Where has the time gone?

Heart Breaker

Chapter 32: Where has the time gone?

--------------------------------------------------------

 

//...\\

 

MWC SCOUTS COMPETITION JUNE 17 2014

 

        Minwoo and I had just finished performing; we were the last performance to be exact. This was our last shot and we definitely gave it our all. The judges had commented on how in sync we were and gave us other positive feedback except for this other judge, his name was Nam Eriko. (He was the replacement judge for my mom.) I've heard about him, he's a Japanese artist in this generation, he was in his early thirties- I wasn't really a fan of his work. None of his song fitted my taste to be honest. He said Minwoo and I could've done better if we matched it to one of his songs. 'Like, exCUSE ME YOU AREN'T THE ONE DANCING SO PLEASE GET OUT OF MY MOM'S CHAIR.' All was good anyway because the audience had boo-ed at his comment.

All ten groups had been gathered back stage. We were all sitting among ourselves chatting to one another within our groups. I swear there was some kind of invisible wall between each group because no one tried to make small talk with each other.

I felt Kwangmin slip his hand with mine and I smiled. "You did great," he complimented.

"Not so bad yourself," I said.

    We were then all called out on stage. The judges have decided the winner. The chatter that was happening earlier became silent. Anxiety? One by one we went on stage. I noticed that no one really liked to say, "good luck," around here. Maybe it was because we were all nervous or maybe because no one wanted to give their luck away.

"Good luck,"I heard someone say to me, snapping me out of my thoughts. 'What a coincidence.' His voice was unfamiliar. I looked back and saw a boy who was merely taller than me by and inch or so. He had red hair that was done up and he was wearing eyeliner that made his eyes pop, he was dressed in a hip hop kinda style- over all he was cute. 

"Thanks, good luck to you too." I say. That's when I remembered he was from the group V!CTOR. Their performance killed it. The judges adored them and just like us (8teen) they were from Seoul, Korea.

"I was wondering if maybe after the competition you might wanna grab a bite or something," he shyly asked.

 I saw Kwangmin bud in and wrap his arm around me moving me away from the V!CTOR guy, "She's going to have to deny, she has a boyfriend."

We slowly move away passing the other groups of people. "Are you jealous?" I asked raising an eye brow

"I was jealous of my own brother, what more a stranger," he admitted which made me blush. "I'll be back," He said leaving me with Hyunseong and Youngmin.

"So you guys are a thing now?" Hyunseong asked. "Kyungmi has a boyfriend! Kyungmi has a boyfriend!~" He sing songed.

"Waah~ My Kyungmi has a boyfriend who happens to be my brother. Ouch," Youngmin said pretending to be shot in the chest. 

      I hugged Youngmin. Okay I admit it, I feel terrible that he confessed and I like his brother. Most people would say "what's the difference they're twins?" Well to be honest, there was a big difference it doesn't matter how identical they are, their personality is different. You can never have the same exact person. Everyone has their own personality and you can copy the personality even with a copy machine.

     Youngmin to me was more like Minwoo-ish. He's more of a brother than a lover to me. He would look out for me, he was there for me, he knew me as a friend. As for Kwangmin; he was the someone I've been looking for since I've been here. I fell for everything about him even if he was some moody monster. 

"I'm sorry," I whisper to Youngmin. "I'm really a bad person." 

     Youngmin took me by the shoulders, "There's no need to be sorry, it's not your fault. You're not a bad person, you're a beautiful person and I'm happy for you... Really!" He said smiling showing his pearly white teeth. 'Although I'm still recovering, I could never be mad at you or hyung. As long as you're happy, I'm happy. I love you Kyungmi but, just as a friend.'

 

---

 

        We were all on stage. This was the moment of truth; hopefully everything we've worked for will pay off. Sleepless nights due to over practicing, unfinished homework that was never done because of practice, falling asleep in class because we were tired from practicing- we put practice first before anything. That's how much we wanted to win, not for the fame and glory but for ourselves. Now we were here again on stage, we were fortunate and lucky that we made it to this round. My mother told me that we on the edge; people thought that 8teen would obviously make it because I am the daughter of the judge but then again it would also be unfair to not make just because I am the daughter of a judge. 

       "Your talents have amazed us all. It was truly a tough choice. Because of the numerous auditions this year we've decided to take this leap forward and show the world your talent, by being here you all have made a big milestone in your life being broadcasted on live t.v. Now the winner of MCW SCOUTS competition will receive a full scholarship to all eight members, aswell as to have their album published and sold in various marketing places." The judge Mr. Hwang spoke. He was handed an envelope with the winner's name inside. He carefully opened the envelope and pulled the winner's name out. His lips parted in front of the microphone. 

"V!CTOR!!!!"

 

//...\\

 

        I took a seat on a wide space table in the park. I removed the weight off my shoulders and placed it beside me. I reached in my knapsack and ripped a lined piece of paper from my notebook. I tapped my pen against my chin; a new habit I picked up since I started university. 'How do you write a proper letter?' I started to scribble on the sheet of paper.

 

Hello, I'm writing this letter to you because I-

 

         'No. Nope.. that's not how it works.' I crumpled the sheet and ripped another one. 'I'm a tree killer, sorry Earth.' Thinking again, I tapped the pen on my chin thinking how I would write this. The whole "Hello, I'm writing this letter to you because..." is so 2000. 'Wait who even cares what the format is, it's not gonna get graded anyway.' My conscience scolded me, knocking some sense into me. I nodded my head. 'True say conscience.' With my pen I began writing the date on the top right corner.

 

June 17, 2016

 

Now where do I start?

      Two years since the MCW SCOUTS competition. A year and ten months since months since you became a solo artist in Japan. A year since Hyunseong became a male model. Eight months since Minwoo became a dance instructor. Approximately seven months since Jeongmin debuted in a band. Three months since Hana became a music teacher. And about a week since Donghyun inherited your father's company.

      In these past two years we've grown so much. A lot has happened since that MCW SCOUTS competition. It was because of this competition that brought us to our paths today. So really we owe it all to Minwoo in a way. (Well when you really think about- but I'd never tell him that.) We've grown from teenagers to young adults. That day everything change. Sometimes I wonder what it would be like if we did win the scholarship. How our lives would be today. 

(Aha, my intro is corny huh?)

   

          The ink from my pen began to fade. I scribbled on the corner of the paper waiting for the ink to bleed again. I wondered to myself about the numerous opportunities that might have happened if we won. I do believe that everything happens for a reason. But it would've been nice to earn that scholarship- not that I'm not happy where I am today, I'm very contented with what I have, actually I'm more than contented. My pen decided to bleed again on the the piece of paper forming letters that formed words.

 

    Aren't you curious to how I've been? How my life has changed? It took you a year and a half to respond from my last letter asking how you've been doing but I guess you're doing fine. (Because I've seen your new album and I have a copy, hehe. You better sign that when I see you the next time.) 

    Well, I'm currently attending Seoul's National University, I'm studying music and dance with your jerk of a brother. I can't believe I've managed two years with that cheese ball, but I admit couldn't be happier. I saw one of your articles online a week ago saying you have a girlfriend. Is that true? You have to introduce me and get my approval. 

    I think today we're going to Mama G's Chicken place in celebration of Donghyun inheriting your dad's company. The whole gang is meeting up, except you. // whomp, whomp // But first I have to drop by Minwoo and Hana's place. Yeah, they live together; it's been I think eight months since they've got their place. Gosh I hate that couple, they're so cheesy. *gags* I remember on Christmas Minwoo wore a mistletoe hat just for Hana. Minwoo told me he hated that stuff but i guess people can change.

    I bet you're now wondering how's Kwangmin and I. I told you we attend same university and have the same classes- but now you're probably thinking, there's more than that. Kwangmin and I are doing fine. ☺ Maybe a little more than fine but you should get the point, okay? Okay.

    I think. I'll end the letter here. Youngmin, hurry home everyone misses you and it that you can't attend this celebration. I'm planning to go visit Japan soon to see my mother, maybe then we can meet up. I wish the best of luck to your success as an artist and I'll continue to support you and buy all your albums. Uhm, yeah... that's basically it. Miss you tons Youngmin!!!! 

 

- your #1 fan

Choi Kyungmi

 

     As soon as I wrote the last letter to my name the pen from my hand dropped. I scanned over the piece of paper finding all the little mistakes and proof reading the so called letter to actually make sense. I smiled at the end satisfied with it, I folded the paper into three equal parts. I then again reached into my knapsack finding the envelope I took from my grandma. 

"What's this?"

I watched as the owner of the voice snatched the paper out of my hands, he firmly gripped his free arm around my waist. I stretched my arms trying to reach for the letter. 'Urgh this douchebag.'

" June 17, 2016

Now where do I start?

Two years since the MCW SCOUTS competition. A year and ten months since months since you beca-DAMMIT!" He cursed.

    That was my cue to take the letter back and stuff it into the envelope. I placed the concealed letter in the back of my pocket of my shorts. I slowly approached the limping Kwangmin and I wrapped my arms tightly around his neck, which was his weakness. "Heh, sorry about that." I said giving him a sweet smile of mine.

"Is that how you say sorry? My calf hurts because of your death kick," 

"Well that's a lesson to not invade people's privacy."

Kwangmin s his arms around my waist and pulled me closer to him. "Were you writing to Youngmin again?" He asked putting his neck on my shoulder.

I nodded, "Yeah. He replied to my letter from a year ago so I thought I should write him back. I miss him so much." 

"More than me?" Kwangmin smirked.

I flicked his forehead, "I see you every day, fool."

"I know, I know." He said before planting a kiss on my lips. "But why write a letter when he's right here?" Kwangmin said bluntly after pulling away.

I made a face, "Don't say things that aren't true." I pouted. "He told me he was preparing for his upcoming comeback in JAPAN." I said exaggerating the name of the country 'Japan.'

"Who said it wasn't true?"

     I moved away from Kwangmin and looked over at the voice that had just spoken. I came face to face with him, keeping a few meters away from separating us. His hair was a different color; he used to have a hair color that was almost blonde and now it was close to his natural shade; a dark auburn. His hair was styled to the side and he wore causal clothing, a simple pair of blue skinny jeans and a graphic tee with a cardigan to top it off. Other than his hair he was still the same as the last time I saw him.

     I moved closer to him trying to tell if this was a dream or reality. Hesitantly I kicked him in his shins and then moved aside. I heard him wince in pain. I quickly rush to his side giving him a hug. "Sorry, I just wanted to know if you were real- not that you're fake or anything... Wow! You're really here!!" I sheepishly said.

"Ahh, Kyungmi-ah, you never changed a bit." He said after rubbing his shin. 

Kwangmin rushed to Youngmin's side and gave him a one armed hug, all smiles. "Nice to see you hyung."

"You picked me up at the airport," Youngmin said. Youngmin looked at me and saw the paper that I was holding, "Hey, what's in your hand?" He took the addressed paper from me. I was about to kick him again until Kwangmin held me back. 

"June 17, 2016. Now where do I start? Two years since the MCW SCOUTS competition. A year and ten months since months since you became a solo artist in Japan." Youngmin read. "Is this a letter for me?"

I was ready to kick Youngmin for reading the letter out loud but I was locked up in Kwangmin's arm. 'Kwangmin you little , let go!!' I mentally cursed him but I was a er for whenever he would back hug me. 

"Ew, get a room you guys," Youngmin said walking away, making a face in disgust.

"Wait, hyung what brings you in Seoul?" Kwangmin questioned his brother.

"For Donghyun hyung of course. He's inheriting our dad's company for us so I thought I should pay my visit. Also because I missed you all. It's hard speaking Japanese all the time." Youngmin said wrapping an arm around Kwangmin and I.

"So cheesy ew. Get away from me," I said excusing myself between the twins.

"Not as cheesy as your letter," Youngmin fought back, making me roll my eyes.

     The three of us started walking around the park, catching up on the things that have happened in the past two years. Youngmin told us about the things that have been happening in his celebrity life. Youngmin cleared up the rumor to Kwangmin and I about him having a girlfriend. That was some sort of rumor a fan made up for attention. But he did tell us he had a girl in mind, just nothing about her name or age, or what she looks like.

"So how's you and Kyungmi?"

Kwangmin took my hand that was fiddling with the necklace around my neck. Our hands met each other and clasped together. "We're great." Kwangmin answered.

"Nothing else?"

"Fantastic," I answered.

Youngmin smiled and ruffled my hair, "That's great. Stay safe and protected, I don't want nieces and nephews any time soon. It's still early guys, school first." He joked before bursting out in laughter.

    Both Kwangmin and I stiffened. We're too young for something like that and we're still in school unlike the other guys who already had jobs. I saw Kwangmin flick Youngmin on the forehead. Youngmin hissed and flicked his brother back.

I chuckled before taking out my phone; I looked at the time, "Ah, I have to go to Hana and Minwoo's I'll meet you guys at Mama G's." I said.

The boys nodded.

"If your not there by eight I'm calling the cops and demanding a search party." Said Kwangmin.

 I pecked Kwangmin on his right cheek, reassuring him that I'll be alright. I then hugged Youngmin before watching the twin boys' figures disappear down the street.

              It was as if just yesterday Youngmin and Kwangmin just figured out they are twins. It was funny how one thing lead to another; how it all started with me finding out my hero. Sometimes I'd like to think it was fate that lead  me here, other times I'd think it was Jae or my father. But all in all it doesn't really matter how I got here, what matters is how I live the moment in this time. Sometimes there won't be time to fix your mistakes and that's okay- you just have to learn from it. Even when things get hard and life hits you in the head with a frying pan you just have to learn to duck. 

When life gives you twin boys who love you dearly, the one they love- is always the heartbreaker.

 


---------------------------------------------------------

FINISHED.

There you have it folks, the last chapter of heartbreaker !!!!

thank you so much to all of those who have been reading heartbreaker since the very beginning!! Thank you to all the new subscribers and to those who have commented. (to those who've commented, i read them and i swear the biggest smile on my faces appears // so cheesy i know... but seriously- the same to the subscribers!! knowing that people like my story makes me feel that im doing a goood job as an author.)  *sends hugs to everyone*

i would also like to  give a huge thank you to youngbby, my co-author!! if it weren't for our fangirl talks about boyfriend and fanfics i dont really think heartbreaker would exist. so thank you so much!!!! also be sure to check out youngbby's stories bc its a really good read !!

im currently debating whether to write a new fanfic & i need your help. so dont forget to vote!!! these are the two boys im choosing from so yeaa. 

i guess  this is it.

thank you to all those who've subscribe & to the new subscribers. thanks to those who've commented and dont forget to leave a comment down below.

ilysm & hope to hear from you guys in the near future. !!!!

take care, xoxo