Something Sweet

Heart Breaker

Chapter 20: Something sweet?

---------------------------------------

 

"If you were cold you could've just brought your jacket instead of bringing the whole bedroom," He sarcastically said.

     I wrapped the blanket around me tighter, I was too lazy to fetch my sweater and the blanket was already on the bed so I just took the blanket, extra bonus is that the blanket is so much warmer than what my jacket would've provided. Anyway, I wasn't expecting anyone to be up at this hour, I thought I would be the only one who would be awake.

    The moon surrounded by stars glistening in the evening sky. Only the sound of the waves could be heard. I turned to face him. He looked so calmed and relaxed yet worried filled his eyes. He maintained a stern face, he looked as if watching the waves crash against each other were washing away his emotions. I observed all his facial features, making me remember that everyone has their own flaws.

"Did it hurt?" I asked.

   He kept his hands in his pocket and he looked at me with his big, brown doe eyes. He furrowed his eyebrows together, "What are you talking about?" He asked. I came closer to him. I tiptoed to reach his height and I let my hand his faint but visible scar above his left eyebrow. He didn't growl or tell me to stop, but instead he looked at me with amused eyes. "That's nothing," He removed my hand away from his face.

"Why do you keep helping me?" I asked him.

    He looked at me with a sincere expression. Slow and steady his heart raced as the walls around his heart started to crumble down into tiny bits of pieces. He triggered the memory to where we first inquired each other. His right hand was in his pocket clenching on the pendant that was given to him as a gift, a gift that he didn't want to give away. It was a token of love, a love that never died. "If I was drowning right now, would you jump in the water and pull me out?"

I blinked a few times. 'Where is he trying to go with this? What point does he want to prove?' This had nothing to do with the question I just asked him, "What does this have to-"

"Just answer my question," he demanded.

"Of course I would! What kind of sick person leaves a person drowning in the middle of the ocean?" I answered.

"Then I believe you just answered your own question," Kwangmin answered. He turned his heals to leave but only stopped to the call of his name.

     "I'm sorry for causing you so much trouble. It's just I've been in a series of mess. I ran away from home- well not really because my mom knows where I am now and so much has been happening, all the things I least expected to happen- happened. Sometimes I wish I could drown and have no one save me but I know I'd just be doing wrong. Plus my dad would be really disappointed. I miss him the most. The reason why I'm back in Seoul is because of him. I want to visit him but I don't have the courage to.. Ever since I came to Seoul everything became the opposite of what I planned to happen. I mean it's not a bad thing or anything.. It's-just-I-BLEH!" I tongue tied my words together in frustration. I let everything out. I was tried of keeping secrets, everything just slowly started to come out one at a time. It was like my mouth couldn't stop babbling.

   I felt his thumb coarse my face, wiping the tear stains on my cheeks. "You haven't caused me trouble. If anything, I should be thanking you. You may not know what you've done but you've done a lot. If you don't mind, I'll come and visit your father with you- if you want... I mean it's your choice.." Kwangmin stopped his talking and reached in his pocket and pulled out Jae's necklace. It was a silver heart. He moved my hair out of my face and wrapped the necklace around my neck. The cold, silver jewelry fixed around my neck perfectly. I didn't understand the meaning of this and before I could ask his voiced filled in. "Someone really close gave me this as a present to me. She's someone who I still think of up to this very point. She once told me that, after darkness there is light." Kwangmin lifted my chin up, making me meet eyes with him. 'And I think I know what she means by it.' He slowly leaned in and kissed my forehead.

---

"Kyungmi, get up," Jeongmin cooed. Hyunseong handed Jeongmin a plate of breakfast which consisted of eggs and bacon freshly cooked. Jeongmin waved the plate in front of my nose, but of course I didn't budge. Jeongmin and Hyunseong gave each other an odd look, it was already passed eleven and I still wasn't awake. "I think we need an expert.. Call Minwoo," Hyunseong commanded.

    Minwoo came in a few minutes after and took a look at the sleeping me. He put the plate of food down by the bedside and took a pillow. He came close and whispered in my ear, "If you don't get up when I count to five I'll hit you with a pillow. One, two, three- four- five." Minwoo took the pillow and slapped it against my face, "GET UP YOU UGLY FART!" I jolted up as soon as Minwoo hit me once.

I averted my eyes towards him, "You're going to ing pay for this.." I hissed under my breath. I took the plate of food and began to eat slowly. "You guys can leave, I'll be down in twenty minutes.." I growled.

   Hyunseong and Jeongmin looked frightened at my death glares I was shooting towards Minwoo. The two scurried out as quickly as possible and Minwoo only smirked at his work on getting me up. Instead of leaving the boy came beside me on my bed, "Where were you between the hours of 2:30 and 3:30?"

I swallowed hard and took a nice, deep breath before I answered, "Sleeping of course."

"Right because Kwangmin still hasn't gotten up yet either. You sure nothing happened between you two because Hana said that she didn't see you around that time." Minwoo raised his eyebrow at me.

I could feel my ears starting to change into a shade of pink, "Promise me you won't tell?" I asked.

     Minwoo nodded and stuck his pinky out. Our pinkies interlocked, showing a promise was to be kept and sealed. "I couldn't sleep so I went to take a walk. I was there way before him." I explained exaggerating the word, 'way'. I pulled out the necklace that was still wrapped around my neck, "We talked for awhile and he gave me this. He never really explained why he gave it- he kind've just put it on me... Minwoo I don't understand this! My heart always beats the fastest when I'm with him but then somehow I think about Youngmin and my heart changes, I really don't know to be honest. " I threw my hands up in the air after taking a bite out of the bacon, "Kwangmin's being too nice to me and Youngmin too! They are really twins!! They're both so kind and considerate in their own way.. I feel like a burden towards them. "

     Minwoo touched the necklace around my neck. He recognized it. He knew it was Jae's necklace, "Oh Kyungmi, you're just to blind to see it. They both like you, if it isn't obvious enough. Kwangmin may not admit it but he knows how to show it, I should know I've been friends with him the longest excluding you. Oh, Youngmin too! He shows it twenty-four-seven. He's always around you, he always takes your side in an argument and don't think I don't know that you were the one who put that secret love letter with Youngmin. Jeongmin gave up eventually." Minwoo explained.

     I rested my head on my hands, all this crazy talk about the twins started to give me a headache. 'What if it is true? What if both the twins do like me? What will I do? Nope! This is impossible!' I shook my head and handed my now empty plate to Minwoo and pushed him off the bed, "I'm going to get dressed, get out."

Obediently he followed my orders, "Keep in mind that you can't have both of them." Minwoo finished off before fully exiting the room; leaving me with my thoughts to haunt.

'Youngmin or Kwangmin?'

 

---------------------------------------

UPDATEE 
wow after a billion years i've updated ... yeah really, really SORR, like i said before school has been taking up so much of my time, i probably wont even update for another three weeks or so bc exams are starting reaaal soon.
THANKS to all the new subscribers !! :(( kinda bummed that i havent seen people commenting but it's all cool ! ur authors still love ya, heh. howd u like this chapter?? please comment down below and dont forget to subscribe if u havent yet!!
 
s/o to all those who are studying for exams !! i wish u all the best !!~^^ be sure to check out my twitter @kimchilee_
FIGHTING