Memories in the present

Heart Breaker

Chapter 7: Memories in the Present

-----------------------------------

 

   Minwoo looked at Kwangmin. His lip was finally healed but the wound above is eyebrow marked leaving a visible scar for Minwoo to see. The bandage on his hand remained wrapped. His hair brushed against his eyes, as the look in his eyes had soften. His heart still empty his emotions still prying; he looked at the one in front of him. They were in an abandoned dance studio down the street of their high school. The rusted up place was still in good condition to be used. The hard wooden floors. The railings against the walls. From every corner to corner a mirror that reflected the two boys. The only light that had been in the studio came from the sun that shone through one of the windows.

"We have an exception to skip school, gather the gang. We'll meet up by the corner store in our neighborhood," Kwangmin said meeting eyes with Minwoo, "Leave those new transfers students you've picked up out of this."

   The atmosphere tensed as their conversation grew. The two boys, struggling to keep a conversation going. Best friends at one point, enemies at another. They let their past affect the future. "At least remain friends again," a voice echoed their minds. It was one wish, one promise that they had kept to the girl that they both loved.

// ... \\

   A room with white walls. The unsteady beat of the IV was heard. Wearing a hospital gown the girl laid quietly reminiscing her past life. Her face was pale and her head was pounding. Her aching heart beat, her shortness in breath made her begin to form tears in her eyes. She knew that she wasn't going to make it through this time. She didn't know how long she had but she didn't care. Her life was over now. All she cared about was the gang; Kwangmin and Minwoo especially. She couldn't help but think it was her fault for Kwangmin and Minwoo's friendship. For her selfishness, but no matter how many times she would try to get close to Minwoo again, things just weren't the same. With her last bits of energy she sat up- picking a pen and a piece of paper by her bedside. There she began to write.

---

  The sound of the IV stopped beating, leaving silence in the room. Her last breath and last heartbeat had ended her life. Tears formed his eyes, rolling down his cheeks he sobbed. There was nothing that could be done. It was over. Minwoo knelt before Jae's bed holding her cold, lifeless hand. Memories they've shared together, the good ones and bad ones were opened in his mind.

   Another figure entered the room. Looking on her bedside Kwangmin saw an envelope addressed to him and Minwoo. Kwangmin looked at his now dead girlfriend. Minwoo stood up meeting eyes with Kwangmin, "Sorry.." he mumbled. Scanning the letter Kwangmin let the tears leave his eyes. The sadness and anger in Kwangmin built up.

Hey pabos~ Are you crying? Don't cry on the paper, I used my last bits of energy writing this thing.

· Hey Minwoo oppa, don't skip meals when I'm gone okay? Just cause I'm not physically there doesn't mean I'm not watching you. I just wanted to say, I love you and thank you for everything. I mean it when I say it. You've been there for me since the day we met. Oppa, please forgive me? Forgive me for not returning my feelings towards you.. for being a bad friend. But can you do me a favor and smile for me? Be the bubbly person you are, be the reason why you make others smile.

· Ugly Oppa! Are you sad because I called you ugly? Don't be because I love you so much words can't explain. Corny right? Haha.. I really don't think my letter writing format is correct huh? Well, oppa it's been a long journey. A journey you took with me since day one. I couldn't believe that I fell inlove with my best friend. My dorky, cold-hearted prince. I'm sorry I had to go. I'm sorry that I left without saying a proper goodbye. But I just want you to know that when I leave, I want you to find another love. A love that won't die. Oh also! My necklace, have it oppa. Give to the girl you'll love forever. Okay? I want you to be happy and not sulk everyday in your bedroom. Oppa I'm sorry for leaving so soon, just when we made things right.. I just couldn't hold it any longer.. but promise me one thing. You and Minwoo, not to forget Jeongmin oppa, Hyunseong oppa, and Donghyun oppa; I want the gang to always stick together. I never want to see of you guys down. I want all of you guys to remain friends 'till the end.

I'll see you both in another life. Just remember I'll be watching over you guys, always and forever.

Yi JaeMin

  Kwangmin put the letter down, clutching on the pendant he looked at Jae in front of him. He then turned his attention to Minwoo. The two boys pulled in an embrace letting their tears fall for Jae.

"Jae really, really loved you Kwangmin. I.. I was just to blind to see it," Minwoo said in between sobs. He pulled away from Kwangmin.

Kwangmin looked away towards the window. He saw the city skyline of Seoul. He was speechless. He couldn't find the proper words to say. "Thank you.." He muttered.

"For what?"

"For sticking beside Jae even when things had gone wrong."

The door opened wide. The head of the orphanage had came in with the doctor beside her and Jeongmin, Hyunseong and Donghyun right behind the two.

"My darling," The lady cooed.

The five boys gathered in a straight line, looking at Jae's figure one last time. The doctor took the white cover and laid it over Jae's body. Silent cries.

// ... \\

"Youngmin! Have you seen Minwoo?"

Youngmin shook his head, "Sorry, haven't seen him all day, why?"

   I heavily sighed. Minwoo was disappearing. Same with Jeongmin and Hyunseong. 'Probaby abducted by aliens.' I looked at Youngmin who was still waiting for an answer, "We were supposed to go to MyungDong." We sat by the stairs going up to the second floor. I rested my head on the palms of my hands.

With the corners of my eyes I saw Youngmin look at me, "Well there's only one period left do you mind going with me instead?"

  I blinked my eyes a few times processing what I heard. Was what I heard correct? I lifted my head and made direct eye contact with him. I was still pretty bummed realizing he wasn't the boy who'd save me. The memory of my hero started to fade away. 'Will I really get to see him again?'

---

"Yah, if Minwoo knows that I ditched last period to go to MyungDong he's going to kill me." I said after handing Youngmin an ice cream cone.

"Thanks," he said smiling as he the top of his vanilla flavored ice cream. "It's been a while since I've visited this place." We were both sitting inside at one of the ice cream parlors. The place was brightly colored and decorated. It was a warm and cozy place to hang around and relax while munching on some ice cream. "I haven't been here since my middle school years."

  Youngmin chuckled at my blunt actions, "Yah, you have a little something," Youngmin motioned his hands on the bottom of his lip, "No over there." With his thumb he leaned over wiping the small bits of ice cream on my lip. 'Silly girl.'

"The next time it'll be my treat," Youngmin flashed a smile. "Don't mention it, I was supposed to bring Minwoo here but that's his lost," I shrugged. The cold breeze struck us both as we exited the ice cream parlor. I tucked my chin into my scarf. It was already the end of February and the winter weather should've cleared off by now but today felt different; the wind chills were high. "What part of the arts did you enroll in?"

Youngmin kept his hands in his pocket, " I went for vocals."

"Wah, you sing?"

"Just a little," Youngmin said, "What about you?"

"Dance," I told him, "I've been dancing every since I've learned to walk," I joked. Youngmin smiled at my little joke, "Well I've been singing since I could talk," I laughed at his small remark.

'Her smile is beautiful just like her laugh.'

  A shoulder had bumped into Youngmin's. I saw as the stranger and Youngmin both stumbled back. The stranger bowed, "Sorry, I'm in a ru- YAH Kwangmin-ah what are you doing here let's go!"

 

 

-------------------------------------

*Bows head* so,so sorry for not updating in awhile... been really preoccupied with school lately and when ever I try to write something with the ideas youngbby gives me I get writer's block. Well here's chapter seven. I hope you enjoyed. Please try to spread the love by commenting down below. We'd really love to read your comments but we barely get any >w< Although subscribers have been increasing! 

Please don't forget to subscribe incase you haven't yet, and comment down below. Be sure to share this fanfic with others. ~

Stay tune! xoxo

- your authors with love