A day of choice

Heart Breaker

Chapter 25: A day of choice

--------------------------------------------------------

 

         I had my eyes glued to the mirror I was standing in front of. I was practicing a dance Minwoo and I had choreographed a while back- actually it was a choreography that Minwoo and I did in our middle school year before I left for Japan. We had danced for a competition and placed second in that, when clearly we deserved first, the first runner ups missed a few beats here and there and Minwoo and I made NO mistakes, we practiced twenty-four-seven; I guess luck wasn't in our pockets that day. The story or theme of the dance was young love. We were playing as unknown strangers trying to say approach one another which then leads to something more.

        I was brushing up my moves with my ear phones on, listening to the music. It wasn't intentionally a fast song but it had a really good beat to it. Minwoo and I agreed to do this song for the MCW SCOUTS competition- if we made it of course. I was practicing the song alone in the dance studio while Hyunseong and Jeongmin rehearsed a song, Kwangmin played on his phone and Youngmin was catching up on some homework. I got distracted and peeked at the twin's reflection in the mirror. I saw completely different images and they are two completely different images. I told myself that if we make the cut to Japan I'd confess to Kwangmin. This was clearly a one in a million chance and a risk I was willing to take. 

       If I were to confess to Kwangmin there were a lot of things to consider. Like the relationship Kwangmin and I were gonna be in; if he didn't accept my feelings it'd be awkward and if he did accept- well it's a whole other story. But the confession wouldn't only effect me but Youngmin too. Having him as a really close friend and having him know that I like his twin when he (Youngmin) confessed to me. A lot of other things could happen too, the point is that it wouldn't just effect me and I need to consider other's feelings too. 'Why did two boys- no, twins have to like me, I'm not a tad attractive whatsoever.'

    Minwoo came rushing through the door with his uniform sleeves rolled up and sweat running down from the sides of his head. He loosened his tie and entered the room as if nothing happened. 

"How was detention?" Hyunseong asked throwing a bottle of water towards Minwoo.

Minwoo caught the bottle and shrugged his shoulders, "He made me clean the classroom."

"That's not too bad," Youngmin said.

"Hey, at least you didn't have to clean the boys bathroom," Kwangmin scoffed trying to shake away the bad memory. 

I took my earphones off and stopped my dancing, joining the conversation with the boys, "How did you get detention this time?" I asked Minwoo.

"In my defense, I shouldn't have gotten detention," Minwoo defended himself.

"That wasn't the question she asked," Jeongmin clarified.

"Okay, so I covered his pens, pencils and the top surface of his desk in petroleum jelly- you know vaseline? Then I attached a sticky note on a mug that I placed on his desk saying, 'enjoy your day.' I filled the mug with a little bit of black coffee mixed with vinegar. Oh man! It was seriously so funny! You should've seen his face!!" Minwoo explained laughing.

"I don't get why you shouldn't have gotten detention?" I questioned.

"It was a senior prank- let the spirit rise Kyungmi," Minwoo slung his arm around me, "As the last bits as seniors we should enjoy it. Plus it was really funny!" Minwoo said before bursting out of laughter. I pushed the weirdo off of me and rolled my eyes at him.

     Hana came running through the door, with her hands gripping on a piece of paper, "Is... Donghyun oppa... here??" She said in between breathes.

The six of us shrugged, "Haven't seen him." Jeongmin answered on behalf of the rest.

Donghyun then entered the room, "Why are you guys just standi-"

     "AHHHH!!" Hana screamed, stopping everyone's heart. She jumped up and down waving the piece of paper in the air. By the look on everyone's faces we were all confused but I guess she was happy. She was squealing and there was a sparkle in her eyes. Minwoo approached her telling her to calm down; only did she squeal more. Jeongmin moved to her and held her by the arms and whispered in her ears and she shut up immediately. 'It probably had to do with her obvious crush on Minwoo.'

     She took a big breath in and a grin was widely plastered on her face, "GUESS WHO MADE MCW SCOUTS!?!?" Hana screamed waving the paper that she had in her hand ever since she came in.

        It was a verification letter and a congratulation certificate. Soon the whole gang started cheering and hugging each other but I stood there in shock. I was to going to Japan and probably seeing my mother. My grandmother told my mother that I was auditioning for this and would be returning to Japan. 'All I hope is that she wouldn't pull me back into Tokyo and put me into that design school again.' So we'll be going to Japan in less than one weeks- 'We're going to Japan... WE'RE GOING TO JAPAN!!!' This is also meaning that I'm going to have to confess to Kwangmin... 

      Youngmin slung his arm over my shoulder, smiling widely at me causing me to snap out of my thoughts. He then slung another arm around Kwangmin and the both of us made eye contact- I smiled and he looked away. "To 8teen!!" Youngmin cheered.

"To 8teen!!!" Everyone else cheered.

"To 8teen," I mumbled with no excitement. 'For the group Kyungmi, maybe your mom won't even show up.'

---

       The gang had left the studio and it was only Kwangmin and I. Youngmin was supposed to walk me home as usual but his mom had called him to come home, Hana left with Minwoo, they probably went on secret date or something, Jeongmin and Hyunseong went to the gaming centre and Donghyun left to go home. I took a glance at Kwangmin who was packing up is belongings. These past couple of days it seems like he was avoiding me, which kept me questioning myself if I should still confess. 'What would I even say?'

"I'm going,"

'You could do this Kyungmi, fighting!' I looked at him before speaking, "Kwangmin can I talk to you for a second?"

       He turned his heels and nodded his head. He approached me but kept a fair distance for the two of us. He was still in his school uniform, his hair covered his eyes. In one swift move he brushed the hair out of his eyes. He looked at me a different way; his eyes told a story. His eyes were grey, like the clouds before a storm. 

"Is something wrong?" I asked him.

He shook his head, "Is that what you wanted to talk to me about?" The tone of his voice was cold.

"No, I was just asking because as a friend I thought I sh-"

He scoffed, "Who even said we were friends in the first place?"

      'Ouch, and that hurts.' I stood there silently, I didn't know how to reply. I was close to telling a jerk my feelings. I was hurt and frustration took over me. I took a deep breath in, "You're right, because friends don't just kiss other people out of no where without no feelings. Friends don't help other people out, friends don't stick around for long. I can't believe I fell for a jerk like you huh. I must be a complete idiot to like a stranger who randomly kisses me for no apparent reason. Tell me that it meant something Kwangmin," The anger in me released and I was not the quiet girl you saw in a couple months ago. I was completely different.

I looked at him and he avoided my gaze and stared blankly and the floor.

"Are you playing the quiet game?" I sarcastically said.

"Youngmin kissed you too and confessed to you, I don't get why you have to like his own twin brother. Did you ever think about what he'd feel?" Kwangmin argued back.

      I heavily sighed, "I wasn't the one who started the kiss Kwangmin." After that I left without looking back. 'I can't believe I fell for him.' I was now outside the studio. Little puddles formed the ground and light rain was pouring from the sky. I walked in the rain without anything to protect me from the rain. I didn't care if I was soaking wet in the rain, I just wanted to go home. I went to cross the street until someone pulled my arm and sheltered me.

       I looked up and I watched the yellow umbrella drop to the ground. I was pinned against his chest and his hand was on my back. I could hear his heartbeat beat fast. It was as fast as the rain coming down from the sky. "Kyungmi," he whispered in my ear. "Don't walk in the rain alone." 

 

-------------------------------------------

UPDATEEE!!

here you have it, Kyungmi's confession to Kwangmin... Kwangmin is such a .... jk i love kwangmin but you know what i mean... (/// v \\\) so what do you guys think of this chapter ?? any predictions on what will happen next? you guys are so silent !! come and interact with me ~ id really love to see your comments down beloww,  i swear i dont bite.. hehe so thats all for this chapter, stay tuned for the next !!~^^

thank you to all the new subscribers ilysm. dont forget to subscribe if you havent yet and leave a comment down below to make an author smile :)