Prince and the Pauper

Heart Breaker

Chapter 14: Prince and the Pauper

----------------------------------------------------------

 

         He ascended up the stairs, opening the door on his right. The lights were all off, he flicked the switch up turning the lights on. He plopped down on his bed, burying his head into his pillow. 'I don't think I could've been more obvious today.' Youngmin's conscience spoke to him. He kicked his legs up, squirming around with his head still in his pillow. The scene where he wrapped his scarf around Kyungmi replayed. At that point his cheeks were red and his ears tinted a bright pink. Butterflies still roamed around his stomach, although he was no longer with her but his heart still raced as if could pop right out of his chest at any moment.

         He remembered how her long, wavy black hair brushed past him on their first encounter. The way her long eyelashes batted when she would speak. Her eyes wide and her lips plumped. She wore very little make-up. Even in the simplest clothes she'd look stunning. Was it from the point where he accidentally bumped into her on their first day of school. Or from where he asked to borrow a pen from her. When was it that his heart started to waver from just the thought of her? From the moment he helped her write that fake love letter to Minwoo, to the time they went to MyungDong. It was all the little things that they would do together that would get his heart to start racing.

Youngmin sat up, looking straight at the wall in front of him. 'Youngmin, do you like Kyungmi?' He asked himself. He then shook his head and laid flat on his bed. 'Youngmin, no. You don't like Kyungmi, you're just friends.' His mind said one thing while his heart said another.

       Going to an arts school changed his life. It was much different experience in America than it was in Korea. For starters he had a much more stable life now than in America. He didn't have to juggle school and work like he did then, his mom was working full time as a nurse down by the local hospital near by- it was easier for her to find a job in Korea.

        Youngmin rolled his shoulders before going over to a drawer in his room, he searched under some papers and pulled out the document that Kwangmin gave him five days ago. It was the Document that contained the DNA results. He felt hurt at the fact that his mother never told him he had a brother- a twin brother to be exact. He scanned, something he did every night since he got it. He heavily sighed at the paper stopping his eyes at the bottom,

Parent/Guardian signature,

_________________________

        It wrote in English. The line was still unsigned. Youngmin didn't know how he was to tell his mother about the news. The news that he had met her other son and ex-husband. 'Oh, hey mom I go to school with my twin brother and I found my biological father who I now know exists.' Youngmin shook the thought out of his head.

      A smirk then crept upon his face. An idea came to mind. Youngmin took his Samsung cell phone out from the back pocket of his jeans. He punched in Kwangmin's number. Gratefully Kwangmin picked up his phone. Youngmin could hear their father yelling at Kwangmin in the background. He heard him saying that Kwangmin was being a lazy dump and to everything up. 'Harsh words from a so-called father.'

Youngmin thought. "What is it?" Kwangmin asked, irritated on the other line.

"Tomorrow morning meet me at the park twenty minutes before school starts, it's important." Youngmin said, he didn't bother to wait for a reply from Kwangmin- he just hung up.

     Youngmin's door knob twisted and his mother popped her head in. The bags under her eyes, her shoulder-length, black hair that had some white-ish, grey strands peeking out here and there. Her eyes stopped at her son. A smile was found on her face, "May I come in?" She sweetly asked.

    Youngmin nodded. His mother took a seat beside him on his bed, leaving some space between him and her. At Youngmin's quick reflexes his hand slid the DNA document under his pillow before his mother could even notice.

"How's my son?" The sound in her voice was calm and steady but there was a hit of urgency to her about their family secret she's been hiding; which was that Youngmin had a twin brother. For years she'd been wanting to tell him, but there weren't any perfect words to explain to him. In the end she settled to keep the secret a little longer.

---

      The atmosphere was very awkward. Kwangmin scratched the back of his head while yawning. His uniform was slightly ed and his tie wasn't properly done. Youngmin observed his every movement. This was the first time where the twins had been alone together ever since they met. Whenever the twins would meet someone would always be there whether it was the gang, their dad or Donghyun.

The two were never left alone. Kwangmin decided to break the silence, "What was so importa- yAH,"

     Youngmin pulled off Kwangmin's name tag, interrupting him in mid-sentence. He switched his name tag with Kwangmin's. Now Kwangmin had Youngmin's name tag and Youngmin had Kwangmin's. Youngmin pulled off his hood from the sweater he was wearing over his uniform to reveal his dark colored hair. His hair color was much similar to his twin's, it was nearly the same shade of brown.

"Just two days and one night,"

"You have to be kidding me. Are you out of your mind? What happens if we get caught doing this little exchange huh?" Kwangmin complained.

"Relax, we won't." Youngmin reassured. "You haven't met my- our mom, and the last time I met dad we got off on the wrong foot. Just act like me for two days and I'll act like you, simple?"

      Kwangmin put some thought into this. It was a win win situation for him. He didn't have to hear his dad's irritating voice scolding him for not taking a business course in university. On top of that he also got to meet his long lost mother.Kwangmin took off his black leather jacket that he was wearing, "Meet me here Friday seven in the evening... hyung." Kwangmin handed Youngmin his jacket.

Gladly, Youngmin took the jacket smiling and in exchange Youngmin handed Kwangmin his hoodie. "Lighten up," Youngmin murmured patting his back, "I'll be going first. You're in class A- section 2." He lastly hollered.

---

N/A: From this point Kwangmin is Youngmin and Youngmin is Kwangmin.

"You're usually here before me," I said to Youngmin. Today I noticed Youngmin looked different, the spark in his eyes whenever he would talk to me would disappear. His eyes were more narrow. Although his hair brush past his eye brows. 'Ah that's what it is, he dyed his hair a different shade.'

"I forgot to set my alarm and woke up late," Youngmin said a bit flatly.

   I nodded my head, not wanting to press on the conversation anymore. I turned my focus to the front. I realized that Minwoo's desk was still empty.

"I'M HERE!!" His voice came in panting. "Ah, damn the teacher isn't even here and I ran for nothing? Pft." Minwoo said loosening his tie and walking straight to Youngmin and I. "Nice hair Youngmin," Minwoo complimented, "Ugly face Kyungmi," he insulated me.

I sent Minwoo a death glare and kicked him in the shins, "I never really liked you to be honest." I mumbled.

"Says the person who confessed her un- denying for me in the third grade," Minwoo smirked.

     My face grew red with embarrassment and blood rushed to my ears making it a bright pink color. Okay it was true I had a small crush on Minwoo but that was in the third grade, I'm completely over him now. If anything I think that's what brought us closer today. I kicked Minwoo in the shins harder than I did the first time. 'This kid is still so immature.'

Youngmin looked at Minwoo and I. The look on his face was expressionless but it read confuse all over. 'Their relationship is so close.'

"Is something wrong?" I asked Youngmin.

He snapped out of his gaze, "No.. nothing," Youngmin said. He faced the front straightening himself out as the teacher now entered the class.

"No Minwoo, is there a problem with your because why aren't you seated?" The teacher scolded.

   Minwoo only bowed his head and took his seat which was infront of me. As he sat down I kicked his chair. I smirked behind him. My eyes then fell on Youngmin. He was acting strange. It was like he was a whole new person. But then again it could be because he lacked sleep.

 

-------------------------------------------------

ooooOOoOOOOoo kwangmin & youngmin switched roles ~ sorry for not updating for awhile + for the pretty crappy update

but thank you all for the support you've been giving your authors ~!! Don't forget to subscribe if you haven't yet and comment down below about what you think about this chapter or what you think is going to happen in the next chapter. but if you don't comment that's cool too lol

until next time ~ xx