Let's forget

Heart Breaker

Chapter 26: Let's forget 

-------------------------------------------

Author's P.O.V

 

    It was too late to chase her and even if he did what was he going to do? He couldn't do anything and seeing the girl he loves hurt made his heart of ice ache. He took out his phone and dialed his brother's number in hopes of an answer. After a few rings he picked up, "Hyung, it's raining and Kyungmi just left the building alone..." 

Youngmin looked outside his window and saw the drops of rain grow heavier by the second, "Why didn't you follow her??"

"We got into an argument and I think the last thing she wants to see my face. But none of that is important right now, just hurry up and find her please she needs you." Kwangmin pleaded.

"Okay, okay I'll call you back later." Youngmin bid before hanging up to find a lost girl in the rain.

---

      Kyungmi stayed wrapped around in his arms pressed against his chest. She felt his heart beat go at a rate faster than it should. The yellow umbrella he came with was sitting on the ground let it shower in rain. The two were dreaded in water and the stench of rain hit them. "Don't walk in the rain alone," he said to her.

She noddded, pulling away from his embrace, "Youngmin can we go home?" She said in sniffles.

    He nodded his head and took the umbrella from the ground. It was just light drops of rain and now the rain had calmed down. Without hesitation he took Kyungmi's hand not wanting to lose her. Her expression was blank, she didn't mind holding Youngmin's hand- but she just hoped that he wouldn't get the wrong idea. 

     Together they walked in silence, a comfortable kind of silence and not those awkward ones where no one knew what to say and what not- this silence was just something each of them needed. Kyungmi needed to sort out her thoughts and so did Youngmin. He on the other hand was left with unanswered questions. He needed to know if Kyungmi likes Kwangmin and he wanted to know what happened at the studio, but most importantly he wanted to know what the relationship between the two is. 

"Thanks for bringing me home," Kyungmi said.

"What happened between Kwangmin and you?" He asked out of curiosity.

Kyungmi let out a dry laughed, remembering the scene that happened a little over an hour ago. "It was just some stupid arguement but I'm over it."

      Youngmin left the topic alone not wanting to seem like a nuisance prying into her business. He took hold of her other hand; he held both her hands, making her face him. He knew it was love at first sight. He was so captivated by her beauty. He wanted to get to know her and he did. He got to figure out all her dislikes and interests, her hobbies, life goals, achievements, ect; although he is still learning he has plenty of questions to ask. He just grew so attached to her that he wasn't ready to let go, even when he knew it was right. 

He cleared his throat before speaking, "Hey, I know you have a lot on your mind right now but listen. Don't walk in the rain alone- don't walk anywhere alone because you're never alone. I just want to put it out there that I still like you Choi Kyungmi, ever since I first laid eyes on you." He leaned in and quickly planted a forehead kiss. 

She smile,"Thanks Youngmin. I'm sorry... But I can't return those feelings you have for me... You're a really great friend, I mean that." 'And deserve someone better than me.' She half-heartedly smiled and he smiled back. 'Why couldn't I like you instead Jo Youngmin. You're waaaay better than the other Jo. I'm sorry I couldn't return your feelings Youngmin. Maybe in another life Youngmin but I'm definitely glad I met you in this one.' 

"It's Kwangmin isn't it?" He lightly chuckled, "Go in and get some rest after a hot bath, we don't need you getting sick have you forgotten we leave for Japan in six days." 

 

---

 

        He bowed his head at a ninety degree angle. He took the piece of paper from her hands, although he should've retrieved it a couple days before today. She smile and offered him a seat and dinner. By now the time was approximately 11:30PM. He took a seat at the end of a table, he did not crack a smile the entire time being. He took out his phone revealing ten unread messages and nine missed calls. Half of the calls were from Donghyun and the other half was from his father. He then scrolled through his messages,

 

[ KIM DONGHYUN 7:13PM]

Are you home?

 

[ KIM DONGHYUN 7: 48PM ]

Can you stop putting your phone on silent.

 

[ KIM DONGHYUN 8:41PM ]

Your dad keeps calling, are you with 

Youngmin?

 

[ JO YOUNGMIN 8:46PM ]

I found her and brought her home safely, she wasn't that far. What happened back there? Can you come over, you still didn't take the file yet. 

 

[ NO MINWOO 8:51PM ]

Kwangmin are you playing hide and seek again? Go home your dad keeps calling

 

[ SHIM HYUNSEONG 9:14PM]

Kwangmin, your dad just phoned me asking me where you are. Hurry home and text me back when you get this 

 

[ LEE JEONGMIN 9:23PM ]

Kwangmin you punk go home or at least call your dad or Donghyun back.

 

[ UNKNOWN 9:39PM ]

I heard from Donghyun you're not home yet, are you alright? Go home soon Kwangmin and take care! ~^^ this is Hana by the way, Donghyun gave me your number 

 

[ KIM DONGHYUN 10:27PM]

You were at the park weren't you? Or the rooftop? I should've known. Hurry home kid

 

[ BOSS MAN 11: 24PM]

Kwangmin. It's nearly twelve and you're not even home. You already missed the meeting with me. I know your brother is taking the course for you but I still need your assistance. Stop playing around and come home. ASAP.

 

      He stored his phone away not bothering to reply to any of the text messages or call Donghyun or his father back. He looked at his mother who started placing the food on the table. The food looked good, though he wasn't going to admit it. 

She let out a laugh hearing Kwangmin's stomach growl, "Go on and eat."

He bowed his head. 'Thank you for the meal.' He took his chopsticks and started to eat peacefully.

          Moments later, Youngmin came down the stairs in sweats and a t-shirt with a towel around his neck. He saw his brother who was eating silently but happily. He made his way over to join him for a meal. "Mom your kimchi, tastes dry." Youngmin stated thoroughly chewing the seasoned cabbage. 

"Kwangmin seems to like it," She said eyeing Kwangmiin who just plopped a chunk of kimchi in his mouth. He drank a glass of water before excusing himself. "Thank you for the meal. I have to get back home my dad keeps nagging me." He excused.

Their mother nodded, "Would you like a ride home?"

"No it's alright." 

"Okay, get home safe." She said smiling, although he did not bare a smile back.

"Oh I'll bring him down," Youngmin told their mom. Truthfully he wanted to talk to him before he left.

---

Kwangmin sat on his bike and Youngmin stood beside him. "So, what's going to happen when you give the signed form to dad?" Youngmin asked.

"He's probably going to do something to get you in the company business but then again reporters will be all over this scandal. He's gonna pull some tricks up his sleeve." Kwangmin told him. 

"What about mom?" Youngmin questioned 

"What about mom?" Kwangmin retorted. "There's just going to be news about his ex-wife asking who she is. But that shouldn't effect anything. Just be careful of what dad gets you into. He's just a working machine, he'll do anything for his work."

Youngmin nodded. "Alright... Hey so what happened with Kyungmi?" 

"I backed off, she told me she liked me but I didn't return the feelings, I couldn't..." Kwangmin admitted before putting his helmet on.

"Why didn't you tell her you like?"

"I told you I'd back o-

"Don't. Fight for her Kwangmin. Don't leave her. I know you like her Kwangmin, maybe even more than I like her. I was wrong for telling you to back off, you're not supposed to give up easily. I'd rather see her happy than sad; that goes for you too. When you're sad, I'm sad, we're twins at the end of the day and nothing can change that." Youngmin said.

Kwangmin bared a smile to his twin, "I'll see you tomorrow hyung."

---

    Four days left before Japan and Kyungmi had missed the last practice. She had some things to do yesterday which kept her from coming to practice. But she was here today and the whole gang was busy practicing their group song to perform. For this MCW SCOUTS competition you had to perform one of the songs written on the album you presented for the audition. Then their came the solo performance. Kyungmi and Minwoo were doing the dance portion. Then Donghyun, Youngmin and Jeongmin were doing the vocals. Then their was the rap battle which Kwangmin was doing. Last there was Hana and Hyunseong who had to do a solo song which also fell under vocals. This portion was to show the judges of what you're capable of. 

"Break!!!" Donghyun called handing everyone a cold drink to help calm everyone down. "I ordered chicken and it should be here in ten minutes or so."

     Everyone stopped what they were doing. It was around 7:30PM. Everyone was sweating buckets. They've been practicing for four hours straight. They wanted this to be perfect. They would be leaving on the following Tuesday and would be staying in Japan for a week. 

"So I heard that the competition is two days," Hyunseong said.

Donghyun nodded, "Ah, yes. I spoke to the director yesterday. He gave me the address to the hotel and our tickets have been sent to our personal address."

"Oh one of the girls from the designing team told me that they don't need us to do the fitting for our costumes anymore. She said someone shipped a box of outfits to us from Japan." Hana told.

"My dad told me that school work wouldn't be a problem, the teachers have our work stacked for us be we're responsible to complete the work." Jeongmin said to the gang.

"That shouldn't be too bad," said Hyunseong.

"Yeah, I mean- if we win imagine all the praise we'll get from the school. Our school will be recognized and we all get a scholarship to Seoul's University," Minwoo bragged.

"That's if we make it," The twins say in unison. 

A loud sigh escaped Kyungmi's lips.

"Everything alright Kyungmi?" Hyunseong asked.

The whole gang went silent and their eyes laid on Kyungmi. "My mom designed the costumes for performance. I picked them up yesterday and brought the box to room 327 this morning. My grandmother spilled the news to my mom so I have to visit her when we reach Japan.... Did I also mention she's also one of the judges for MCW SCOUTS?" Kyungmi muttered the last part.

"Isn't that a good thing?" Donghyun questioned.

"She's not allowed to judge for our performance or anything. They probably have to replace her with another judge for our scoring or something. I'm not too sure," Minwoo told the gang.

"That's not bad!"

"The judging will be ten times more stricter on us," Kyungmi said."We're gonna have to work ten times more harder than we are now,"

"Yeah don't worry we're a team and there's no I in team," 

"Oh the chicken is gonna be here soon, he'll be at the foyer. Kwangmin do you mind getting it?" Donghyun interrupted, asking his cousin.

"I do... But I'll get it anyways, can someone come and help me?" Said Kwangmin.

 "Kyungmi," Hana volunteered

       All eyes looked at her. These days they noticed the tension between Kyungmi and Kwangmin. Everyone was curious to it, not even Minwoo could lay a figure. She was expressionless, "Ask someone else." She said in monotone voice. She noticed that everyone was looking at her in a weird way. She coughed, "I just don't want to get up." She said covering up for the 'ask someone else' thing which was said rather cold. Everyone just kept her eyes on her not planning on taking their eyes off of her. She sighed heavily, "Fine I'll go, only because the chicken is gonna get cold." The gang became at ease and finally took their stares away.

"Take this and give it to the chicken delivery guy," Donghyun said handing the money to Kwangmin.

---- 

    The two made their way down to the foyer. Kyungmi kept her distance with Kwangmin. She made sure to walk faster than him keeping at least a meter apart. "Can you slow down?" Kwangmin hissed. She stop her walking and waited for Kwangmin to take the lead. Kwangmin turned his back and looked at Kyungmi. "Kyungmi about Wednesday night, I-" 

"I'm over it." She said. 'Even though I still have feelings, I'll push them away.' Her voice cut him off. "We're nothing but band mates." She stated. 'Nothing but strangers.'

"Kyungmi listen to-"

"I don't see the point in taking to you unless it has to do with 8teen, so lets forget about it... Oh look the chicken delivery guy is here." Kyungmi said trying to distract him.

She took the money from Kwangmin's hands and turned her heels. 

    He grabbed her wrist and spun her around making her face him. Kwangmin was left there dumbfounded. "Dammit Choi Kyungmi, you're making this more difficult than it already is." He muttered. She wiggled away from his touch and took a step back hitting her back against the wall. 

Cold-hearted and silence, she don't really understand how I got into this mess. His left hand ran thoroughly through his hair as his right hand placed flat against the wall, next to where he had pinned her. His body was close to her, so close that she was sure they could both hear their hearts beat in unison.

His large, brown eyes looked at her with a sincere expression. An expression that she haven't seen from him before. Hesitant, his lips parted,

"I. Like. You."

She let the three words sink in, vastly repeating; 'I. Like. You.' The next thing she knew his lips had capture hers. Still and steady she stayed as their lips became one.

 

--------------------------------------------------

UPDATEE !~~

i was supposed to update this yesterday but i was watching harry potter and the goblet of fire and got distracted ..........

anyway, here is another update for you all ! hehehe, i enjoyed reading the comments that were last posted !!! (thanks ily & y'all made me smile too) &  thanks to the new subscribers for subscribing & welcome to heartbreaker ~ so what do you guys think of this chapter ? who would you like kyungmi to end up with and why?

dont forget to subscribe if you havent yet & leave a comment down below !