The one

Heart Breaker

Chapter 11: Our One

----------------------------------------

"This is stupid," Kwangmin said.

     I looked around seeing that there was a whole bunch of students in line with a number written on a paper that stuck to the front of each students' stomach. Most of the students were from our senior grade. They were in line for the auditions Minwoo had planned to get the last member of our group. Since having Mr. Student Council in our group, it was easily said by the principal that funds would be dedicated to out project. Donghyun also said that we would have permission that we'd be able to use the music room and the dance studios for practice.

    As of now we were in one of the studios of the school. Us seven we seated at a long table. We were considered judges for a day in order to find another member. It was already three o'clock, which meant the bell had gone and students were either going home, chilling with friends or stuck at school doing whatever. In this case we were stuck after school.

"We only have five hours to find one more person," Minwoo said.

      In order to find the last additional person, the person would to have to qualify under certain circumstances as Minwoo explained to us. Well for example, we would all have to agree on one person, even if one of us disagree the person wouldn't qualify. Secondly the boy or girl would have to either sing or dance. (Obviously attending an art school 90% of the people do that.) But it wasn't just that you can sing or you can dance; there had to be some sort of feel to it- according to Minwoo. Lastly, the person had to hand in some background information. If us seven liked you and you've reached the requirements then you'd be qualified. 

     The doors flung open. Arrays of students were in line. It was practically our whole senior grade who had shown up and maybe a few juniors. Everyone was ready with there own gears. Some came in with a costume. Or others came in with a guitar or any other sort of instruments; keyboard, tuba, flute, violin, cello, ect. It was hectic. You never really know what to expect from an arts school.

"Number 100467 please come in," Donghyun said.

      He was tall and lean. He wore simple grey sweats and a graphic tee. I took out an old fashion iPod and plugged in to the stereo. He had black shaggy hair and plump lips. He was cute, in my opinion. He looked up and bowed his head towards us.

"What's your name?" Jeongmin asked. Hyunseong nudged Jeongmin in the side, earning an evil glare from him. "He's been in our science class for the last two years," Hyunseong whispered.

    The whole table looked and Jeongmin and Hyunseong. Hyunseong's whisper wasn't considered a whisper since maybe people from China could hear him. I sighed. I tapped my pencil on table, creating a beat. 'It's going to be a long day.' "Sorry please continue,"

The boy only chuckled, "Lee SungRu."

"And what will you be doing?" Youngmin asked.

"I'll be dancing,"

"Proceed,"

    The boy went to his iPod, he played a song and music was hear. He took a deep breath in. Slowly he started to move his body according to the beat. It was a slow song. He was on point and in beat. His eyes glared; it was a glare of determination. Suddenly the beat dropped and it was depicted into dubstep. The quicken pace. He started to move faster to the beat. Here and there he missed a few beats. Just at the end the boy stumbled.

'Damn,' The music stopped playing. The boy stayed on the ground. His head was faced down. Beads of sweat was rolling from the side of his forehead. He worked hard but maybe not hard enough.

"Aigoo, are you okay?" Donghyun asked. There was pity in his voice. The whole table probably pitied him. Kwangmin only looked at him with darken eyes. "Next," he called. Six heads turned to his direction. He was sitting in the middle. His arms were folded.

---

Hyunseong through his arms in the air, "This is hopeless," he was complaining how hungry he is and how his started hurting from sitting for so long.

"Shutup, and endure it," Jeongmin was complaining about Hyunseong.

      Today we've gone through countless numbers of great auditions. Although we haven't found anyone who suited all our taste buds. It was always us six versed Kwangmin. Kwangmin would have a different perspective, even if the talent was really good. He showed no emotion. It was kinda cute when the twins would disagree on a different person. To come and think of it, both of the twins crossed my mind. They both had something that neither one had.

      It was nearly eight. The sun had set long ago; we made Minwoo and Jeongmin run out to get some snacks since while we took a break. It was decided that we would go out for dinner once we've selected the last member; but since it was almost eight and auditions were practically- over we thought of giving up.

Jeongmin handed each of us a can of pop, "So what now?"

"Was there anyone else out there?" Donghyun asked.

A hard knock was on the door. A figure peeked out.

"Come in?" Hyunseong said.

     It was a girl. She was rather petite. She had big lenses, she wore no makeup, her hair was in one French braid along the back. She was wearing her uniform and a pair if running shoes; she tapped her heels together as she walked in. She batted her eyelashes. She gave a kawaii look.

"I've never seen her around before, freshmen?" Hyunseong whispered. This time it was a soft whisper, a whisper that was only heard of Jeongmin. In reply Jeongmin only shrugged.

"Is it too late to audition?" She asked in a shy tone.

"No, no, no- not at all!" Minwoo beamed. Minwoo's eyes glistened. 'This maybe be our last hope.'

"Can you introduce yourself?" I asked.

     She bowed her head. She held her hands by her stomach, "Fourth year, Park Hana, as one." She fist pumped. She then put her arm down and sheepishly smiled, "Erm.. well my mom told me to make some friends so here I am." Her cheeks tinted red. "I'll be singing acapella to a goose's dream." She cleared . All seven pairs of eyes focused on her. She was our one last chance to qualify in our group.

     Her voice was soft and soothing. Singing acapella was hard. If you hit the wrong note it was noticeable. But in her case she tend to hit every note she sang. Her voice had a lot of feel. The song had a deep meaning, a meaning that suited her. She tightly shut her eyes as she sang. The power in her voice was amazing. There was something in her voice that no words can put together. It was captivating.

She sang the last note. She took a deep breath and opened her eyes. We were all astound. She flashed a small smile, "Eh.. so how did I do?"

"Amazing!"

"Well done!!"

"Your voice is beautiful,"

Kwangmin only nodded.

"You have true talent, my friend"

"Daebak!! Really~"

"You're truly the one,"

      Hana chuckled. Her cheek were tinted rosy red from the compliments. She bowed her head, all she could say was, "Thank you." She was shocked. She basically lived the last three years of high school hiding out. This time she had gained confidence in herself and her voice. It was settled, Hana would be our final member. 

 

-----------------------------

Why, hello there readers and welcome to new ones ~

Hoped everyone enjoyed the chapter, please look forward to the next update.

Subscribe if you haven't yet and don't forget to leave a comment down below !!

until next time xx your authors