Read Between the Lines

Heart Breaker

Chapter 3: Read Between the Lines

------------------------------------------

 

       The bell finally rang, indicating class was over. I shoved all my books into my knapsack. One by one as papers and books sunk into my bag. A shadow casted around around me. I looked up to see Minwoo hands in is pocket, "Kaja?" I bid my head showing a small nod of 'yes.' Minwoo and I exited the classroom to find ourselves lost in a sea of a crowd. We squished and squirmed our way to the cafeteria, finding a table large enough for the two of us.

"You know that new kid looks really familiar," Minwo said rubbing his chin.

"I am the new kid," I tempted to joke, pulling out my lunch.

"Not you! Youngmin-ssi, wasn't that his name?"

       The ring of his name appealed through my ears. Youngmin his name was. Where had he gone? After class he had vanished, probably lost in the hallways. If it wasn't for Minwoo, I would have been a complete loner. To think of it maybe I wouldn't even be in Seoul, if Minwoo wasn't here. I let out a soft sigh.

"Hey don't play with your food!" A voice said.

     I watched as the stranger pulled Minwoo into a one armed-hug, ruffling his hair, "Hyung!! Go away!" Minwoo whined before taking a bite of his sandwich. He shrugged, "Yah, I always eat lunch with you. Am I ruining you're little date?" The elder asked sending a wink towards my direction. "In my defense, I don't think I've seen you around before." He continued talking, taking a seat beside Minwoo.

"Of course you haven't, because she's a transfer." Mimwoo stated.

'So she doesn't speak Korean?' The other's expression changed, "I'm Hyunseong, uh nice to- erm meet you??" The boy said loudly in Korean while reaching my hand to shake it.

I bared a smile, "I may be be a transfer but I'm not deaf." I joked slipping my hand away from his.

"Bwoh?? You speak Korean?" Hyunseong said amused.

"Born and raised in Korea,"

  Hyunseong took a piece of Minwoo's sandwich. He was fairly tall, his shoulders were broad, his face slim with a smile on his face that made his eye smile stand out, "Nice to me you uhm-"

"KyungMi," I finished his sentence.

"Right! KyungMi, so how do you know sweat bucket over here?" Hyunseong had asked.

"Shutup you guinea pig.." Minwoo muttered.

I chuckled at their little play. It made me think, 'What did I miss when i wasn't around.' "He's my-"

"BOYFRIEND?? Wah, daebak, really," Hyunseong cooed. He clapped his hands and gave two thumbs up to red faced Minwoo.

"ANYI!" Minwoo and I said in unison. "He's my childhood friend," I finished off. Hyunseong sheepishly nodded at my simple reply. What much was there to tell anyway.

     By that time we had already finished our lunches, we were just small talking. I got to know Hyunseong over the lunch time and about him and Minwoo's past time over the three years of high school. Hyunseong was enrolled in the arts of theater, which I thought suited him well.

    Hyunseong had told me how he had met Minwoo back in grade ten. Minwoo was dared by one of his sunbae's to try out for the female roll for the most famous play, Romeo and Juliet. Of course being the dare devil Minwoo is, he did it; female costume, wig and makeup. Hyunseong found Minwoo in the boys change room fixing his wig. From there on Minwoo and Hyunseong kind of just clicked. "So Minwoo played Juliet in our school play," Hyunseong laughed.

I couldn't help but laugh, "Do you have a picture by any chance?"

Minwoo looked at Hyunseong and I with a dark glare, "What ever, I won the bet anyway."

"I'll send you the picture later," Hyunseong whispered.

--

    From the corners of my eyes I could see a familiar figure at the other end of the cafeteria. He looked like as if he was talking to other person. A person much shorter than he was. He smiled and laughed a little. His smile was so genuine. The night that I had met him he seemed to be so cold.

   That's when I recalled the little detail. He had been struck in the face with a punch. As well with a large cut on his eye brow. But Youngmin's face seemed flawless. His lip was healed and the cuts on his face were gone. His bruises and cuts were really bad to be healed in two days. Perhaps makeup?

"KyungMi-ah are you okay?" Minwoo asked.

I took my focus off of him and looked and Minwoo and Hyunseong who were waiting for a reply, "Hm, yeah just thinking."

"Thinking? About what?" Hyunseong asked prying into my personal space.

  I pushed him away, "Just about school." I tilted my head, looking at the place I last saw him. He was gone, vanished like thin air. An individual had approached our table. He was short compared to the other males in the class but he was still taller than me. He was chink, but when he smiled it out casted his eye smile. His hair was a dark color, like his eyes. The boy on a lollipop he took out of his pocket. With his right hand, the boy reached in is back pocket for another one, "Want one?" He offered.

"JEONGMIN!" Hyunseong yelled bringing Jeongmin into a head lock.

The boy named Jeongmin pulled the candy out of his mouth, "YAH! Guinea pig, why yell when I'm right here?"

"Where have you been this lunch?" Minwoo asked.

"Well, I have someone to show you. It's really daebak, I couldn't believe it at first but wow!" Jeongmin tried to explain with his words tied up. He looked around stopped at me, "Oh? Who's this?"

"KyungMi, transfer student," I said.

Jeongmin bowed, "Annyeong, Jeongmin!" He beamed. 'It's sure to be raining transfer students today.'

"Yah, hyung what did you want to show us?" Minwoo asked packing his bag.

"If it's not IU, I'm out." Hyunseong said.

Jeongmin shook his head and I chuckled at the three. He pulled a figure from the side, "Doesn't he look lik-"

"Kwangmin??" Hyunseong said wide-eyed.

"Anyi," Jeongmin said.

"Youngmin," both Minwoo and I said.

 

 

--------------------------------------

 

Here's the third chapter of "HeartBreaker" !!

A lot of dialog going on in this chapter, as well as new characters ~ Well, what do you think? What do you think of the storyline so far?Comment down below about this chapter and subscribe if you haven't yet. Remember I do make updates every now and then! Please look forward to chapter four

with love your authors ~ til next time !heart