separation

Forced

Myungsoo sighed as he lined up to get his diploma along with the others in his class. Their homeroom teacher was announcing each studen't name like they were his own child, the student then walking towards the principal to receive the coveted paper and the tube. When his name was called, he took a deep breath and walked towards the Principal. He smiled at him then bowed as he received the parchment. He then walked down the stage as quietly as he could an sat on his chair to avoid attention.

 

As soon as the ceremony was finished, he walked out of the auditorium quietly only to be cornered by fangirls who was giving him presents and asking for his second button. His second button though was already ripped out of his shool blazer which disappointed the many hopeful girls. He apologized as he he made his way out of the school gates, receiving tons of paper bags that the girls bought for him.

 

Sunggyu parked hastily and grabbed the bouquet and went towards the school grounds where both students and parents littered. He spotted his brother and ran to them.

 

'Where's Myungsoo?” He asked and the twin shook their head. Sunggyu's heart clenched, he had a bad feeling about this one.

 

Is that for us hyung?” Sungjong pointed to the bouquet of white roses. Sunggyu shook his head and glared at the youngest. “i'm just asking. Okay it's for Myung I understand.” Sungjong replied, pouting as he looked away, only to smile widely as Howon approached him and handed him a bouquet of pink roses.

 

Congratulations Sungjong.” Howon greeted as he handed the flowers. Sungjong blushed as he received the flowers and thanking him for the gift. He then grabbed his second button and handed it to Howon, blushing unconttrollably as the dancer received it and gave him a peck on his cheek.

 

I've gotta go!” Sunggyu stated but Mrs. Kim had other plans. He grabbed the son and pushed him towards the twins and asked Howon to take their picture.

 

Sunggyu groaned impatiently as the time ticked, he wasn't rally feeling good about not seeing myungsoo. The next second that he found a chance, he dashed back towards his car and revved the engine. He had lost too much time with the pictorial and he can't afford to lose another second, Myungsoo could be anywhere by now. When he reached the apartment, he impatiently pressed on the button and waited for the damn (turtle paced according to Sunggyu) elevator to open.

 

He boarded the elevator, carrying the cake, gifts and bouquet with him and pushed the button. He hurriedly stepped out of the elevator and missed the boy in black pulling a suitcase board the other elevator down the building.

 

He hurriedly entered the pass code on his door and entered the apartment, calling out to Myungsoo who wasn't answering. He placed the stuff he was holding on the couch and went towards Myungsoo's room. His hand trembled as he touched the knob, his heart beating erratically inside his chest. He took a deep breath and turned the knob then pushing the door open with all his strength.

 

The sight that fell beofre him made him fall to his knees as he shed silent tears. Myungsoo wasn't there, and the room was stripped clean. He knew it, he already felt that this was going to happen but still he wanted to take a chance. He looked at the empty room, picked himself up and walked towards the study table where a letter and a small box lay. He took the box and opened it, it was Myungsoo's second button.

 

Sunggyu took the button and stared at it as he fought the fresh tears that are about to spill from his eyes. His hands were already shaking as he took the letter and read it. As he opened the folded stationery, two pictures fell and Sunggyu recogmized them as those taken in the coffee shop that they visited after he got Myungsoo a camera and the other was taken when they had a vacation last December.

 

Sunggyu sunbae-nim,

 

Sorry for being a coward. I am leaving you today in compliance to the agreement I made with your parents. The six months that i spent with you had been wonderful and I am really thankful that you had accepted me somehow.

 

I was debating if I should stay or not, but I figured that you are not yet ready for a relationship, moreover with a kid like me. I wanted stay, in all honesty, I would love to make more memories with you but i feel that you wouldn't want to. The fact that I am still calling you sunbae-nim instead of hyung proved that we would never proceed to anything more than a sunbae and a hoobae.

 

I have a lot of things to say, i feel that this isn't enough to convey what i feel but i'd rather make this short. Sunggyu sunbae-nim, i hope when we meet again, I can call you hyung.

 

Myungsoo.

 

Sunggyu held the letter to his chest, along with the second button as he fell to the ground to cry. He let out painful tears as his heart ached, he never knew how painful their parting could get. He had experienced this prior but the intensity of Myungsoo's leaving was way beyond the first heart ache. He cried even more as he stared at the camera on the desk along with the debit card he had given him.

 

And with one last labored breath, his world black out on him.

 

Sunggyu opened his eyes to the darkness that resemvled his heart. He was still in Myungsoo's room, clutching the second button and the letter like it was the most precious treasures in this world; it most probably is for a person who had realized that he had love the kid way too much to separate like this.

 

He climb onto the bed and breathed in the remaining scent the lingered on the bed. His tears fell once more as he reminisced the times he had with Myungsoo, his black cat that occupied the whole space in his heart only to leave a gaping black hole. He cried more as he thought back on the things he had done for him. He wasn't blaming the younger though, having to put up with a weird sunbae like him, he himself did not know himself well.

 

He pulled the pillow closer to his body, as he drowned himself in tears that had no plans of ceasing. It was like a curse to him, he could never be happy so it seems.

 

The next time Sunggyu opened his eyes, he was greeted by awful white walls with equally awful stench of antiseptic. He was in a hospital and Woohyun had explained that he was found unconcious and had been asleep for the past three days.

 

I thought it was forever.

 

With difficulty, Sunggyu stood to leave, his limbs felt like mush but he was decisive about it, he needed to find Myungsoo.

 

Stop, you need to recover.” Woohyun uttered, helping the friend who fell to the cold tile floor as he attempted to stand.

 

I need to find him!” Sunggyu shouted, voice painfully hoarse from the lack of fluids the past three days that he had been sleeping beauty. “I need to find Myungsoo! He promised me, he'll cook for me on my birthday.” He cried once again, not knowing where the tears came from, but perhaps the IV provided more tears for him, or else, he'll cry his blood out.

 

I need to find him.” He repeated as he pounded on Woohyun's chest in an attempt to let himself free from the clasp of the doctor.

 

You need to recover first Sunggyu.” He uttered, helping the weak friend back to the bed. “Sleep some more Sunggyu.” Woohyun uttered as he injected some sedative to the friend.

 

Sunggyu slowly felt his eyes gettign heavy and closing on their own, his vision was blurring and his body felt limp. He was slowly seeing pitch black and a smile formed on his lips as the name escaped from his lips. Myungsoo.

 

Woohyun leaned in to kiss Sunggyu's forehead and held his hand. He gave it a gentle squeeze as he smirked. “You are mine Sunggyu.” He whispered and watched his beloved sleep sweetly, hissing as Sunggyu uttered Myungsoo in his sleep. “You will be mine.” He uttered with conviction and soon left the room.

 

---

 

a/n: yeah... evil I know ~ but hey i needed to write it down now.. can't hold it in anymore~