shadow

Forced

a/n: I promise you that this is the last chapter on the angst so please bear with it for a little while~

I am trying my best to deliver a good story, and thank you very much for those leaving comments. I really appreciate them and I am moved to tears that you find this story good at the very least.

 

*bows in gratitude* Thank you so much~

 

----

 

 

Sunggyu felt numb as he stepped out of the elevator with Heechul by his side; off all the people that could help him, it has to be his cousin.

 

Hyung, I am okay now.” Sunggyu uttered as they stopped in front of Sunggyu’s apartment door.

 

It doesn’t hurt to be extra careful Gyu.” Heechul uttered as they entered the empty apartment. “I ask Sumi to clean the place.” Heechul informed him and Sunggyu nodded.

 

They then walked towards the bedrooms and Sunggyu sighed before reaching the doorknob on Myungsoo’s room. He entered with a heavy heart as Heechul followed closely behind. Sunggyu scanned the room where he last been and tears formed in his eyes. He looked at the letter and the photographs on Myungsoo’s desk then sighed. He moved his eyes and saw that a new shelf was installed.

 

I got that installed.” Heechul uttered and Sunggyu walked towards it, the first camera he bought now neatly placed on the middle of the shelf. He then took the well preserved bouquet of white roses and looked at Heechul. “it was a bit pricey but I thought you wanted to have it preserved.” Heechul said and Sunggyu smiled a little then nodded.

 

His graduation gifts were also placed on the shelf and Sunggyu sighed loudly. “Heechul hyung.” He called out and Heechul hummed to acknowledge him. “Can we get some picture frames?” He asked and Heechul smiled then nodded.

 

Want to go now?” He asked and Sunggyu nodded. The two of them left for the department store.

 

They picked up various frame sizes in pitch black but Heechul did not question Sunggyu’s choice in home décor. They returned home and Sunggyu took the two photographs and letter that Myungsoo left him prior to leaving and put it in one frame. He then took the other photograph he received back when he was hospitalized, a faint blood stain smeared on the perfect picture, and then framed it as well. Then took out the latest picture Minah handed him when he was discharged this morning and put it in another frame.

 

They hanged the frames on the wall by the TV and Sunggyu sighed before thanking Heechul for his help. He walked towards his room and locked himself. Heechul sighed; pitying his cousin who he knew was madly in love with Myungsoo then his eyes landed on the stark black frames amidst the endless white. He smiled a little and wished that the black cat would find his way home very soon.

 

----

 

Good morning.” Christine greeted her boss and handed him his morning coffee. Sunggyu nodded and took the cup, grimacing at the familiar taste of Myungsoo’s morning cup. “Oh I’m sorry, let me fix you a new one.” Christine bowed in apology but Sunggyu shook his head.

 

I’m okay, it makes me remember.” Sunggyu uttered. “It gives me hope.” He uttered and Christine wanted to cry on the spot.

 

She left the boss as she tended to her work but returned soon after with a thermos and an envelope. Sunggyu looked at her in the eye and she nodded, understanding what her boss would silently inquire. Sunggyu took the envelope and opened it, revealing a picture of him and Myungsoo on their Ferris wheel ride back in the Philippines. His tears started to build on the sides of his eyes as he flipped the photo.

 

Sunggyu-nim

Happy Birthday.

I promise to cook for you and that promise I will fulfill.

 

Myungsoo

 

He took the thermos and opened it to find seaweed soup. He glanced up to Christine who was teary eyed as well. “Minho handed it just now, saying that Taemin brought it in behalf of Myungsoo.” She explained and Sunggyu let the tears fall from his eyes. He poured a little bit of the soup on the lid and took a sip. Myungsoo fulfilled his promise, he couldn’t be any happier on his birthday.

 

Christine left the boss who was a mix of adorable hamster and moping chipmunk drinking his seaweed soup while sobbing. She sighed as she took her seat, closing her eyes and praying that Myungsoo and Sunggyu could get back together, because she could never wish for anything else Sunggyu could ever want in hos life that his life partner.

 

A ring on the phone woke her from her little daydream and when she answered it, it was Sunggyu asking her to purchase some black picture frame. She assured him to get the best frame as she took her phone and wallet then ran off to purchase the said item. She returned as fast as she could and hended him the majestic black frame and Sunggyu took it wth a placid smile and gingerly inserted the picture sent to him. He smiled contently as he gaze at the framed picture.

 

Once he got home later that night, he neatly placed it on the wall along with the other photographs that Myungsoo had previously sent and a comfortable smile appeared on his face.

 

Little by little, as the months passed, the pictures Myungsoo had been sending on special occasions had grown. The previous white walls of his apartment had accomodated black frames that held Sunggyu's pictures; from his saddest days to the most gleeful ones; Myungsoo was like a shadow that followe him and took his photos without him even knowing.

 

He would have wanted to see his nekko and wished that he could spot him amidst the crowd but his eyes were too small and Myungsoo was a good stalker, but in his heart he could feel him, they were connected this way.

 

When will you stop Gyu?” He heard Woohyun as he was hanging the latest photograph Myungsoo sent in, of him during the press conference of their latest campaign ad for a well known clothing brand.

 

Never.” Came his reply.

 

Sunggyu look at me.” Woohyun pulled the friend towards him, sunggyu dropping the frame and the glass shattered as it hit the floor. “Can you please forget about him?” Woohyun pleaded while he looked straight into his eyes.

 

No!” Sunggyu twisted his wrist and stepped away from Woohyun. “I will never forget Myungsoo.” He shouted and drew the last straw.

 

'Why can't you love me? What does he has that I don't freaking have?” Woohyun shouted back. “Why don't you see me like you see him? I've been in love with you for years Sunggyu!” Woohyun declared.

 

You should stop now Woohyun.” Sunggyu said calmly as he backed away from Woohyun.

 

'Why can't you love me???” Woohyun shouted louder. “Why?” he asked and Sunggyu shivered at the words.

 

'I should've told you earlier Woohyun, I should've stopped you when I could.” Sunggyu replied. “You can't force anyone to love you Woohyun. I thought you could've understood it by now.” Sunggyu uttered, voice rising an octave higher. “I let it pass, after what you did to Soyou, i thought you might repent on your deeds but i guess you won't” Sunggyu pointed out.

 

'you knew?” Woohyun asked and Sunggyu nodded.

 

And I know you did something such that Myungsoo would stay away from me.” Sunggyu paused as the tears brimmed on the side of his eyes. “You wanna know why i can't love you?” Sunggyu asked Woohyun nodded as his tears fell.

 

'because i can't love someone who is as greedy as you! You/re a coward and you resort to conspiracy to get what you want. You are forcing yourself to me and i can't take it.” Sunggyu uttered and Woohyun was taken aback by it.

 

'But Myungsoo forced himself to you as well, aren't we any different?” Woohyun asked.

 

But Myungsoo was selfless, opting to make me happy instead of gaining his own happiness.” Sunggyu looked at the pictures that hanged on the wall. “He wanted me to be happy, even if it meant him being my shadow.” Sunggyu then sadly looked at Woohyun.

 

You never did things like that for me Woohyun. You took advantage of my depression and made me hate everyone around me.” Sunggyu continued. “But that also made me hate you.” the words pierced Woohyun's soul and he was rendered speechless.

 

I...” Woohyun tried to speak but hs voice left him.

 

And I will continue to hate you until you return him to me.” Sunggyu uttered then walked past Woohyun and grabbed the fallen photograph and went to his room.

 

He hates me.” Woohyun uttered, fingers balling into a fist before punching the wall next to him.

 

----

 

a/n: Well i told you that this will be the last angsty chapter... but heads up, more or less the next update would be a little angsty then rated, depending on the length of my writing.. so yeah.. that's it for now ^^