Twinkling Stars

Heart Breaker

Chapter 2: twinkling stars

-----------------------------------------------

 

   I held the straps of my knapsack taking a stroll around the streets of Seoul. I inhaled the night breeze. The cold weather didn't alarm me. It felt nice to be back in Seoul. I missed the area. It brought back so much memories. Memories that stayed and memories that lay hidden beneath others. I stopped my walking at a park. 'Nothing changed.' The playground was slightly covered in snow and right under a tree stood a half built snowman. The small scene rewind my past bringing it to the present. I closed my eyes recalling the small flashback of my father and I five winters ago. My child like self played around on the snow while my father shoveled the pathway of our house. Then everything started to disappear into the faded background of the present.

    The sound of chatter on the streets disrupted the quiet aroma. My lips turned in to a straight line, showing no emotions what so ever. It was one of those nights where there would be groups of teenagers wondering the streets doing who knows what. I tired to ignore the noise as they approached every step closer to me. The closer they got the more still I stood.

"Well, what do we have here?" One of the voices spoke.

   His voice was deep and threatening. His eyes gave off a weary look. His hair was messy but it suited him in a way. The smell of alcohol filled the air. That could only lead to one thing. He and his comrades were drunk. They weren't that drunk, they were stabilized in balance but they were drunk enough to do stupid things.

"I'm not a what," I said loud enough for them to hear.

"We have a feisty one here don't we hyung," another voice spoke to the other.

   I took a step back from his reach. His bare hands brushed against my redden cheek. This one was totally drunk. The stitch of alcohol drenched in his body odor as he moved closer to me. His voice was graspy with every word he spoke, "How about you come with us for a drink or two."

   I turned my body around ready to run but I was already surrounded by two others. Tall, built and fair features. Why waste the good talents into picking on someone like me. 'Right .. they're drunk..' The smell grew stronger as the males came closer. The bitter smell was strong. Maybe they had drunk whiskey. There were five of them around me. I wanted to scream but I couldn't. It was like I had no voice and it ran away into the heavens. My mouth opened to speak but no sound had come out. Empty, as empty as these people's brains before me.

"What's wrong? Cat's bit your tongue?" One said my hair. I gave him a hard shove making the boy stumble back.

"Hands off she's my girl," One had said and pushed his other comrade aside.

"I found her first so she's mine." Another bickered.

   Bickering and shouting when there was no need. I was no one's and that was for sure. They were all so close to be screaming in each other's faces. One of the guys had grabbed my arm but I refuse to leave and follow him. I was to run but my feet stayed glued to the ground. The boys had just kept fight with me by there sides. Grabbing and pulling me as if they were playing tug of war and I was the rope. But silence had fell at the sound of a motor.

"Aren't you guys just looking for trouble,"

    All eyes had fallen on the owner of the voice. His dark brown hair parted to left side of his face, letting me meet his eyes that glistened in the moonlight. I could still see that he was wearing his school uniform under his black leather jacket. The uniform was unrecognizable due to the lack of light in the area. He shoved the three alcoholics in front of me only to grab my hand. His touch was cold sending shivers down my spine. He pushed me away only leaving me to watch the scene.

   A punch was directed into him. I gasped shocked at the scene but surprisingly he caught the hand in mid air, turning the enemy's wrist earning the other to wince in pain. Still holding the fist he kicked him straight into his stomach making him fall hard onto the ground.

One down four more to go.

    Every skillful move he had done was with a kick or a punch to fight one and the other. Two down. A kick to the face and a punch to side cause the other to fall. Hope almost lost, my hero had been punched in the jaw. The glare in his eyes darkened. Satisfied the enemy smirked, he was to punch him again when he had caught his fist in mid-air. His grip harden oh the enemy's fist pulling him closer, "I don't think that was a good move." He spoke with an ounce of pride. He took his body and flipped him around making him lay flat on the cold ground. He was to get up but the he had placed his left foot on top of his back, making him stay in his place.

    There was only one player left. He was holding a block of wood from who knows where. He stood there holding the wood, unknown whether to continue fighting or run away. There was fear in his eyes. No, terror. Of course there was, he was the last standing and only a block of wood to help defend him. The scared boy took a step back, positioned to hit the unknown person.

"If I were you I'd just give up," the 'hero' said. He adjusted his gloves and wiped the little remains of the blood on his upper lip.

"Keep going," a whisper from the beat guy had spoken.

    His voice was filled with pain. His grip on the wooden block loosened. The piece of wood had fallen. He gulped not wanting to be hurt like his comrades. He may have been drunk but at least he had a little piece of his brain left inside of him. The scared, drunken boy looked at his beaten friends. 'There bones must be fractured.' He thought. He turned his back, heels ready to leave. The boy stuck his hands in his pockets and left the scene of fight as if nothing had happened.

   I came out from where I was hiding meeting front and forward with the one who'd save me. His lips were bruised and swollen from the punch that had struck him and there was a scar on his eye brow. He looked at me with no emotion, "It's late go home," he bid.

He got on his motorcycle and started the engine. He put on his helmet, securing it on his face. Before I could utter a "thank you," He left. He left in one swift of a move.

I sighed looking down at the beaten men, "Serves you right." With that, I too had left the night light.

 

 

----------------------------

Second Chapter of "HeartBreaker" !

n/a this chapter is told in the past incase any of you guys were wondering (referring back to chapter 1) How did you guys think of this chapter? Please comment down below and if you haven't subscribed please be sure to do so. Look forward to Chapter 3

 

until next time ! heart