Practice makes perfect

Heart Breaker

Chapter 29: Practice makes perfect

---------------------------------------------------

 

         I sat across from the woman who gave birth to me, the woman who abandoned me but found me. It's been a little over five months since I've seen her, when I took off to Korea I didn't say bye to her. I only informed her with a note on the kitchen table. Ever since I moved to Japan she urged me to become a designer like her, on my sixteenth birthday she got me a sewing machine and she even put me into design classes. I refused to go to those classes which then eventually lead me going to Seoul and visiting my father. And that was basically my story.

She grabbed my two hands and held them, "Kyungmi-ah, it's been so long. How have you been?" 

     Surprisingly she was calm. 'I didn't expect that.' I thought she would be more angry like in those kdramas! Maybe I was just too influenced by the drama I forgot about reality. "I've never been better." I said in a stern voice which then eventually lead to a smile.

      "I see.. congrats on making MCW SCOUTS. I heard you received your outfits I made. I'm really happy you're back, Kyungmi. I never forgave myself for letting you leave and not chasing after you." She told me. There was a hint of sadness in her voice and her eyes looked watery ever since she saw me walk into the restaurant. "I was wrong Kyungmi, I know how much this means to you, I support you one-hundred percent. It was wrong of me to enter you into those design programs when you never really wanted them." There was tears rolling down her cheek.

      Okay I admit, I was pretty pissed off knowing that she knew I was coming, kinda angry went she sent us outfits when we didn't need them and furious when she asked me to meet up with her which took away time from practice. But no matter why she was my mother and nothing was going to change that. It was time to get rid of the grudge I held. I wiped her tears from her face, "Crying is for babies." I smiled at her. Suddenly all the hate and anger that rushed upon me disappeared. "It's not entirely your fault, if I hadn't run away I wouldn't have worried you or put this burden on you. How about we just eat?"

---

    My mother and I finished dinner extremely early due to a business meeting she had to attend later on. She's been really busy. I've  seen her brand all over the billboards in Tokyo.

      "Hana hurry up!! I'm gonna leave you if you don't come out in two minutes!" I hollered outside of the bathroom. The eight of us were supposed to go out to the fair that was taking place downtown. It was a festival that was being held by MCW SCOUTS, all participants for tomorrow's competition were to come. They've given passes to all he participants but my mother found her way into getting vip passes for 8teen. I put on the vip pass around my neck and over the necklace Kwangmin gave me. 'I guess having your mother as a judge has its way.' I fixed his necklace that was given to me. Even if I was hating on Kwangmin at the moment I still wore the necklace. It was a shame not to wear the pretty piece.

"Okay let's go!" Hana said linking arms with mine. "Let's have some fun!" She beamed.

      The two of us walked out of our room and went to the lobby to catch up with the others. Jeongmin, Hyunseong. Donghyun and Youngmin were there but there was no sign of Minwoo or Kwangmin. I saw a small pout form on Hana's lips. "Where's the others?" I asked.

"They had some other business to do," Hyunseong said. "But they'll catch up with us later. Let's go head out, we don't want to miss out." He smiled before taking a step to leave.

"Cheer up," I say to Hana. 

A smirk forms her lip, "Your the one who's talking." She says before looking at Kwangmin's necklace then taking off to catch up with Jeongmin and Youngmin.

---

      It was already dark and the sun was replaced with the moon that was surrounded by stars. It was your typical festival with loud booming of music that followed the place and it was fairly crowded but I wasn't really complaining. There was a few rides that were set up and bunch of booths that we've tried earlier today. Jeongmin did a bottle toss game which he won and got a stuffed banana as his prize. After the fun and games and not to forget eating a lot of food that was located at every corner; now we were next in line to ride the ferris wheel. They said that this wheel was about one-hundred and fifty-three ft- I was really excited. The others seemed like they were gonna pee themselves, except for Youngmin, Jeongmin and Hana.

"Are you guys alright?" I asked.

"Do we really have to ride this?" Hyunseong whined.

Donghyun lightly punched Hyunseong in the stomach, "Oh come on! This is a new experience! It'll be a lot of fun!" 

Youngmin shook his head, pushing the elder forward with the crowd, "Says the person who gets scared going up an elevator." 

      Hana and I let out a laugh before entering the cage of the wheel. I sat in the middle between Youngmin and Hyunseong and across from us was Jeongmin in the middle of Hana and Donghyun. After the door of the cart was closed we slowly elevated. 

Hyunseong squealed.

"Woaah, daebak!!!" Jeongmin said holding two thumbs up. 

      The higher we got the better the view became. It casted the whole viewing of the festival. You could see the mini concert that was happening, the cotton candy people hand in their hands, the games others played at different booths; it was like many small picture into one. 'Does that make sense?' All I could say was it was absolutely breathtaking to watch and experience. We slowly reached the top and Donghyun suggested to take a selca. Together the six of us gathered to take a picture.

"One, two, three!!" 

"Hey!! Retake, I blinked!" Youngmin complained.

     "Look at Hyunseong," Jeongmin pointed out. Hyunseong looked as pale as a ghost. The color in his face had disappeared. He was surely afraid of heights, which is a common things for people but just so unexpected of Hyunseong. The rest of the gang looked at the picture that was taken on Donghyun's phone.

"Hey, let's play an honesty game for the remaining time we have up here," Hana suggested.

"Call,"

"Alright,"

"I'm up for it,"

"Sure,"

"Okay, call," all of us agreed. Jeongmin offered to start the game. "Okay Hana, are you and Minwoo dating?" He asked her.

      She shrugged her shoulders, "It's complicated. We've been on a few dates be he hasn't popped the question up." Surprisingly she was totally calm about the question. Hana scanned everyone's faces. All I hoped was she wouldn't ask me anything and I was in luck. "Okay Hyunseong oppa," she called out. "Rumor has it that you have abs. Is it true?" 

     Hyunseong turned a faire color of pink. He shyly smiled casting out his eye smile, "Six pack." He shortly answered. "Now Kyungmi," He called me out

'Dammit.' I mentally cursed him. 'Please, please don't be about Kwangmin or Youngmin.' I prayed.

    "Who who was your first kiss with?" I heard him ask. I thought about that question. Well it sure wasn't with Youngmin or Kwangmin. 'It happened to be with some guy here in Tokyo.' He was a friend of mine. He was my first friend ever since I transferred to Japan. The fortunate part was he was half Korean and half Japanese; so he was the one who helped me speak Japanese. "His name is Namjoon He's a half Korean, half Japanese guy and I met him when I came to Japan. It was for some play we had to do in our first year of high school." I explained to them.

"Did you ever kiss Kwangmin or Youngmin?" I heared Hyunseong asked.

"Isn't my turn to ask the question?" I questioned Hyunseong.

"I believe you just did," Jeongmin smirked.

    'Annnnd I fell for their little trap, oh those devious people who I happen to call friends.' I mentally cursed. "Hyunseong ask away," I said sighing.

"I gladly would.. Youngmin," Hyunseong called. "Have you ever kissed Kyungmi?" He asked him.

      Youngmin didn't hesitate to answer. "Yes," he simply said, not give any other details. Or course I blushed at the answer. But I highly doubt anyone was playing attention to me. Donghyun seemed to emerged in the scenery and Jeongmin was to busy taking pictures of himself on his phone. Youngmin and I made eye contact, "Kyungmi." He smiled. 

        Everyone then began to focus their attention on me again. 'This better not be a question about Kwangmin. Please, please, please.' I bit my bottom lip. 'They were just picking on me now.'

"Do you like Kwangmin?"

        Just by hearing his name my heart began to flutter. Even if I was still partly mad at that kid, I still have feelings for him. 'Curse these feelings.' I just really wanted to know if those feelings are sincere. He just went from calling me a stranger into girlfriend. I mean he did admitted he liked me and wanted to go on a date so he is kinda putting himself out there for me. No matter how many times I tried to deny my feelings for him and push them away, it only comes back stronger. "Yes." I muttered.

 

---------------------------

U P D A T E

double update, so stay tunee !~