The Untold

Heart Breaker

Chapter 9: The Untold

---------------------------------------

 

The whole car ride was silent. No one spoke one word. The atmosphere was very tensed.

   'Why did I even agree to go somewhere with strangers I just met?' Youngmin thought. He tried occupying himself by looking out the window. Car after car he looked around continuing to study the unknown streets, being precaution about his surroundings. He saw as the snow on the ground began to disappear; being able to see the sidewalks clearly. The sky was was basically covered in dark grey clouds. It was a dark and gloomy feel. Adrenaline rushed through his veins as the car parked. The car door opened meaning that it's time to exit the car and enter the house. It was the moment of truth.

Youngmin looked around the area. He could tell that Kwangmin was pretty wealthy judging on the size of his house. Kwangmin smirked, "Make yourself at home." He said.

  Youngmin sat on one of the couches in the living room. He watched as Kwangmin disappeared up the stairs. Youngmin then turned to Donghyun. Donghyun scattered his books all over the place; papers, pencils, pens, high lighters and textbooks surrounding himself. Youngmin sat there twiddling his thumbs trying to kill time.

"Who do you live with?" Donghyun asked.

Youngmin looked over to see Donghyun still focused on his work. "My mother," Youngmin simply replied.

"Ah I see.. No father?" Donghyun again asked.

"No," To be honest Youngmin's mother never said anything about a his father. He practically grew up without knowning his father's name or anything. He lived unknown of his own dad. The only thing he remembers is his mom explaining to him that his father left her. No questions asked after that.

"Oh interesting.. sorry for interrogating you, it's just weird you know?" Donghyun said. He pushed his notebook aside, meeting eyes with Youngmin, managing to take a seat beside him, "Kwangmin doesn't have a mom, you don't have a dad... you guys look exactly a like- hey when's your birthday?"

"April 24,"

"That's Kwangmin's birthday!!" Donghyun exclaimed. "Well what I'm trying to say is, what if- maybe- uhm.. er, do you think you both could be twins?"

   Youngmin's eyes widened. Was this a possibility that Kwangmin and Youngmin could be twins? The question kept repeating thoroughly through his mind. 'Twins? Twins.. Twins!!' His mind was as if it was a volcano ready to erupt. He didn't understand what he got himself into. All this was just a pure coincidence he told himself. Kwangmin would be back any second and Youngmin would have to come up with an excuse to leave.

  A slam of a door; footsteps leading down the staircase was heard. Youngmin and Donghyun turned their head expecting to see Kwangmin. Wrong.

"Kwangmin, where have you been? I had to attend another meeting without you. When are you ever going to show up, huh?" It was Kwangmin's father and there was no doubt in that. "What's wrong Donghyun? You look like you've seen a ghost?" Donghyun closed his mouth and slightly shook his head. You could tell he was debating whether to tell Kwangmin's father that he was mistaking his son for someone else.

"Dad, you ran out of bar soap in the bathroom- oh.." Kwangmin's voice trailed off. Kwangmin had a towel around his neck, he was wearing a white v-neck and a pair of grey sweats. Kwangmin looked at Youngmin completely forgetting about the fish he caught.

"Kwangmin," His father said. His voice was loud, fully making eye contact with his son. The rage in his eyes disappeared. He looked over to Youngmin, "Youngmin..." he said in a soft murmur, it was only loud enough for him to hear. He moved closer to Youngmin, looking at him directly in the eyes- not breaking eye contact. He embraced the boy. Wrapping his arms around the boy. "Youngmin, you're back..." Finally he pulled away. Their father's mind was everywhere. 'I'm going crazy.'

"You mean.." Kwangmin moved over beside Youngmin, "We're.. twins?" Their voices became one in unison said Youngmin and Kwangmin.

  Anger started to built up inside of Kwangmin, anger and happiness mixing in with each other. Kwangmin looked away from Youngmin's gaze, "Where's your mom?"

"Our mom is at home," Youngmin said. He looked at his father. After 18 years of not knowing who he is, he saw him right before his eyes. He didn't know how to talk to him, how interact with him or anything. Youngmin just looked at him. Sitting on the couch beside Kwangmin he spoke again, "Why did you leave her?"

"I beg your pardon?"

Donghyun looked at the three, "Uhm my mom called me, I need to... go," he lied. Donghyun quickly left the Jo's residents, now leaving the three men alone for a serious talk. 'Oh boy..'

  Youngmin stood up, "Why did you leave her? Leave us.. Do you know how hard it was for us to live? Sometimes we would go nights without eating. Umma, would have three jobs, just so that we could live a decent life. That's why we moved back here. I was hoping I would be able to find you somehow, just to get some facts figured. Now I'm here, finding out that I have a brother I was never even told about," Youngmin let out a sigh, he landed on his knees kneeling infront of his father and brother. "Forgive me.. We just met and I- I don't know, I've seen my mother- our mother struggle enough."

"You're telling me that our mom didn't abandon me, but our dad left you?" Kwangmin retorted. Kwangmin looked at his father, "What really happened, huh dad?"

   Their father took a seat. He pulled Youngmin up from his knees and made Kwangmin sit down on the couch. He looked at his two sons, "Your mother and I were still young when we had you. We were happy, but it was too much. Sleepless nights, screaming at each other was a hassle. We were hurting each other. We just didn't get along. So we decided that when you two were born, we'd spilt you up and go our separate ways. Min went to America and I stayed here."

"Min? Is that her name?" Kwangmin asked. "So you're meaning to tell me- no us, that you were hiding from one another? How long did you think you could play this little hid and seek game? Forever?" Kwangmin said his last words and stormed out of the house taking only a sweater with him. Kwangmin hopped on his motorcycle and left without saying where he was going.

"Where's Minyoung-ah?" His dad asked.

"At home," Youngmin replied.

"Let me go get her and talk to her about this,"

"Don't bother," Youngmin went to put on his shoes, "If anything I think you need to look after yourself and your son, and by son I mean Kwangmin-ssi. I can take care of my mom myself. Thanks Mr. Jo," Youngmin bowed his head.

"You can call me dad," "I'm sorry .. but I prefer to call you Mr. Jo," Youngmin took one last glance at his father and left him alone.

 

---------------------------------------

aha! double update ~^^ just because your authors love you. 

well the moment of truth huh? Yes, yes your predictions about the twins may have been true ~

alrighty then, don't forget to comment down below and subscribe incase you haven't yet. 

With love xx, your authors