brothers-in-law

Forced

a/n: I know I should be updating my other fanfictions but I would like to write this one quickly ^^ Thanks for the 11 subbies! Wow thank you so much for appreciating the cliché story.



---

Myungsoo woke up at around 5:30 am to get ready for school. He brushed his teeth cooked breakfast. He brewed some coffee and the aroma of the roasted beans filled the room and awoken him. Just as he was finishing the hot cakes, he heard shuffling sounds from where the bedrooms were. He smiled as Sunggyu entered the kitchen with his ridiculously fluffy bed hair, eyes squinting and nose sniffing the smell of breakfast.

“Oh Good Morning Sunbae.” Myungsoo bowed and Sunggyu eyed the boy who was wearing the pink apron the ahjumma (who cleans his unit) usually wore. “Sorry, did I wake you up?” Myungso bit his lip nervously and Sunggyu nodded, sitting on the stool by the island sleepily.

“Fix me a cup of coffee. A dallop of honey and a few swigs of milk.” Sunggyu instructed as he rested his head on his perched elbow.

Myungsoo did as he was told, getting the cup from the drawer, pouring the right amount of brewed coffee in it, carefully adding the honey and the milk. He then gave the cup to Sunggyu who opened his eyes at the smell of coffee.

“Would you like some hotcakes?” Myungsoo suggested and Sunggyu nodded. Myungsoo got a couple of the hotcakes he cooked then gave it to Sunggyu along with the butter and a bottle of maple syrup.

Sunggyu took a sip of the coffee and a bite of the hotcakes; he was delighted and ate rather hurriedly.

“Why don’t you join me? Don’t make me look like your master and you are my servant. Eat or you’ll be late for school.” Sunggyu said, pointing the vacant chair across him. “Oh, I thought you don’t want to eat together.” Myungsoo said out loud and Sunggyu clicked his tongue.

“Yeah I don’t. but you cooked the food and I am just eating them. It’s your fault that the aroma is so inviting.” SUnggyu remarked and Myungsoo nodded, opting to not talk anymore.

The breakfast was silent and Sunggyu was first to finish, leaving Myungsoo to clean the mess. Myungsoo then went to his room to shower and fix himself to go to school. At a quarter before 7, he stepped out of his room and almost collided with Sunggyu.

“I’m sorry Sunbae-nim” Myungsoo bowed and Sunggyu sighed. “I’ll drive you to school. It’s the least I can do for eating your breakfast.” Sunggyu said as he walked to the front door, grabbing his keys from the table and heading out. Myungsoo was surprised and confused but followed the man out of the house and into the elevator.

He’d wanted to ask a lot of questions but Myungsoo remembered the rules he should be abiding so he just closed his mouth and looked at the elevator buttons. “Here.” Sunggyu handed him a few bills and Myungsoo was surprised. “Your allowance. Mom told me that I should give you money for your daily expenses.” Sunggyu said and Myungsoo reluctantly took them and bowed to show his gratitude.

The drive to school was silent but Myungsoo wouldn’t want to ask questions to break the ice; he still needs to survive for the next 6 months. He watched the blurring scenes as they sped off and Myungsoo wondered if Sunggyu believes in a give and take principle; you help me then I’ll help you. He sighed loudly and this did not go unnoticed by the man on the driver’s seat.

“I’m just not sociable. I don’t like company but I believe that good deeds need to be repaid. The breakfast was delicious by the way” Sunggyu said and Myungsoo nodded then gave a small smile.

Myungsoo got off and bowed at Sunggyu. The elder gave a nod before driving off. Myungsoo adjusted his back pack and headed towards campus. Just his luck, the girls were waiting for him

“Myungsoo oppa!” The girls squealed and he flashed them a wide smile, a practiced smile he perfected. He then walked towards the gates where Sungjong and Sungyeol were just getting out of their car.

“Oh what do we have here?” Sungjong said with a knowing grin and SUngyeol sighed. “So how’s your first night with him?” Sungyeol asked and Sungjong cringed at his twin’s words. “That sounded like they had their honeymoon.” Sunjong said and Myungsoo flustered at the thought. “oh, you did it already?” Sungjong teased and laughed out loud; great, now Myungsoo’s really red.

“Shut up Jong!” Sungyeol said and Myungsoo took a deep breath.

“Nope we did not and I don’t think we will ever o it. He said that I am not his type.” Myungsoo said and walked inside the campus, ignoring Sungjong’s remarks.

The day progressed just like any normal day but his lunch today wasn’t exactly normal. Try as he might, the twins were really trying to attach themselves to him (in an irritating way while we’re at it). He sat in his usual table when the twins sat across him, smiling wide at him. He rolled his eyes and frowned at them.

“Relax.” Sungyeol said and Myungsoo puffed his cheeks. “We’re just curious because hyung hasn’t kicked you out yet.” Sungyeol said as he took his chicken sandwich.

“I am quite surprised as well.” Myungsoo replied and Sungjong pointed a finger at him.

“What did you feed him?” Sungjong asked and Myungsoo tried to recall all the food he cooked so far.

“I made eggs and bacon for brunch when I arrived there then hotcakes and coffee earlier. That’s just it.” Myungsoo said and Sungyeol was beeming with happiness. “Brewed coffee? Can you make one for me too?” he asked and Myungsoo looked at him with confused eyes.

“He’s addicted to that bitter stuff. Anyway, did you know that hyung’s weakness is food?” Sungjong asked and Myungsoo shook his head.

“I just figured that he likes eating.” Myungsoo said nonchalantly and Sungjong nodded.

“Well, you’re off to a great start. “ Sungjong smiled at him (and not the devilish ones he used to wear) then handed an envelope. “Mom said to give it to hyung. It’s for his blind date by Friday.” Sungjong told Myungsoo and the boy took the envelope and placed it in his bag.

“I’m glad that you’re at least safe!” Sungyeol said and it made Myungsoo a bit nervous.

“Why? Is your brother a vampire? A werewolf? A shapeshifter? A monster?” Myungsoo asked and the twins laughed.

“Let’s just say, he has his periods.” Sungjong said then dropped the topic all together.

It left Myungsoo hanging though, and the questions inside his brain were adding up to infinity. He shook his head as he walked towards the dance studio to meet his good friend Taemin.

“Hey Tae, how’s practice?” He asked and the boy by the window nodded. “been great Myungsoo hyung. How’s your dad?” He asked in retuned and Myungsoo sighed before smiling. “he’s better.” He replied and Taemin nodded before turning the stereo on.

Myungsoo watched as Taemin danced to the music like they were connected and one. He was so into the performace that he didn’t notice another person sitting next to him. His trance was broken when he heard a familiar clicking sound.

“Minho hyung!” He exclaimed and upon hearing the name, Taemin came running towards this Minho guy and embracing him like he’s the cuddliest teddy bear in the world.

“Minho hyung!” Taemin was almost crying as he hugged tighter. “Calm down Tae, I was just out for a week.” Minho said with a smile. “But even a day is just long!” Taemin whined and Myungsoo smiled to himself. He wonders if a cliché love story would really pop out of his current situation; he just shook his head and smiled at the sight before him. He’ll worry his love life when it appears.



---

A/N: It’s a double update! Yay… but sadly, I’ll be gone for a few days maybe.. because I’ll be focusing on my other series which also demands an update from me.