We All Have Something

Heart Breaker

Chapter 16: We all have Something

------------------------------------------------------ 

 

       The twins were standing out side a classroom, "How do you think we should tell mom?" Youngmin asked as he handed Kwangmin his name tag and leather jacket back. It was Friday; the day the twins were to switch back to their individual selves. Instead of rehearsing, Donghyun announced that there wouldn't be practice because he had something to do after school with Hyunseong and Hana. Kwangmin scrunched his nose, "Kyungmi found out that we switched roles." He said off topic.

"What? How?"

   Kwangmin took off the blazer of his school's uniform and put on his jacket, "She just found out." He replied flatly. Kwangmin ran his fingers through his hair, brushing the tangles away. He was ready to leave until Youngmin spoke.

    "Dad said that he'd let you take the music course," He trailed. His voice was soft but it was loud enough so that Kwangmin would hear. His eyes filled with adoration and sympathy, "Although I'd have to take the business course. What's this even about?"

    Kwangmin pointed toward the window outside the classroom. The sun was still high up casting a nice silhouette among the buildings that stood side by side, nice and high. "You see the tallest building? That's ours to inherit. Our dad owns a company, he's the CEO and in every power he'll get what he wants. So if I don't inherit it, you're going to have to." Kwangmin's voice was clear in every word he spoke. "I want to make music and dance as my major- not sit my in a company all day and listen to people talk about marketing. He never cared about what I wanted," Kwangmin sighed. He slid his back against the wall sitting down in the hall.

    Youngmin followed his actions sitting across from him. He was starting to understand more about Kwangmin. Why his attitude was bitter. Half the problem was his father and the other half was something else that Youngmin didn't want to pry too much into. He looked at his twin, it was like looking into the mirror. He started to see that he wasn't the only one going through pain growing up. Youngmin didn't know what he wanted to be in the future. All he had set goals for was to graduate high school and after that? Who really knows. Inheriting a business he didn't mind doing, "I can take the business course. Seeing that you have more of a dream than I do."

    Kwangmin looked into his brother's eyes- it was as if all the sadness went away, "Seriously hyung? Would you do that?" The spirit in his voice lifted. Kwangmin seemed to be opening up these past few days. It was as if the walls around his heart were beginning to crash and break down. "But dad.. he's not that easy to deal with."

    Youngmin nodded. He didn't know what to respond with. He didn't know much about marketing or business or their dad but he was willing to try for his brother. Youngmin may not have known much about his brother but he was willing to find out as much as possible. As for Youngmin, well there wasn't too much to say about him. For years he has been living with his mother in a small place in America. He didn't come from much and he didn't have much either. But as for Kwangmin, behind the rich walls was a lonely boy.

And for hours they've began to talk.

---

    Nodding his head to the beat of the music. He was strumming freely on his guitar. He wrote down the cords to was he was strumming to. He closed his eyes trying to feel the music, "Officially missin' you~" He sang sweetly, hitting every note. He smiled bringing out his eye smile. He started strumming to a familiar tune, "Let it go, can't hold it back anymore!~" He sang in English with a slight accent. He was playing 'Let it go' from Disney's Frozen. He was starting to fool around with his instrument.

    I crept my head through the door, holding on to the door knob, "You have a nice voice," I told Jeongmin entering the music room. Although school had ended and there wasn't practice today I didn't feel like going home or dancing. I decided to use this time to explore the school. I happened to pass by the music room where it was filled with instruments of all sorts. From woodwinds to percussion, to strings to brass. It was like instrument heaven.

Jeongmin slyly rubbed the back of his head, "Erm, Thanks.. What brings you here?"

   "I was following the music and it led to this place. Fate isn't?" I joked. I took a seat beside him which was next to the grand piano. Jeongmin stored away his guitar and placed his fingers on the piano. He started pressing the keys creating a beautiful melody. I watched his hands flow on the keys of the piano. "That's beautiful, who composed the song?" I curiously asked.

   "Actually, I wrote the music myself. I haven't written any lyrics yet." Jeongmin sighed. He was too busy to be writing lyrics and today he happened to be free but there was a giant hole in his head that kept him from thinking of lyrics to match the song.

I pressed a key on the piano. I held the key letting it echo the room.

   "That's C," Jeongmin said. Jeongmin looked at me, of course I didn't notice it because I was so engaged in pressing the keys on the grand piano. It was his first time observing me up close and personal. He caught a glimpse of my physical features. To me I wouldn't say I was the prettiest, but I was very content with what I have; maybe to other people I would appear differently in their eyes. I wasn't very tall. I was short and slim, I wore no or little make-up. My hair was long and wavy. I tucked a strand of hair behind my ear, I felt something quickly press against my cheek. I stopped playing the piano.

   Jeongmin pulled away quickly. My cheeks flushed red. I touched the place where he had pecked me on the cheek. Sheepishly Jeongmin smiled, "I'm sorry I didn't mean to.. I-I just- I'm really sorry." He apologized turning a faire shade of pink. "I was just too ca-caught in t-the moment.."

   I looked at Jeongmin in the eyes. My heart was beating at a steady paste. It was different from when I was with Youngmin or Kwangmin, usually my hearted would've fluttered and butterflies would've exploded in my stomach but it was something different. 'Wait, why am I thinking about the twins when I'm with Jeongmin?' I wasn't mad, I was just shocked. The only person who's kissed me on the cheek that I wasn't related to was Minwoo and I pretty much considered Minwoo as a brother. "Uhm, don't worry about it. Tell me about yourself, " I asked trying to forget about what happened seconds ago.

"What do you want to know?" Jeongmin asked.

"Anything,"

    Jeongmin took a deep breath, he cleared his throat breaking your trail of thought. He felt a tight connection grasp between him and you. I guess he just felt really close, "Lee Jeongmin, senior. Son of the head master of our school." His expression toned down but he looked at me and he smiled. "Shocking huh?"

    I looked at Jeongmin. His gaze was different. He wasn't joking, the serious in his voice took over. 'Son of the Head Master.' He was opening up to me. First he kissed me on the cheek, then he tells me he's the son of the head master. 'Boy isn't today full of surprises!' I sarcastically thought. I bite my bottom lip, "Choi Kyungmi, daughter of Minji Kim fashion designer." I took my hands off the piano and looked up at Jeongmin. It was time that people should know, after all he is my band mate- maybe I should be more open with all my band mates.

---

"Hyunseong-ssi, can you pass the paper?" Hana asked.

   Hana, Hyunseong and Donghyun were at a nearby cafe from the school. Donghyun decided to treat them out to help discuss the vocal line. Hyunseong and Hana were the main vocalist in our band/group. There was three song pieces already written and a choreo to a song almost done; just a bit of tweaking to do.

    Hana looked at one of the music sheets Hyunseong handed her. It was the music piece Youngmin put together with the help of Jeongmin. Hana took one glance and already found a way to separate the song so that everyone would have a part. There were two rap verses but Hana found a way to split it into three. Since I (Kyungmi) didn't sing I became a rapper with Minwoo and Kwangmin. Youngmin, Donghyun, Hana, Jeongmin and Hyunseong were all vocalist. She took a pencil and drew lines to where each person would start their part. Handing the paper to Donghyun he plastered a wide grin on his face.

"I like it!! Wow, you did that fairly quickly!!" Donghyun complimented.

"How'd you learn to it so quickly?" Hyunseong asked.

    All Hana could do was shrug, "My dad said I get it from my mom." She shyly smiled at the thought of her parents. She took her mother's advice and here she is, she has friends. She looked up at the ceiling. 'Thank you mom.' She looked back down focusing her attention on the two boys who were looking at her work. Hana pulled out a folded piece of paper and slipped it across the table. "I wrote this song awhile back with my mom."

Hyunseong took the crummy paper and unfolded it. The paper wasn't in the best condition, it was wrinkled and tapped where it had been torned. Donghyun looked over and started reading the music. The piece was beautiful. (A/N: Referring to Aliee's Evening sky.)

  "My mother was a piano teacher before she passed away last year," Hana confessed. Hana is an only girl in her family. Her family consists of three younger brothers, her father and herself. "I got accepted to this school last year, it explains why I'm not familiar to most of you guys."

   Donghyun and Hyunseong were silent. They obediently listened to Hana's story open heartedly. It was relatable to Hyunseong and somewhat to Donghyun. Hyunseong was raised as an orphanage until the age of thirteen; he became part of a foster family. Hyunseong met Jae at the orphanage, were they became childhood friends but the contact cut once Hyunseong left. It was almost considered fate as they both attended the same high school.

   Donghyun knows what it feels like to lose someone who was once so close with. Truthfully speaking Jae told Donghyun first about her sickness. Donghyun was very sad when she pass away but it was nothing compared to Kwangmin. Donghyun considered Jae as his younger sister even before since Kwangmin and Jae started dating.

The three exchanged words for each other. They all let the pain in their heart release. It was a day of confession.

---

    Minwoo stuck his hands in his pockets. He was being scold by his mother again. Minwoo flinched when his mother raised a hand, his older sister kept holding back from their mother. Thankfully that his older sister was there to calm her down. Their mom took a seat in the kitchen rubbing her temples. She let out a hard sigh, "Just give up already! You see your father is working two jobs to keep a roof over our heads. Where will dancing get you?! Huh? HUH?"

   From the start his mother never really liked Minwoo dancing but their father insisted. His mother went with it saying that he would give up in a few weeks. But as years grew Minwoo became more and more attracted to dancing. He joined dance competitions and have won all of them. His father and sister have always been supporting Minwoo since the beginning.

Minwoo's sister handed their mother a glass of water and a tylenol, "Aigo, because of you and your terrible dancing I'm getting a headache. Dancing will get you no job in the future!" His mother yelled at him.

   That's why Minwoo continued dancing. He wanted to prove to his mom that dancing wasn't useless. He wanted to show her that he could do so much more. All he wanted her to do was give dancing a shot. Minwoo never gave up on dancing no matter what his mother said or did to him. His mind had already been determined to doing so no matter what the cost was- he was going to finish what he started.

His mother finished the glass of water, "Get out of my face..." She mumbled closing her eyes- facing away from Minwoo.

    Minwoo went to his room and sat on the corner of his bed. He admired the displayed trophies on his shelves. Most of them were all first place trophies or medals and the majority of them were. He took the medal that Kyungmi and him had won back in the seventh grade. They won for the couples routine. He smiled. He missed competing and when he heard about this group competition he's been so hyped for it ever since he started. This was his last shot to prove to his mother that he was more.

"Hey," his sister said coming into his room. She took a seat beside him patting his back, "Mom's just stressed because of the bills.." she lied.

"Noona, why do you even bother to lie about the bills when they were just paid yesterday?" Minwoo asked raising an eye brow.

   His sister chuckled, "Well you're not a bad dancer and mom knows that. She's just trying to get you to stop, but don't you dare stop dancing because then all these accomplishments would be such a waste, " she honestly said she dug her hands into his hair messing his perfectly comb hair, "Just focus on that band you made. Omo I heard Kyungmi's back in town, I haven't seen her in ages!"

Minwoo pushed his sister away from him. He brushed the tangles away with his hands, "Yah noona! You're late on the news she was here two months ago,"

His sister got up ready to leave his room, "Well sorry no one informed me." She stuck her tongue out at him.

Before she could close the door Minwoo spoke, "Noona?" He called.

She looked back at her brother, "Thank you..." she heard him say.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------

A chapter dedicated to all members, yehet!~ 

Thanks to all the new subscribers! If you've enjoyed this update be sure to give the feedback to your authors, we'd love to read it. 

Please look forward to the next update and don't forget to subscribe if you haven't yet~

until next time xxx