Say Something

Heart Breaker

Chapter 22: Say Something

-------------------------------------------------------

Author's P.O.V

2 MISSED CALLS JO KWANGMIN 

[ Jo Kwangmin 3:19 AM ]

Are you awake?

[ Jo Kwangmin 3:32 AM ]

Youngmin wake up, dad's being an

[ Jo Kwangmin 3:47 AM ]

Have the door open in ten. It's urgent.

 

    Quickly the boy slipped his phone into his pocket. He took his helmet and securely strapped it around his head. He hopped on his motorcycle and intertwined the keys to his bike starting the engine. The night was clear and empty or rather the morning was clear and empty. As soon as the green light appeared he drifted off quickly to his brother's to drop off the news. He wasn't sure if his brother was awake or if their mother was home. Kwangmin just needed to get away and somehow it just felt right to go off and visit his brother. 

  He parked his transportation in an available parking space in the parking lot. He took the keys out and slid it in his pocket. He came through the lobby and the door man greeted him, "Good evening. Oh Youngmin- what are you doing out so late?"

Kwangmin played along and played it coolly, "I got caught up with something, I'll just be going up-"

   "Alright, you don't look to good either. Rest up kid," the door man said allowing him to pass the front desk. He slipped into the elevator and escalated up stopping at the seventh floor. He took a left at the hall and stopped at the fourth door down. He eagerly banged on the door not caring whether the neighbors would hear the noise. He stood out there for a few seconds or so until his twin had lazily opened the door half awake. Kwangmin quickly entered and took a seat on the couch. He'd become quite familiar with the place; often because Kwangmin and Youngmin would do the switching. 

Youngmin went to the kitchen and brought him a hot cup of coffee. Kwangmin looked into midair and snapped out of his gaze once Youngmin handed over the streaming mug. Youngmin took his seat beside Kwangmin asked.

    "She took a double shift and won't be back until later in the morning," Youngmin explained before taking a sip from his mug. "So what's up? I assume you have a lot to explain due to the several missed calls and unread messages I've received." Youngmin eyeing Kwangmin after setting down his mug. He looked at his twin who seemed to be starting into space again. Youngmin waved his hand in front of Kwangmin's face trying to grab bis attention, "Kwangmin is everything alright?"

    "Dad came home drunk," Kwangmin said monotone. "Then he started yelling at me for being self-centered son. He started insulting you and mom, how mom kept asking for money to help raise you. Then he told me I would've been better off with you and mom in America. I then lost my temper and punched him in the jaw. It wasn't really a hard punch... But it was good enough to shut him up. It'll probably leave a mark though..." Kwangmin sighed, "Can't I move out and live with you and mom?"

    Youngmin shrugged and leaned back into the soft couch, "I still haven't told her or haven't gotten the legal document signed. As far as I know, she doesn't even know you exisit. I don't know how to tell her- I don't know where to start really. Youngmin looked at his twin, "Do you want to do the twin switch again?" He offered.

    Kwangmin only shook his head denying the offer, "Can I stay here for awhile? I'll leave before mom arrives." Youngmin nodded his head and bid his brother goodnight. He watched from up stairs as his brother fixed his pillow and crossed his arms before shutting his eyes tightly and drift off into a deep slumber.

---

    6:28 AM and still curled on the couch Kwangmin stayed asleep. His mother ran his fingers through his hair, combing out the little tangles that were created. Small tears escaped her eyes, in a small whisper she called his name, "Kwangmin." The place was silent. Nothing more. She wiped her tears away, kissed him on his temple and made her way up the stairs to her room quietly. She knew Youngmin had found his twin but it wasn't until the fourth time the twins did a little switched that caused her notice that Kwangmin was playing Youngmin.

    Kwangmin blinked a couple of times before checking the time on his phone. 6:37 AM. He saw the countless amounts of unread messages and missed calls he had, half from Donghyun and half from his father. He stretched a little trying to get himself together. He slipped his phone back into his pocket and made his way out the door.

    He didn't want to go home just yet. He parked his motorcycle to the side walk of the park. He simple smiled to himself. 'Nothing changed.' It was still the same as it was a year ago. The rusted slide and the monkey bars. He took a seat on the swing and started to sway himself back and fourth. He kept thinking to last week with Kyungmi. The way her innocence washed over her when he gave her Jae's necklace. Then his mind trigger back to a couple of days ago right after the gang had come back from Donghyun's beach party.

 

// ... //

 

   "I think I like her hyung and I know you like her too," Kwangmin said has he fiddled with his thumbs. The twins were at the studio. Kwangmin was originally there but Youngmin came by and somehow they ended up here at this topic.

  "We both can't have her," Youngmin stated. There was a hint of anger in his voice and sympathy. Anger because his own twin likes the same girl as he does and sympathy for Kwangmin because he knew the array of emotions Kwangmin has been through with his last girlfriend. He knew that Kwangmin probably deserved her but it wouldn't hurt for him to try and grab her attention.

A sigh escaped Kwangmin's mouth, "I know..."

    "We're going to have to bare with the thought, we're going to respect whosoever she chooses," Youngmin spoke. Both know that one or the other would end in a heart break. "But I've kissed her," Youngmin confessed, "And I'm planning to confess to her real soon."

"Kwangmin smiled at his brother's adoration and eagerness, "I guess I'm going to have to catch up, huh?" Kwangmin replied as a joke but Youngmin knew he was serious.

"It's getting late, I have to return home," Youngmin bid and Kwangmin nodded as he watched his brother's figure leave out the door.

 

//...//

 

  "Kyungmi, Kyungmi... Choi Kyungmi," he mumbled to himself. 'Jae, you said to move on right? But what if she likes Youngmin, what's the point of trying?' The wind blew a breeze, rustling the leaves within the trees. It was as if the wind spoke saying, "Try anyways..." In a cold faint voice. A shiver ran through his spine. He looked to the right and saw a girl walking down the block with her head hung low and her hands tightly gripping on the straps of her knapsack. Slowly he got up and walked over to her stopping her.

"Kyungmi," he called. 

   She looked up at Kwangmin and her eyes swelled up with tears; their eyes locked. He noticed that her eyes spoke a sadden memory. All Kwangmin did was pull her into a hug. Without any hesitation he embraced her tightly, securing her in his arms. 

 

-------------------------

UPDATE !!~

I wouldve updated sooner... 

so i write the chapters on my phone and upload it to aff, but my phone decided to be a face delete this chapter and the following chapter and i was like,"NOOOOOOOOO."

so i had to rewrite this chapter.. it's really short but i'll try and give you guys a double update and make the chapters longer so please wait !! [it may be a while im really bad with updates...]

anyway thank you all to the new subscribers, seeing new subscribers make me happy :)) pls leave your comments down below bc i miss you guys (you guys barely comet; but its okay ily)

until next time !!!~