Just go with it

Heart Breaker

Chapter 30: Just go with it

-----------------------------------------

This was it. This was finally it. 

     You guessed it. We were finally at the auditorium for the MWC SCOUTS competition. To think that all this started just because Minwoo did want to do the play. I sighed. I was trying to find the washroom but I ended up exploring the place. I walked around backstage, finding my way back to 8teen. It was intimidating seeing the other groups do stretches, touching up on their makeup, fixing their costumes, doing vocal exercises and prepare themselves for the upcoming event. I took a peek through the curtains; I could see that the seats in the auditorium started to fill up. Row after row, people were taking their seats- some were even carrying posters. What really kept me nerve racking was the tech crew. They were setting up their lights and fixing their cameras and a whole bunch of other . 

      Yesterday was full of nonstop rehearsing, we practiced in stage with lighting and which cameras will be focused on us for about a little less than two hours. After that rehearsal, we went to a practice room to obviously practice some more. It was an exhausting day, and the faster time ticks the more nervous I start to become. But it doesn't just stop here. Today will be the first round. The group evaluation. Then the next top ten groups that the judges choose today will move on to the next round tomorrow which was the self evaluation. I soon found my way to 8teen; I felt the hairs on my arms stand up and chills run down my spine. This was not any ordinary competition. 

      We were all gathered in a circle. The eight of us. The director came in and told us we had forty minutes 'till show time. After every ten minutes someone would come in and prepare us, which kept the tension up. A smile crept on Donghyun's face. "Alright kids. This is it. We've made it this far. The most important thing is to have fun. How many times do we get to be on live television?? FIGHTING!!" Donghyun raised a fist then brought it down. 

"FIGHTING!!!" Everyone corresponded.

       I took a seat in front of a mirror touching up a bit of my makeup. Our song had a fun and cute kind've image. Our song was called Love style. [A/N: Yes, Boyfriend's song Love style lol.] The guy members were dressed up in matching suits but in different colors. Kwangmin and Donghyun in yellow, Youngmin and Jeongmin in pink, Hyunseong and Minwoo in blue. As for Hana and I, we were styled in stripped violet dresses and as for our shoes we wore white converse. These were the one out of three outfits my mother designed.

"Ready?" Kwangmin asked me.

         I looked at him after apply my last coat my mascara and slightly smiled. He was in his yellow suit, with his sleeve rolled up so his wrists were exposed and his hair was style and everything. 'He looks really attractive.' Then I realized that this was the first time he'd talk to me since the plane. I felt my heart beat quicken. "Ready as I'll be ever be." I said.

"We're going to be the eighteenth out of fifty to perform and that's a few before half time." Kwangmin said trying to engage a conversation with me.

        I nodded my head, "Oh, alright..." I simply said. I bit my bottom lip feeling uneasy around him. I couldn't help but feel like we weren't gonna make it. That our career would end here. Minwoo would have to end up doing some kind of job is mom would want him, Youngmin would go to America, and everything would just go down the drain. 

      I felt a hand place on my shoulders. I looked up meeting eyes with him, "Calm down." He said. "Everything's gonna be alright." He smiled. Now this was a different smile not a smirk or anything. When ever he would smile towards me it would look somewhat different. 'Or maybe I'm just crazy.' "I have something to propose to you Kyungmi." He took his hand off my shoulders and cleared his throat. "If we make it to the next round, I want you to go on a date with me."

       I raised my eye brow at him. "I think we're going to make it to the next round. So I'll deny that offer, maybe next time." I said. 'Take that back Kyungmi! You know you want to go on a date with him, stop denying yourself.' My conscience spoke to me.

"I know you still like me, why do you have to keep saying no to me. If I hadn't made it clear, I. Like. You. Choi. Kyungmi." He said. I saw his ears tint a bright pink color. 

I thought that was adorable but I showed no emotion. "Who said I still liked you?" I asked.

        Kwangmin looked over at the rest of the gang who acted like they were busy with their own issues but really they were listening to Kwangmin's third confession to me. I saw Youngmin smile, Hana and Minwoo giggling and Donghyun holding two thumbs us. As for Hyunseong and Jeongmin. We saw them reenact the scene. (Jeongmin being me because I'm the shorter one.)

"Will you go out with me?" Hyunseong asked. 

Jeongmin giggled and in a high pitched voice he responded, "No. You're not my typeee." Jeongmin pretended to do a hair flip.

"I never said that!!" I said a bit too loud, causing a whole bunch of people giving me weird stares.

"So you're not denying that he's your type, correct?" Hyunseong nudged me.

"Hey shut up, I haven't seen Kwangmin like this in months. Now mind your own business you fools," Donghyun sent a wink after scolding the two dimwits but I had to admit that those two have grown onto me.

         Everyone resumed to their personal doings and it was just Kwangmin and I talking again. I fiddled with the necklace around my neck which was indeed the necklace Kwangmin had given me. He slightly chuckled at me, "So I am your type?"

My cheeks became as red as tomatoes."I-I-I didn't s-say that..." I stammered. 

"Well then, if we make it to the next round your going on a date with me. Whether you like it or not." Kwangmin said and left me dumbfounded. 

      I turned around and faced the mirror seeing my reflection. "Tch, date." I muttered. A little smile formed my lips unknowingly. I had a date with Kwangmin- well if we made it. I could help the smile on face my. Just thinking about it made my heart beat faster and the butterflies in my stomach went crazy. 

"Someone's a little happy," Hana chimed. "I think you and Kwangmin are cute." 

"Me too," 

Hana and I's heads turned, seeing Youngmin coming into our conversation. "Shut up,"I muttered. "The both of you. I think Hana and Minwoo are cute." 

"Me too," Youngmin commented.

"Is that all you know how to say?" Hana asked chuckling. 

     "Five minutes until show time!!" The PD hollered and grabbed the first two groups to prepare themselves on stage. The first group what was to perform was called 'ST4R' with the A in star replaced with a 4. The lights cued and everyone got into action. We were watching the the live performance through the television that was in the room we were in. The MC came out and introduced the group. ST4R walked in flawlessly the camera focused on the judges reactions and I saw my mother. "Please introduce yourselves." She said.

The leader (which I was assuming) spoke, "One, two, three- we are ST4R!!" And like that the judges told them to start their song.

         The tension rose between us rivals. No one talked to each other outside their group. Well I wasn't really complaining or anything because half the people scared me to be honest. Some looked like they were the top , some looked like didn't give a and others looked liked they were gonna in their pants. Slowly the room became busy once again; it was now our turn- staff member came to collect us. The group before us came off the stage and wished us luck. Which was a surprise, non of the other groups have said good luck- from what I saw.

        The stage seemed somewhat larger and the audience was no joke. Large crowds from every age where seen. "8teen!" I heard the MC introduce. Which snapped me out of my thoughts immediately. That was our cue for us to do our slogan.

"Young and fresh, we are 8TEEN!!" the 8 of us said in unison.

    "So I hear Ms. Kim's daughter is here," A judge said in Korean. There were two Korean judges and one Japanese judge but with the exception of my mom who was fluent in both. That's when I took notice that my mom wasn't with the judges but in the audience for this round.

I stepped forward and bowed 90 degrees. "Hello, I'm Kyungmi." I greeted in Japanese. 

"You resemble your mom a lot, very beautiful." Another judge said but in Japanese this time.

I again bowed my head and said thank you. After small talk, we got in position to resume our song.

 

--------------------------------------------

U P D A T E

HEY THERE MY LOVELY READERS ~!! 

omg it's about time Kwangmin and Kyungmi go on a date, don't u guys think?? well thanks to all those who commented, it seriously gives me more of a motivation to update faster- like u dont even know the power u readers have. also thanks to the new subscribers ~!! waah i feel super special.

so how was this these last two chapters ?? did u like it ? what do u think their date is going to be like ?? this story is coming to an end reaaaaaal soon )):

dont forget to subscribe if u havent yet and leave a comment down below !! maybe even upvote this story ?? 

thank u all, ilysm *kisses and hugs*

photo tumblr_n6bhezTTdC1qk82yco1_250_zpse48de34e.png" />photo tumblr_n6bhezTTdC1qk82yco2_250_zpsf58a3e3d.png" />

photo tumblr_n6bhezTTdC1qk82yco3_250_zpse4cd4edd.png" />  photo tumblr_n6bhezTTdC1qk82yco4_250_zpsef515963.png" />

photo tumblr_n6bhezTTdC1qk82yco5_250_zps8485e20f.png" /> photo tumblr_n6bhezTTdC1qk82yco6_250_zpse3bf644b.png" />