8teen

Heart Breaker

Chapter 13: 8teen

​-----------------------------------

"Five, six, seven and eight!" Donghyun yelled.

      It was now official, we had been officially enrolled for MCW SCOUTS competition and will be competing in June. Our registration forms had been submitted three evenings ago. We did our registration the night the eight of us went out for dinner after scouting Hana in our group. We all received an email yesterday from the head executive regarding the rules and regulations for the competition. Donghyun had also explained it at the beginning of practice. He was the group leader, considering the fact that he was the eldest in our group. We all took a vote among who should be the leader and surprisingly seven of us chose Donghyun and Donghyun chose Minwoo because he came up with the idea. We all knew that Minwoo couldn't handle being a group leader and he, himself would know. As for Donghyun, he took charge of our group. He was supportive, kind, caring and encouraging to all the members. 

    According to the email we exactly had a little over two months to get our routine together, about ten weeks or so. So far this was our second practice. We had been scheduled to use the school's dance halls everyday after school to practice.Hyunseong, Hana and Youngmin are in charge of vocals; writing lyrics to the music composed. Jeongmin and Donghyun are in charge of instrumental music; rearranging the cords, music pieces accordingly. Kwangmin, Minwoo and I are to do the choreography; a choreo was needed for at least two songs composed.

    We were to make an album that consist of five songs and two choreography videos to be submitted. That was only the first round, if you pass you were to perform a two songs one with the choreography and one with only vocals. Judging and voting was to base the winner on the day on the competition.

    But today, instead of helping out with what ever I was just sitting out because of my stupid ankle. I could only watch, I sat on a couch that was in the studio, as the mirrors reflected the others in their doings. This morning I visited the nurse's office, she told me to stay away from any physical activity for the next week or so. Therefore I will be stuck watching their routine for the rest of the week.

    Hana took a seat in front of me on the ground. She crossed her legs and fiddled her thumbs. She looked weary and tired. I handed her a bottle of water. She took it gratefully from me and smiled, "Thanks." She said after chugging the bottle. "Kyungmi-ssi, how's your ankle? Will you be okay?"

I chuckled, "No need to be formal with me. Don't worry it's not like I'm dying. I'll be fine by the end of this week."

   "Oh I see, that's unfortunate with what happened with your ankle... Take care of yourself okay!" She beamed. Hana was a very bubbly person. I liked her from the minute she walked in. Her personality was kind and caring. Why was it that she had no friends for the past three years? I came to realize that in the group everyone had something of there own. Was that why we were so close? Everyone had their own story to tell although I don't know what their stories are- we all have one.

    "Kyungmi! Do you think you could come up with a group name for us?" Donghyun asked me. I nodded my head. It was the least and only thing I could since I was just sitting down breathing in oxygen. I took out a notebook and pen from my knapsack. I started doodling a few circles and squiggly lines on the boarder of the paper. I wrote all our names out. I looked at it, 'What do we have in common?' I started doodling on the paper. I drew two circles on top of each other. Eight. I drew the number eight.

     I could've sworn a light bulb popped above my head. There were eight members in the team. We were all eighteen. I thought about calling ourselves eighteen but leaving 'eighteen' as it is would just be plain boring. 8teen I thought. I sketched a little drawing on the line sheet of paper. I called the group together, "Would this be fine?" I asked. They all observed my drawing. I drew the number eight and the letters teen, below I drew stick figures of the eight of us with our names above the head.

"I like it I think it's cute!" Hana clasped her hands together.

"Yah, being one of the smartest people in our grade and the best you came up with 8te-" Jeongmin slapped his hands on Kwangmin's mouth to prevent him from talking. "I think it's very creative," Jeongmin smiled towards me, "Hey!" He then yelled. His facial expression became sour. He took his hand off of Kwangmin's mouth revealing a bite marks on his hand, "Yah, you punk-"

"Who knows where that hand has been," Kwangmin provoked.

Jeongmin's eyes grew wide, "Aish, really! I'm clean you dirty freak!"

Hyunseong rolled his eyes at the two, he took my notebook from me and looked at the drawing. He held a thumbs up, "Wah, who knew Kyungmi would be an artist."

"Tch artist my ," Kwangmin muttered. He was earning seven glares from each of his peers including Hana.

"I like the way you drew me," Youngmin chuckled, breaking the tension. It was basically a horizontal line and a circle on top. "But I also like how you replaced the word eight with the number." I only smiled at Youngmin. If anything he was someone who I knew wouldn't hurt my feeling unlike his brother.

"8teen! I think that everyone's happy with it," Donghyun ripped the sheet of paper out of my book. "We should get one of the people from the arts department to design our logo, do ya think?"

Minwoo took me into a headlock, he rubbed his knuckles through my hair messing it out. "Ah Kyungmi! Why are you so smart?"

I was about to hit Minwoo for messing up my hair until Youngmin pulled him away from me. "Minwoo, Kyungmi's going to beat the out of you.." he muttered to him.

"No she won't! She loves me because we've been best friends since for-" Minwoo stopped talking. I came closer to Minwoo and kicked him in the shins, "Minwoo, that's a lesson not to mess with my hair." I told him.

"I like your hair like that," Youngmin chuckled using his finger tips to brush the tangles in my hair away.

"You like everything Kyungmi does," Hyunseong murmured.

     Hana handed Youngmin a brush. I sat down with my legs and arms crossed Youngmin did my hair. I felt more at ease when someone was doing my hair. Every time Youngmin would the bristles of the brush through my hair I would end up yawning. "Are you tired?" I heard Youngmin ask me.

"Tired she didn't even do anything," Kwangmin scoffed handing Youngmin a can of coke.

   I flung a rubber band in Kwangmin's direction hitting him on a patch of skin. "Dammit," He hissed. He looked at me with harsh cold eyes. I stuck my tongue out at him. 'Serves you right.'

   Youngmin was still playing with my hair. He said he was putting in into a French braid. I let out a soft yawn. Without noticing, I let my eyes shut tight. My body seemed to stop functioning, putting myself to sleep.

---

   I fluttered my eyes open and I jolted up. I saw that it was only Youngmin and Minwoo left in the studio. Minwoo looked as if he was teaching Youngmin some moves.

"It's about time you woke up," Minwoo said.

"What time is it?" I yawned.

"A little past six, the others just left a few minutes ago." Youngmin answered.

    Youngmin and I looked at each other. My stomach growled. To be honest I hadn't eaten lunch because I was busily studying for my biology exam.

   "How 'bout dinner?" Minwoo offered. "Give it to me, oh baby give it to me~" I heard Sistar's song 'Give it to me' play. Minwoo took out his phone and answered it. I should've known it was Minwoo's ring tone. He was a die hard fanboy- well maybe not die hard but he when it came to Sistar he was a pretty hard-core fanboy. "Sorry, I think I have to cancel... mom found out I was at the studio," Minwoo took his stuff, "You guys go a head. I'll make it up to you both!"

   The clock just seven, and it was pretty dark. Youngmin and I ended up getting ramen at the convenience store across the school. We walked in silence. The atmosphere wasn't awkward but it wasn't too comfortable either. The wind blew my hair swiftly, feeling the cold rush to my face.

"Are you cold?"

    I looked up at Youngmin, I shook my head in a no motion. I picked up my speed going a little faster than Youngmin was. I felt a long woolen scarf drape around my neck. I stopped walking. I turned around seeing Youngmin wrap his scarf over my neck. "I was feeling a little warm anyways."

He smiled at me. I felt my heart beat quicken. Smiling into the scarf a mumbled a small, "Thank you."

'Anything for you,'

 

-------------------------------------------

Chapter 13 ! Thanks you all for supporting us !~

Don't forget to subscribe and comment if you haven't yet ! Make your authors smile by sending a lovely comment heh. 

Until next time !! xx