MCW SCOUTS

Heart Breaker

Chapter 10: MCW SCOUTS

------------------------------------------------

 

"Kyungmi! Kyungmi, Kyungmi, KYUUNGMI!!"

     Irritated I looked at the boy. Brown shady hair, long nose and one hell of a loud mouth. Minwoo was calling for me. He told me to meet him by the park eight- thirty in the morning. I was puzzled to why he wanted to meet so early, I asked to meet at noon but he didn't take noon for an answer. So eventually I had to agree because he stuck on to me like a blood- leech, begging with his little whiny voice. He was telling me it was urgent, so urgent that I had to wake up eight- thirty on a Saturday morning for his 'urgency'.

    'So Minwoo called the whole group huh.' To my surprise Jeongmin, Hyunseong, Donghyun and Youngmin was there but no sign of Kwangmin. I wasn't really excepting Youngmin to show up especially with the incident last Thursday with Kwangmin. They never told us what really happened that day. All I heard was they took a blood test or something to find out if the relation was true, that was the reason for both their absences on Friday; as Jeongmin stated.

   Jeongmin scratched the back of his neck and wrinkled his nose, "Yah... Minwoo-ah what are you up to now?" Everyone looked tired. Yawning and arm stretching; what a hassle Minwoo has brought to us. Well at least all of us looked tired except Donghyun.

"Come on wake up children! Enjoy the fresh air while we're young! Oh, I sense spring is coming very soon," Donghyun said rather very cheery.

    Hyunseong hit his hyung on the back of his neck, "Shutup hyung, I'm not in the mood- the only reason I'm here is because this twit kept annoying me."

    Youngmin and I stayed side-by-side. I could see him yawning. A part of me was filled with curiosity. I wanted to ask if him what happened with Kwangmin, if everything was alright. But then again it was his personal life and not mine. So why should I even bother?

    Donghyun wrapped and arm around me. I cringed. I hadn't formally met the guy because the last time I saw him he was caught in a pickle between Kwangmin and Youngmin. "I don't think we've formally met, Donghyun! Student council," he said shaking my hand. I loudly yawned, "Kyungmi," I said.

Minwoo clasped his hands together, "Alright kids!"

"Yah! Yah! Yah, I'm pretty sure we're all older than you," Jeongmin scoffed.

"Anyi," Minwoo shook his head and folded his arms, like the little child he is, "Kyungmi's birthday is in August."

     I cursed him under my breath. I didn't like when people would put my birthday on blast. I wasn't a fan of birthday parties or celebrations. In my opinion it was a waste of money. Just buy me a small cake and I'll be pretty contented with that. "Can you get back on topic?" I hissed.

"With joy!" Minwoo looked at each of us. He took a piece of paper from the back of his pocket, "Well, you see now that we're all in our last year of high school I think we should form a group," Minwoo passed the flyer around.

"But aren't we already a 'group'," Youngmin said forming quotations when saying the word 'group'.

"This is different my friend," He wrapped his arm around the tall boy. Minwoo then stood on top of the bench hovering over us five, "We go to an arts school for a reason.. right? I think we should audition for this thing."

     I took the flyer in my hand. It was a decorated with animated fireworks. The headline read, 'MCW SCOUTS'. It was to consist a group of eight members. The group was to go through different stages throughout the competition as you advanced to the next round. The group that comes in first get a scholarship to Seoul's Performing Arts University for each competitor. This was something to consider, I guess Minwoo wanted us to join because we got the skills. After all we are in an art school itself.

"So, we got here eight-thirty, on a Saturday morning- to join for some audition thing?" Youngmin asked. Obediently Minwoo nodded his head. "I'm in," he faintly said.

Minwoo's eyes widened with pleasure at Youngmin's answer.

"This sounds like a great idea, I'm in,"

"Call me in too,"

"I guess it wouldn't hurt to try,"

The five boys looked at me. Waiting for my answer to whether I would agree to join or not. "We need eight members, so far we only have six," I stated.

    "So you'll do it?" Minwoo said in a high pitched voice. I only simply nodded at him. He ran to me. He was cooing how he was thankful for a friend like me. He kept repeating himself, word after word. He came and gave me a tight squeeze, which Minwoo referred to as 'hugging'. He literally squeezed the living hell out of me, "Min-woo- Let. Me. Go," I breathed. Youngmin was the one to split us apart. To my relief and gratitude, I said, "Thank you for saving my life." I dusted myself off moving away from Minwoo.

"We only need one more member," Hyunseong said tapping his chin.

    I looked around, counting how many people were present. 'If they can count there's only six people right now.' I made sure that I was sure there was six people. I double counted, no I triple counted maybe even quadruple counted. "Buu-t there's only.. huh?" I mumbled. Was I missing something too? I looked over to Youngmin. His head was all over the place, I assumed he was counting the amount of heads there was too.

"What did I miss?"

That voice.

    Everyone knew who the owner of that voice belonged to, even though this was only my third time meeting him. His voice was just recorded in my head. He was wearing a denim button up under his jacket and a pair of black sweats. One earphone in his ear and the other dangling around. Closely looking him, I see the scar on his eyebrow had darken. That was a mark that stayed. The scar I knew that marked he was the one who saved me. My mind fleecing with curiosity, I wonder if he knew I was the one he saved. I wanted to ask but now wasn't the right time either.

"Kwangmin you're here!" Donghyun exclaimed.

"Yah, why are you late. How is it that you got to come later than us?" Hyunseong asked.

"I woke up late," he excused.

   Kwangmin went over to Youngmin, "Hyung." He mumbled. Although he mumbled the word 'hyung' it was loud enough for the six of us to ear. Youngmin looked at him. Youngmin was expressionless. He wasn't sure how to act at the situation.

"Hold on it's true that you're twins?" I heard Jeongmin ask.

    Kwangmin pulled out a white signed paper from his pocket. On the sheet it was written in large letters in English, 'APRIL 24, 1995 TWINS.' It was also signed and stamped. We were all in shock. 'Twins separated at birth, interesting.' Kwangmin handed the paper to Youngmin, "Get this signed your mom."

Taking the paper he spoke, "Don't you want to meet her?"

"Now is not the time,"

     Us five watched. It was interesting seeing the twins interact. It was like a mirror effect. But clearly here you can see the similarities and differences between the two. Right away you can tell that their personalities are worlds apart. Kwangmin was high class and Youngmin was middle class. Kwangmin had a more cold side to him and Youngmin was more warm towards others. It was like prince and the pauper except the fact that they haven't switched roles.

"Wait," Donghyun stepped in the conversation, "That means we're cousins too. Oh great!" He clasped hugging Youngmin.

Minwoo came in the middle of the twins and Donghyun. He started talking again, "Excuse me.. sorry to interrupt here but we were just discussing the joining MCW SCOUTS. Soo, Kwangmin is now added to our group."

"Who said I wanted to join?" Kwangmin retorted.

      Minwoo gave him a hard look. His eyes were talking to him. Pleading for him to join. The way Minwoo made a soft and gentle look just to get Kwangmin to say yes. It was like manipulating to the others' eyes. Kwangmin tried to keep his cold attitude to Minwoo. Eventually Kwangmin looked away meaning he gave in, "Fine, whatever."

"So does this mean no play?"

"Wait we have to find another member,"

"Where will we even practice?"

"How are we going to do this,"

All sorts of questions where being thrown at Minwoo. Minwoo only knew where and when those questions will be answered.

 

-------------------------------------

Chapter 9 !!

~ A BIG thank you goes out to all the new subscribers ! Comments are well appreciated also ! 

Don't forget to subscribe if you haven't yet and leave a comment down below !

until next time xx your authors