starting to drift

Forced

a/n: Howdy~ sorry this took longer than expected. Backlogs caught up and well piled with stress at work and new fanfics ~ I have no valid excuse really.

So Last Romeo MV was released and there were a few (not really, just camera angle) Myunggyu moments in there so I was thrilled to write an update. I was supposed to type this out 2 nights ago but then the sudden urge to watch GWGM hit me and I was laughing crazy at Hee and Puff then watching other vids on YT XD sorry, I got distracted ~

Oh and I’ve decided to enter this story to a contest, not that it was good but because I just want to try ~ lol but I am not expecting anything, The story is a cliché as it could get.

Also, I deleted the first chapter (introduction) and actually posted it on the foreword instead, just to clean this story a bit and to give potential subbies an insight of the story.

Then lastly, I can’t prolong the angst anymore… it has to come but I am dropping it in tiny servings until we build it up and it hurts to read and write~ so please don’t hate me okay?

-------

Myungsoo sighed as he looked at the calendar on his desk. It has been that long since he stayed with Sunggyu and now the days are counting down to the day of his graduation. He was dreading the day to be honest, because he had developed such feelings and he had been comfortable with his Sunggyu sunbae.

He sighed for the nth time before he walked to his bed and turned off the bedside lamp. But his eyes knew better than to close so he lied awake for what seemed like forever until a knock on the door brought him out of his reverie.

“Myungsoo?” Sunggyu called out and Myungsoo eyed the head popping from his bedroom door.

‘Yes sunbae?” He answered and he watched the older enter the room and sitting on the side of his bed.

“I can’t sleep,’ He stated and Myungsoo pushed himself up with his elbows and faced the older.

“Hot chocolate?” Myungsoo asked and Sunggyu nodded cutely which made Myungsoo chuckle at the adorable sunbae; and he mentally note how those tiny eyes were permanently closed and yet he can still see perfectly.

Myungsoo got off from his bed and extended a hand for Sunggyu. The older took it and the two walked out of the bedroom hand in hand. Myungsoo let the hand go and Sunggyu somehow frowned at the lost of the warm pal on his but soon smiled as he watched Myungsoo prepare the hot chocolate. Myungsoo took out some tablea that they purchased from their trip to the Philippines last December and then got some milk from the fridge. He let the milk simmer for a while before he dropped the tablea and used a wooden spoon to stir the mixture.

Sunggyu took in the delicious aroma of the brewing chocolate and waited eagerly for his cup. The steaming cup was served a few minutes later and Sunggyu was already smiling wide as he tasted the thick chocolate that coated his tongue. “You are really good at cooking nekko.” Sunggyu uttered delightedly.

“Thank you Sunbae.” Myungsoo replied and drank his cup in silence.

“What are you doing this Friday?” Sunggyu asked and Myungsoo thought for a while before answering him.

“I’ll be out with some friends.” He replied and Sunggyu nodded and then smiled at him.

“Enjoy yourself then.” Sunggyu replied and Myungsoo could have sworn that there was a slight disappointment on his sunbae’s eyes.

They finished the cup and was about to return to their bedrooms when Sunggyu pulled Myungsoo towards the piano and sat him on the bench. Sunggyu then cleared his throat and pressed the keys lightly, filling the room with soft sounds.

“Listen.” Sunggyu instructed with a soft smile on his pink lips.

Myungsoo nodded and stayed rooted on his seat as Sunggyu played a song so beautiful, it almost felt like a confession. Sunggyu closed his eyes as he played into the supposed chorus and Myungsoo could see the tears fell from the eyes of the older, but he let the older get lost on the music.

“Gwenchana?” Myungsoo asked softly and Sunggyu opened his eyes and looked at him before smiling wide.

“I am now.” He stated and led Myungsoo down the hall and towards their bedrooms. “Good night Nekko.” He said as they reached their bedroom doors and Sunggyu leaned in to kiss the younger on his cheek before entering his room.

Myungsoo was wide eyed but smiling to himself as he touched the area where Sunggyu’s lips touched, the skin burning and marking him as the elder’s territory, Myungsoo shook his head to remove the thoughts and made his way towards his bedroom, plopping down on the soft bed and sleeping with ease.

----

“Happy Valentine’s Day!” Christine greeted her boss with the morning coffee and a box of chocolates. “Share them with Myungsoo okay?” She reminded and left the boss who gladly opened the box.

It was a yearly routine for him to receive chocolates from Christine but this year, he was expecting another sweet treat. He looked at the hamster and kitten shaped molded chocolate. A smile graced his lips and decided to take a picture of the chocolates.

He then turned to his coffee and took a sip, before opening his laptop to work on the day’s requirements.

He ventured on the day, a boring one to be exact and left at work an hour early since he had a dinner meeting with a friend at the revolving restaurant at Namsan. He returned home and quickly changed into a less suffocating pair of pants and semi casual button downs and his trademark watch. He checked himself in the mirror before leaving the place to drive to the Namsan tower.

He arrived an hour early and decided to roam the place a bit, dropping by at the teddy bear museum and picking out a cute white bear for his brother Sungjong, the kid has been addicted to fluff anyway. He then made his way towards the open area where the locks where placed only to find it congested with lovers spending valentine’s evening with each other.

He took a step back and went up to the restaurant, feeling suffocated by the number of lovers in sight. He took deep breaths to calm his racing heart and when the elevator door opened, he put on his poker face and approached the restaurant calmly.

“Kim Sunggyu.” He informed the head waiter and he called in a staff to usher the man to his seat.

He looked around for his supposed friend when his eyes widened at the sight before him. “Annyeong hasaeyo, Kim Myungsoo imnida, I’ll lead you to your seat.” The boy bowed and when their eyes met, Sunggyu was glaring at him, cheeks puffed and lips pursed in an adorable pout.

Myungsoo gulped loudly and shifted his weight nervously as he eyed the sunbae, he was sure the other was angry, he lied to him of course. Sunggyu then softened his gaze and nodded, giving Myungsoo the sign to lead the way. Myungsoo walked towards an empty table and handed him the menu.

“I’m expecting Woohyun.” Sunggyu announced and Myungsoo nodded and left him as he attended the customer at the far left who asked for their wine.

Sunggyu was mad, believe it or not he is really fuming with anger: It’s not that he hated seeing Myungsoo, because he just wouldn’t admit it but yes he loved seeing the boy, but because it felt like he hadn’t done his part as a guardian, to provide for the younger and treat him well.

Woohyun was escorted by Myungsoo a few minutes later and handed the menu. Sunggyu eyed him carefully and Woohyun sighed defeated. “Yes, I brought you here to see him at work. I just found out last week when I was making reservations.” Woohyun replied but somehow Sunggyu felt something sinister hidden deep in Woohyun’s words.

The dinner progressed with the two friends talking and sharing stories, Sunggyu decided to leave his love life untouched because for the past years that he had been open about it, it ended even before it started.

‘I guess we would end up single together.” Woohyun joked as he raised his glass and Sunggyu laughed and raised his as well.

Dessert was served by the boy and every single time that Myungsoo passed by, or serve them the dishes, Sunggyu would spare him a glance, secretly wanting the boy to sit across him and share the valentine’s dinner with him.

The sight however made Woohyun agitated but he kept his cool. The ploy to make Sunggyu his has just started so he’s not going to give in to the pangs of jealousy in the meantime.

Sunggyu called it a night and Woohyun agreed, getting the bill and paying for it. “My treat” He said as he winked at Sunggyu who dismissed the grease of the friend

The two left the restaurant but Sunggyu had forgotten his phone on the table so he had to go back for it. As he did, he saw Myungsoo clearing their table. He approached the lad and Myungsoo flashed him a warm smile.

“What time are you ending your shift?” He asked and Myungsoo glanced on the watch above the bar and turned to Sunggyu.

’15 minutes.” He replied and Sunggyu nodded and took the phone on the table and face Myungsoo.

“Meet me at the deck okay? I’m driving you home.” He said then left the place.

Sunggyu waited on the observation deck, the locks providing some sort of pain in his chest as he looked at a few interesting ones. He saw some sort of Fan and idol locks and some new ones which was recently added since it was valentine’s day.

“Sunbae.” He heard the familiar voice and Sunggyu turned to see the handsome teen approach him.

“Let’s go.” Sunggyu uttered as he stepped inside and towards the elevator.

The ride down was quiet and Myungsoo was feeling something break inside, probably his heart but he knew it was the elder’s trust. They entered Sunggyu’s car and the elder drove without uttering any words which made Myungsoo much more scared when the elder explodes later on. Sunggyu made a quick turn and Myungsoo was surprised to see his sunbae enter a drive through for chicken, at this hour Sunggyu was thinking of food.

Sunggyu then parked in front of the Banpo bridge and walked out of the car with the chicken at hand. He sat on the hood and placed the box beside him. Myungsoo was confused but followed the older outside and sat next to the box of chicken.

‘Sunbae.” Myungsoo started and Sunggyu sighed before opening the box and taking a chicken leg. “Sunbae?” Myungsoo called out softly and Sunggyu sighed before biting the meat off the bone and munching like an angry full cheeked hamster.

After about three bites he turned to Myungsoo. “Eat, you had a long night.” Sunggyu uttered and urged Myungsoo to take a chicken leg as well.

Myungsoo did as he was told and soon the two were munching on chicken while enjoying the starry sky above them.

“Why?” Sunggyu suddenly asked and Myungsoo swallowed painfully.

“What why?” Myungsoo asked back and Sunggyu’s hands clenched into a fist.

“Why are you working? Is your allowance not enough?” Sunggyu asked, a bit hurt at the actions of the younger. Myungsoo shook his head and tried to string words that would hurt his sunbae less. “Do you know how incompetent I feel right now?” Sunggyu asked and Myungsoo snapped his head to look at his sunbae straight in the eyes.

“I have to sunbae, I need to start being independent and stop leaning on you. Next month I will be graduating and I will leave your house. I need to live on my own somehow.” He replied and Sunggyu was wide eyed as he realized that the time was nearly up, he has to decide on his feelings if he wanted to keep Myungsoo.

‘But this is.. “ Sunggyu was thinking.

“We need to learn to live without each other because before we met, we do things separately.” Myungsoo uttered and that left the two silently awkward.

“Are you really leaving Myungsoo?” Sunggyu asked after a long moment.

“I have to sunbae.” Myungsoo replied and Sunggyu sighed as he thought deeply.

He needs to decide on things the soonest.

---

a/n: oh wow I think this is rather long~ anyway it’s not even angsty T.T wait till the next update, I am building momentum on the angst