Introduction

Heart Breaker

Chapter 1: introduction

----------------------------

 

     I looked out the glass window, seeing my mid reflection. I watched as the snow lightly landed on the branches of the trees. Its been two days since my encounter with him, I thought. The scene replayed, over and over, like an all time favorite movie. It was nightfall when it happened, I remembered his deep voice but his image remained a blur. I remember the stars twinkling in his direction as if he was light. I can't help but think if I'll ever get to meet him again. To thank him for what he did and maybe repay him with a small meal; he did after all save my life. But he after he had finished what he had done he left, he left with no trace whatsoever.

"Kyungmi," a voice called my name. "Choi Kyungmi," the voice spoke much louder and more stern than before. The voice left the ringing of my name through my ears made me snap out of my gaze.

"You're bleeding," he said. I blinked my eyes a couple of times, confused at his statement. I felt no pain anywhere. That's until I my bottom lip, I tasted the salted flavor of my fresh blood. I moved my hand to touch my lip until he gripped my wrist telling me not to touch it. Instead my best friend handed me a vanilla flavored lip balm to apply on my chapped lips. I looked at him puzzled, he always kept giving me things even when I tell him not to. But hey, what are friends for?

    Introducing No Minwoo the school's dancing machine; who happens to be my best friend. I've known him ever since we were young, we attended the same dance classes. I never really thought of having a 'dude' as a best friend. He was always the top student in our dance classes. I could tell the teacher favorite him which I envied him for. We got to know each other when the teacher partnered us up to do a choreography for a dance together. 

That's when my life changed.

  Apparently he boarded the same school as me, so we got to hang out a lot more; we were only in middle school at that time. It finally feels good to be back in Seoul, reunited with my best friend at our dream high school. When I had moved away during our last year of middle school Minwoo was the only one who I stayed in contact with. Surprising 'dancing machine' was the only person who actually stayed by my side during my darkest moments. You could say he was like my other half.

"What do you think about it?" Minwoo asked me.

"I really like the flavor of the lip balm, but you have to st-"

"No, no not the lip balm pabo, the school! Seoul! Being in the same class?" Minwoo interrupted.

"Oh," I put the lip balm away storing it in a pocket of my knapsack, "Well I've only been here for thirty-minutes or so, what do you want me to say?"

Minwoo let out a chuckle, "You're still the same."

   I furrowed my eyebrows and let out a little pout, "Yah, what do you mean I'm still the same? You're the one that never grew," Minwoo faced the front of the classroom as the teacher was now entering the class, completely ignoring my question and statement, just giving off a sly smile. 'Just like middle school.'

The teacher had entered the class with a wide grin on her face. The way her heels tacked on the ground, her freshly painted nails, along with the diamond ring on her left hand and her shoulder-length hair gave away that she was no older than thirty-five. She scanned the room then nodded at a student (who I was assuming was class president.) The student stood up and greeted the teacher politely and the class obediently followed.

"It seems as if we have an unfamiliar face presence," She commented looking directly at me. Then all eyes in the classroom focused their attention on me. I bared a small smile, not used the amount of attention given. "Please introduce yourself," the teacher indicated.

I stood up from my seat. I could see Minwoo give a little thumbs up, making me smile. I took a deep breath in, I slightly bowed my head before speaking, "Annyeonghaseyo, I'm Choi KyungMi a transfer from Japan, though I'm full Korean... I'm enrolled for the arts of dance," I bowed my head once more before taking a seat.

"Interesting, welcome Ms. Choi hope you'll enjoy my class. I'm Mrs. Han by the way," she introduced.

    Mrs. Han started checking the attendance, calling each student one by one and the students answering with a simple reply, "Here." Just when I was about to answer to the call of my name a voice had spoken panting at the door, "I-I'm .. real- really... sorry for being late. The bus came late.." He spoke.

That voice.. his voice lingered through my mind, triggering a small memory.

"Late on you're first day Mr. Jo?" Mrs. Han questioned.

The student only bowed.

    Whispers around the classroom began but I observed his actions as he was moved to sit to the seat beside me. He swiftly moved his hair out of his face letting me see his eyes. His eyes were round and wide. He gave off a gentle look. His jaw line aligned his face, bringing out the small features that casted his face. His nose was long but it perfectly suited his facial structure. With his lips, as pink as a girl; he bared a smile. A smile seeking forgiveness from the teacher. There was a small accent in his voice. A hint of a foreign tongue whilst he spoke Korean. He was a new comer like me, a transfer. Perhaps from another county though his features were very Korean like. We made little eye contact before he took his seat to the right of me. I'm sure he was the one. The one that saved me. I couldn't be wrong. His voice and his image all seemed familiar to me. It was still a blur.

"Do you have a pen I can borrow?" He asked.

 

 

---------------

There you have it folks, the first chapter of "HeartBreaker

Hope you all enjoyed this chapter, comment down below for your opinions; youngbby and I would love to read your thoughts on this chapter. Don't for forget to subscribe incase you haven't yet! 

until next time !~ heart