughed it off.
They told me I was pure, I didn’t believe.
I’m not perfect, nice and beautiful enough to be an angel.
What are they talking about? I don’t understand.

Those dark eyes, they taunt me whenever I see them.
They told me to stay away from him, I didn’t listen.
They told me he was a demon- a horrifying devil, I ignored.
They told me I would die under his hands, he would kill me for my blood, I turned away.


How could they ask me to stay away from someone who I trusted and have been with me, my whole life?

 

But one day, like a dream, my wings appeared.
The wings burst out of my back, it was painful, I screamed in agony.
If pain was what needed to be an angel, I would rather stay human.
When I saw those wings, it was beautifully pure and white- like how I was meant to be.
All of the sudden, pain no longer exists and my mind was clear- like I was reborn.
On second thought, if being an angel would make me feel so peaceful- I don’t mind the pain that comes along.

 

He turned away from me; he told me he was afraid.
What was he so afraid of? I would never hurt him.
He says it’s not me he was afraid; it’s himself.
His teary eyes, still etched in my mind.
His last soft kiss on my forehead, still lingers.
His last goodbye- it shattered my heart.
The beautiful white wings still glowed as bright as ever- I wanted to tear them apart.
At that moment, I never hated being an angel so much.
If being an Angel would cause me to lose him, I would rather die. 
If going against the light and following into the abyss of darkness was what I needed to be with him, I will follow him- even if it kills me.

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Okay, this story is kind of inspired by the song I'm hooked on recently and also because i have a thing for angels/demons stuff. But, yes i wrote the angel part myself so the demon part is based on the song 'demons' by imagine dragon. Hahahah. So, just leaving you people with the prologue (Which isn't really one) before i take a long time to start this story. Anyways, this prologue is the point of view of the Angel and Demon- go go go guess who is the angel and who is the demon. hehehe. Go view, subscribe, upvote and comment on my ongoing  FIC before i continue on this one. And subscribe to this fic too! :)

AND NOT FORGETTING HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!! <3 <3 <3 :) :D