One moment

Heart Breaker

Chapter 27: One moment

------------------------------------------------ 

Author P.O.V

 

     She sat there uncomfortablely. She looked around the place trying to occupy herself and kill time. She's already been waiting for less then ten minutes and she suddenly got impatience; that was unlikely of her. She hasn't seen him in what seems like decades and anxiety built up in her. The door suddenly opened and she stood up, clutching on to her purse. There she saw him. Someone she once loved. Somehow the feelings that she choose to forget all these years came pouring down to her, allowing all the good and bad memories reminisce themselves. Then anger was replaced.

"Min... Minyoung," he murmured.

   They were at an restaurant that was not too far from his company. He took a seat in front of her. It was the restaurant where the two had first met. He smiled at her sincerely. "It's been so long, hasn't it?" He said pouring one of the champagne's into her cup first then his second.

"It's been eighteen years," She commented before taking a sip of her drink.

"Well our boys have grown to b-" 

"How long have you known?" She asked him.

"I beg your pardon?"

"How long have you known they found each other?" She said explaining her question.

"I was the one who told them to do the DNA test and their results were 99.8% accurate. I couldn't believe it at first, it was completely amaz-"

"And you didn't bother to tell me since??!" She was fuming but she tried to keep her cool. After all she was in a public place, she didn't want to cause a scene.

"You know now," he reasoned. "Look I came her to buy you dinner and this is how you treat me?" 

"I'm here for the sake of our sons." She firmly stated.

"I'm giving Youngmin an opportunity to have a better education, Min. I want him to inherit my company. Kwangmin has other plans and I've spoke to Youngmin and he's willing to do this." He said ecstatic. 

He took out a piece of paper and pushed it forward to her. Hesitantly she took it and opned the paper. It was a contract. It was a contract about Youngmin. It stated that he would be able to study abroad for a business program. After three years of studying he would do a year worth of an internship in Hong Kong before he could return to Seoul and take over the company. 

"You want Youngmin to go abroad?" She asked.

"This week would be nice to send him," He said before taking a sip of his drink.

"He hasn't even finished his school and he's to be going to Japan-"

      He took hold of her two hands, trying to calm her down and keep her from babbling. "Japan for some silly little music thing. This is a one time chance Min. Youngmin will be set off for the future with this," He half-heartedly smiled. "You have two days to convince him. You and I know it's for the better."

---

       It's been three days since my confession to Kwangmin and twenty-three hours since since his confession. 'At least I think it was a confession.' Just when I confess he states were not even friends then the next few days he tells me he likes me and kisses me, AGAIN. I couldn't talk to Kwangmin. I meant it when I said we should only talk to each other if it only concerns 8teen. Besides, we were all so busy with our own things I couldn't talk to him even if I wanted to. Not just myself or Kwangmin but the whole gang. Usually after practices we would just head home and rest. 

      I snuck a glance at him through the mirror. It reflected his image. He was near the window with Jeongmin. He was busy rehearsing his lines for his solo moment I guess. He was in a gaze and he looked somewhat handsome- 'No. Not handsome.' I observed him more and saw that he kept fumbling over words. He practiced his expression a lot too. He half smirked, after saying one of his lines. He turned his head to the side to look out the window. I saw his sharp jawline, which was a complete turn on. 'No. No jawline. No turn on.'

"Yah Kyungmi. Hey, Kyungmi!! Hey brat!!!" Minwoo whined which snapped me out of my gaze. I shook my head and looked at Minwoo completely confused. "You missed your part," He said.

"Oh... Is that so?" I asked nodded my head. The song was near the end and I missed forty seconds of my part. I was supposed to have a little solo moment right after Minwoo. 

"Hey let's take a break. You look tired. Is everything alright?" He asked me throwing a cold bottle of water in my direction.

When I was chugging down the bottle of water I was debating whether I should tell him my situation with Kwangmin. He is after all my best friend, I'm supposed to tell him everything. But best friends need to have their own personal secrets right? 'Eh, I can save that for another day and tell him about something else.' Before I knew it I finished the bottle of water. "I'm worried about Japan about 8teen and the gang.. about my mom."

"Hey, everything will be fine. We're so close to leaving. Nothing can ruin it." Minwoo reassured holding two thumbs up.

    Youngmin entered the studio out of uniform. He was wearing a pair of black jeans and a denim button up. His hair was pussed to one side, all styled and everything. 'He surprisingly looks fancy... And hot... - Nope. No hot.' 

    His lips pressed in a thin line and he made his way o Donghyun. "Sorry for being extremely late and not attending class today hyung." Youngmin bowed. He had his arms extended holding out a piece of paper. Soon the whole gang stopped all their matters and focused their attention to Youngmin. Donghyun took the sheet and unfolded the piece.

Donghyun's eyes grew wide. "Youngmin, you know this is the day we leave for Japan right? Why the sudden decision?"

     Minwoo and I exchanged glances, we got up from where we were sitting to take a look of what Donghyun was so shocked about. Before Minwoo could take the paper Kwangmin snatched it from his hands. Immediately Kwangmin scanned the paper. "Jo Youngmin will not be participating in the next following school year and will move to Anaheim, California for education reasons. He will be taking his leave on Tuesday, June twelve." He read out loudly.

He rolled his eyes and scoffed. "Hyung, dad had something to do with this right? It's for the business program isn't?" Kwangmin asked.

Youngmin kept silent.

"You can't leave," Minwoo pleaded. "We've gotten this far and we leave for Japan in three days."

      Youngmin couldn't look at anyone. He kept his eyes glued to the ground. "Apparently my flight to L.A leaves in three days as well." He stated. "You guys will do fine without me." He reassured sending a smile out to all.

"It's not going to be there the same." I say. "We''ve already practiced this as a whole, it's too late for you to back out Jo Youngmin."

He threw his arms in the air and grunted, "If it was only that easy. The papers are already signed by the principal and both our parents so there's nothing I can do." 

Youngmin took out his plane ticket from Japan and handed it to Donghyun. Donghyun looked at him wide-eyed and pushed the ticket toward Youngmin, "Keep it. There's still time for you to think about it." 

     Youngmin hesitantly took the ticket and slipped it back into his back pocket. He merely smiled. "I'll see you guys at school tomorrow. I have a meeting with dad." Youngmin bid.

Everyone waved and watch his body disappear into th darkness. 

"How did this happen?" Jeongmin asked.

Donghyun coughed and looked at Kwangmin. "Did you do this ?" Hana innocently asked.

"He offered to take over the business. I never knew he was to take off to America on the day we go to Japan! I told him to watch out. He doesn't know he's being into his plans for the money. Damn," he said all flustered. 

He was going to chase after Youngmin but I took a hold of hims arm and pulled him back. "Don't go." I said in a firm voice. He looked at me with eyes pleading. "You're only going to make matters worse..." I slightly mattered the last part.

"Kyungmi's right Kwangmin. Let's just leave matter as it is. If luck is on our side then he'll stay." Hyunseong said.

    Kwangmin abundantly shook my hand off his arm. He tilted his head to one side. His eyes looked at me with such fire. He his lips then bit his bottom lip. He sighed, "Let's continue practicing. We don't have time to waste." Kwangmin said resuming to the spot he was in before the commotion with Youngmin happened.

 

---

 

"Mom, I'll call you back later." Youngmin said before hanging up.

"Youngmin-ah, you don't have to do this. If you go to Japan and win you'll have the scholarship. You won't let your teammates down. Think about it wisely," His mom advised before she ended the call.

     All Youngmin could think about was his family. What would happen with Kwangmin and him perusing his dream. His mom, how well off she would be if he ran his father's company. How proud his father would be. Even if he wasn't happy at least there were others who were happy for him. 'What that's not right. I should be living a life that makes me happy.' He sighed. 'What would happen to Kwangmin, couldn't I just compromise with dad or something? There's was at least thirty-seven hours before the flight.-' 

"Youngmin-ssi,"

Youngmin's thoughts were interrupted. "Ah yes?" He replied.

"Mr. Jo is ready to see you. He's in his office waiting for you,"

"Make the right choices," 

     Youngmin got up and passed the secretary. Youngmin looked back and could've sworn he heard her whisper that in a faint voice. He shook his head and opened the door to the office. "Let's make a deal."

 

---------------------------

UPDATEEE~ 

first off!!! thank you to the new subscribers, y'all make me smile (: second, how do you guys think of this chapter ?? don't forget to leave a comment down below bc comments brighten my day and give me a motivation to write the next chapter. & if you haven't subscribed yet don't forget to do soo! 

Until next time !!!