Feel the Beat

Heart Breaker

Chapter 12: Feel the Beat

----------------------------------------------------

 

     I moved my head back and forth, tapping my foot to the beat of the music. I looked at the mirror. I could see all the slight imperfections on my face. My hair was messy and my heart was racing. The adrenaline rushed through my veins giving slight energy bursts. I puffed my cheeks. The slow soft sound of the music began playing. I extended one leg out and moved my arms above my head. Up and down my arms freely swung. The beat started to pick up, I started to loosen up by doing spins and leaps. It's been a while since I've done this.

     I changed the song to a mix of hip hop and jazz. I remembered that this song was my very first choreography. It was the same song I used for my audition to this school. I took off my ballet flats and put on my favorite worn out grey that used to be white converse. I smiled at myself in the mirror. Dancing was something I did to clear my mind; to get away from everything and everyone in the world. When it came to dancing, one thing I was sure about was when I would dance everything I thought about would disappear- wash away into the ocean and never come back. I matched my beat to the tempo. Moving my body instinct to the music being played. I let out a hard sigh.

    Now I was drenched in my own sweat. My breathing was heavy, I was gasping for air. I laid down like a star fish on the cold, hard wooden floor; the lights were dimmed. Minwoo had shown me a dance studio that he would go to. It was a dance studio not located far from the school. Tonight was the night I wanted to be alone. I didn't need my grandmother nagging me about going back home or asking where I came from or anything. I just told her I'd be at a friend's place tonight.

     I looked out the window- the moon was glistening. I closed my eyes; I was reminded of Kwangmin. I could see his face clearly now when the memory would pop up. I wondered why he even bothered to save me that night. Although, it's been more than a month since it happened the questions still lingered the air. I wonder if he even knew my name. The image of Kwangmin in my mind started to faded, it was being replaced by Youngmin. His face was so angelic- just like his voice. He would always cling on to my side when Minwoo would bicker with me. I found that rather cute. My curiosity started wondering to assumptions.

Youngmin is caring, he's kind, he's smart, he's handsome- he's basically a gentleman. Then there's Kwangmin, who's cold-hearted and mysterious, but he's handsome; he's looks are like a magnet.

   The two boy's images were side-by-side in my imagination. I wanted to ask them so much but I would be impolite if I did so. I shook my head, opening my eyes and I stood up sighing. I put my hand over my heart, "Aish, this is impossible.."

    I stood up ready to dance again. This time I wanted to dance slowly; putting back my ballet flats on. I went over to my iPod playing 'River Flows in You'. It was a quiet piano piece. I lifted my leg up to my head while doing a turn. I was just fooling around with some turns and spins, realizing that my ballet flats weren't tied up all the away.

'Snap'

My body collapsed. I cursed under my breath, "Damn it Kyungmi," I sprained my ankle.. again. I only hugged my left leg. I could feel the pain rush to my eyes. I didn't want to waste my tears on such an event.

"Endure the pain," I told myself, closing my eyes tightly.

  Suddenly, I felt a pair of arms wrap around me. I opened my eyes seeing his familiar figure close to mine but this time there was physical contact. Unknowingly my arms found it's way to wrap around his neck. He was carrying me bridal style. He was still wearing his school uniform. At that time I felt very close to him. Everything seemed to stop. It was just the two of us and no one else. Why was he doing this again? I shut my eyes inhaling his scent. A tear escaped my eye.

"Kyungmi," He hissed. "When are you going to stop getting into trouble?"

---

   I woke up in a room. The walls were painted white. The room was only simple. I the other side of the bed seeing a large window. I saw Seoul's city morning sky line. I then realized- I wasn't in my room. This wasn't my house.

There was a pounding in my head, I recalled I was at the studio. Then I twisted my ankle. My head stopped spinning. I came back to my senses. I moved the blanket off on me, I was still in the clothes I was in last night. Looking down at my foot. My left foot had been bandaged and carefully treated. The door opened and he came in holding a tray that carried cup noodles and a jug of water. He laid the tray by the corner of the bed. 'I slept at a guy's house. More or worst- Kwangmin's house.' I shook my head.

"Don't leave it there, it might spill," I took the tray from him. He looked down at me with piercing eyes. The scar.

"Thank you," I said. He was about to walk out until I got out of bed and limped my way to him. I took a hold of his arm, "Don't go." I said. I looked at him directly in the eyes. Kwangmin didn't look angry or annoyed like he usually would. His expression was more calm and toned down.

"By putting more pressure on your left ankle the longer it will take to heal," He said pushing me back to the bed.

   I put the tray on my lap, biting on the chopstick, 'Thank you for the meal, I'll eat well.' I slurped the noodles down and sheepishly smile and Kwangmin, "Sorry for being a burden to you.. just call Minwoo and he'll pick me up." I drank a cup of water.

I looked over at Kwangmin. He was holding a book in his hand. I looked at him. Maybe he wasn't so bad after all. He's actually nicer than I thought. He sort of has a gentle side of him.

"Hasn't your mother taught you not to stare at people." He spoke without looking up once.

   I coughed. I was sure I choked on my own saliva. Oh great, he caught me staring. Was I really starring for that long? My cheeks tinted a pink color. I bit my bottom lip uneasily. He only focused his attention on the book, "Actually, she hasn't... You have a nice room." I said looking around, it may be plain but it was simple, neat and tidy.

Kwangmin closed the book he had and placed it back on the shelf to its rightful spot. "If that's all, I'll be going-"

"What happened to your face.. I mean the scar?" I looked at him, I carefully stood up.

"I really don't know where this is going," His was calm and steady. I looked at him. He wore black jeans, a grey t-shirt and a navy blue cardigan. His hair swiped his eyes, his lips stayed in a straight line. His features were so feminine like Youngmin but his figure brought a more masculine vibe.

   Making my way to him. He was much taller than he was to me. I looked up and he looked down. I could clearly see his face. I noticed the little blemishes on his face, there was much more to Kwangmin. I could see that today he was different; the look in his eyes said it all. Normally he would've just ignored me like I didn't exist. Now I could see that he knew I was in his presence.

"The scar above your eye brow. What happened?" I asked.

He focused his gaze else where, "It's something that doesn't concern you."

'But it does concern me. I was the one you saved.' You noticed he had a perfect jaw-line his physical appearance was attractive however his personality was such a piece of poo. Of course looking at it, his actions should have some sort of meaning. There is a reason for everything. Something tells me that Kwangmin wasn't like this before. The way Hyunseong, Jeongmin, Minwoo and Donghyun treat him; they treat him differently as if they're afraid they'll say the wrong thing and offend him.

"Why did you help me last night at the studio?" I suddenly asked. I sat on the bed. I was on the edge sitting with my feet on the ground and my head resting on the palms of me hands.

   Kwangmin slid his hands into his pockets, "What did you want me to do? Leave you there? Yah Kyungmi, I'm not stupid. That's like surpassing a dead man on the streets," He puffed his cheeks out, "I'm not all so cold-hearted as you think I am." He answered freely. He opened the curtains of his window, clearly you could saw the city skyline. The town was busy. "What I'm trying to say is don't hurt yourself, I'm tired of cleaning up your mess." A part of him wanted to tell her. He wanted to explain everything, but he held it back.

"What are yo-"

The door bell rang.

"I contacted Minwoo last night. The reason to why he couldn't pick you up is because his parents were nagging him about his university choices; that's why I had to sleep on the couch. But whatever he's here now." Kwangmin explained. He carefully took the tray off my lap and waited for me to exit his room first. 'This girl is seriously something,'

---

"Yah! Kyungmi, what's your grandmother going to say when she sees your ankle?" Minwoo scold.

"Calm down, you're talking as if you're her. Look she's not going to know, when's the next group practice?" I asked. I rested my chin on Minwoo's shoulder, my arms were around his neck as his arms supported my legs on his back. This kid offered to piggyback me home.

"You can skip next practice and rest," Minwoo said.

"Yah, last time I checked you weren't the team leader."

Minwoo stopped his walking, "Yah you idiot. If you keep doing nonsense who knows if you'll even be able to compete with us."

"Oppa!" I whined, "Just let me attend practice, I don't want Hana to be lonely plus I won't do anything no dance; no nothing!" I reassured.

"Tch, whatever you say," Minwoo said.

  Minwoo's weakness was when I would call him 'oppa'. When we were younger my dad told me to call Minwoo oppa because he was a month older than me. Of course I had to obey him but as the time past I would just end up calling him Minwoo. By calling him oppa, it would remind him of our younger years together.

I then remembered my chat with Kwangmin. That jerk has a soft spot for helping others. I felt my heart beat faster. The speed quickened. 'I'm tired of cleaning up your mess.' I smiled. What a guy he is.

 

-------------------------------------

YAY~ updatee and new subscribers! *Bows 90 degrees.* Thank you all for the support!

Well here you have chapter 11! Please continue to support by either subscribing (if you haven't) and don't forget to leave a comment down below, your authors would sure love to read them ! ^^

Alright guys, take care- until next time xx